What Is The Name Of The Artist And The Song?

Hi!

My fist post here, have waited a long time to come in till' this forum but now im here and finally can ask my question.

I got a radiochannel on my tv, it's a UK radiochannel called "music choice" and they play all kind of music (rock to rnb).

For a couple of days ago I was listin to their soul channel that they have (they play new and old, marvin gaye to betty lavette), and they played a song that I loved so much BUT the problem is that I don't know what the song or artist name is...

I saved a couple of words in my head that she was singin, in the beginning she was talking about "Somepeople says that we are god's children", then she says something about her neighborhood and call it the ghetto... When she is singin she was singin something about mothers who robbing/stealing from other mothers. The song was very deep.

I have search on google many times now, I have contacted the tv/radio station "Music Choice", but I didnt get a answer from them, so I joined their website and was readin on their Faq's and they was saying that they have a playlist for the UK's, Americans and some other country's... Problem is that im not from UK or America.

So please, someone help me. Drivin me crazy when I dont know the name...

Excuse me for my bad english :rolleyes:

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

from memory sounds like it could be marlena shaw 'woman of the ghetto', the live version?

It wasnt that song... But that song you tips me about was good... Someone else who maybe know the song?

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Hi!

I saved a couple of words in my head that she was singin, in the beginning she was talking about "Somepeople says that we are god's children", then she says something about her neighborhood and call it the ghetto... When she is singin she was singin something about mothers who robbing/stealing from other mothers. The song was very deep.

It's a Millie Jackson track, cannot think which one right now though..... maybe "Child of God" ???

Social source share

It's a Millie Jackson track, cannot think which one right now though..... maybe "Child of God" ???

Yeah! You got it! Thank you so much! Haha, drivin me nuts when I didnt know the song or the artist.

PEACE!

(this is a great forum!)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert