Blue Skies, 11th April, London - Guests - Andy Faulkner & Birthday Boy - Lenny (bigsoulman)

We are pleased to announce, we are back at the Horseshoe. :lol:

DimWit Promotions are pleased to present at the Horseshoe Inn, 26 Melior Street London SE1 3QP a Blue Skies "That Friday Feeling" soul gathering on Friday 11th April.

Entrance is free and the music starts at 6pm till we get kicked out (ususally about 1.30 ish) :wicked::shhh:beer.gif .

The pub does good grub so no need to go home just come down straight from work :lol:

GUEST DJ - Andy Faulkner & Lenny (BIGSOULMAN)

with:-

Chrissie, Toby and Martin Ainscough (Rbman)

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
  • Replies 92
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The good news is that the carpet has been removed and a wooden dancefloor laid......

Glad to have you back Toby. Not sure if Mr Guarnori is available that night so may have to sort out an extra special guest DJ.......

My son needs to be in Coventry by 10.30 the next day so I'll be the bloke on pop all night and driving home.

M

Guest Pete Bennett

The good news is that the carpet has been removed and a wooden dancefloor laid......

Glad to have you back Toby. Not sure if Mr Guarnori is available that night so may have to sort out an extra special guest DJ.......

My son needs to be in Coventry by 10.30 the next day so I'll be the bloke on pop all night and driving home.

M

Actually it isn't only the carpet that has gone the whole pub has been done up. Although it remains broadly the same it has been repainted throughout and is looking pretty good.

Pete

Actually it isn't only the carpet that has gone the whole pub has been done up. Although it remains broadly the same it has been repainted throughout and is looking pretty good.

Pete

Pete

Thats it you swan off half way accross the world and leave the hard work to Dim and I :lol:

.........I know if I was out in Indonesia I wouldn't be cheking out Soul Source in my spare time :)

Martin is being very cagey about the guest DJs I think he's up to something special :D ........oh well when the cat's away, the mice and all that :thumbsup:

QoFxx

.........I know if I was out in Indonesia I wouldn't be cheking out Soul Source in my spare time laugh.gif

QoFxx

Same as mate id say f*** it and be out and about (man talk my dear) laugh.gif

Loads of nice Motown bits issued in Indonesia they tell me..

.........I know if I was out in Indonesia I wouldn't be cheking out Soul Source in my spare time :D

QoFxx

Same as mate id say f*** it and be out and about (man talk my dear) :thumbsup:

Indonesia must be realing boring I've just spotted him lurking again :( He should be out seaching for some of the Indonesian Motown to bring back. :D

Looking forward to see the refurb at the Horseshoe, it will be good to have a dance floor again for Blue Skies, dancing on carpet makes my legs ache :(

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Guest Pete Bennett

.........I know if I was out in Indonesia I wouldn't be cheking out Soul Source in my spare time :D

QoFxx

Same as mate id say f*** it and be out and about (man talk my dear) :D

OOh now that sounds interesting unlike most of the bars which are as rough as f... and most of them don't sell alcohol this being a the biggest muslim country in the world and all. I will see what I can find in termas of record places on Wednesday as I have a shorter working day then.

I wish I wasn't here having to put up with all this warm weather. It must be great back in the UK :thumbsup:

You know I love you all

xx

Hooray, back where it belongs. See you on the 11th!

great news.. lovely place to wind down from after a week a work..

looking forward to this..

JD

Great to hear you will both be joining us. Am really looking forward to this, it seems ages since the last one and I'm ready for a night out in the big City, have been staying in too much recently and need to party :thumbsup:

QoFxx

Guest Bearsy

I am pleased to confirm that our guest DJ will be Andy Faulkner.

great choice indeed, Andy is a top bloke too thumbsup.gif

Im gutted though :P one will be in Tenerife having to put up with all that heat and screaming kids whilst drinking myself silly on a free bar for 10 days :P someone has to do it but i wish you all well and have a great night as usual

take care and drink beer and see you all soon

Bearsy

Just had confirmation of our stand in for Steve Guarnori...all the way from Scotland ....more too follow...

No one can replace Steve cos he is Steve but I am sure you have found a worthy stand in............does he/she know what they have to live up to ohmy.gif

Kenny Burrell? :P

Well maybe just one person then :P

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Guest Bernadette

shhh.gif:ohmy::unsure:

Come on Dim, I'm poo at keeping secrets...................... :cheese1:

QoFxx

and could you have a longer title for the thread? it made me :lol:

and could you have a longer title for the thread? it made me :unsure:

If Dim doesn't give soon I will continue to make it longer and longer till I run out of space ohmy.gif You know me, why use 2 words when I can use 200 :lol:

I have a great feeling about this one but sworn to secrecy :ohmy:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Guest Bernadette

If Dim doesn't give soon I will continue to make it longer and longer till I run out of space :ohmy: You know me, why use 2 words when I can use 200 :lol:

I have a great feeling about this one but sworn to secrecy :unsure:

QoFxx

he obviously needs a slap ph34r.gif

Guest Bearsy

bad news :lol: and good news :unsure:

bad news, I cant make this night and im totally gutted as its one of my favourite nights with bloody good friends and music :cheese1:

good news, I will be in Tenerife for 10 days sunning it up :ohmy:

Have a goodun and hopefully see you all very soon thumbsup.gif

Bearsy

I have a great feeling about this one but sworn to secrecy shhh.gif

QoFxx

.................but I will say as much as there is going to be a birthday involved................anymore information please pm me for my paypal account details and a suitable donation to the essential Mamsey Pamsey Vinyl fund will be greatfully received in exchange for insider information :ohmy:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

bad news :( and good news :D

bad news, I cant make this night and im totally gutted as its one of my favourite nights with bloody good friends and music :(

good news, I will be in Tenerife for 10 days sunning it up :thumbup:

Have a goodun and hopefully see you all very soon :thumbsup:

Bearsy

You will be missed my dear Mr Bear. :(

Any room in the suitcase for the QMP cos I am a little concerned about playing my load of Mamasey Pamsey shite in such company as this and I could do with an excuse to do a runner........................well it will give them a giggle if nothing else :lol:

See ya soon

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

shhh :Pshhh.gif , you'll get me in trouble.

Looking forward to hearing some of the new purchases you've just been tellling me about :lol:

QoFxx

Well you will just have to wait ,wont you untill the event on the 11th April.......btw i shall NOT be playing any mamsy pamsy poop.........mines storming 60s stuff all the way my dear,it'll blow ya ears off...

.......btw i shall NOT be playing any mamsy pamsy poop.........mines storming 60s stuff all the way my dear,it'll blow ya ears off...

Glad to hear it, playing Mamsey Pamsey (and getting away with it :P ) is a special art form and should be left to the experts. You stick to what you do best............playing storming sixties :lol:

QoFxx

Shucks!!!, my birthday and my debut in the big smoke :lamsey::lol: , all that cake...beer...soul music :) , at 56 on the day will me old ticker be able to take it :rolleyes:

seriously tho....soooo looking forward to this so will have to learn how to S P E A K S L O W L Y... :lol:

Lenny wink.gif

Really looking forward to seeing you and Jan again, think the last time it was a Sunday Snug...........well no need to worry about big smoke debut at Blue Skies.....its sort of like Sunday SNug but in some ways in reverse.

Its the night before 100 club instead of the day after.

No Bingo

but then

Loads of great music .............well thats the same (apart from my Mamsey Pamsey shite)

Great relaxed atmosphere.......and that's the same

Loads of beer and great people so no change there then :thumbsup:

............and Liz makes great birthday cakes, infact at Martin's birthday in January there were 3 cakes :ohmy:

I am very tempted to play a certain motown record we discussed on soul source about 6 months ago especially for your birthday....that's if you are unfortunate to get there early enough for my set :lol:

QMPxx

post-2137-1207080464_thumb.jpg

Guest Pete Bennett

........but be warned, it can get messy

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Blue-Sk...-album1674.html

QoF :lamsey:

Just got back. Completely effed. :rolleyes:

Excellent mails Chrissie. We have decided Liz is up for baking the cake. I would of course bake it myself except for three important considerations. First I wouldn't have a clue what goes in one, second I don't know how to mix the stuff and lastly I haven't got a clue where the kitchen is. :thumbsup: .

Not long now.

Will find out tomorrow if we are going with four lots of speakers.

Woo hoo!

Just got back. Completely effed. :lamsey:

Excellent mails Chrissie. We have decided Liz is up for baking the cake. I would of course bake it myself except for three important considerations. First I wouldn't have a clue what goes in one, second I don't know how to mix the stuff and lastly I haven't got a clue where the kitchen is. :thumbsup: .

Not long now.

Will find out tomorrow if we are going with four lots of speakers.

Woo hoo!

Well at least as Dim is going home this time I get the spare bed instead of the sofa, he is definately not a gentleman :rolleyes: ....but you have to love him cos he's ours :lol:

Glad to see you are home safe and sound.

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

Looks like its gonna be quite an evening then looking at these photos Chrissie, but I would'nt expect anything less in London especially where Martin's involved :lol: , I may just mosey up the east end on the Saturday singing food glorious food right out of Oliver :lol: , if you see me hiding in the corner at the 100 club its probably cos my trousers don't fit me anymore :lol::lol:

see you soon,

Lenny

Guest Pete Bennett

for future ref

QoFxx

Oh so that's where Dim keeps disappearing to. Is that where he also sends me to wash up and get beers from? :lol:

P

Looks like its gonna be quite an evening then looking at these photos Chrissie, but I would'nt expect anything less in London especially where Martin's involved :sleep3: , I may just mosey up the east end on the Saturday singing food glorious food right out of Oliver :yes: , if you see me hiding in the corner at the 100 club its probably cos my trousers don't fit me anymore :g::thumbsup:

see you soon,

Lenny

Can't imagine you hiding anywhere :P

and get beers from? :shades:

P

:lol:yes.gif:wicked: Just make sure it's stocked up. Thank Liz for her offer to do the team baking and let her know that she is officially DimWit Promotions official baker.............. :boxing:

QoFxx

Guest Pete Bennett

We will miss you Dave :yes:

Why will we miss him? He will be missed by the Horseshoe as he is a regular for the fish and chips. In fact I distincly remember him saying "Pete can you keep Chrissie on for an extra 10 mins because I'm not taking over 'til I finish this meal' :yes: .

Seriously Dave yes we will miss you. The pub is now looking better than ever and as you know it now has nice wooden floor to go with the real ales.

Martin, I promise i will remeber to take the flyers to Boogaloo tomorrow.

Can't beleive I've got to miss this night again due to other commitments!

Always a very nice start to the weekend.

Have a good one guys,

Dave

Sorry you wont be there but will see you when WOH meets DimWit................is Walthamstow ready for this :yes:

Why will we miss him? He will be missed by the Horseshoe as he is a regular for the fish and chips. In fact I distincly remember him saying "Pete can you keep Chrissie on for an extra 10 mins because I'm not taking over 'til I finish this meal' :huh: .

Seriously Dave yes we will miss you. The pub is now looking better than ever and as you know it now has nice wooden floor to go with the real ales.

Martin, I promise i will remeber to take the flyers to Boogaloo tomorrow.

OI!!!!! Pete, don't forget the flyers :ohmy:

Would these be the fish & chips you are referring to, still can't work out how I took the photo if I was behind the decks :lol: (and it was behind and not to the side cos we hadn't turned them round at that one.before some smart a*se trys to pick me up on it :yes: )

QoFxx

post-2137-1207324450_thumb.jpg

Looks like its gonna be quite an evening then looking at these photos Chrissie, but I would'nt expect anything less in London especially where Martin's involved :lol: , I may just mosey up the east end on the Saturday singing food glorious food right out of Oliver :wub: , if you see me hiding in the corner at the 100 club its probably cos my trousers don't fit me anymore :D:thumbup:

see you soon,

Lenny

What time are you and Jan getting to the big scary city?

QoFxx

Guest Bernadette

Would these be the fish & chips you are referring to, still can't work out how I took the photo if I was behind the decks :lol: (and it was behind and not to the side cos we hadn't turned them round at that one.before some smart a*se trys to pick me up on it :ohmy: )

QoFxx

think i nicked some of those chips if i remember rightly...delicious :lol: