The Community Soul Project- 2

:thumbsup: Let the Hallelujah's ring out across this Isle of ours. It's time to get some Church people and once again re-affirm your belief in all things Soulful, come gather and pay homage to great Toons from across the genres and eras at North Herts Cathedral of Soul, the Spirella Ballroom in Letchworth, Herts on Friday 18th April from 8pm-2am.

The resident Apostles will be in attendance; Taffy, Steve Guanori, Sean Chapman, TheBigO and the Arch-Bishop of Rare Soul himself Soul Sam spinning all that's great in R&B, Northern/Modern Soul, Crossover, Deep Funk and Latin Soul from the 60's to Y2K. This month Lay-Preacher Dave 'Praise Be!' Fleming joins us so another excellent night is in store for those that make the journey to the Garden City.

There are a few changes from the opening night; bigger sound system, darker lighting, DJ roster mixed better and so on (all comments have been taken on board from that first night) and we are expecting this to be another sold-out evening. The first one was a great night and we are hoping to build on that and provide another fun filled, friendly, across-the-board night for all! Come with an open mind and a happy heart and discover why our club slogan reads: HERTS- FULL OF SOUL!

Full details can be found on the 'Events' calendar, there's feedback on that first night in the Look-back section and there are some photo's from the opening night in the Gallery also. (I think Dr Pickles is posting some later this week also!) More info to follow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Ah Boots, thought you might be given that I have seen you of late minus the crutches! Looking set to be another great night and a sell-out. Just sorting the final DJ times for posting later this week and the mail-outs have been sent. The management had nothing but praise for the crowd at the last one and Taffs got even more new toons to spin so should be another packed floor! More laters

Guest Dr Pickles

:D Let the Hallelujah's ring out across this Isle of ours. It's time to get some Church people and once again re-affirm your belief in all things Soulful, come gather and pay homage to great Toons from across the genres and eras at North Herts Cathedral of Soul, the Spirella Ballroom in Letchworth, Herts on Friday 18th April from 8pm-2am.

The resident Apostles will be in attendance; Taffy, Steve Guanori, Sean Chapman, TheBigO and the Arch-Bishop of Rare Soul himself Soul Sam spinning all that's great in R&B, Northern/Modern Soul, Crossover, Deep Funk and Latin Soul from the 60's to Y2K. This month Lay-Preacher Dave 'Praise Be!' Fleming joins us so another excellent night is in store for those that make the journey to the Garden City.

There are a few changes from the opening night; bigger sound system, darker lighting, DJ roster mixed better and so on (all comments have been taken on board from that first night) and we are expecting this to be another sold-out evening. The first one was a great night and we are hoping to build on that and provide another fun filled, friendly, across-the-board night for all! Come with an open mind and a happy heart and discover why our club slogan reads: HERTS- FULL OF SOUL!

Full details can be found on the 'Events' calendar, there's feedback on that first night in the Look-back section and there are some photo's from the opening night in the Gallery also. (I think Dr Pickles is posting some later this week also!) More info to follow.

Don't worry, I'll put a couple of shots showing what a great venue this is.

Neil, really glad you took all the comments as positive criticism after all the hard work on the first one. :thumbsup:

With more 60's, darker lighting, improved sound system and this list of DJ's I can't wait for Friday 18th April.

This really is one of the best venues we've got.

med_gallery_90_1815_304103.jpg

Who are those two baldies at the front :huh::ohmy::D

ATB

Doc

:ohmy: Let the Hallelujah's ring out across this Isle of ours. It's time to get some Church people and once again re-affirm your belief in all things Soulful, come gather and pay homage to great Toons from across the genres and eras at North Herts Cathedral of Soul, the Spirella Ballroom in Letchworth, Herts on Friday 18th April from 8pm-2am.

Looks like a great line-up and a good night. I live in Royston now...is it far from there? :thumbsup:

Guest Dr Pickles

Looks like a great line-up and a good night. I live in Royston now...is it far from there? :ohmy:

Hi Paul

As long as it's Royston in Cambs (A505) and not Barnsley I would say 30 mins. :thumbsup:

Doc

Guest Dr Pickles

If that - 10-15 miles and dual carriageway all the way.....would be good to see you Paul

Steve G

As Stephen Hawkin once said "speed is relative and down to the car you drive" :thumbsup:

4_wheel_bike_pedal_car.jpg

Yep thats about right, 10-15 mins from Royston and you will be more than welcome to sample the madness thats a CSP event (judging by the first one!) The line-up will run as follows:

8-9: TheBigO

9-10: Taffy

10-11: Dave Fleming

11-12: Sean Chapman

12-1: Steve G & His amazing air guitar workshop (no, honestly!)

