Does Anyone Still Collect Cd's?

Pete S

Just asking because I've got a big collection of cd's I have to sell (about 400) but it's mainly 70's soul, funk, rare groove, that sort of thing. Lots of Curtis Mayfield, Impressions too. Expansion label, stacks of Motown. Will either sell as a job lot at a quid apiece maybe or ebay them one at a time. Is it worth me doing a list, or are cd's dead and gone now?

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just asking because I've got a big collection of cd's I have to sell (about 400) but it's mainly 70's soul, funk, rare groove, that sort of thing. Lots of Curtis Mayfield, Impressions too. Expansion label, stacks of Motown. Will either sell as a job lot at a quid apiece maybe or ebay them one at a time. Is it worth me doing a list, or are cd's dead and gone now?

I'd be interested in the Motown CD's Pete, got a list of them ?

Chris L

Social source share

Pete, I got shot of about 400 CD's recently to a shop, got about 2 quid each for them pretty sure you will sell the good titles for a little more but a lot of time listing em' for little return.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Yeah thats what I was thinking Mark. I've never even heard of several of the artists: leon ware, cunnie williams, maysa leak, donell jones, najee, rasputin stash etc etc...though there's obviously a lot I do know: barbara randolph, curtis, etta james, david ruffin, tower of power, spinners, john edwards, delfonics, leroy hutson, and so on. 15 or so compilations, all sorts. At least on ebay, if you put the barcode number in it automatically does the artwork and track listring for you.

Social source share

Put me down for a list Pete!

I collect CD's (as well as vinyl) because I like having pristine digital copies at all times plus it's handy for my work, so I'd love to have a look at 'em.

I think CD's will become as collectible as vinyl in years to come. The quality is generally far superior to any music files you can download, you have the sleevenotes and booklet for reference and it beats having to wear out your original vinyl copies, which should be preserved for posterity!

So let's see the list 'cos I collect 'em with a vengeance right now!

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert