Alternative Versions Of Soul & Northern Records

• Replies 136
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Ref. the Chris Clark-look closely at the label "YOU'RE FAVORITE ARTISTS ARE ON WEED!" HAAAAAAHAAAA! :ohmy: APPARENTLY SOME ARE ON CRACK TOO!

1. I CAN SEE HIM LOVONG YOU-RAY DAHROGUE-POLYDOR

2. I CAN'T TAKE NO MORE-JASON CORD-CHAPTER 3 (SAME AS TED WILSON)

3. WHEREVER YOU WERE-HOLLY GOLIGHTLY

PLUS PJ HARVEY STARTS SINGING "IT'S YOUR VOODOO WORKING" AT THE END OF ONE OF HER SONGS ON THE "RID OF ME" LP.

-J.

Social source share

don't think these have been mentioned

noel mccalla-ain't nothing but a house party-epic..........

johnny rivers- baby i need your loving-liberty

dave berry- picture me gone-decca / madeline bell-picture me gone-phillips

outsiders-time won't let me-capitol / j c messina-time won't let me-tom king......Gene Pitney

young folk-lonely girl-marvlus / miss madeline-lonely girl-marvlus

mr floods party-compared to what-gm / ray charles-compared to what-atlantic

sensational epics- be young, be foolish, be happy-warner bros

crown four-birth of a playboy-lee john

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

'What you've been growing' by The Parliaments and 'Can you get to that?' by Funkadelic are basically the same song, which is odd because I don't like the Parliaments version at all, but the Funkadelic version may well be the phinest slab of phunk I've heard in my life.

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

Have we all wiped the Swinging 60s out of our minds? I seem to remember the most grudawful abortion by Herman's Hermits of 'Into something good', but also one or two quite commendably enthusiastic covers of various artists by The Hollies. Then there were the Beatles, no one ever played 'Money' the same again, and 'Twist and Shout', people thought the Isleys nicked those 'Wooos' from the Beatles! They also did 'Chains', 'Some other guy', and 'Anna'. I think I read somewhere that Lennon was a fellow 'ballast boogie' collector.

It's just occured to me that what I said about 'Money' up there isn't quite right. Just before Christmas last year at an everybody-join-in thingie at the pub I took my turn on the keyboards and tried to play it the way it went under Barratt Strong. It turned into a kind of New Orleans boogie somehow, but at least it didn't sound like the Beatles.

Social source share

Really sorry about this, but while we're on the subject

Kylie Minogue - Time will pass you by

WARNING!!! If you love the Tobi Legend version and hate top quality Northern tunes being killed to death, DO NOT CLICK THE LINK!!!

https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=t4kM3Q_qoS0

I know you will though :D LOL

there is a bobby thurston "just ask me" similar thing as well,cant remember the bloody title or artist

Social source share

there is a bobby thurston "just ask me" similar thing as well,cant remember the bloody title or artist

One case of " if it is not broken , do not try to repair it " .........

Go West's murderous cover of Bobby Caldwell's " What You Won't Do For Love " ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

• 5 years later...