1-2: Soul Sam

Pickles, I think the 2 baldies are Soul Sams groupies surely??????

More info as always to follow and I shall be alling all DJs some time in next few days as the kids are now back at school and I have a life again!!!!! Laters

*ps: Paul, dont you know Michael & Sally, the Actors luvvy??? Its just they live in Arlesey also

Edited by TheBigO

Steve G

As Stephen Hawkin once said "speed is relative and down to the car you drive" :lol:

4_wheel_bike_pedal_car.jpg

I see it even has a natty carrying area at the back - just big enough for a record box :yes:

If you tried travelling down from Royston in that though I reckon you'd be run off the road in no time.

Has BigO gone all religious? What's with the "Praise the Lord" stuff? :yes:

Guest Dr Pickles

Has BigO gone all religious? What's with the "Praise the Lord" stuff? :yes:

A God complex or an unnatural love of sandals?

Either way he will be bringing the best in soul music to the masses.

god.jpg

Doc

Oi! Leave it! I see Pickles has me summed up quite well, damm! No Steve, you may have noticed the post was first put on over Easter hence the overtones of religion, and to be honest I quite liked the sound of it! Does this mean I am to be crucified now as per normal???? :) As for the flip-flops Boots can i just point out that i have not, as yet, slipped those kicking little Nike numbers onto my size 9's yet, which as you will know is a first for me as the sun has been out for more than a few hours now!!! Oh and Pickles, loved the pic and will be using that in the future if I may, you swine XXX

Edited by TheBigO

anyway neil if you were really trendy you would be in crocs,im off to hemel to night so ill speak to chris for you :shades:

Boots, you know the term 'trendy' and I are very rarely, if at all, used in the same sentence tongue.gif Let Chris know I'll call him tomorrow and that the flyers for his spot in June are back from the printers this week babe, ta very much. Interest is building on this one again so another belting night out in the Garden City looks set. Taff, I need the artwork for the next Irish Club event also mate so have a word with Graham please and will call you tomorrow also. :ohmy:

Guest matt tees

Oooops! I made a mistake!!! the DJ times should read:

8-9pm: TheBigO

9-10pm: Taffy

10-11pm: Sean Chapman

11-12am: Dave Fleming

12-1am: Steve G

1-2am: Soul Sam

More info to follow when I am certain I wont get it all mixed up again :-(

It's not long now and I am getting excited, praise the sole!!!

Guest Andy Kempster

:thumbsup: Let the Hallelujah's ring out across this Isle of ours. It's time to get some Church people and once again re-affirm your belief in all things Soulful, come gather and pay homage to great Toons from across the genres and eras at North Herts Cathedral of Soul, the Spirella Ballroom in Letchworth, Herts on Friday 18th April from 8pm-2am.

count me in matey, might drag dave chase along on his crutches as well, he can make full use of the lift

Oooops! I made a mistake!!! the DJ times should read:

8-9pm: TheBigO

9-10pm: Taffy

10-11pm: Sean Chapman

11-12am: Dave Fleming

12-1am: Steve G

1-2am: Soul Sam

More info to follow when I am certain I wont get it all mixed up again :-(

Neil looking forward to it,been dusting a few 60s off the shelf as we speak,just got to get this

weekend "Soul Essence" out the way first,then roll on Friday :thumbsup:

Guest Marcus B

Neil looking forward to it,been dusting a few 60s off the shelf as we speak,just got to get this

weekend "Soul Essence" out the way first,then roll on Friday :thumbsup:

Sorry Neil,Dave and t'others but unfortunately we had to Move our Filthy Soul date to same friday 'cause of Soul Essence (as we're all going). Should be enuff punters to go around as we mainly get the London based crowd.

Marcus

No worries Marcus, joys of promoting means these things will happen from time to time but gutted you wont be there especially as looking set to be a night of fab toons from everyone. Have a great time at S.E and will catch up with you soon.

Have spoken with Lutons Pete Tebutt this morning and he has supplied us with the gear for next week so we can test out a new sound system, TOP MAN! Ticket sales begining to pick up boys and girls, same rule: dont delay to avoid disappointment

Edited by TheBigO

Dave and Steve, do you still have the flyers to give out this weekend? If not I can throw some at taff who will also be attending. Have a great time and speak to you next week.

Yes from me. Still a few left. Can you put a ticket behind the door for my guest too please....Ta VM

Steve

Yes from me. Still a few left. Can you put a ticket behind the door for my guest too please....Ta VM

Steve

Already done Steve! Spoke with the lovely Taff and he's picking up the rest of the flers and posters later from me. Looking forward to seeing all of you tacky herberts next Friday for what promises to be a great night tongue.gif

Guest Dr Pickles

Just thought I would post another picture of happy, dancing people at this amazing venue.

med_gallery_1774_234_418771.jpg

Can't stress enough what a fantastic floor this place has.

Top draw

Doc

Hi Neil

Just to let you now that me and Maz enjoyed C. S. P. I so much that we've been spreading the word and the C. S. P. II flyers up and down the country during our weekend searches for soul.

Best wishes and look forward to seeing you again on the 18th. and by the way the C D was great thanks.

Don't forget to save two tickets for me and Maz

All the best Melvyn and Maz (The Potton Massive)

Glad the Potton Massive had such a good time and many thanks for the support guys. CSP2 looking to be even better and a good mix of 60's/70's and Y2K Soulful grooves to ensure a packed floor. Will try and get another CD together for you b4 the next one and your tickets, under the correct name!!!!!!!!, are on the door with the girls. Keep spreading the word and many many thanks for the effort.

Ok, 5 days to go and time to start getting the ball rolling again :rolleyes: The venue was sold out last time so our advice is to get your tickets early to avoid disappointment, at this moment there are plenty left but that tends to change pretty quickly going by past events! If you want tickets email us at nh6tsmafia@aol.com or PM here and we will sort it out. Both Soul Sam and Steve G have a whole load of new toons they will be spinning they tell me and with Sean, Taff and Dave also gracing the decks a great night of Northern/Modern Soul etc is guarenteed. More as always, later

Much like your good self Winnie :) Are you going to grace the best dancefloor in the Garden City this Friday mate, haven't seen you in ages!!!!

==================

Almost certainly, have started going out again and the CSP is number one on the priority list for a visit :thumbsup:

Winnie :-)

did you not give away a whole lot of tickets to ..mates last time?

all the best tezza :D

=====================

Can never quite understand why you insist on putting spoilers into other people's threads Terry, particularly local ones. Spirella undoubtedly has a good line up of DJ's and by all accounts is a stunning venue. Will save any other comments till I've actually been or it could be construed I'm bigging it up without experiencing it........... worst thing in the world to big up or slag down somewhere till you've put in an appearance, people could thing there might be an ulterior motive.......... :thumbsup:

Anyway looking forward to visiting the Spirella maybe see you there if you're not going anywhere else over the weekend? :)

==================

Almost certainly, have started going out again and the CSP is number one on the priority list for a visit

:D Whahoo! Be great to see you again and, you will love to read this mate, the sprung wooden dancefloor requires NO TALC so you and I dont have to keep grumbling all night :) Shall see you on Friday I hope Winnie :thumbsup:

Guest Dr Pickles

==================

Almost certainly, have started going out again and the CSP is number one on the priority list for a visit :thumbsup:

Hi Winnie

Be great to see you out and about again.

Not the same without seeing you dance up by the stage :)

See you all Friday night.

Doc

Agree with Pickles Winnie, too bloody long!!!! Welcome home big guy, have you got the usual 4 lots of shirts already packed??? :thumbsup: Can Northernfreak who emailed me for the 6 tickets email me again as the email addy you used isn't accepting mail at the moment - DOH!

Agree with Pickles Winnie, too bloody long!!!! Welcome home big guy, have you got the usual 4 lots of shirts already packed??? :thumbsup:

=============

Went to St Ives this weekend and used four shirts, so might have to wash them to have them available for CSP. Alternatively could just go with the 'tangy shirt' scenario and give boots a big cuddle

Whiffy :-)

=============

Went to St Ives this weekend and used four shirts, so might have to wash them to have them available for CSP. Alternatively could just go with the 'tangy shirt' scenario and give boots a big cuddle

Whiffy :-)

:) How we've missed that sense of humour Whiffy - and those armpits :thumbsup: Can you also try and refrain from clapping on the offbeat on Friday because quite frankly you are puting off some of the older soulies who are trying to count at the same time as clap, you good looking rascal you :D

:) How we've missed that sense of humour Whiffy - and those armpits :thumbsup: Can you also try and refrain from clapping on the offbeat on Friday because quite frankly you are puting off some of the older soulies who are trying to count at the same time as clap, you good looking rascal you :g:

================

They're not counting to the beat, they're checking they still have a pulse. Have to say the last couple of weeks, being so out of practice at the end of the night could have done with some electric paddles......... clear

Still there is always the other alternative

step 1 Place thumb and forefinger on chin

step 2 rub occasionally whilst nodding knowingly

step 3 Remove glasses, place the arm of the frame in the corner of your mouth, this time incorportate respectfullness into the nod

step 4 Check fellow strokers for validation

step 5 relax.........follow process again next time it's applicable

Am only teasing, each to their own and the way they enjoy the music :D :D