United Sound Of Soul 22nd March 2008

I did think about writing this when we got in at 6am but thort a few hours sleep first might be better... :shhh:

Four of us set off from Rugby at 3pm, stopping off at Dudley and Bilston on the way to pick up another four.

We got to Holmes Chapel early enough to have a meal before the evening started. Not a concept I've ever tried before but with such good company, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience...

Some people would think it strange travelling 100 miles plus for a soul night but so much just sounded right about the night...

the line up, the people who run it and the people we knew who were gunna be there...and we were not disappointed.

So many times during the evening I found myself half way through a conversation and interrupting with "I like this record"

I was gutted I couldn't dance as much as I would have liked but I left the shoes I normally wear at the venue I'd attended the night before.

For those who needed a second room (Mace)...I think I'd better stop there... :wicked:

Thanks Kev and Sharon, I loved every minute... :lol:

Edited by Rugby Soul Club
  • Replies 52
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I did think about writing this when we got in at 6am but thort a few hours sleep first might be better... :shhh:

Four of us set off from Rugby at 3pm, stopping off at Dudley and Bilston on the way to pick up another four.

We got to Holmes Chapel early enough to have a meal before the evening started. Not a concept I've ever tried before but with such good company, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience...

Some people would think it strange travelling 100 miles plus for a soul night but so much just sounded right about the night...

the line up, the people who run it and the people we knew who were gunna be there...and we were not disappointed.

So many times during the evening I found myself half way through a conversation and interupting with "I like this record"

I was gutted I couldn't dance as much as I would have liked but I left my shoes at the venue I'd attended the night before.

For those who needed a second room (Mace)...I think I'd better stop there... :wicked:

Thanks Kev and Sharon, I loved every minute... :lol:

Couldn't agree more, I said yesterday that looking at the d.j line up, that this was the place to be this weekend, and I was right. Great music all night, a free C.d , a good turn out, lot's of familiar faces .......great night !, glad we went.

When's the next one ?

Top tackle Kev, Shazza et al :thumbsup: Thoroughly enjoyable night as it always is here; great music by and large and good friends around, can't ask for much more than that.

Nice to see Mr Cunliffe venturing onto the dancefloor, albeit under the influence of 19 'Buds' and particularly enjoyed Mrs Willingham's snakeskin ensemble (sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss).

My evening was slightly spoiled though by the copper who, in the true spirit of public service, forgiveness and all round good-blokeness, decided to give me 3 points and fine me £60 for using my mobile whilst driving through / getting lost in Leigh. My friend, in the unlikely event that you're reading this - that being unlikely on the grounds that you appeared to me to be highly unlikely to be able to read - I hope you die a long and painful death in a freak yachting accident or similar; do let me know if I can contribute in any way as I'll gladly put myself out for you - albeit just that once wink.gif YOU C*CK!!!!!!! (There, that does feel better)

Roll on the next one!

Phil

For those who needed a second room (Mace)...I think I'd better stop there... wicked.gif

I thought the Meatloaf tribute act in the adjoining room were spot on....nearly as good as all the R&B that was filling the dancefloor in the main room wink.gif:D:thumbsup:

Great night, venue, music and company....I got far too bladdered and fell asleep for a few secs whilst listening to a 45 on me player (it was the beer, not the record that sent me snoring :D ).....hope no-one got a photo of me cus when I opened my eyes there were some very suspicous grins on the surrounding folk :huh::D

I would say that it was worth 10 times the entrance fee....but as I won a Willie 'Spittle' Wonkas golden ticket from a recent raffle it cost me nowt.... :D

Edited by Mace

We'd just like to say a big thankyou to all dj's and to all who attended last nite. You all made it a fantastic nite musically and socially. Starting off with Kit and all the way through to Phil the music was fantantic and was well received by the crowd and also proved on the dance floor.

Hope to see you all again in May, Kev and Martyn are just in the process of sorting the dj's out for another great nite, will post up details soon.

Sharon

I thought the Meatloaf tribute act in the adjoining room were spot on....nearly as good as all the R&B that was filling the dancefloor in the main room :Dbiggrin.gif:thumbsup:

Great night, venue, music and company....I got far too bladdered and fell asleep for a few secs whilst listening to a 45 on me player (it was the beer, not the record that sent me snoring :huh: ).....hope no-one got a photo of me cus when I opened my eyes there were some very suspicous grins on the surrounding folk unsure.gif:D

I would say that it was worth 10 times the entrance fee....but as I won a Willie 'Spittle' Wonkas golden ticket from a recent raffle it cost me nowt.... :D

Thanks Mace we aim to please but noticed you were missing most of the night think you may have been watching Meatloaf.

We'd just like to say a big thankyou to all dj's and to all who attended last nite. You all made it a fantastic nite musically and socially. Starting off with Kit and all the way through to Phil the music was fantantic and was well received by the crowd and also proved on the dance floor.

Hope to see you all again in May, Kev and Martyn are just in the process of sorting the dj's out for another great nite, will post up details soon.

Sharon

Thanks Sharon and Kev and all involved for a top night. Top People, top music :thumbsup: Enjoyed Kits set at the start - great stuff and all the others did what they always do - delivered choon after choon. My legs ache like hell today, but, Off to get ready for Crossfire for part III. May suffer tomorrow! yes.gif Definately will visit again.

Denise

xxx

Guest hudsoul

first time down ,,,,willl be back thumbup.gif ,,,excellent music :thumbsup: PROFS,,,KAE WILLIAMS,,,,PARLIMENTS,,,,LOUIS PAUL etc etc,,,,

good to see martyn and davy miller down from north of the border,,,,

interesting trip down,,,with philT being oppressed by our fascist overlords,,,as mentioned above,,, :huh:

An excellent nite!

Thought That Kit the celt fella started the nite off superbly with sum fantastic tunage! Just kept em" ROLLIN ROLLIN "

Heard a few obscure tunes from all djs a few new to me.All quality! Which i had to go find out what they wer. "Just love it when that happens"! ! ! !

Well Done to all involved!

Been a few times now,but that was the best imo, just going from strength to strength

Mike ! :thumbsup:

where do we start, as I keep saying the music here is of an outstanding caliber, and last nite proved it, what an adventure we had, glad that we got there to hear Kit and Dave miller, fantastic wonderful stuff lads, and they got people up dancing early, which in my book, is bloody good stuff at a rare soul venue, so having already primed everybody up, and whetted their appetites, what followed is truly amazing in my book, I dont profess to know every great tune sorry Denise(toon) . but god, I know when I hear quality records, so frustrated not to get on that dance floor, but I did shake my groove in my own way,Ted ,s spot was fantabywonderfullybrilliantly awesome! and I dont mean to say that nobody's elses was, because , all the DJ,s delivered last nite, felt bad that we had to leave to-wards the end of Phil shields spot, because you are asking your self, hey, hang on, I, m going home, when Phil,s just plonkin one fabulous record on the decks after another, how does he do it, and we are leaving , but we had to go, so tired, still am, I think Kev Martyn and Sharon should hold their heads up high to-day, and congratulate them selfs on a truly wonder nite of quality and rare soul, keep on doin what you are doin, because its working :thumbsup:

Yes... a fab time was had by all!

Arrived at the do extremely well fed... thanks to the culinary genius that is Kev Spittle.

We arrived at the club around 8.15pm and was well chuffed to see there were loads of peeps already in.

Kitten was first up... played some great stuff too... I'm sure I know that Rollin record from somewhere... :lol:

Next up was Dave Miller. Not heard Dave play before... he had said he was feeling a little nervous... although you wouldn't have thought it by the amount of Kev's lasagne he put away :D

Only joking Dave... you played a cracking set which was rewarded with plenty of peeps on the dance floor... GREAT STUFF.

Then came the gorgeous Andy Dennison... have known Andy since the late 80s... top guy with incredible taste in records... so I already knew he would do a great job.

Kelly and the Souls Explosions and Bernard Smith sounded fantastic... but to hear Sandra Stephens was something else... took me right back to the days of Shotts... love it when that happens!

Ted Massey followed Andy with a mouth watering hour of sounds that had the dance floor rammed... big round of applause at the end of his spot too... and rightly so.

The place was absolutely buzzing... and the cheeky bundle of mischief and mayhem that is Mick H kept the momentum going with bells on!

The Appointments... Parliaments... Locations... you name it... he played it... although the stand out tune for me was Cindy Gibson... how good did that sound?

Last but no means least.... Phil Shields... what a trooper!

First half hour saw Phil and Mr. Dennison take a deck each... their choice of tunes complementing each other so perfectly you could hardly see the seams.

Phil continued on to do the last hour by himself... and did an outstanding job. Mark my words... you will be hearing a lot more from this fella in the future.

So to sum up Saturday night... great people... top tunes... loads of laughing and plenty of dancing... Kylee and Ganche :thumbsup:

Phil... what you moaning about... you've paid a lot more than £60 for criminal records in the past :)

ACE NIGHT...TOP TUNES .TOP FOLKS....FROM KIT......THROUGH TO MR SHIELDS... INC THE FANTABULOUS ANDY D & THE MAESTRO MICK H .......TED MASSEY WAS ON FIRE ...LUV A BIT OF RIDDIM N BLUES ME !!!!!!! TOP BUNCH OF REVELLERS ON & OFF THE FLOOR (AFTER THREE NIGHTS IN A ROW THE OWD PINS ARE ACHING A WEE BIT AND I WAS GONNA TAKE IT EASY AT THIS UN BUT TUNE AFTER TUNE HAD ME BACK ON THE FLOOR !!!!!!!!! HATS OFF CHAPS) ....REALLY PI**ED THAT I MISSED THE MEATLOAF TRIBUTE ( I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR LUV BUT I WONT DO THAT ...DO WHAT ? ) CYA'LL SOON !!!!!!!!!!!!

CPTN M :thumbsup:

Hi Kev

enjoyed first vist some exeptional tunes played, first time i have heard ted massey enjoyed his spot the guy on before was excellent, only caught ten minutes of Mick H as had to be off early. will certainly attend again.

well done kev

mark

Bloody marvelous people, bloody stupendous music and a bloody brill night - I think that about covers it for me. No it doesn't I'm afraid and off I go...

After a drive down with the main man, Andy D we arrived at Kev's to a warm welcome - as is usual at the Spittle's - we were soon joined by the lovely Joan and Tony and a nice spread of food to help ourselves to (second helpings for me to calm the nerves!!). into the venue and everything set up and Kit on first playing some top quality tunes, very impressive and would like to hear more of what this dude has in his box. The venue was filling up nicely by the time I went on and I was well pleased with the response to my chosen tunes, especially so early on and I have to say that I felt that Kit and myself started the night off well and set it up nicely for the big guns, all of whom played brilliant sets, I don't like to single out DJ's for special praise especially as each of them played blinders but I will have to change my ways just for one time and say the the Legend, that is Ted Massey, was just fantastic and he was more nervous than I was!! Seen some ald Mates from my Lea Manor days as well as my very good friend Wayne Hudson whom I haven't seen for so long. The whole night was impressive but perhaps the most impressive was that this was the most I had seen people dancing at this venue and that's down to the wonderful DJ selection. Huge thanks to Shaz and Kev for their tremendous hospitality, also to Joan and Tony for the wonderful company and to all involved with this venue.

See you all next one

David

playlists anyone??? thumbsup.gif

Yes... a fab time was had by all!

Arrived at the do extremely well fed... thanks to the culinary genius that is Kev Spittle.

We arrived at the club around 8.15pm and was well chuffed to see there were loads of peeps already in.

Kitten was first up... played some great stuff too... I'm sure I know that Rollin record from somewhere... :yes:

Next up was Dave Miller. Not heard Dave play before... he had said he was feeling a little nervous... although you wouldn't have thought it by the amount of Kev's lasagne he put away tongue.gif

Only joking Dave... you played a cracking set which was rewarded with plenty of peeps on the dance floor... GREAT STUFF.

Then came the gorgeous Andy Dennison... have known Andy since the late 80s... top guy with incredible taste in records... so I already knew he would do a great job.

Kelly and the Souls Explosions and Bernard Smith sounded fantastic... but to hear Sandra Stephens was something else... took me right back to the days of Shotts... love it when that happens!

Ted Massey followed Andy with a mouth watering hour of sounds that had the dance floor rammed... big round of applause at the end of his spot too... and rightly so.

The place was absolutely buzzing... and the cheeky bundle of mischief and mayhem that is Mick H kept the momentum going with bells on!

The Appointments... Parliaments... Locations... you name it... he played it... although the stand out tune for me was Cindy Gibson... how good did that sound?

Last but no means least.... Phil Shields... what a trooper!

First half hour saw Phil and Mr. Dennison take a deck each... their choice of tunes complementing each other so perfectly you could hardly see the seams.

Phil continued on to do the last hour by himself... and did an outstanding job. Mark my words... you will be hearing a lot more from this fella in the future.

So to sum up Saturday night... great people... top tunes... loads of laughing and plenty of dancing... Kylee and Ganche wave.gif

Phil... what you moaning about... you've paid a lot more than £60 for criminal records in the past :shhh:

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif what's worse is I've still got most of em x

Bloody marvelous people, bloody stupendous music and a bloody brill night - I think that about covers it for me. No it doesn't I'm afraid and off I go...

After a drive down with the main man, Andy D we arrived at Kev's to a warm welcome - as is usual at the Spittle's - we were soon joined by the lovely Joan and Tony and a nice spread of food to help ourselves to (second helpings for me to calm the nerves!!). into the venue and everything set up and Kit on first playing some top quality tunes, very impressive and would like to hear more of what this dude has in his box. The venue was filling up nicely by the time I went on and I was well pleased with the response to my chosen tunes, especially so early on and I have to say that I felt that Kit and myself started the night off well and set it up nicely for the big guns, all of whom played brilliant sets, I don't like to single out DJ's for special praise especially as each of them played blinders but I will have to change my ways just for one time and say the the Legend, that is Ted Massey, was just fantastic and he was more nervous than I was!! Seen some ald Mates from my Lea Manor days as well as my very good friend Wayne Hudson whom I haven't seen for so long. The whole night was impressive but perhaps the most impressive was that this was the most I had seen people dancing at this venue and that's down to the wonderful DJ selection. Huge thanks to Shaz and Kev for their tremendous hospitality, also to Joan and Tony for the wonderful company and to all involved with this venue.

See you all next one

David

playlists anyone??? :D

if i had known you were going i could have brought your record saved me the postage

mark

HERE'S WHAT I REMEMBER PLAYING :thumbsup:

GEORGE JACKSON - I FOUND WHAT I WANTED (VERVE)

DEON JACKSON - THAT'S WHAT YOU DO TO ME (CARLA)

PAT LUNDY - THE THRILL IS GONE (COLUMBIA)

ANN SEXTON - YOU'VE BEEN GONE TOO LONG (SEVENTY SEVEN)

ANITA HUMES - WHAT DID I DO (ROULETTE)

PUZZLES - MY SWEET BABY (FAT BACK)

SHIRLEY KAROL - JUST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY (DAKAR)

ADORABLES - OOH BOY (GOLDEN WORLD)

SATISFACTIONS - TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT (SMASH)

LEE GREENWOOD - THINK IT OVER (DOT)

EMANUEL LASKEY - DON'T LEAD ME ON BABY (THELMA)

ROYAL FIVE - SAY IT TO MY FACE (TYLER)

LENA & DELTANETTES - TURN AROUND BABY (UPTOWN)

STICKS AND FINGERS - BABY DOLL (FLASH)

BABY TAKE IT EASY - C/U

HEY LITTLE WOMAN C/U

DOROTHY WILLIAMS - THE WELL'S GONE DRY (BANDSTAND)

David

:D:D

Guest Mrs Simsy

Well this was the 2nd leg of the soul tour for me after having gone to The Wilton the night before, i must confess that as the time got nearer for me to leave the house i was wondering whether i should go or not...i'm SO glad that i did!

Had a entertaining journey up with Sian, Dean, Denise, Lou & Woody & Dave & Margie. Went for something to eat in a little country style pub which was v nice (big thanks to Sian for sewing the buttons back onto my coat! :( )

Got to the venue nice & early & despite saying that was too tired to dance, i barely left the dancefloor thanks to the outstanding music that was being played. Ted Massey-you nearly killed me! Thought all the DJs played blinding sets & was nice to see them enjoying themselves! :shhh:

Lovely to see friendly faces as always, Jumping Joan, you leave me open mouthed with your energy on the dancefloor! Great to see you! :D Johnny Beggs & Mace, Mr Weston (who actually thought he was David Bailey! :thumbsup: ), Phil & little tiny Jo, Carl & Maria & lovely to meet Crystal Tipps! :huh: I'm sure i've missed people out... :D

Sharon, Kev & Martyn, thanks for having us!

Woody, special mention to you...you kept us all laughing with your drunken ways! :( Thanks to Dave for your hat on the way home (it was bloody freezing!) And last but never least, massive thank you to Sian for driving us all the way up there & back!

Had a great night saw people not seen the years Dave Miller, Ian cunliffe last time West Hougton cricketters 15years bloody hell. real pleasure to meet Andy Dennison. cant wait for Rugby June Allnighter allready planning thhe spots. soory dint play Larry Wright Joanany way heres what i played in no particular order

Appreciations-I can't hide it-Aware

Matt Lucas-Baby you better go go-Karen

Tearra-Just lovin you-Midtown

Empires-Youre on top girl-Candi

Executive 4- Good thing going-Lumar

Lee Mckinnney-I'll keep holding on-Sable

Jimmy Bo Horn-Just can't speak-Dade

Buddy Smith-When loose the one you love-Brute

Bobby Kline-Say something nice to me-MB

Johnny Rodgers-Make a change-Amon

Poets-Wrapped around your finger-J2

Just Brothers -Carlena-Garrison

Fab Appolas-Determination-Valtone

Jokers-Soul sound-Skofield

Lenny Williams-I couldnt find nobody-Fantasy

Tobi Lark-Sweep it out the shed-Topper

Volumes-Aint gonna give you up-Karen

Ray Agee-Im losing again-Soultown

Nomads-something bad-Mogroove

Classics-One dance-Yang

J D Bryant-I wont be coming back-Shrine

Bad Weather-I never never knew- bad weather

Had a great night saw people not seen the years Dave Miller, Ian cunliffe last time West Hougton cricketters 15years bloody hell. real pleasure to meet Andy Dennison. cant wait for Rugby June Allnighter allready planning thhe spots. soory dint play Larry Wright Joanany way heres what i played in no particular order

Classics-One dance-Yang

another awesome spot young ted

max..

Had a great nite many thanks to Phil Trefhall for pickin me up great pity he had to get lost in Leigh

and had to phone me from murder mile ( Chapel St Leigh ) a copper on every corner :yes:

Never mind mate i,ll give u the £60 ( for that crap 45 on that gold label you brought along )

Heard some brill music from all the DJ,S Ted Massey as always was fantastic and for the

last few hours my little ass was wizzin around the dancefloor ..

TOP STUFF many thanks to everyone who made Sat nite a gud un.....

Maria W loved the snake outfit it was awesome :yes:

xxIan C

Got there a bit earlier than usual.........Martin was still setting up when we got in, as hubby was meeting someone to buy a record.

While Ritchie took the record back to the car out of the way, there was only me and Martin there as Dave Rivers had gone out for a smoke..........I just hapend to turn round and there Martin was getting changed :thumbsup: ........SHAME I did'nt have the camera set up ready........otherwise would have had a great picture of him in his underpant :(:lol: , would have done nicely for the SSLAAS calender :thumbsup::lol::lol: .

Anyway had a really great time, from start to finish, only danced a few times, to much talking and all that ph34r.gif .

Sorry Woody........but The Enchanters.......is not for SALE :lol: , but must give you 10 / 10 for trying........took me load of necosiation to get that one :g:

Really looking forward to the next one.

Will have the photos up soon, sorry if I missed anybody out.

Annie

post-4107-1206429578.jpg

Edited by asboannie

First thanks go to Dave Miller my travelling partner for the top company, 3& 1/2 hours to get down....7 hours to get back home which was my Mr Magoo blind fault, at one point we stopped on the hard shoulder to look at the road map, gave Dave the Map to read. To which the reply was, " Andy a canny read witoot ma Glessys "....my reply was " Dave if not on rails am goosed mate ". How we got home, bloody miracle, great to see Johnny Weston,Camera Story, fantastic mate!!!....Mick H your a Gentleman...Christy nice talkin to you!..Good seeing you again Micky C.

Double decking with Phil and Kev complete honour lads, thanks!

Kev and Sharon, your hospitality was world class, lovely to meet your family..Curtis, Dena and Chirsty...and the 2 dogs, loved the fact that the older dog, (cant remember their names) wanted to snog me in the morning,nae neckin first thing, and the stare that she gave me when I wouldn`d..very scary!!

My play list from memory, as my records are still in the hire car, which dont get handed back till tomorrow...These tracks include my double decking with Phil and Kev. ...........No particular order!!

Oscar Perry.....Its hard to know... unissued

Archie Bell....1000 wonders...Atlantic

Little Sherman and the Mod Swingers....the price of love ...ABC

New Sounds...Dont take your love away...Turbo lp

Edwin Starr....My kind of woman.....Ric Tic

Lee Rodgers...Save My Love...Wheelsville

Barbara Carr....My Mama Told Me

Gwen Davis....My Man Dont think I know...SS7

Benny C Oliver...Make it Now...Ojobco

Gladys Knight....Its Too Late....Unissued cut

Little John ....Heartbreakin Time....Martay

Gerri Hall...Who Can I Run To.....Hot Line

Melvin Davis....I Must Love you...Groovesville

Jock Mitchell...Not a chance in a million...Impact

Betty Wilson and the 4 bars.....I`m yours.....Dayco

Kelly and the Explosions.....I need my babys Love..Dynamite

Bernard Smith.....Never gonna let yo go...Spectrum

The Penetrations....Champagne shingaling...Highland

Bitter and Sweet..I wont have any babys for you....Anything records

Eula Cooper...Let our love grow higher...Super Sound

Tommie Young....Hit and run Lover....Soul power

Sandra Stephens....if you really love me....Ja Wes

Jessie Davis...Gonna Hang on In There....Era

Lamp Sisters...Aint no cure for the blues....Duke

The Servicemen...Thats when i`ll stop loving You...G 2000

Montclaires....Hey You Dont Fight It...Archway

Thats as much as I can remember till i get the record box back, whole experience 110%.

Mick H...Out Of Sights....goosebumps!

Ted Massey....Wonderful stuff...one of the few big guns I`ve not had a chance to hear till now.......OH YA c***! Brilliant......Buddy Smith,Cairos and the rest!!!

Kit, didn`t know much of what you played, but really enjoyed the tracks you played...Good solid hardcore northern!

Martin for his Honesty and respect...the jurys out!!!! love the straight up talk mate and to Chris A for your lovely words.

Dave Miller..Great stuff on the decks...Royal five...wonderful. The 2 c/u that you played out this world.

Phil.....Tropics...OH YA C..T!

Joan and Tony......bloody..F..K`n love yous to bits!!!!

Would I go back, IN A HEARTBEAT!!!

Andy

Edited by Dennisoul

brilliant nite, still wrecked,left manchester 10.15 on sunday nite and arrived home monday bout 8am........

great fun double decking with andy, big thanks to kev and sharon for the invite......i will be back

and must also thank carl & maria for letting Jo and me take over their house for the weekend......i'll be back there to i hope :thumbsup:

Phil

brilliant nite, still wrecked,left manchester 10.15 on sunday nite and arrived home monday bout 8am........

great fun double decking with andy, big thanks to kev and sharon for the invite......i will be back

and must also thank carl & maria for letting Jo and me take over their house for the weekend......i'll be back there to i hope :P

Phil

Brilliant night Indeed,

From the time Kit played the first record, until the time I had to leave, it was QUALITY TUNES all the way. Add to this an "up for it crowd" and you will begin to see how much I appreciate attending venues like this.

Top Notch.....................thanks to all the DJ's and Attendees a superb night. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Regards Ritchie.

Classics-One dance-Yang

Absolutely great to see you again Ted, it's been way too long and what a fantastic set of which we were all talking about back at Shaz & Kev's :thumbsup:

David

First thanks go to Dave Miller my travelling partner for the top company, 3& 1/2 hours to get down....7 hours to get back home which was my Mr Magoo blind fault, at one point we stopped on the hard shoulder to look at the road map, gave Dave the Map to read. To which the reply was, " Andy a canny read witoot ma Glessys "....my reply was " Dave if not on rails am goosed mate ". How we got home, bloody miracle, great to see Johnny Weston,Camera Story, fantastic mate!!!....Mick H your a Gentleman...Christy nice talkin to you!..Good seeing you again Micky C.

Double decking with Phil and Kev complete honour lads, thanks!

Kev and Sharon, your hospitality was world class, lovely to meet your family..Curtis, Dena and Chirsty...and the 2 dogs, loved the fact that the older dog, (cant remember their names) wanted to snog me in the morning,nae neckin first thing, and the stare that she gave me when I wouldn`d..very scary!!

My play list from memory, as my records are still in the hire car, which dont get handed back till tomorrow...These tracks include my double decking with Phil and Kev. ...........No particular order!!

Oscar Perry.....Its hard to know... unissued

Archie Bell....1000 wonders...Atlantic

Little Sherman and the Mod Swingers....the price of love ...ABC

New Sounds...Dont take your love away...Turbo lp

Edwin Starr....My kind of woman.....Ric Tic

Lee Rodgers...Save My Love...Wheelsville

Barbara Carr....My Mama Told Me

Gwen Davis....My Man Dont think I know...SS7

Benny C Oliver...Make it Now...Ojobco

Gladys Knight....Its Too Late....Unissued cut

Little John ....Heartbreakin Time....Martay

Gerri Hall...Who Can I Run To.....Hot Line

Melvin Davis....I Must Love you...Groovesville

Jock Mitchell...Not a chance in a million...Impact

Betty Wilson and the 4 bars.....I`m yours.....Dayco

Kelly and the Explosions.....I need my babys Love..Dynamite

Bernard Smith.....Never gonna let yo go...Spectrum

The Penetrations....Champagne shingaling...Highland

Bitter and Sweet..I wont have any babys for you....Anything records

Eula Cooper...Let our love grow higher...Super Sound

Tommie Young....Hit and run Lover....Soul power

Sandra Stephens....if you really love me....Ja Wes

Jessie Davis...Gonna Hang on In There....Era

The Servicemen...Thats when i`ll love You...G 2000

Thats as much as I can remember till i get the record box back, whole experience 110%.

Mick H...Out Of Sights....goosebumps!

Ted Massey....Wonderful stuff...one of the few big guns I`ve not had a chance to hear till now.......OH YA c***! Brilliant......Buddy Smith,Cairos and the rest!!!

Kit, didn`t know much of what you played, but really enjoyed the tracks you played...Good solid hardcore northern!

Martin for his Honesty and respect...the jurys out!!!! love the straight up talk mate and to Chris A for your lovely words.

Dave Miller..Great stuff on the decks...Royal five...wonderful. The 2 c/u that you played out this world.

Phil.....Tropics...OH YA C..T!

Joan and Tony......bloody..F..K`n love yous to bits!!!!

Would I go back, IN A HEARTBEAT!!!

Andy

All the way to Manchester to buy a lighter? Bit much Mr D. By the way, the dogs are Sassy (the older one) and Bella - and I saw Sassy first so hands off!!

and must also thank carl & maria for letting Jo and me take over their house for the weekend......i'll be back there to i hope :lol:

Phil

What you need is a weekend at home.. whistling.gif

Had a really great night with our ever increasing family!

And deffo one venue i'll be flying to, instead of sailing to..

Thanks to Carl & Maria for everything ...even the tea :lol: say hi to Oli for me :lol:

What you need is a weekend at home.. :thumbsup:

Had a really great night with our ever increasing family!

And deffo one venue i'll be flying to, instead of sailing to..

Thanks to Carl & Maria for everything ...even the tea :lol: say hi to Oli for me :lol:

hi jo glad you had a good time,it was lovely to spend the weekend with you 2. oli says hi and sorry,he has had a good talking to! still laughing about your reaction to caffine deprivation. promise to have the hard stuff in next time you stay.

take care and keep safe

carl and maria

p.s. the candy cane has settled in.

MR SHEILDS...

Play list please you cant get away without posting your set it was fantastic

so come on

Mr Sheilds is a bit busy at the mo so he gave me a sick note to pass on.. got a good excuse though he's in hospital :lol:

should be out today :lol:

Cheers guys - what a top night! :lol:

Only the second time Ferrett and I have been, but we weren't disappointed!

Thanks to Annie for introducing me to Ganche, RugbySoulGirl and RugbySoulClub - good to meet you ladies :D

Bring on the next one :D

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone, were really looking forward to the next one in May. On a more serious note we really hope Phil is home soon and feeling better, Jo can you let us know how he is as soon as you know.

Thanks Sharon

Cheers guys - what a top night! :lol:

Only the second time Ferrett and I have been, but we weren't disappointed!

Thanks to Annie for introducing me to Ganche, RugbySoulGirl and RugbySoulClub - good to meet you ladies :D

Bring on the next one :g:

Hi Cyrstal tips :lol: hope the Ferret is gonna change his name to Alistair much more charming, dashing and debonair. ferret now that sums up a bloke who might dance to a raffle :D held at a soul nite :lol: hope your both ok. Maybe see you all soon Normal soul life hopfully is resuming. Best Kimbo.

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone, were really looking forward to the next one in May. On a more serious note we really hope Phil is home soon and feeling better, Jo can you let us know how he is as soon as you know.

Thanks Sharon

I got a text earlier , he's been freed and recons he's out this weekend... :lol:

MR SHEILDS...

Play list please you cant get away without posting your set it was fantastic

so come on

here we go in no particular order

EPLISONS "MIND IN A BIND" HEM

THE SQUIRES "DON'T ACCUSE ME" GEE

TIMOTHY WILSON "HEY GIRL, DO YOU LOVE ME" VEEP

JIMMY BURNS "YOU'RE GONNA MISS ME WHEN I'M GONE" TIO TOP

MOUSIE & TRAPS "HOW ABOUT YOU" TODDLIN TOWN

THE EXCEPTIONS "BABY YOU KNOW I NEED YOU" GROOVEY GROOVES

THE ARCADES "THERES GOT TO BE A LOSER" TRIAD

THE REGENTS "WHAT CHA GONNA DO" MAD

THE TROPICS "HEY YOU LITTLE GIRL" TOPIC

CLARENCE HILL "A LOT OF LOVIN GOIN ROUND" MAINSTREAM

THE SPIEDELS "DREAM GIRL" PROVIDENCE

THE TRENDS "THANKS FOR A LITTLE LOVIN" ABC

CODY BLACK "I'M SLOWLY MOLDING" KING

MATTHEW BARNETT "IF YOUR LOVE IS REAL" PUFF

RAY MARCHARD "YOUR SHIP OF FOOLS" DORE

THE LOST SOUL "A SECRET OF MINE" RAVEN

FRANKIE & DAMONS "MAN FROM SOUL" JCP

MICKEY BUCKINS "SILLY GIRL" NORALA

THE RAVIN MADS "WHERE IS LOVE" RAVIN

CHRYSLERS & MONARCHS BAND "I'M NOT GONNA LOSE YOU" JE JODY

RON BAXTER "THIS IS IT" OLE-9

DEMETRICE FAIRE "YOUNG GIRL" TURONTA

THE ENERGETICS "IF AT FIRST" TOP TOP

THE CONQUISTADORES "SADNESS AND MADNESS" SIGNETT

SINGING SWINGING COUNTS "ALONG THE WAY" THE LABEL

WADE FLEMONS "TWO OF A KIND" RAMSEL

VERNON GREENE "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME" MINIT

JIMMIE & ENTERTAINERS "NEW GIRL" TODDLIN TOWN

DUSTY WILSON "ITS GONNA BE A TRADEGY" MUTT

SOUL JOE CLEMENTS "EVER EVER" PLEXIUM

JOHNNY SUMMERS "I'M STILL YOURS" YORKTOWN

THE CAUTIONS "NO OTHER WAY" SHRINE

IVORYS "PLEASE STAY" DESPENZA

JAMES BELL & HIGHLIGHTERS "THE LOVE OF MY GIRL" 3 DIAMONDS

THE CASHMERES "DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR BACK" HEM

there you are think thats about everything, sorry they're all mixed up

and can i say it was priveledge to play the last spot at USOS 1st ann, hope to see you all again soon

best Phil