Double Cookin! Soul In Dublin

Paul Davis here, formerly of the Dublin Soul Club, now doing the (once in a while) Soul Inc. I'm putting on a night in July featuring Irish DJs who've been knocking around the scene here forever, all double decking to raise money for a very worthy cause and, of course, have a cracking night!

It's in the Royal Dublin Hotel, O'Connell Street, which is Dublin's main street. You couldn't really get much more central!

From 8pm to 2am, admission is 7 Euro or 10 with a 30 track CD compiled by the DJs on the night who are:

Jimmy Mac & Harpo

Joe Moran & Brian Dunne

Tony Hanlon & Rory Carey

Ross & Paul Duffy

Ray O'Reilly & Paul Davis

All the lads have been DJing and running clubs here since the 80s and some have DJd at clubs in the UK so may be known to some of you.

The charity in question is the Jack And Jill Childrens Foundation which raises much needed funds to provide 24 hour care for babies born with severe developmental difficulties. More info on the charity here: www.jackandjill.ie

It'll be a great night and the whole double decking thing is something just a little bit different so hopefully, we'll see some visitors from the UK. We've a great reputation here with the Manchester, Cheshire and North Wales soulies who were regular visitors to the Dublin Soul Club in the 90s. If any of you are reading this, it would be great to see you back!

For more info, contact Paul Davis on 00 353 86 889 9449 or email me at:

dublinsoulclub@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers

Paul

post-11021-1206463011_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 13
  • Views 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted Images

Guest Mrs Simsy

Thanks! thumbup.gif I look forward to seeing you. Drop me a line if you can make it, address and phone number above.

Paul

Will do. :P

I have friends in Kildare who would really enjoy this aswell so i'll let them know about it, sure they'll come! :ohmy:

Guest andyrattigan

Should be a good one this. If I am in Ireland at the time I will make it. Some great DJs in the line up and all for a good cause. thumbsup.gif

Have booked the days off work! See who else we can round up! :thumbsup:

Thanks! Hopefully we can get a few over from the UK. Should be a good night with a good crowd (hopefully :) )

Guest Mrs Simsy

Thanks! Hopefully we can get a few over from the UK. Should be a good night with a good crowd (hopefully :thumbsup: )

Well PR is my middle name! :) Am sure it'll be a cracking night! :D

Guest Mrs Simsy

Which one are you in the avatar?

That actually IS me in mine (well people think I'm a grumpy old sod so it may as well be!) :lol:

The one with the glasses!

Should we actually call you Steptoe then? :ohmy::lol: