Poma's Memorial Soul Night

Guest Sean Haydon

Guest Sean Haydon

In memory of our Friend Rob Poma we have organised a memorial soul night.

The event will be held at Goodyears near Wolverhampton on Saturday 26th April 2008 from 7.30 till 12.30

Local DJ's plus special guests and good friends of Robs, Karl Heard and Dave Evison.

Due to the capacity of this venue being 250 we have produced tickets to ensure Robs friends and acquaintances gain entry. Tickets are available free of charge and are available now. Maximum 2 tickets per person.

Please send a SAE to:

Roger Haddon

71 Wolseley Road

Bilston

West Midlands

WV14 6EL

For further info contact Sean 07971 168956, Roger 07807 882721 or Mick (Dripin) 07765 974507

We would like as many soul friends as possible to attend this event. Robs family will be with us and would like to show them why Rob was so passionate about our music.

Sean

Edited by Shorny
  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The event will be held at Goodyears near Wolverhampton on Saturday 26th April 2008 from 7.30 till 12.30

Local DJ's plus special guests and good friends of Robs, Karl Heard and Dave Evison.

Due to the capacity of this venue being 250 we have produced tickets to ensure Robs friends and acquaintances gain entry. Tickets are available free of charge and are available now. Maximum 2 tickets per person.

Please send a SAE to:

Roger Haddon

71 Wolseley Road

Bilston

West Midlands

WV14 6EL

For further info contact Sean 07971 168956, Roger 07807 882721 or Mick (Dripin) 07765 974507

We would like as many soul friends as possible to attend this event. Robs family will be with us and would like to show them why Rob was so passionate about our music.

Sean

hope you got me down to dj on the night!!

rob was always there for me! i really must be there for him!!

max..

Please send a SAE to:

Roger Haddon

71 Wolseley Road

Bilston

West Midlands

WV14 6EL

Sean

Hiya Sean.

Me Martin & the gang will be there for sure..........Rob mean,t a lot to us all and i know he would want us and everyone else to have a real good night :yes:

Helen & Martin xxxx

Guest Sean Haydon

hope you got me down to dj on the night!!

rob was always there for me! i really must be there for him!!

max..

Hi Max

Can you PM me with your tel number please mate

Sean

Hiya Sean.

Me Martin & the gang will be there for sure..........Rob mean,t a lot to us all and i know he would want us and everyone else to have a real good night :yes:

Helen & Martin xxxx

same goes for Annie and I, Sean - anything we can do to help - just shout !

Wulfie :yes:

Guest Sean Haydon

Like i told you Saturday try and stop me being there!! any help needed just ask

Ken

Cheers mate, that's the kind of support we need. Should be a great Night.

With the Lifeline Niter on just up the road, guess where we'll be heading at half 12. (In true Poma style) !!!

Sean

Guest roger H

I have been asked by Robs family to post this

Roberts Mom and Dad would like to thank everyone for thier kindness and support, letters of sympathy, cards and flowers, at the sad loss of our son, We know he will be missed and loved by you all, thank you all for the floral tributes, and the hundreds who attended the church service, he would have been so proud. also thanks to the royal oak at portobello, a very special thanks to sammi who offered his services to his good friend POMA, and an everlasting thank you to Sean for being such a good friend to our son Robert

Once again thanks to everyone

Keep on dancing

god bless you all

Hazel and Roy XXX

Edited by roger H

Roberts Mom and Dad would like to thank everyone for thier kindness and support, letters of sympathy, cards and flowers, at the sad loss of our son, We know he will be missed and loved by you all, thank you all for the floral tributes, and the hundreds who attended the church service, he would have been so proud. also thanks to the royal oak at portobello, a very special thanks to sammi who offered his services to his good friend POMA, and an everlasting thank you to Sean for being such a good friend to our son Robert

Keep on dancing

god bless you all

Hazel and Roy XXX

God bless you too......Hazel and Roy wub.gif

Helen & Martin xxx

Edited by JELLYBEAN

Keep on dancing

god bless you all

Hazel and Roy XXX

You are in our thoughts at this very sad time in your lives.

Suzy & Phil xx

• 2 weeks later...

Please send a SAE to:

Roger Haddon

71 Wolseley Road

Bilston

West Midlands

WV14 6EL

Sean

Not long now for "Pomas" memorial soul night :lol:

JB xxxKTFxxx

Guest Sean Haydon

Not long now for "Pomas" memorial soul night :thumbsup:

JB xxxKTFxxx

It's gonna be good! 300 tickets given out, which is the venue capacity. Music policy is underplayed oldies, up tempo from start to finish, no soppy ballards or modern stuff here.

See ya Saturday.

Sean.

It's gonna be good! 300 tickets given out, which is the venue capacity. Music policy is underplayed oldies, up tempo from start to finish, no soppy ballards or modern stuff here.

See ya Saturday.

Sean.

uptempo stompers all night!! what you on sean!! ha!ha! i can cope with that!! big bangin' tunes is what you'll get!!

max..

Guest Sean Haydon

uptempo stompers all night!! what you on sean!! ha!ha! i can cope with that!! big bangin' tunes is what you'll get!!

max..

That's what we want mate, In true Poma style. Take the roof off !!

SO gutted i cant be there guys sad.gif

i have such fond memories of Rob, always , always an outstretched hand for me and a hug when ever we met.

a few years ago me and Nige Shaw took him to a couple of Niters with us!

rest asured "SHAWY" WILL be with him now showing him the best Nights to go in that niter in the sky

Rob danced with such passion , looking down from the stage he always stood out from the rest, a REAL NORTHERN SOULER

Have a great nite for him guys ,im sure the atmosphere will be electric

He was always asking me to play him " DO ME " he loved dancing to it!!

Look down on them POMA at Goodyears "them gonna do ya proud son"

RIP wont forget ya Rob

Nige Brown Stafford

SO gutted i cant be there guys :lol:

i have such fond memories of Rob, always , always an outstretched hand for me and a hug when ever we met.

rest asured "SHAWY" WILL be with him now showing him the best Nights to go in that niter in the sky

Rob danced with such passion , looking down from the stage he always stood out from the rest, a REAL NORTHERN SOULER

RIP wont forget ya Rob

Nige Brown Stafford

Hiya Nige,

Shame you can,t make it :lol: i did,nt know that Poma loved "Do Me" i love it too, i,ll defo dance to that wicked.gif

See ya soon sweetheart :lol:

JB xxxKTFxxx

Guest Sean Haydon

SO gutted i cant be there guys :lol:

RIP wont forget ya Rob

Nige Brown Stafford

Nice words Nige, thanks mate.

Sean

Guest sandi

Poma loved soul music totally across the board, he loved prince philip mitchell, beabo bryson, skip mahoney, lolletta holloway and one ofr his favorites of all time velvet hammer. Not to mention Fire Island remix "shout to the top" just to mention a few. All monster sounds played on the modern scene over the past 25 years.

See you saturday folks.

Sandi xx

When i sat in my front room with Sean Roger, Drip n Sandi and we came up with the idea to put on this evening, i was honoured to be asked to do the last spot, 'cause as they said "Rob wouldn't have wanted it any other way"

Sandi and i will be finishing the night off in true Poma style with dancers all the way.

See you saturday....Harpo.......xx

When i sat in my front room with Sean Roger, Drip n Sandi and we came up with the idea to put on this evening, i was honoured to be asked to do the last spot, 'cause as they said "Rob wouldn't have wanted it any other way"

Sandi and i will be finishing the night off in true Poma style with dancers all the way.

See you saturday....Harpo.......xx

that's brilliant harpo & sandi!! finish the night off in style!!

max..

Guest Sean Haydon

Just a quick note to stay that quite a few people are still asking for tickets. Unfortunately we had to set a limit due to the venue capacity restrictions, we have to strictly adhere to this. We do not wish to offend or disappoint anyone on the evening but anyone without a ticket will not be allowed in. Many of us will be going on to the Lifeline Nighter at J11 (Stables).

With the DJ line up there it looks like it will be an exceptional night. We'll meet you there after half 12.

Sean.

Guest Chris Waterman

I really wish I was not attending this night, but we don't always get what we wish for, so I will be there tonight and raise a glass to a gone but not to be forgotten soul friend.

Guest Marcelle

Your right darling .... a night we all wish was not happening, but I will put my dancing shoes on & do what Poma always did ..... get lost in the music, dance my *rse off, sweat buckets & go away humming that tune with a smile on my face .....

Your in our hearts Poma, & as with a great Soul sound .....you will never be forgotten .......

Marcelle xx

well what can you say thats not already been said Poma was a great lad and will not be forgotten .

sorry we wont be there Cogs at a wedding and ill be meeting up with him later at the stables and will hope to say hello to all the wolverhampton crowd a little bit later on this will be a fitting tribute i'm sure to one of the soul scenes gentlemen

as johnny robinson sung gone but not forgotten

hope all goes well and lets all raise a glass to Poma

take care Flanny

Please send a SAE to:

Roger Haddon

71 Wolseley Road

Bilston

West Midlands

WV14 6EL

Sean

Hope everything goes well tonight for a sadly missed top guy. Cant make this because of having to be compis mentis for tomorrows journey down to Kettering for Linda,s funeral on Monday. How sad missing one to attend another soulie,s funeral. RIP both of you.

Steve