Georgie Fame - Sweet Things - On A 45

Bit of interest on this one, a Swedish Columbia pic sleeve 45.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=017

Georgie's superb version of the Spinners classic, almost as good as the original !

Have the Sweet Things LP on Aussie Columbia, but no 45 issued in Aussie.

Was his Sweet Things track not issued on a 45 in the UK ????

Any other Euro countries issued it as a 45 apart from Sweden ????

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

And anyone who likes Georgie Fame's souly stuff could do a lot worse then pick up his "Somebody Stole My Thunder" - Jazz-Soul Grooves 1967-1971 recently released set. Available here for a very reasonable £4.99 with free delivery:-

https://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/3328921/So...html?dpr=131424

And here's a 'lil taster of an almost Northern belter he did called "Peaceful" which is on this album - one of my favourite records of all time!

Ian D biggrin.gif

10_Peaceful.mp3

Social source share

As far as I know it was only issued as a 7" in Sweden. I sold a copy about 4 months ago on eBay for $183. Not an especially easy to find swedish 45 in my experience, have only ever had 3 or 4 copies.

overinflated price as the result of two people overbidding :D , it's nice enough but not 100 quids worth.

bri pinch.

Social source share

still got that one you sold me Seb......the lp came out as a budget UK release as well......it always baffled me that it didnt get a 45 release.other than Sweden....when the orig lp was called "Sweet Things"

Yes, I remember that you bought a copy from me a couple of years ago. Seem to recall that you got it pretty cheap compared to what the recent eBay copy sold for... :D

Very strange that it didn't get a UK 7" release.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!