Derby Rolls Royce All-dayer 23/3/08

440 paying punters thru the door and both rooms packed to the rafters.....

I spent all night in the modern room where every DJ played a blinding set.

Looks like this format will be repeated again for the second May bank holiday.....and again for August....

Anyone from here manage to share in this amazing night?

Chris

• Replies 9
  • Views 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Looks like this format will be repeated again for the second May bank holiday.....and again for August....

Chris

Hi Chris

Got there about six, made a point of letting the organisors know how much i enjoyed it, something for all a good broad spectrum of tunes, ache a bit today though,also visitors from all over a good crowd,

Will be back,

Mall

Chris

Yep, certainly did Chris. Got to agree with you, all the sets by the DJ's in the 70's / modern room were superb. It would be good reading the playlists as some fabulous music was played, from funk, crossover, 70's dancers and the very latest modern, all mixed up and making a great pot of music. I was stunned by how many people were there and that people had come specifically for the 70's room, not just stragglers from the northern room having a curious look waiting to hear Ace Spectrum or Drizabone. Some teething problems with the mixing desk causing grief for the DJ's with feedback, but that can easily be sorted for next time. It was my first time at the Rolls Royce, and as a venue it has got to be one of the best on the scene. Although I didn't spend time in the Northern room, the room itself was fantastic. Not too big and cavernous but more like a big nightclub, and the music sounded great in there. All the guys involved with the all dayer must be very pleased with how it went. Looking forward to the next.

Jordi

Guest gouldensoul

Yep, certainly did Chris. Got to agree with you, all the sets by the DJ's in the 70's / modern room were superb. It would be good reading the playlists as some fabulous music was played, from funk, crossover, 70's dancers and the very latest modern, all mixed up and making a great pot of music. I was stunned by how many people were there and that people had come specifically for the 70's room, not just stragglers from the northern room having a curious look waiting to hear Ace Spectrum or Drizabone. Some teething problems with the mixing desk causing grief for the DJ's with feedback, but that can easily be sorted for next time. It was my first time at the Rolls Royce, and as a venue it has got to be one of the best on the scene. Although I didn't spend time in the Northern room, the room itself was fantastic. Not too big and cavernous but more like a big nightclub, and the music sounded great in there. All the guys involved with the all dayer must be very pleased with how it went. Looking forward to the next.

Jordi

Congratulations to all who were involved.The Hard Work certainly paid off, and as you have said all the music played was top class.

WELL DONE.

WELL SEE YOU NEXT TIME WE GO THERE

sorry i havn't posted earlier(late back sun & caught a cold).

me & my 2 m8s came down for this & time alniter.

time niter was ok,music good but nae a big crowd.

THE ALDAYER WAS JUST AMAZING.

was in @ the start & spent first hour in northern room.

went to the mod room where i spent most of my time.

the music was 1st class.

i did venture into the northern room a few times,what an atmosphere.played all styles of rare soul.

this was one of the best events id been to in a long time.

great venue,music & an up for it crowd.

10 out of 10.

cheers steve.

ps hope to be down may,dont miss this. thumbsup.gif

The best all dayer by far at Rolls Royce,in my humble opinion.Lots of positve comments on the night and it was great to see people who had not been before having a good time and saying what a smashing venue it was. Music in northern room was excellent as my feet told me on Sunday morning! A big thanks to all the Dj's in both rooms for what was for many a thoroughly enjoyable all dayer. See you all next time :lol:

M. alias (for those of you there early) one of the ladies on the door rolleyes.gif

The best all dayer by far at Rolls Royce,in my humble opinion.Lots of positve comments on the night and it was great to see people who had not been before having a good time and saying what a smashing venue it was. Music in northern room was excellent as my feet told me on Sunday morning! A big thanks to all the Dj's in both rooms for what was for many a thoroughly enjoyable all dayer. See you all next time :lol:

M. alias (for those of you there early) one of the ladies on the door rolleyes.gif

Hi Millie! Yes we really enjoyed it too. A crackin venue. Stayed in oldies room as modern not our thing, but had a peek in modern room, good size and very busy. A briiliant venue for a dayer, great floor, air con and food! Lookin forward to next one. :lol::lol:

Well it was our first time at the Rolls Royce, and have to say that we were,nt to impressed with the venue itself(to clubby for our liking). The dancefloor (big yes) but it was way too slippy,and yet some were still using talc :lol: music was fine..... thumbsup.gif apart from them playing some modern in the northern room!! And yet there was a seperate room to accomodate for that!! :lol: Also it was way too packed,and i did hear a lot of other peeps say so too!! We all thought it should have been a ticket event of a limited number. :lol:

Guest littlemissoul

Well it was our first time at the Rolls Royce, and have to say that we were,nt to impressed with the venue itself(to clubby for our liking). The dancefloor (big yes) but it was way too slippy,and yet some were still using talc :huh: music was fine..... thumbsup.gif apart from them playing some modern in the northern room!! And yet there was a seperate room to accomodate for that!! unsure.gif Also it was way too packed,and i did hear a lot of other peeps say so too!! We all thought it should have been a ticket event of a limited number. :D

Got to agree with you on this JB was so worried about having my toes speared with a high heel boxing.gif

LMS xXx