Attic 5th April

KevH

HI,after a few missing dates (no more missing dates tho',full for 2008) we're back on the 5th April with John May. :thumbsup:

If you've not been to the Attic,come down and see what a small venue can do.

Playing Northern ,Crossover, and other neglected stuff.

Gettin a good regular crowd,great friendly atmosphere.

John May will be ably supported by the 4 Attic residents,Dean ,Steve ,Garry and myself.

It's only £3 on the door.

Starts at 7.30 thru till 12.15.Bar til 12.00 :thumbsup:

Don't be scared,,, its only Soul Music. ph34r.gif

• Replies 57
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

HI,after a few missing dates (no more missing dates tho',full for 2008) we're back on the 5th April with John May. thumbsup.gif

John May will be ably supported by the 4 Attic residents,Dean ,Steve ,Garry and myself.

Starts at 7.30 thru till 12.15.Bar til 12.00 thumbsup.gif

suppose i ought to tell you the address....

THE BLACK BULL INN

WOODHOUSE ROAD

MANSFIELD

NOTTS........................

As Delia Smith once said.................."LET'S BE 'AVIN YER"

Guest MickD

We can't be there this time guys.... booked up elsewhere.

If you haven't been to the attic before and you are into sounds that don't normally get an airing you really need to check this place out ... a magic little night

have a good un guys

M

We can't be there this time guys.... booked up elsewhere.

If you haven't been to the attic before and you are into sounds that don't normally get an airing you really need to check this place out ... a magic little night

have a good un guys

M

Thanks Mick,you may see our smiling faces at yours on Friday,after we set up at our do !!

It seems like it's been so long I can't remember timings - but I think I'm on first, nice easy spot to get back into it. Sure Kev will correct me if I'm wrong. I enjoy the first spot, it may not be as rewarding as when the place is "going proper", but it's a good chance to try out a few. Very much looking forward to John May, always interesting to see what guests play given a free hand.

Looking forward to seeing you all. Dean

HI,after a few missing dates (no more missing dates tho',full for 2008) we're back on the 5th April with John May. :thumbup:

Starts at 7.30 thru till 12.15.Bar til 12.00 :wicked:

Guest BigPaul

After the bright lights of London and Soul Revolution the Boyz are back on home turf and im pleased as punch, what with Dean taking us in dubious French Cafes wiv no handles on the Coffee mugs and Belgian Lager in vases at hugely inflated prices. Even a Bed in the venue, pity i wasnt tired :thumbsup:

Looking forward to this as always and im quite prepared to impart to fellow soulies a full account of our away day in Olde London town NSA.

Regards

Paul

Really looking forward to this one, for obvious reasons, lot's of nice tunes lined up, see you all there........ :lol:

Looking forward to hearing some of your treasures John.

Gonna be a busy Saturday, FA semi final, Grand National, new Dr Who, and John May at the Attic!

Anybody going to Rugby after the Attic pm me

Looking forward to hearing some of your treasures John.

Gonna be a busy Saturday, FA semi final, Grand National, new Dr Who, and John May at the Attic!

Anybody going to Rugby after the Attic pm me

Certainly a busy saturday planned there Dean, hope I can round things off nicely, please no quips about me being as old as Doctor Who..... :g:

Line up

7.30 - 8.30 Dean

8.30 - 9.15 Steve

9.15 - 10.00 Garry

10.00 - 11.30 John May

11.30 - end Kev

The recently named ( by a senior member of the rare soul establishment ) "Mansfield Soul Simpletons" are back in action :thumbsup:

Edited by Steve L

Line up

7.30 - 8.30 Dean

8.30 - 9.15 Steve

9.15 - 10.00 Garry

10.00 - 1.30 John May

11.30 - end Kev

The recently named ( by a senior member of the rare soul establishment ) "Mansfield Soul Simpletons" are back in action :thumbsup:

We have more names than bookings!

Line up

7.30 - 8.30 Dean :(

8.30 - 9.15 Steve :yes:

9.15 - 10.00 Garry :huh:

10.00 - 1.30 (?) John May :unsure:

11.30 - end.... Kev :ohmy:

The recently named ( by a senior member of the rare soul establishment ) "Mansfield Soul Simpletons" are back in action :sleep3:

Steve,i think Doctor John May ,will need his Time Lord status :sleep3: .

