Guest mark shepherd

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

i never saw this until maybe 5 years ago. the font/typeface just doesnt look right

to me. ive got loads of abc soul and pop records from the early/mid 7os including

a vynil copy of your love. and the typeface of the you love copies are totally different. just

an opinion of course but i would only buy one with the proper spelling...............

or phillipino probe of course :yes:

dave

Social source share

i never saw this until maybe 5 years ago. the font/typeface just doesnt look right

to me. ive got loads of abc soul and pop records from the early/mid 7os including

a vynil copy of your love. and the typeface of the you love copies are totally different. just

an opinion of course but i would only buy one with the proper spelling...............

or phillipino probe of course :yes:

dave

Did'nt it come out on two label variations ???

Social source share

The "You Love" Copies were found by John Anderson, in 2000 he visited The Reflection sound studios in Charlotte N.C to licence material for his Grapevine label (Carolina Soul Survey C.D) being John he asked if they had any 45s laying around, they had 20 file copies of "You Love" of which 8 were severely warped/unplayable these were the original press of the 45 when the studio realised the spelling mistake they "dumped" the records except for the 20 file copies and repressed the 45 with the correct "Your Love" title. hope this explains the authenticity of this 45.

Dave Welding

using Louises log in :yes:

Social source share

The "You Love" Copies were found by John Anderson, in 2000 he visited The Reflection sound studios in Charlotte N.C to licence material for his Grapevine label (Carolina Soul Survey C.D) being John he asked if they had any 45s laying around, they had 20 file copies of "You Love" of which 8 were severely warped/unplayable these were the original press of the 45 when the studio realised the spelling mistake they "dumped" the records except for the 20 file copies and repressed the 45 with the correct "Your Love" title. hope this explains the authenticity of this 45.

Dave Welding

using Louises log in :yes:

Great news Dave :yes: so legit and presumably very rare!

M. :yes:

Social source share

its a strange one isnt it. a couple of people close to me bought them from soul bowl

around that time. and the first thing i noticed wasnt the misspelling but the typeface.

out of all the millions upon millions of records abc put out with the same font. why was this one

different :yes: all anorak stuff i know but does anybody else notice these things

dave

Social source share

its a strange one isnt it. a couple of people close to me bought them from soul bowl

around that time. and the first thing i noticed wasnt the misspelling but the typeface.

out of all the millions upon millions of records abc put out with the same font. why was this one

different :yes: all anorak stuff i know but does anybody else notice these things

dave

Dave I have a copy of each and other than the mis-spell I have never noticed a font/typeface differance, Your eagle eyes are better than mine though so will dig em out and compare , Ill scan em and post scans too

M. :yes:

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

DOH :yes:

Good one mate,alert everyone to your ebay discovery :yes::D:D:yes:

well if they didnt know, they do now Nev cheers, gobshite :yes:

Social source share

the first thing i noticed wasnt the misspelling but the typeface.

different :thumbsup:

Here are 4 different label (and spelling) varations and all of them utilises different fonts.

Not all ABC pressing facilities used the same typeface.

Would be great with a better quality scan of the "You Girl" issue if anyone has got one.

post-1392-1206427803_thumb.jpg

post-1392-1206427820_thumb.jpg

post-1392-1206427841_thumb.jpg

post-1392-1206427853_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Guest stromberg

or phillipino probe of course :lol:

dave

how many of the Filipino copies are around?

I haven't seen one for sale for quite some time...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!