Boogaloosoul - London - 5th April

Boogaloosoul - London

London 5th April and the 1st Saturday of every month

Playing the best in Northern Soul, RnB and Motown.

Great atmosphere from a friendly and enthusiastic crowd

This month's guests are Mick D (DKOF Peterborough) and we also see the return of Michele who used to be a regular spinner at Boogaloosoul many years ago. Welcome back Michele. Let's not forget the usual band of renegades Warren Boogaloo, Little Ian and Steve Clegg.

The Cellar Bar

King William 4th Pub and Hotel

155 Trafalgar Rd

Greenwich

SE10 9TX

Near Maze Hill BR and Greenwich Swimming Baths.

Only £5 on the door - 8.00 'till 1.00

e-mail tsuccess@dircon.co.uk or call Warren on 07838 181 375

• Replies 19
  • Views 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest MickD

Looking forward to it already ... lets see if we can gets Nogs down there again ... you know how much he enjoys it , and then you can present us with our prize for winning the motown quiz :lol:

Looking forward to it already ... lets see if we can gets Nogs down there again ... you know how much he enjoys it , and then you can present us with our prize for winning the motown quiz :thumbup:

Strueth, it's only been about 15 months. Sorry for the delay. I'll arrange a suitable prize for you both on Saturday. :wicked:

Should be a couple of us there on Saturday, Warren.

Little Ian played a couple of excellent sets for us on Saturday, so I am fully expecting a repeat performance!

Dave

Whaaaaaaat!!! I knew if we stuck by him he'd come good. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Actually he's one of the few dj's on the scene who can play lesser known underplayed tunes that you actually want to listen to.

Be good to see you on Sat Dave. Now, can you give me advance notice of when your next do is on so I can put it into my diary.

Ta

Warren

Guest Little Ian

Should be a couple of us there on Saturday, Warren.

Little Ian played a couple of excellent sets for us on Saturday, so I am fully expecting a repeat performance!

Dave

thanks dave. great nite at walls of heartache.be good to see you at boogaloo

Whaaaaaaat!!! I knew if we stuck by him he'd come good. :Dlaugh.gif

Actually he's one of the few dj's on the scene who can play lesser known underplayed tunes that you actually want to listen to.

Be good to see you on Sat Dave. Now, can you give me advance notice of when your next do is on so I can put it into my diary.

Ta

Warren

Our next night Warren is Saturday 26th April when we are running a special 'Blueskies comes to Walls of Heartache' night, where the Blueskies DJ's will be joining me behind the decks (Andy is away) all thanks to the famous Dim and Wit.

Not sure of the actual line up's yet, but will have more info closer to the date.

See you Saturday,

Dave

Our next night Warren is Saturday 26th April when we are running a special 'Blueskies comes to Walls of Heartache' night, where the Blueskies DJ's will be joining me behind the decks (Andy is away) all thanks to the famous Dim and Wit.

Not sure of the actual line up's yet, but will have more info closer to the date.

See you Saturday,

Dave

Ta Dave I'll make sure I keep this date free.

Guest Bearsy

Hi Warren :rolleyes:

sorry i wont be able to make Saturday as i have to be a parent for once in my life and take the kids and her to Tenerife for 10 days :thumbsup: i know where i would rather be but Boogaloo will be there when i get back and hopefully the missus still in Tenerife :lol:

have a goodun mate and hopefully catch up again sometime soon :lamsey:

Bearsy

Hi Warren :D

sorry i wont be able to make Saturday as i have to be a parent for once in my life and take the kids and her to Tenerife for 10 days :lol: i know where i would rather be but Boogaloo will be there when i get back and hopefully the missus still in Tenerife :lol:

have a goodun mate and hopefully catch up again sometime soon :lol:

Bearsy

Will do mate. Not much of a choice tho', is it. 10 days in Tenerife. Funnily enough was there last week on hols. If you've never been before hire yourself a car and go down to Mount Tide and up the cable car to the top. Fantastic views and very cold (minus 3 at the top) and also try driving to the Teno Lighthouse in the far North East - Breathtaking views and scary mountain roads. Alternatively you could just stay on the beach and get tanked up :lol:laugh.gif

Choices choices.

See ya when you get back

Guest Bearsy

Will do mate. Not much of a choice tho', is it. 10 days in Tenerife. Funnily enough was there last week on hols. If you've never been before hire yourself a car and go down to Mount Tide and up the cable car to the top. Fantastic views and very cold (minus 3 at the top) and also try driving to the Teno Lighthouse in the far North East - Breathtaking views and scary mountain roads. Alternatively you could just stay on the beach and get tanked up :lol::lol:

Choices choices.

See ya when you get back

Ive been there before and done them both so hoping this time for total relaxation and loads of beer and sun next to the pool :D

have a goodun mate i know a few of the Medway lot are making the journey up :lol:

catch up soon hopefully

Bearsy

Ive been there before and done them both so hoping this time for total relaxation and loads of beer and sun next to the pool :D

have a goodun mate i know a few of the Medway lot are making the journey up :lol:

catch up soon hopefully

Bearsy

Just so you know - I did the record shop in Santa Cruz just so you don't waste your time coz I did not find a sausage.

Guest Bearsy

Just so you know - I did the record shop in Santa Cruz just so you don't waste your time coz I did not find a sausage.

yeah but what do you know Warren :D

i have no chance of doing anything like that anyway :lol:

Have A Good One Warren, Hope To Get Down There Again Soon - Love The Crowd There Warm & Friendly & They Are Up For Anything - Keep @ It

JB :lol:

Guest Catfish

Hi Warren thumbsup.gif

sorry i wont be able to make Saturday as i have to be a parent for once in my life and take the kids and her to Tenerife for 10 days :) i know where i would rather be but Boogaloo will be there when i get back and hopefully the missus still in Tenerife :lol:

have a goodun mate and hopefully catch up again sometime soon :lol:

Bearsy

Have you been to the Loro Park Aquarium- that is good fun. The penguins are ace.

I am looking forward to playing my records at Boog again after my absence of 'many years'!! It's actually about 3.. but I like 'many', as it makes me sound important...and gives a sense of me having 'history' - he he!! You could say there is some, as I remember going to one of Warren's first ever nights at Spanish Galleon around 7 years ago when there was only Warren, working away on his own for the whole night. I think he had an old 8-track tape player & a cine-film projector. I said 'err, you know you don't have do do this on your own, if you'd prefer some company...there are lots of other people who collect this music-and you can get these things called 'decks' that let you play records one after the other without stopping' ;-) .. He liked this idea so hired a funk DJ called Colin.. whatever happened to Colin I wonder. However once Colin left the night found its identity a bit better.

Anyway I'm very excited and am going to go and decide what to play, and do an event thingy on Facebook.

Michele

xx

Have you been to the Loro Park Aquarium- that is good fun. The penguins are ace.

I am looking forward to playing my records at Boog again after my absence of 'many years'!! It's actually about 3.. but I like 'many', as it makes me sound important...and gives a sense of me having 'history' - he he!! You could say there is some, as I remember going to one of Warren's first ever nights at Spanish Galleon around 7 years ago when there was only Warren, working away on his own for the whole night. I think he had an old 8-track tape player & a cine-film projector. I said 'err, you know you don't have do do this on your own, if you'd prefer some company...there are lots of other people who collect this music-and you can get these things called 'decks' that let you play records one after the other without stopping' ;-) .. He liked this idea so hired a funk DJ called Colin.. whatever happened to Colin I wonder. However once Colin left the night found its identity a bit better.

Anyway I'm very excited and am going to go and decide what to play, and do an event thingy on Facebook.

Michele

xx

Memories, like the colours of my mind............

Welcome back girlie. :)

Guest Pete Bennett

See you Saturday,

Dave

Hi guys. Will see you all later. Looks like it is going to be a good one. If Chelsea Harbour wins the National the drinks are on me. If it doesn't I will need a sub off someone :thumbup:

Pete

Guest MickD

Memories, like the colours of my mind............

Welcome back girlie. :ohmy:

and have a guess who introduced herself to me last night at DKOF :lol:

so now we'll be picking up Michelle en route and coming down as a team :lol:

so no doubt we'll be able to 'discuss tactics' in the car on the way so we ensure that south london gets a right royal time of it

Sadly Nogs can't make it this time so you'll have to put the prize away again and save it for a later date :lol:

see ya around 8ish

M

Hi guys. Will see you all later. Looks like it is going to be a good one. If Chelsea Harbour wins the National the drinks are on me. If it doesn't I will need a sub off someone :ohmy:

Pete

Bad move Mr Wit (Pete),my cash is on "Backbeat" it reminds me of the old Steve G mag back in the day.

Toby..