Soulful Shack - Friday 4th April

We are back for our 3rd night and really looking forward to it :yes:

Carrying on from the quality line up of last month, we have another fantastic set of DJs to play you some quality sounds

Dean Mitchell - A guy I have known for years and travelled to many nighters with ( I remember the caravanette well ! :huh: ). A local promoter and DJ for years and well known for the quality of his collection and a top bloke :lol:

Jane - One of the Sunshine Girls who do fantastic work for charity. Taff tells me that her collection is way better than his and he did a cracking spot last month. So I am expecting to be glowing by the end from the brilliance of the spot ( I'll be bringing my own oil :D )

And Mr Johnny Fingers who has promised some special tunes for the evening. He's well known for his collection, friendliness and for being a great guy. :yes: I've never heard one of his spots just been told mythical tales, in hazy meeting places, from the wise old sages of the scene,(ok, outside niters having a fag), who have all peered into the future and foretold a spot of epic quality and content. :lol: Dont think I have gone over the top do you Johnny?? whistling.gif

Finally filling in there will be me and waffling Mike Hawkins, who never uses 1 word when 10 will do ( Only Joking ). One of the most passionate people about his music I think I have ever met

So if you are fed up of hearing the same old tunes and want to hear some real quality 60's soul, R&B and a bit of Popcorn come and give us a listen, I dont think you will be disappointed.

Come and make this a very special evening, Me, Mike and the other DJs will be doing our bit but need you to create that very special atmosphere. :D:lol:thumbup.gif

• Replies 25
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Jane - One of the Sunshine Girls who do fantastic work for charity. Taff tells me that her collection is way better than his and he did a cracking spot last month. So I am expecting to be glowing by the end from the brilliance of the spot ( I'll be bringing my own oil :thumbsup: )

Really hope to get to this one, especially to support our Jane.

Suzy xx

We are back for our 3rd night and really looking forward to it

Carrying on from the quality line up of last month, we have another fantastic set of DJs to play you some quality sounds

Dean Mitchell - A guy I have known for years and travelled to many nighters with ( I remember the caravanette well ! ). A local promoter and DJ for years and well known for the quality of his collection and a top bloke

Jane - One of the Sunshine Girls who do fantastic work for charity. Taff tells me that her collection is way better than his and he did a cracking spot last month. So I am expecting to be glowing by the end from the brilliance of the spot ( I'll be bringing my own oil :lol: )

And Mr Johnny Fingers who has promised some special tunes for the evening. He's well known for his collection, friendliness and for being a great guy. :lol: I've never heard one of his spots just been told mythical tales, in hazy meeting places, from the wise old sages of the scene,(ok, outside niters having a fag), who have all peered into the future and foretold a spot of epic quality and content. Dont think I have gone over the top do you Johnny?? :thumbsup:

Finally filling in there will be me and waffling Mike Hawkins, who never uses 1 word when 10 will do ( Only Joking ). One of the most passionate people about his music I think I have ever met

So if you are fed up of hearing the same old tunes and want to hear some real quality 60's soul, R&B and a bit of Popcorn come and give us a listen, I dont think you will be disappointed.

Come and make this a very special evening, Me, Mike and the other DJs will be doing our bit but need you to create that very special atmosphere. :D:lol:

HiYa steve, thanks for the build up, no pressure there at all :lol: . Looking forward to being on the decks:. Will be able to a little dance but not too much as ankle is still healing, serious ligament damage!!!!!!! Hope your better, saw Billy & Netty this week and they told us you have been Poorly Aah!!

So COME ON FOLKS, get your backsides up to the Phoenix Bar, for a night of STOMPING TUNES, FRIENDLY FOLKS, BIG DANCE FLOOR!!! what more can you ask for.

See you all there,

Jane x

Edited by shaunthesheep

HiYa steve, thanks for the build up, no pressure there at all :lol: . Looking forward to being on the decks, and making you glow :lol: LOL :D Will be able to a little dance but not too much as ankle is still healing, serious ligament damage!!!!!!! Hope your better, saw Billy & Netty this week and they told us you have been Poorly Aah!!

So COME ON FOLKS, get your backsides up to the Phoenix Bar, for a night of STOMPING TUNES, FRIENDLY FOLKS, BIG DANCE FLOOR!!! what more can you ask for.

See you all there,

Jane x

Jane - One of the Sunshine Girls who do fantastic work for charity. Taff tells me that her collection is way better than his and he did a cracking spot last month. So I am expecting to be glowing by the end from the brilliance of the spot ( I'll be bringing my own oil :thumbsup: )

Really hope to get to this one, especially to support our Jane.

Suzy xx

Thanks Suzy, My whole set is DEDICATED to you and I know if you can't make it ,you will be thinking of me, ( thank god Jane's up north, a bit of piece and quiet in the midlands) :lol::lol:

This is 1 of the best nights on the scene, Steve & Mike willing to take a chance and let mere mortals play tunes they have in their box's and it BLOODY WORKS!!!!!.

A Top Night.

Jane x

HiYa steve, thanks for the build up, no pressure there at all :ohmy: . Looking forward to being on the decks,; Will be able to a little dance but not too much as ankle is still healing, serious ligament damage!!!!!!! Hope your better, saw Billy & Netty this week and they told us you have been Poorly Aah!!

See you all there,

Jane x

Have a good night Jane behind them wheels of steel :wicked: sorry can,t be there to support you,as you know we got our own do on this night (Queen Mary.......Dudley....... plug plug :lol::D ) :yes: so all the best i,m sure you,ll do the buisness. After all yow am a Sunshine Girl :lol:

JB xxxx

Thanks JB,

Hope your Night at the QUEEN MARY BALLROOM goes well and be careful of those post on the dance floor, banged into them many at time while dancing. :lol: .

Jane x

Edited by shaunthesheep

Thanks Ste..I think.

Ditto to all of Ste's comments...I for one am really looking forward to the 4th April and the line up we have...there's gonna be some fantastic music with a good variety of 60's soul RnB and popcorn.

Jane....So it's your ankle that you have done in...i hope its healing quickly for you chicken..see you both on Friday.

Bringing that little ray of sunshine girl!! :lol:

Johnny fingers...looking forward to having you here, and your box/s of goodies. I hope you enjoy yourself!! good old 60's soul music..really appreciate you travelling up this end to play your tunes... :D

Dean...not sure if you come on soulsource but either way, appreciate you doing a spot for us, and am really looking forward to hearing it. :D

Come and give us a whirl..gonna be some TOP Music!!! :lol:

I think it was the Sapphires that sang "Where is Johnny?" :P

Like all 'serious athletes' (DJ's) Steve, the 'pre-race preperation' (meditation or, period of waiting for the brown stained grundies to, once more, remain unblemished) is just as important as (and helps determine the outcome of) the 'performance'. (Well, apparently.. ?? So's I've bin told, at any rate!.. I er.. think ?? :huh: )

Still a bit smelly round here, but with a splash of Brut on the night, I should be sweet as a rose. whistling.gif

Time these past few days (& instead of rambling on SS) has been dedicated to sorting thru my boxes - to select likely candidates for the impending tasks involved in achieving the successful deliverence of their respective messages, (and the undeniable acceptence) of the Unquestionable Quality content of each & every single prophecy revealed. Assisted most dutifly by the ably, (so quickly eager, and now so willingly) humble, & trusty Servants - found in the Resident Venue Turntables. And, urm.. NO !?! The prospect of these looming spotlight moments is not, at all, nerve-racking..!! Mmm - I alway's bite my nails - Honest ! See.. ?? )

With three spots over next Friday 4 April (yep, yours..) & Sat 5 (first, Stafford Rangers FC, and then a dash up to Manchester for the 'Willingham Suite' - at the Middleton A/N ) - with each being, almost entirely, a contrast to the others.. I've had to de-cobweb this poor excuse for a brain I possess, and commit it to the (unfamiliar, to say the least) challenge of 'work' !! :ohmy:

Just hope my choices meet with the expected demands of those: 'particularly particular soulies', parting with their hard-earned spondoolies in exchange for and (rightly so) expecting a good night of entertainment. :unsure: Mmmmm..

Hold up.. 'En-ter-tain-ment'. That's it !! EUREKA !! Entertainment !!

Well, I mean.. that's EASY then.. ain't it !! - if all it commands is for being Entertaining.. be a 'P**s In The Park' for me - A Doddle !! :lol:

I mean, What !! is gonna be more entertaining.. than watching some geezer, seriously lacking in digits - to both hands.. trying to juggle discs of 'Rare Soul Vinyl' on to a TINY little spindle.. in the middle of a turntable.. !! :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Only joking, of course !! Such nonsense.. I (quite naturally) utilise another (ahem: er.. 'amply available') part of my anatomy instead, to assist in the incident-free, & correct placement (OI !! Watch it.. !! there's nothing wrong with 'Big Noses'!) of the aforementioned 7" Slabs, of 'Soul Music Supreme' !!

You know.. all them ones that's been just 'sitting there' biding their time.. and ever so 'Un-Humanly' but very patiently, awaiting 'THE COMING' !! The so-long promised, and so eagerly awaited, moment of telling exposure !! Fruition of all that (seemingly, never ending) time in seclusion. Constantly promised, and forever reminded, of the unbelievable rich levels of 'Status', & automatic command of 'Due Respect', their exposed new surroundings will so quickly bestow upon them as they indefatigably continue on with their ultimate 'Quest of Inevitable Destiny'. Told again, and again, of the awaiting rewards - the types reserved ONLY for those of the required calibre necessary in successfully achieving the inevitable results of a state of Complete, Total, and 'Unconditional' acceptance of the blindingly obvious... 'THE TRUTH' of their demonstrated 'Class Power' !!