10.00 - 1.30?,,,,at £5.35 an hour?? Does that mean i'm not on? :lol: .

Will you be wanting me to do 3hr 30mins on May 3rd? :lol:

wish we could Paul :lol: .Would love a 2.00am finish. :lol:

It's a "simple" typo error(,by Steve L.).

Looks like we're coming to the Xoo Bar Friday Paul,that's the Xoo Bar. :lol:

To clear up any confusion,and so John doesn't bring a 500 box........

JOHN MAY,, 10.00 til 11.30 biggrin.gif .

Line up

7.30 - 8.30 Dean

8.30 - 9.15 Steve

9.15 - 10.00 Garry

10.00 - 11.30 John May

11.30 - end Kev

The recently named ( by a senior member of the rare soul establishment ) "Mansfield Soul Simpletons" are back in action :D

bloody hell,went in TK MAXX today,they were playing the very same set i was gonna play Saturday(Duffy,Amy,CARSTAIRS),,,,,B*stards.

Oh well back to the drawing board.

I think I've got her who must be obeyed (not) to drive me there so you Attic lads can buy my beer all night (good idea eh!)

Top Gentleman Mak, no mention of us buying the driver a relaxing soft drink! Why don't you come along a little earlier and treat her to a meal downstairs (that's my monthly plug for the pub meal in the false hope the landlord will offer a freebie!). If you get there realyy early you can collect up the flowers from the downstairs tables whilst she's in the powder room (Do we have a powder room Garry?)

Be good to see you Mak. Dean

bloody hell,went in TK MAXX today,they were playing the very same set i was gonna play Saturday(Duffy,Amy,CARSTAIRS),,,,,B*stards.

Oh well back to the drawing board.

Shame that, I was planning on making the trip up, but I'll go to TK Maxx instead unless you reconsider... :thumbsup:

Shame that, I was planning on making the trip up, but I'll go to TK Maxx instead unless you reconsider... :lol:

Are you asking Kev to reconsider his going back to the drawing board or reconsider his spot. :thumbsup: Or reconsider his choice of surfer boy T shits :lol:

Really looking forward to this as have'nt had the "Attic Fix" for a few months. Last night out before I whisk Liz away stateside for her BIG birthday !! :thumbsup: I know you lads will make it a really good night.

Mark

Does Liz like going record hunting for her birthday! We'll do our best Mark

Really looking forward to this as have'nt had the "Attic Fix" for a few months. Last night out before I whisk Liz away stateside for her BIG birthday !! :thumbsup: I know you lads will make it a really good night.

Mark

you old romantic Mark!!.Will make it a good nite,won't mention LIZ'S BIRTHDAY much on the nite :ohmy: either.Honest.

Look lad's have I upset you? Cos it seems like Gail & I will never make your venue, this time you've gone up against the big boys, Middleton & that's fighting talk where I come from, bloody good job I've moved!!!! :boxing:

Anyway as the song says, "One day your Prince will come" & when he does give us a ring & we'll come & join him. Have a gud un Lads & who knows, "One day we'll be together". :thumbsup:

Take care, be safe & keep an eye on't Big Fella Kev,

Spot. :P

Look lad's have I upset you? Cos it seems like Gail & I will never make your venue, this time you've gone up against the big boys, Middleton & that's fighting talk where I come from, bloody good job I've moved!!!! :P

Anyway as the song says, "One day your Prince will come" & when he does give us a ring & we'll come & join him. Have a gud un Lads & who knows, "One day we'll be together". :thumbsup:

Spot. :lol:

You'll make it one day spot I'm sure, not to worry - see ya soon mate :boxing:

Looking forward to seeing the Attic Boys on Saturday as well as Friday at DKOF. You boys got back ok then from your trip to London. I told you the streets arn't paved with gold!

I might even be up early on the Saturday - looking forward to hearing John May.

Look lad's have I upset you? Cos it seems like Gail & I will never make your venue, this time you've gone up against the big boys, Middleton & that's fighting talk where I come from, bloody good job I've moved!!!! :P

Anyway as the song says, "One day your Prince will come" & when he does give us a ring & we'll come & join him. Have a gud un Lads & who knows, "One day we'll be together". whistling.gif

Spot. :D

sure you'll make it soon Spot n Gail.But we ain't gone up against Middleton,that would be very silly :D .We just happen to be on the same date.Know what you mean tho'.

