Kell Osbourne

• Replies 28
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Two known copies both demos. Kell hasn't got one either. I played it down the phone to him when I tracked him down and it was first time he'd heard it in over 30 years and he just said "Wow" :lol: and then asked if I could get him a copy. He was gobsmacked people still listening to his music and collecting it.

Kell's been working with Arthur Wright and there is a cd out now of some newer material and should be one out soon of his 60's material.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Two known copies both demos. Kell hasn't got one either. I played it down the phone to him when I tracked him down and it was first time he'd heard it in over 30 years and he just said "Wow" :lol: and then asked if I could get him a copy. He was gobsmacked people still listening to his music and collecting it.

Kell's been working with Arthur Wright and there is a cd out now of some newer material and should be one out soon of his 60's material.

WHO GOT EM CHALKY?,

BRI.

Social source share

Butch and Tim B as far as I know the only two. Not saying there aren't anymore out there but never heard of any other copies. I'd post scans and soundfiles but not at home for few days.

ALWAYS THORT TED MASSEY HAD ONE ANORL, COS I GOT AN OLD TAPE THAT SAYS TED MASSEY ON IT AN HEARTBREAKERS ON THERE.

BRI.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

now we're talking a real holy grail - one of the finest niter records ever for me, i always ask browny to play it when when i see him before he djs - what a voice!!!! production's a bit dodgy imo, but that adds to the magic of what an "underground" record this is - pure northern soul

now this is one of those records i feel priveliged to be dancing to when someone plays it out, cos you won't hear this played off a vinylcarve at a local do like you do the mello souls and stuff like that

me and martin (rbman) have a story about this record, which he bangs-on about when he's a bit "tired and emotional" at the 100 club about five in the morning

anyway....get yourself a copy of you can't outsmart a woman as a second best - i bought one last summer for £25, but you might have a job geting one for that price now

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Old big hands Fortnum had a w/d and used to spin it the odd time.

If my memory is right £8,000 was it's value.

could be wrong mind.

greg

Youre wrong Greg I did Carl a good MP3 and he got a carver of it and a photocopy label. I had always promised it to him but TB offered so much money Carl was happy to have the carver.

Social source share

Guest Russ Smith

Youre wrong Greg I did Carl a good MP3 and he got a carver of it and a photocopy label. I had always promised it to him but TB offered so much money Carl was happy to have the carver.

It was a lovely Music house acetate actually and i am now guarding said item..

Mind its no use as it will never get played anywhere off the acetate, but a nice piece of history anyhow.

The real thing is out of all our leagues at that sort of bunce ... Ouch !!!!

Social source share

It was a lovely Music house acetate actually and i am now guarding said item..

Mind its no use as it will never get played anywhere off the acetate, but a nice piece of history anyhow.

The real thing is out of all our leagues at that sort of bunce ... Ouch !!!!

were they from Hackney

Social source share

Guest Russ Smith

were they from Hackney

Holloway road., not far from Hackney, Ted.... Actually a business set up by one of the guys from the reggae group Black Slate.

They are great guys and used to be able to source big hole, USA type acetates..

Keb, Carl and myself always used 'em.. Good laugh as you had to wait in line with Drum and Bass DJs and dancehall types.. Keb always took a good broadsheet newspaper to sit down and read while waiting,all old school and proper in front of these rudeboys in there, priceless !

Loads of re-edits and remixes of the Funk stuff was cut in there and £15 a side until a couple of years back when the USA discs ran out finally..

Edited by Russ Smith
Social source share

Holloway road., not far from Hackney, Ted.... Actually a business set up by one of the guys from the reggae group Black Slate.

They are great guys and used to be able to source big hole, USA type acetates..

Keb, Carl and myself always used 'em.. Good laugh as you had to wait in line with Drum and Bass DJs and dancehall types.. Keb always took a good broadsheet newspaper to sit down and read while waiting,all old school and proper in front of these rudeboys in there, priceless !

Loads of re-edits and remixes of the Funk stuff was cut in there and £15 a side until a couple of years back when the USA discs ran out finally..

There was one place i went to in Hackney an old Victorian house protected like Fort knocks cameras every where and steel grills on the windows. think their machine ended up in b,ham

Social source share

Guest Russ Smith

There was one place i went to in Hackney an old Victorian house protected like Fort knocks cameras every where and steel grills on the windows. think their machine ended up in b,ham

How long ago, Ted ? Could be JTS but they are still there i think..

Social source share

How long ago, Ted ? Could be JTS but they are still there i think..

That was Jah Tubby Sound in Broadway Market E.8, been gone a long, long time, I used to go there along with Pete Lawson to get stuff cut, he may well have sold to Brum, most of his customers were from there.

Music House at that time (mid to late 80's) was located in Finsbury Park, just upfrom the station, it moved to Holloway (handy for Keb) in the 90's.

Social source share

..........Good laugh as you had to wait in line with Drum and Bass DJs and dancehall types.. Keb always took a good broadsheet newspaper to sit down and read while waiting,all old school and proper in front of these rudeboys in there, priceless !

Only problem I found (if you'd like to call it a problem :lol: ) was while you sat waiting in line for an hour or so, that 'stuff' they smoked, plus the vapour from the acetates, made it so you had trouble getting back out the door. Could never remember the drive back home from that place.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!