Dundee Anniversary

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I'll guarantee Ali can't remember his playlist !! i can confirm one of his records played - Little Sonny Wade in the Water - cos I've got it, in case your worried Ali. You locked your box before the last record played out......

Anyway, big thanks to everybody who travelled to dundee and supported us in this new venue. Generaly everbody likes it so watch out for future dates.

cheers

alan

hi guys.

had a great nite,fiona enjoyed it also.

music & venue just the ticket.

nice to see ali out & about,even in that state :lol: .

go yourself m8.

expected to see more local soulies but you cant force people to come & have a good time.

shall deffo be @ next 1.

cherrs steve.

Guest soulfularab

It was a great night in a decent new venue, really strange getting a lift into a venue though !

shame about the clash with the other event along the road (200 yards away !?! :wicked: ) but hopefully quality will win through, really enjoying the CD over last few days. Was good to see quite a few people there who were at their first soul night.

Great set from Keith Money to round the night off, had the dancefloor bouncing. Looking forward to the next one already.

:thumbup:

Thanks for all the positive comments :lol: Looks like we've found a new home :lol:

soulmac.

AM I allowed to dream that I am back in gennas John

Can we call it gennas II or Gennas forever :lol:

Satchmo is dead and so is Satchmos

Long Live the new venue

One complaint - WE need a big stool for Ali so he can reach the decks instead of employing a Butler to put his records on the deck. (Posh GIT!)

Plus also if He has as much to drink as he did last Friday he will fall off and break his neck and then we can all nick his records! :lol:biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Great Spots by the Guests djs Shug & Keith

Guest 45s and 33s

There's a def lot to be said for sobriety. :D Thanks to Alan for helping me out behind the decks, Mr Ecclescake for putting up with my cheek (great sounds btw), Butch for picking up the pieces and Melv for the lift. As for the set ... I think these records "may" have featured at some point during the set (though def not in this particular order) - then again I may have just stuck on the 12" mega-mix of Joe 90 for all i know :D ...

The Epsilons - Mad at the world - Shrine

J T Sears & The Rowbux - Walking down main street - Boone

Jimmy Radcliffe - The show must go on - A Shroeder Music acetate

Gwen Owens - Mystery of love - REM

Unknown - Hard row to hoe - MBS acetate

Joe Cuba Sextet - Sock it to me - Tico

Cindy Scott & The Persianettes - I got news - Mirasound acetate

The Sapphires - The slow fizz - Bell Sound acetate

The Cooperettes - Everything's wrong - Virtue acetate

Mary Johnson - These tears - Foxy

Tammy James - That's fat jack - New World

Lord Thunder - Chaos - c/up

Barbara Randolph(?) - I've got a feeling (very alt take) - Hitsville Sound Studio acetate

John Bowie - You're gonna miss a good thing baby - Merben

Tony Clarke - Wrong man - MS

Kurt Harris - Emperor of my baby's heart - Diamond

Johnny Mae Mathews - I have no choice - Big Hit.

Thanks again to everybody who supported us and who made it such a great night @ The City Function Suite - if John's ideas for the next night go according to plan - it's gonna be even better!!

Ali

Thanks again to everybody who supported us and who made it such a great night @ The City Function Suite - if John's ideas for the next night go according to plan - it's gonna be even better!!

Ali

Next night Friday 30th May for the Scottish Soul Stramash :thumbsup: ... Details to follow.

soulmac.

no matter the venue the music the guys are playing is just magic going to be away for the next 4 months so thanks for last friday and see you when i get back are you guys up for a knighthood yet for your services to soul in dundee and scotland :yes::yes::lol:

still the best club ive been to soulfully kieran

Next night Friday 30th May for the Scottish Soul Stramash :lol: ... Details to follow.

soulmac.

May 30th will be a Scottish Soul Club Showcase :):lol:

Featuring

Spiders Web (Edinburgh)

Aberdeen (Real Deal) Soul Club

Hibs Club (Edinburgh)

Bonnyrigg Soul Club

Dundee City Soul Club

Will post dj's when confirmed.

soulmac.

Edited by soulmac

May 30th will be a Scottish Soul Club Showcase :wicked::ohmy:

Featuring

Spiders Web (Edinburgh)

Aberdeen (Real Deal) Soul Club

Hibs Club (Edinburgh)

Bonnyrigg Soul Club

Dundee City Soul Club

Will post dj's when confirmed.

soulmac.

Spiders Web (Edinburgh) - George Wallace and Shug Robertson

Aberdeen (Real Deal) Soul Club - Steve Riddell and Tubbs

Hibs Club (Edinburgh) - Jim Sim and Paul Clark

Bonnyrigg Soul Club - Lenny Toshack and Brian Scott

soulmac.

OI

you tryin to tell me Im not wanted or summink :rolleyes::thumbsup: the real deal is not a two man show.. :yes: .

or is there just no room for another fat guy behind the decks. :thumbup::shades:

hope to make it mate..If im at home I will take Lynda down to TK MAXX and slip in a soulnight..

best gasher

Guest 45s and 33s

hope to make it mate..If im at home I will take Lynda down to TK MAXX and slip in a soulnight..

best gasher

TK Maxx? - Last of the big spenders :):thumbup:tongue.gif

Ali

you know me too well Ali cant buy records and fancy clothes for her eh?

priorities mate

not sayin much on the celtic front for a while are we..

youll be expecting a win on wednesday too...

I hear Neil Lennon has been described as the first ever RAT to jump on to a sinking ship

haha

best gasher

• 2 weeks later...

you know me too well Ali cant buy records and fancy clothes for her eh?

priorities mate

not sayin much on the celtic front for a while are we..

youll be expecting a win on wednesday too...

I hear Neil Lennon has been described as the first ever RAT to jump on to a sinking ship

haha

best gasher

Ive just come back from Rome and hear that rangers are 2nd in the league-is that true Gasher ?