Time @ Derby

Just about reached a fit enough state to do a quick review of the first nighter at Time in Derby on Saturday, so here goes:

Travelled up with a couple of friends from Coventry (and of course with the ever present sales box!). On first arrival, I was a bit dubious about the venue. Large nightclub that was a bit too bright and clean for my tastes. But after a few words with some of the staff the light were lowered which helped improve the atmosphere. Dancefloor was however brightly lit up with an array of overhead lights, not ideal but in all fairness to the organisers it was the first night at a new venue and when I mentioned concerns over the dancefloor lights they did agree and will hopefully be able to turn these off for the next night.

Soul Sam was just starting his set as we settled in and got the sales box ready, an hour of great tunes with Sam his usual enthusiastic self. At this stage though the 'feel' of the night still wasn't right for me. However over the next couple of hours there was a steady flow of familar niter faces coming in and by around 12.30 - 1am the atmosphere had arrived and just kept getting better! All too soon 6am had arrived and the overall opinion from our small travelling group on the journey home was that we had all enjoyed a great night, some great music played and a good time had by us all. A few small improvements could be made and I'm sure they will be and this will only serve to improve the whole experience.

On a personal note, was great to meet up with some old friends like Taz. Spent the first part of the night getting everyone to listen to my current fave record (which I'm lucky to have a few spares of) guess my taste isn't too bad as a couple of people bought a copy (Taz yours will be in the post on Tuesday) and then managed to convince Rob Smith to play it for me in his final spot. Must admit I was pretty shot through by 5am and I'm pretty sure I badgered him constantly until he finally put it on as the last record of the night! So thanks Rob and apologies if I kept going on about it! In fact I'm pretty sure that anyone I talked to from about 4 onwards must have thought I had escaped some kind of special home, totally forgot evreything anyone told me within about 2 minutes and was constantly getting the tracks played by the DJs confused with other things, apologies to anyone that I talked total rubbish to..but I enjoyed it!

For anyone slightly intrigued about the record mentioned, I'll post a clip up.

All in all thanks for a great night.

Adam.

PS. Spent some talking to a lady about records (memory problems so sorry but I've no idea on the name!), mentioned you were looking for a Kelly Brothers - Hanging In Here. Well I've found the copy I mentioned so if you read this then drop me a PM.

• Replies 9
  • Views 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest jumitja

totally agree with adam(soul45er),.the night started off slow but once people got there bearings and stamina the night started and what a good night in the end it turned out to be.once on the dance floor i hardly left it being one of thelast few at 6am still buzzing to the music.just like to say hello to a couple of people i met ,kaz (roger and lisas mate) and jase .you made it through the night without the coronary you were worried about .lol.seeyou at kings next week .oh adam 7.30 pick up next saturday

totally agree with adam(soul45er),.the night started off slow but once people got there bearings and stamina the night started and what a good night in the end it turned out to be.once on the dance floor i hardly left it being one of thelast few at 6am still buzzing to the music.just like to say hello to a couple of people i met ,kaz (roger and lisas mate) and jase .you made it through the night without the coronary you were worried about .lol.seeyou at kings next week .oh adam 7.30 pick up next saturday

Hi Kev,

7.30 is no problem, looking forward to it already wicked.gif

Adam.

i agree with most of the posts so far.

thot the music was great.

i didnt hear a bad record.

did expect it to be a bit busier.i did enjoy it tho.

only problem was the seating all beign a bit to far from the dancfloor.

i have put a post in for rolls royce aldayer,saying i prefered that.but it was a totally different kinda night.

great weekend doing the 2 events.

cheers steve. thumbsup.gif

i have put a post in for rolls royce aldayer,saying i prefered that.but it was a totally different kinda night.

cheers steve. thumbsup.gif

cheers steve. :thumbsup:

only problem was the seating all beign a bit to far from the dancfloor.
i have put a post in for rolls royce aldayer,saying i prefered that.but it was a totally different kinda night.
cheers steve.:thumbsup: