Troy Dodds

Guest SteveJohnston

Guest SteveJohnston

Troy Dodds - try my love/the real thing

Can anyone tell me if this as been played out?

I can't recall ever earring this in my life; I got home Sunday from picking a stock copy up and played the flip of "Try my love" it just left me thinking :D why the flipping heck as this side not gone big in it's own right! :thumbsup: I not saying its better then TML but it's more than worth a spin out and the more I played this the more I like it just awesome from this master of soul! IMO. yes.gif

Steve

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest SteveJohnston

It has been tried on various scenes. A very powerful piece of music which, over the years, I've come to actually prefer to Try My Love.

I can see why you can prefer this to Try my love, I played it over the phone to a mate of mine last night he loved it! and now i can't get it out of my head :thumbsup: .........Hey if you have to have a track wizzing round your head you would not get much better than this one, "powerful" you are not kidding hypo.gif . Would loved a crack at this one on the dance floor when i was younger :D

Steve

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Yes I have,

From memory, although I know I've read it somewhere, when the record was originally played both sides where played as cover ups (I'm sure Dave Thorley was one of the DJs) by different DJs

Dave all ways a man of great taste :ohmy: ....................thats all the creeping done now :unsure:

Any chance you would put this into you spot at Rugby on Saturday night mate :huh:

Steve

Social source share

Yes I have,

From memory, although I know I've read it somewhere, when the record was originally played both sides where played as cover ups (I'm sure Dave Thorley was one of the DJs) by different DJs

Can't remember that Dave, just remember TML being the sound at main venues. Colin Law did play TRT at later stages a few times but it was well uncovered by then, can't actually remember it ever being covered up but somedays can't remember my middle name so it more than likely was covered up, anyone confirm!

Social source share

Troy Dodds - try my love/the real thing

Can anyone tell me if this as been played out?

I can't recall ever earring this in my life; I got home Sunday from picking a stock copy up and played the flip of "Try my love" it just left me thinking :D why the flipping heck as this side not gone big in it's own right! g.gif I not saying its better then TML but it's more than worth a spin out and the more I played this the more I like it just awesome from this master of soul! IMO. :D

Steve

has been played quite a bit on the mod scene. I bought it for that side, wasn't bothered at all about 'try my love', and still not.

we play it the Pow wow club (Sheffield april 19th :D:D )

Social source share

Dave all ways a man of great taste wink.gif ....................thats all the creeping done now :thumbsup:

Any chance you would put this into you spot at Rugby on Saturday night mate :D

Steve

Oooh I don't know about that :lol:

Yes of course I will, but you will have to come and remind me, once I've had a few beers, any requests made three days early will have reached the rubbish bin part of my brain :lol::lol:

Social source share

'has been played quite a bit on the mod scene. I bought it for that side, wasn't bothered at all about 'try my love', and still not.'

I'm the opposite, used to hear 'The Real Thing' a lot at Shotgun but now 'Try My Love' is the better side for me. TRH is defintely the more mod interesting side. A great 45 whatever way you look at it really.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!