Don't need looking after Spot!,its me who looks after the others (as i used to say at Goose Green). :D

Have a good weekend ,see you soon ,,KEV. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the Attic Boys on Saturday as well as Friday at DKOF. You boys got back ok then from your trip to London. I told you the streets arn't paved with gold!

I might even be up early on the Saturday - looking forward to hearing John May.

You were right Ray,no gold whatsoever.Couple of 5p's but nowt else.Really enjoyed the nite in London ,tell you more at the XOO BAR Friday.That's the XOO BAR PETERBORO'.(DKOF). thumbsup.gif

cool.gif All by myself, I'm setting up all by myself :yes:

Steve and Kev are off to DKoF with Big Paul (sorry can't make it, got to work tomorrow, need child care cover for that so can't get cover tonight, which is just wrong as I suggested going). Garrrrry can't make it because he's tired!!!

I'll try not to set fire to the place with the hot tunes I'm taking down, gonna let my daughter play a set whilst I dance.

See you all tomorrow. By the way check out Mark's burtonsoul link a few posts above - top 3D graphics, or is it my eyes!

Quick edit - https://www.soul-source.co.uk/redirec...oulinburton.com oh! thought it would copy the link www.soulinburton.com but you get the idea

Edited by Dean

cool.gif All by myself, I'm setting up all by myself :)

Steve and Kev are off to DKoF with Big Paul (sorry can't make it, got to work tomorrow, need child care cover for that so can't get cover tonight, which is just wrong as I suggested going).

Garrrrry can't make it because he's tired!!!

I'll try not to set fire to the place with the hot tunes I'm taking down, gonna let my daughter play a set whilst I dance.

See you all tomorrow. By the way check out Mark's burtonsoul link a few posts above - top 3D graphics, or is it my eyes!

Quick edit - https://www.soul-source.co.uk/redirec...oulinburton.com oh! thought it would copy the link www.soulinburton.com but you get the idea

FUNNY HOW GARRY'S NOT TIRED WHEN THERE'S A NITER ON!!!ONLY WHEN ITS TIME TO SET UP THE F*CKIN EQUIPMENT.

thanks for setting up Dean,you're a real gent(cheque's in the post).

Ironing me socks ready for the journey to Peterbroro with Big Paul and Steve "tom tom" Lydon. thumbsup.gif

HI,after a few missing dates (no more missing dates tho',full for 2008) we're back on the 5th April with John May. :)

Starts at 7.30 thru till 12.15.Bar til 12.00 thumbsup.gif

Don't be scared,,, its only Soul Music. :lol:

Look lad's have I upset you? Cos it seems like Gail & I will never make your venue, this time you've gone up against the big boys, Middleton & that's fighting talk where I come from, bloody good job I've moved!!!! :lol:

Anyway as the song says, "One day your Prince will come" & when he does give us a ring & we'll come & join him. Have a gud un Lads & who knows, "One day we'll be together". :)

Spot. :lol:

IMO Pete the Big Boys venues aren't always the best from a music point of view, admitted I've never been to Middleton and will get there one day but we like to hear underplayed quality soul all night without having to move from room to room which is what you get with Kev,Steve,Gary,Dean and top guest month after month so we will be getting our soul fix for Saturday Night at The Attic.

Seems ages since we saw Big Paul and you lot so looking forward to it.

See you Saturday

Paul & Sue thumbsup.gif:lol:

Struth....Looks like from the activity on this thread it's going to be a busy one !, Better be on my best behavior ( as per usual ) :ohmy: .....Records sorted, some new additions to spin tonight also, looking forward to it, might pop up to Middleton later on.

JM

Struth....Looks like from the activity on this thread it's going to be a busy one !, Better be on my best behavior ( as per usual ) :ohmy: .....Records sorted, some new additions to spin tonight also, looking forward to it, might pop up to Middleton later on.

JM

have a good one john

see you soon

mark

Struth....Looks like from the activity on this thread it's going to be a busy one !, Better be on my best behavior ( as per usual ) wink.gif .....Records sorted, some new additions to spin tonight also, looking forward to it, might pop up to Middleton later on.

JM

wouldn't expect anything less John.Roll on 7.30.

Just had me beauty sleep,15 mins.Any one who knows me will know that's plenty for me :ohmy: .

Counting down now ,seems like such a long time since John Poole was on in FEB.

BRING IT ON :shades: