Nola Records

45cellar

I've seen Barefootin' / Let's Go Baby on Nola with Red, Yellow & Blue labels.

Red appears to be the common one for this release.

The Blue one has a "Nashville Matrix" Stamp, that's what made me think regional.

Anyone know if the Nola label used these as regional differences, or different for 1st, 2nd, 3rd issue.

I think some of the other titles were on different colours, just wondering why.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The Blue one has a "Nashville Matrix" Stamp, that's what made me think regional.

Anyone know if the Nola label used these as regional differences, or different for 1st, 2nd, 3rd issue.

Mines black.

Social source share

I can't speak for other titles on the label, but barefooting was such a big hit I wouldn't be surprised if it was repressed many times with different variations. I know I've seen it on styrene and vinyl, for example.

Social source share

Mines black.
post-9242-1206197400_thumb.jpg

my red one has a nashville matrix stamp

I can't speak for other titles on the label, but barefooting was such a big hit I wouldn't be surprised if it was repressed many times with different variations. I know I've seen it on styrene and vinyl, for example.

Thanks,

It is a Label that I have only just started collecting/picking a few titles up.

I just wondered if there was a known date for each colour or regional.

The red one with the "Nashville Matrix" is most helpful

The big hit, repressed many times.

Yes certainly go with that now, thanks for everyones help with this.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Thanks,

It is a Label that I have only just started collecting/picking a few titles up.

I just wondered if there was a known date for each colour or regional.

The red one with the "Nashville Matrix" is most helpful

The big hit, repressed many times.

Yes certainly go with that now, thanks for everyones help with this.

Hello rodger this was a great logo and the feature of the logo is the awesome caught you in a lie by Robert Parker! Not seen a discography for this logo,dont know if Dave has one on soulful kinda etc,would not mind one myself!

BAZ A

Social source share

Not seen a discography for this logo

Try >>> Nola Discography <<<

I've had Nashville Matrix and Monarch pressed copies on quite a few numbers, and a few label variations per plant too! Never had any orange label copies bar the last number on the label from Marlyn Barbarin...which also happens to be a tough one to find and a anthem-like slab of Northern Soul...I reviewed it >>> HERE <<< for Shades of Soul many mooms ago.

:lol:

post-9555-1206247908.jpg

Social source share

I've had Nashville Matrix and Monarch pressed copies on quite a few numbers, and a few label variations per plant too! Never had any orange label copies bar the last number on the label from Marlyn Barbarin...which also happens to be a tough one to find and a anthem-like slab of Northern Soul...I reviewed it >>> HERE <<< for Shades of Soul many mooms ago.

:lol:

Dave Rimmer's site has more #s on it:

https://www.soulfulkindamusic.net/nola.htm

although this site has a different side for the b-side of #703

https://funky16corners.tripod.com/11_warren_lee.htm

Social source share

While we're on the subject of Barefootin, there's a great version by TV & the Tribesman, released by HBR Records on the US West Coast I believe in an attempt to steal Robert Parker's thunder.

TV's version got a release on Aussie Astor .

Can UK label collectors on here tell us if TV got a UK release?

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

While we're on the subject of Barefootin, there's a great version by TV & the Tribesman, released by HBR Records on the US West Coast I believe in an attempt to steal Robert Parker's thunder.

TV's version got a release on Aussie Astor .

Can UK label collectors on here tell us if TV got a UK release?

...It did, on Pye International. I'm sure that someone will put a scan up and if they don't, I will, once I can lay my hands on my copy. The flip side "The Fat Man" had about 5 minutes of Northern popularity in the early days of the Mecca...

The vocalist on the 'TV and the Tribesmen' record is the great Texas soul man, Joe Medwick, BTW.

The record was actually produced in Houston, by the now-disgraced Huey P Meaux and, as you say, it was recorded to capitalise on Robert Parker's originally 'local-only' distribution...

Social source share

...It did, on Pye International. I'm sure that someone will put a scan up and if they don't, I will, once I can lay my hands on my copy. The flip side "The Fat Man" had about 5 minutes of Northern popularity in the early days of the Mecca...

The vocalist on the 'TV and the Tribesmen' record is the great Texas soul man, Joe Medwick, BTW.

The record was actually produced in Houston, by the now-disgraced Huey P Meaux and, as you say, it was recorded to capitalise on Robert Parker's originally 'local-only' distribution...

That's right Tony, and HBR even released an LP on TV & the Tribesmen which is packed with great RnB tunes ...

Social source share

This seems entirely the right place to ask what it's going to cost me to replace the (recently departed) 'I Caught You In A Lie' Demo?

Oh dear, was hoping it was still 25/30 ish ..

robert parker.i caught you in a lie.nola wdj.new orlean

End price: GBP 46

End date:

2007-02-05

Start price:

GBP

Start date:

2007-01-26

Number of bids: 3

Auctioned at: ebay

Social source share

Hello rodger this was a great logo and the feature of the logo is the awesome caught you in a lie by Robert Parker! Not seen a discography for this logo,dont know if Dave has one on soulful kinda etc,would not mind one myself!

BAZ A

:D

post-9555-1206247908.jpg

Hi Baz

Not sure if I've seen that Discography before, Nice One, Thanks. :thumbsup:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!