If you know what I mean.. that is !??!

Not many sleeps now boysies & girlsies... I'm just soooo excited !! and Can't Wait !! Oops.. !! 'scuse me while I go change my underwear.. (AGAIN !!)

Fingers..

Guest Pete Griffin

Bad news for you guys, im coming :lol: and without my tissues this time laugh.gif

2 requests if possible

The Turbans - the damage is done

Billy bland - my heart is on fire

Cant wait

Pete Griff

Boogaloo Radio link

Edited by Pete Griffin

Like all 'serious athletes' (DJ's) Steve, the 'pre-race preperation' (meditation or, period of waiting for the brown stained grundies to, once more, remain unblemished) is just as important as (and helps determine the outcome of) the 'performance'. (Well, apparently.. ?? So's I've bin told, at any rate!.. I er.. think ?? :huh: )

Still a bit smelly round here, but with a splash of Brut on the night, I should be sweet as a rose. whistling.gif

Time these past few days (& instead of rambling on SS) has been dedicated to sorting thru my boxes - to select likely candidates for the impending tasks involved in achieving the successful deliverence of their respective messages, (and the undeniable acceptence) of the Unquestionable Quality content of each & every single prophecy revealed. Assisted most dutifly by the ably, (so quickly eager, and now so willingly) humble, & trusty Servants - found in the Resident Venue Turntables. And, urm.. NO !?! The prospect of these looming spotlight moments is not, at all, nerve-racking..!! Mmm - I alway's bite my nails - Honest ! See.. ?? )

With three spots over next Friday 4 April (yep, yours..) & Sat 5 (first, Stafford Rangers FC, and then a dash up to Manchester for the 'Willingham Suite' - at the Middleton A/N ) - with each being, almost entirely, a contrast to the others.. I've had to de-cobweb this poor excuse for a brain I possess, and commit it to the (unfamiliar, to say the least) challenge of 'work' !! :ohmy:

Just hope my choices meet with the expected demands of those: 'particularly particular soulies', parting with their hard-earned spondoolies in exchange for and (rightly so) expecting a good night of entertainment. :unsure: Mmmmm..

Hold up.. 'En-ter-tain-ment'. That's it !! EUREKA !! Entertainment !!

Well, I mean.. that's EASY then.. ain't it !! - if all it commands is for being Entertaining.. be a 'P**s In The Park' for me - A Doddle !! :lol:

I mean, What !! is gonna be more entertaining.. than watching some geezer, seriously lacking in digits - to both hands.. trying to juggle discs of 'Rare Soul Vinyl' on to a TINY little spindle.. in the middle of a turntable.. !! :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Only joking, of course !! Such nonsense.. I (quite naturally) utilise another (ahem: er.. 'amply available') part of my anatomy instead, to assist in the incident-free, & correct placement (OI !! Watch it.. !! there's nothing wrong with 'Big Noses'!) of the aforementioned 7" Slabs, of 'Soul Music Supreme' !!

You know.. all them ones that's been just 'sitting there' biding their time.. and ever so 'Un-Humanly' but very patiently, awaiting 'THE COMING' !! The so-long promised, and so eagerly awaited, moment of telling exposure !! Fruition of all that (seemingly, never ending) time in seclusion. Constantly promised, and forever reminded, of the unbelievable rich levels of 'Status', & automatic command of 'Due Respect', their exposed new surroundings will so quickly bestow upon them as they indefatigably continue on with their ultimate 'Quest of Inevitable Destiny'. Told again, and again, of the awaiting rewards - the types reserved ONLY for those of the required calibre necessary in successfully achieving the inevitable results of a state of Complete, Total, and 'Unconditional' acceptance of the blindingly obvious... 'THE TRUTH' of their demonstrated 'Class Power' !!

If you know what I mean.. that is !??!

Not many sleeps now boysies & girlsies... I'm just soooo excited !! and Can't Wait !! Oops.. !! 'scuse me while I go change my underwear.. (AGAIN !!)

Fingers..

WOW - Can't wait to meet you :P

Will you be bringing a translator with you on Friday????? :P

I have read your post several times now and I still dont understand it :g:whistling.gif

Does that mean poor old Kenny will be chaufferring you up the length and breadth of the country for 3 days :no::g::D

Look forward to seeing you Friday by the way did I mention that each visiting DJ has to leave a box behind for me and Mike to look after until they appear again :(:D

Hi Steve & Mike,

All ready for tomorrow night, have sorted my set out :thumbsup: and I hope you are both fit and well because most of my tunes are mid to up tempo. Looking forward to being back up north again at the Souful Shack, and this time i can dance all night. :ohmy:

See you both tomorrow.

Jane & Taf