Flanny @ Broughton Wings 19th April

Guest Brian Ellis

Guest Brian Ellis

Tried a few times to get Flanny over to Broughton to guest for us; at last we've managed it thumbup.gif .

Date for diaries - Saturday 19th April; 8pm thru 12.45am.

Broughton is a superb, plush venue with great dancefloor and excellent sound system, top class aircon and a very friendly crowd. Add to that very cheap bar prices (too cheap to advertise here!!), only £3 in and a music policy that is progressive while still recognising and remembering its roots. All adds up to a pretty good soul nite out.

Alongside Flanny is one of North Wales's great guys and co-owner of Funky Feet Records - Mark Speakman, and me as resident DJ.

Bring yourselves over to North East Wales and get your ears around some seriously good music. Hope to see you there.

Brian :thumbsup:

Edited by Brian Ellis
  • Replies 19
  • Views 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Netspeaky

Yes I endorse everything Brian has said about Broughton, it will be good to have Flanny spinning some nice tunes, as I know he's been picking up some tasty numbers of recent, so really looking forward to a super night. Flanny you need a Chauffeur the beers cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Guest Brian Ellis

Yes I endorse everything Brian has said about Broughton, it will be good to have Flanny spinning some nice tunes, as I know he's been picking up some tasty numbers of recent, so really looking forward to a super night. Flanny you need a Chauffeur the beers cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Beer as cheap as you like.....and then some, as the saying goes.

Great to have Flanny over for what promises to be an excellent night.

Really looking forward to this one.

Brian thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Netspeaky

Flanny great night at Middleton, looking for similar show off you when we team up for Broughton, bring a driver the beer's cheap as chips. :rolleyes:

Guest Brian Ellis

Hi Brian and Mark really looking forward to this one may stop over for it can you reccomend any decent local b,nb,s within staggering distance of the venue / taxi ride :rolleyes:

see you all next week be good Flanny

Flanny

I live 25 miles away so don't have the local knowledge about nearby B&Bs. However Welsh Russ, who is a Broughton regular, lives close by so I will drop him a PM to see whether he can make any recommendations.

Get back to you soon.

Looking forward to your spot on the 19th.

Brian :thumbsup:

Guest Brian Ellis

Not too long now Brian, I hope flanny got his B&B sorted, see you there Saturday. thumbsup.gif

Mark

Just a few days to go and really looking forward to it. Spoke with Chico last night, he said there's a couple of mini buses coming from up the coast. A few others I've talked to seem to think this will be a good night both musically and crowd-wise.

Sure Flanny will do a great spot - one not to be missed.

Presume you'll be bringing your Funkyfeet mobile store with you :P ?

Not sure whether Flanny has sorted out digs - asked Welsh Russ if he could make any recommendations to Flanny direct, so don't know if this has been sorted.

Flanny - if you're out there and still have nothing fixed up - give us a shout on here.

Brian thumbsup.gif

Edited by Brian Ellis

Hi Brian & Mark,

I think we will be coming .....as long as Mark dosen't play any of those rare 45s Ha ha :lol:

see you all Sat.

Phil :thumbsup:

Tried a few times to get Flanny over to Broughton to guest for us; at last we've managed it :lol: .

Date for diaries - Saturday 19th April; 8pm thru 12.45am.

Broughton is a superb, plush venue with great dancefloor and excellent sound system, top class aircon and a very friendly crowd. Add to that very cheap bar prices (too cheap to advertise here!!), only £3 in and a music policy that is progressive while still recognising and remembering its roots. All adds up to a pretty good soul nite out.

Alongside Flanny is one of North Wales's great guys and co-owner of Funky Feet Records - Mark Speakman, and me as resident DJ.

Bring yourselves over to North East Wales and get your ears around some seriously good music. Hope to see you there.

Brian :ohmy:

Guest Brian Ellis

Hi Brian & Mark,

I think we will be coming .....as long as Mark dosen't play any of those rare 45s Ha ha :(

see you all Sat.

Phil :lol:

Phil

Will be great to see you both at Broughton.

Here's to Saturday - more great sounds :D and even cheaper beer :lol: .

Brian :lol:

Mark

Just a few days to go and really looking forward to it. Spoke with Chico last night, he said there's a couple of mini buses coming from up the coast. A few others I've talked to seem to think this will be a good night both musically and crowd-wise.

Sure Flanny will do a great spot - one not to be missed.

Presume you'll be bringing your Funkyfeet mobile store with you :lol: ?

Not sure whether Flanny has sorted out digs - asked Welsh Russ if he could make any recommendations to Flanny direct, so don't know if this has been sorted.

Flanny - if you're out there and still have nothing fixed up - give us a shout on here.

Brian :lol:

FLANNY AT BROUGHTON WINGS SPONSERED BY JACK DANIELS

digs sorted i am so up for this tonight bring it on

flanny

Guest Brian Ellis

FLANNY AT BROUGHTON WINGS SPONSERED BY JACK DANIELS

digs sorted i am so up for this tonight bring it on

flanny

Glad you're sorted Brian - JDs aplenty, I'm sure.

Last bump as I'm just on my way to set everything up for a fantastic night.

See you all soon :lol: .

Brian

Edited by Brian Ellis