Original Mastercuts Show Rant

urrrs

Lads, great show and music policy the tops...........but why oh why, does Alan Chapman keep going on and on and on about South "crapy" London and Chelscum FC ? :D

South London has long since had it's day, the Old Kent RD in the early eighties was the "dogs" now it's a sh1t hole, as is the rest of S. London. It's either Yuppies OR sh1t hole in that area.

As for CFC, I bet you were a season ticket holder before Roman eh Alan ? :thumbsup:

So, come on lads, lets keep it a bit more focused on the music or anything else, so long as it's nothing to do with South London and Chelscum :lol:

RANT over :lol:

Lets see if you can do a show without mentioning either Alan :):lol::lol:

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Lads, great show and music policy the tops...........but why oh why, does Alan Chapman keep going on and on and on about South "crapy" London and Chelscum FC ? ph34r.gif

South London has long since had it's day, the Old Kent RD in the early eighties was the "dogs" now it's a sh1t hole, as is the rest of S. London. It's either Yuppies OR sh1t hole in that area.

As for CFC, I bet you were a season ticket holder before Roman eh Alan ? rolleyes.gif

So, come on lads, lets keep it a bit more focused on the music or anything else, so long as it's nothing to do with South London and Chelscum biggrin.gif

RANT over wink.gif

Hey Urrs,

Alan can't help it - he's a Southerner LOL! Plus he very rarely ventures out of his 'Sarf London' comfort zone which just typical.

Anyway no mentions of 'Sarf London' this week 'cos Al was watching Chelscum punish Arsenal yesterday although we did have another guest on called Mark Collison who I think mentioned a few London spots in the mid 80's. They just can't help themselves can they LOL..?

Any way here's yesterday's playlist - will post the link & show up later today and give you a shout out next week - if only to antagonize Alan!

1st Hour

Love Committee - Just As Long As I Got You

Hokis Pokis - Nowhere (Danny Krivit Re-Edit)

Invisible Man's Band - All Night Thing

Ashford & Simpson - Over & Over (12" Mix)

Janice McClain - Giving My Love

The Spinners - Together We Can Make Such Sweet Music

Norman Connors - Be There In The Morning

James Brown - Sunny (Remix)

Curtis Hairston - Summertime

2nd Hour

Major Lance - You Don't Want Me No More

The Invitations - Skiing In The Snow

The Idle Few - People That's Why

Freddie Chavez - They'll Never Know Why

Ronnie Dyson - Point of No Return

First Choice - Armed & Extremely Dangerous

Johnny Baker - Shy Guy

The Anderson Brothers - I Can See Him Loving You

Jeff Perry - Love Don't Come No Stronger

Aretha Franklin - April Fools

Thelma Jones - How Long

Webster Lewis - Give Me Some Emotion

Webster Lewis - Love Is The Way

J.P. Rogers - All My Loving

Toni Braxton - Another Sad Love Song

L.A. Boppers - Is This The Best (Bop Shoo Wah)

Luther Vandross - Shine

Best,

Ian D laugh.gif

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Guest Alan Champ

Alan Chapman. It has a certain ring to it, and is a pseudonym which I'd quite like to adopt.

South London is a great place. We don't have any beaches (like in Brisbane), but I've lived overseas near to a few sandy beaches, and didn't like it. That cold North Sea weather got a bit too much at times. They even had different words for everything - eg 'wind', 'arm', 'man'. The same, but different. Awkward Dutch gits.

Social source share

Alan Chapman. It has a certain ring to it, and is a pseudonym which I'd quite like to adopt.

South London is a great place. We don't have any beaches (like in Brisbane), but I've lived overseas near to a few sandy beaches, and didn't like it. That cold North Sea weather got a bit too much at times. They even had different words for everything - eg 'wind', 'arm', 'man'. The same, but different. Awkward Dutch gits.

This is what I have to deal with every week!

Strange breeds down 'ere.......

Ian D :yes:

Social source share

Sorry Alan, I'm got your surname mixed up with that other Alan "DJ" Alan Freeman - was he a sarf Londoner ? Must have been, that's how I've managed to mix the names up :(

So, how have you ever managed getting to the 100 club, some strange natives north of that river :thumbsup:

As said previous, top show lads. Now that's off my chest, how about some Funk Fusion Band, Family of Eve, Roy Ayres, Leroy Burgess, Africa music machine or early fatback. I know none of them have anything to do with "you know what", not unless Family of Eve done a halftime sing a long at the Bridge a few years back !!

That's it...........now repeat after me " I must not not talk about CFC OR Salf London" :thumbsup:laugh.gif

Social source share

Sorry Alan, I'm got your surname mixed up with that other Alan "DJ" Alan Freeman - was he a sarf Londoner ? Must have been, that's how I've managed to mix the names up :g:

So, how have you ever managed getting to the 100 club, some strange natives north of that river :thumbsup:

As said previous, top show lads. Now that's off my chest, how about some Funk Fusion Band, Family of Eve, Roy Ayres, Leroy Burgess, Africa music machine or early fatback. I know none of them have anything to do with "you know what", not unless Family of Eve done a halftime sing a long at the Bridge a few years back !!

That's it...........now repeat after me " I must not not talk about CFC OR Salf London" :thumbsup:laugh.gif

Yep, can do all of them over the next few weeks Urrrs - we're big Roy, Family Of Eve and Leroy fans anyway.

And Alan will be chuffed at the 'Fluff' Freeman comparison - he's into that sort of thing! :(

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

Lads, great show and music policy the tops...........but why oh why, does Alan Chapman keep going on and on and on about South "crapy" London and Chelscum FC ? :P

As for CFC, I bet you were a season ticket holder before Roman eh Alan ? :thumbsup:

So, come on lads, lets keep it a bit more focused on the music or anything else, so long as it's nothing to do with South London and Chelscum :D

RANT over :lol:

Lets see if you can do a show without mentioning either Alan :(:lol::D

If Alan was REALLY from Sarf Lundun he'd support a south London team. :lol::thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!