Maxine Brown Live

Guest big A

Guest big A

People this event was out of this world.

Maxine "Brilliant"

Tommy " never bettered"

Backing group and singers " you are now part of us and we will have you back"

Those who attended "take a bow"

DJ's "we were quite awesome" The Bravettes on the door "Pity you are both married"

Brav "Thank you"

It was an event and we loved it

Yippeeeeee

The Big A :lol:

• Replies 33
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Got to agree with Big Andy the whole event was superb, Maxine Brown was awesome, Tommy Hunt as ever a top bloke & performer & the backing band were excellent.

The venue was simply fantastic, can't believe no one has ever held an event there before.

Well done to Brav & his team for putting on a brilliant night, can't wait for the next one in May.

If you didn't go last night get yourself a ticket for the next one, its just too good to miss.

Cheers

Amo

Terrific night!!!

SET OF ROAMING THE GLOAMING AS "TRAFFIC" ONCE SAID

Crewe Manchester university campus

"OUT ON THE FLOOR"

Presents

Maxine Brown and Soul Session "Live"

ended up on a Saturday night booked in to a travel lodge for the night as was not going home until the very end.

ps dont book Breakfast to go at a TL shite is a better word for it.

So after a restless 3 hours Arrived at Venue at aprox 1945 and set up to try and sell a few,alongside a very welcoming couple who where selling Mugs with varying records amd labels printed on them,

Bought 4 to give away in Septembers Charity raffle at Sweetsoul

The welcome was second to none a very favourable and freindly crowd a Host who was most congenial with a smile and a greeting to every one who attended,and they attended in their droves,all age groups witha cracking young DJ being championed by Kieth Minshull named Ben who along with all the others played a set of probably 95 percent classics not many doubled and 5 percent Modern with Duffy thrown in for audience participation.(request).

Eddy edmondsen was on before the star of the night,

and with a Backing band called "Soul Session" brilliant in there quality and feel for the music being supplied and Backing singers a la Cleethorpes, in Jane and Vickie who have now backed Maxime Brown for the last 3 visits.we where in to the stage show to surpass all I had heard Maxine sing and perform previously,

from Start to finish and including 2 encores both with Tommy Hunt all the great songs she was known for, plus one new song entitled"Keep on Keeping on"One in A Million"a brill bluesy version of "Let the good times roll"with Tommy to finish on an amazing high,signing autographs for an hour after the show,

The lady was amazing and I am still and always will be in awe and in love with the Legendary Maxine Brown.

Finally to finish the people along with the promoter Brav where so welcoming i had to mention it for a second time,some beautiful people a brilliant venue,

May 24th they have Tommy back on with his cousin the brilliant Winfield Parker,and i believe about 1800 pounds after costs last night was passed to cancer focused Charities.

my thanks to all who made Linda and I feel so welcome.

maxincrewe031.jpg

maxincrewe060.jpg

maxincrewe044.jpg

maxincrewe043.jpg

Ben on the right up and coming young DJ

maxincrewe057.jpg

maxincrewe042.jpg

maxincrewe029.jpg

A few pics to remind us

Edited by Makemvinyl

Thanks guy's for your comments above.

Well my virginity is lost on my 1st ever soul night. :lol:

I spent most of the night on the door meeting and greeting people from all over the country, and have to say it was a pleasure to meet you all, I finally ventured into the main room at 23:00 to see lots of happy smiling faces and a packed dance floor. You lot really looked like you were enjoying yourselves.

At about 23:05 the amazing Soul Session Band started up and Maxine walked onto the stage with a fantastic reception from the crowd. The band are one of the best i have heard in a long time and from now on will be our resident house band. Maxine was absolutely stunning throughout her 12 song stage set, i just stood there gobsmacked for an hour. At the end of her set, Tommy Hunt joined her for a duo with "IT TAKES TWO" and boy did they work the crowd. Just utterly fantastic.

I would like to thank all Dj's for there efforts of keeping the dance floor full.

Its back down to earth for me with a big bang ,but cant wait for the next one in May.

Edited by Brav

Absolutely a Fantastic night! :wicked:

Thankyou Brav & the Bravettes.

The venue had a great dance floor, I made use of that!

Maxine, Tommy and the backing group was outstanding, it was great to hear the old stompers from years ago thanks to all the DJ's, BEN, AUSTIN, BIG ANDY, KEITH and EDDIE, must agree with Amo make sure you get a ticket for the May event.

Kev will put some pics on later, as usual he his hung over :shhh: and my feet are throbbing huh.gif the usual effects of a great night out!

Gloria x :lol:

Guest big A

Brav

Got to say some A1 comments coming on this board, and what makes me giggle is the number of locals (our age group) who have said to me tonight in town "we did not know it was on but have heard it was fantastic".

Well again inthe the words of Max Boyce "I know cos I was there".

You know you can count on our support

Book the next lot "Yipeeee"

Big A :thumbsup:

Brav

Got to say some A1 comments coming on this board, and what makes me giggle is the number of locals (our age group) who have said to me tonight in town "we did not know it was on but have heard it was fantastic".

Well again inthe the words of Max Boyce "I know cos I was there".

You know you can count on our support

Book the next lot "Yipeeee"

Big A :D

Hi Andy

You cant win with some of the locals as i put out enough Flyers to wallpaper the town hall 3 times over,

and half of the Amazon Forest was cut down. :thumbsup:

Its there loss at the end of the day as those who bought tickets for Maxine, get first chance to buy tickets for Winfield Parker & Tommy Hunt, so they might lose out again.

Anyway i'm still on a high cause just had dinner again tonight with the wonderful Maxine Brown. She sends out all her love to everyone. Maxine has been looking at this thread and is humbled by the nice comment we have all written.

Hi Brav,

What can i say that's not already beed said, a night that i will never forget, you must be very proud of your first promotion, i know how much hard work it is from past experience.

Roll on May all the crowd from Northamptonshire will be there and more, at a 50th Scooter birthday bash last night and there is a lot of interest in this one and the word was around of the fantastic night we all had on Saturday.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Hi Brav,

What can i say that's not already beed said, a night that i will never forget, you must be very proud of your first promotion, i know how much hard work it is from past experience.

Roll on May all the crowd from Northamptonshire will be there and more, at a 50th Scooter birthday bash last night and there is a lot of interest in this one and the word was around of the fantastic night we all had on Saturday.

Keep up the good work. :D

Thanks Kev & Gloria

Hope to see you all again at the next one in May.

Your crowd from Northants are always welcome and good company too.

Thanks also to all the emails i've received and offers of plugging my event by a few Radio presenters.

Just like to agree with all the posts, a top night and congrats to the promoter(s). Also we were lucky enough to stay in the same hotel as maxine so we enjoyed a late drink in the bar with maxine/tommy and some of the backing singers, unforgettable.

Guest big A

Well Brav,

Every cloud as a silver lining, some of these posts are really positive and it bolds well for Winfield Parker in May. Having already seen this bloke live in Feb at Skegness (Butlins) I along with many other can vouch that he is an extremely professional artist, with an incredible range of tunes. Your guest DJ is also a top act. Be prepared for a full house and this time you are not competing with easter or the Jazz festival.

Bring it on

The Big A :yes:

Just like to agree with all the posts, a top night and congrats to the promoter(s). Also we were lucky enough to stay in the same hotel as maxine so we enjoyed a late drink in the bar with maxine/tommy and some of the backing singers, unforgettable.

Thanks for making the long journey down from Yorkshire.

Have to say its people like yourselves that also make it a good night.

Hope to see you again at our venue.

Brav

Guest terry h

yes brav,superb night graet music.last dance of the night was a la old lang syne,big circle everyone dancing and clapping together. thanks for the memory.

yes brav,superb night graet music.last dance of the night was a la old lang syne,big circle everyone dancing and clapping together. thanks for the memory.

Hi Terry

Thanks for the comments mate and hope to see you at the next one in May

It was a night i will never foirget.

Guest kev such

Hi Terry

Looks like you had an amazing night Brav. Knew you would, especially after all the planning that went into it.

See you at Gloria and Kevs, Bring on the beer and the dancing girls.

Kev and Karen

Looks like you had an amazing night Brav. Knew you would, especially after all the planning that went into it.

See you at Gloria and Kevs, Bring on the beer and the dancing girls.

Kev and Karen

Edited by Brav
Guest terry h

Hi Terry

sorry brav can,t make it to may do,i only get back from hols a day later but will be there for future ones.