Friends Of Bruce Gray And Special Memory Of Sylvia Croasdell

Guest kid mohair

Guest kid mohair

THE FRIENDS OF BRUCE GRAY CHARITY SOUL NIGHT.

THIS YEAR IS IN SPECIAL MEMORY OF SYLVIA CROASDELL,

A TRUE PRINCESS TO THE SOUL SCENE, LOVED BY MANY AND GREATLY MISSED.

THIS IS A CHARITY EVENT AND ALWAYS PULLS IN THE CROWDS, WITH A COMPLETE MIX OF DJS, EXPECT TO HEAR SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE, ALL DETAILS ARE BELOW HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT.....ANDY.

8PM TIL 2AM WITH VERY LATE BAR... beer.gif

• Replies 43
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is an event that Sylv went to regularly and she in fact ran it for a couple of years. Charlotte and Will thought it would be a great idea to combine the memorial with our much missed friend Bruce and the Gray family have very kindly let us continue the memorials together; as well as focusing on the first anniversary of Sylvia's death this year.

It's nothing too formal just a great soul night in the family's home town with many of our friends and soul friends with us. It does traditionally get quite busy, I'm sure this year will be no exception.

I'm looking forward to this night its always a great atmosphere and we always have a good time :thumbsup:

Edited by Gina
Guest kid mohair

always a top night carnt wait thumbsup.gif

i hear you've been buying lots of tunes, :lol: so's andrew, hes got some absolute corkers, hope they go down well at harborough :lol: gina xx

just realised i'm logged on as andrew :)

Edited by kid mohair

is there a vinyl anonymous ? :) i think im addicted :thumbsup:

I think there should be one, you should all sit round in a circle and say your names, with hand in air and admit what you have bought.

I would make sure Andrew :thumbup: was there :P:thumbup::D:lol:

Guest kid mohair

I think there should be one, you should all sit round in a circle and say your names, with hand in air and admit what you have bought.

I would make sure Andrew :thumbsup: was there :ohmy::thumbsup::P:P

Nooooooooo way ohzay.... :thumbsup:

One week to go :rolleyes:

I cant wait loads and loads of feedback on this event its gonna be a packer and a great atmospher is guaranteed. All money raised is being donated to cancer research, so come on do your best to attend and do your bit, this event is always popular so expect a big crowd.

Is anyone else planning on coming along too? You wont be disappointed.

I cant wait loads and loads of feedback on this event its gonna be a packer and a great atmospher is guaranteed. All money raised is being donated to cancer research, so come on do your best to attend and do your bit, this event is always popular so expect a big crowd.

Bobbit you appear to have hit the 'report' button on that post. No biggie.

Could you post an intro for us please (as expected) in the intro shouts section.

Cheers,

Ian.

Good looking do btw. :rolleyes:

Guest aaaaa

theres a few of us coming up from essex, hotels are booked,so all systems are go ,it will be my first time at this venue so looking forward to it :rolleyes:

Guest kid mohair

theres a few of us coming up from essex, hotels are booked,so all systems are go ,it will be my first time at this venue so looking forward to it :D

Excellent make yourselves known, i will be the one playing rnb and a touch of ska along with northern and motown....well really trying to keep up with the rest , bloody hell its gonna be good, had a few calls for various things :D gonna try and put a few sound bites up for whats in store :rolleyes: from me,so if you can make it :lol::lol::D if not be good... rolleyes.gif Andy.

Guest kid mohair

That's a lot of hotel rooms booked in Harboro that night. It won't have been so busy since last harvest.

I hear you get a nice breakfast at elm drive........... :shades:

I'm coming, along with my sister Bev and her Shrewsbury boyfriend! Always had a great time here and I missed the one last year and the Christmas one so am looking forward to making up for lost time! Will be good to catch up with a few people too! See you Saturday, soul people! thumbup.gif

Guest Mrs Simsy

I can't make it unfortunately but i have had a call from my mum (who isn't on the scene but loves motown!) apparently she's coming along! huh.gif:P

She popped into the Rugby nighter to say hello & found a flyer with all the info! :lol:

Thought i'd warn...sorry let you all know! ph34r.giflaugh.gif

:P:lol: I always seem to miss this for one reason or another! (This year for 2 big reasons! laugh.gifrolleyes.gif ) Anyway, am sure it'll be a great night (was last time round I seem to recall) so have a good one everyone! x

I can't make it unfortunately but i have had a call from my mum (who isn't on the scene but loves motown!) apparently she's coming along! :P:lol:

She popped into the Rugby nighter to say hello & found a flyer with all the info! laugh.gif

Thought i'd warn...sorry let you all know! ph34r.gif:lol:

I'm going to tell her EVERYTHING Kylee........ wicked.gif

I can't make it unfortunately but i have had a call from my mum (who isn't on the scene but loves motown!) apparently she's coming along! huh.gif:P

She popped into the Rugby nighter to say hello & found a flyer with all the info! :lol:

Thought i'd warn...sorry let you all know! ph34r.giflaugh.gif

Kylee your Mum is sound.

Look forward to seeing her again.

Guest kid mohair

I'm coming, along with my sister Bev and her Shrewsbury boyfriend! Always had a great time here and I missed the one last year and the Christmas one so am looking forward to making up for lost time! Will be good to catch up with a few people too! See you Saturday, soul people! :lol:

Great stuff mark, see ya down the front..... :thumbsup:

Guest Mrs Simsy

I'm going to tell her EVERYTHING Kylee........ :thumbsup:

Hi Maark,

With you and me spilling the beans Kylee will be grounded until she's 50. laugh.gif

See you Sat mate.

Tabs

ohmy.gif I don't know what you're talking about...I'm an angel! :lol:

She can't ground me anyway, i'm 24 years old! :)

That's a lot of hotel rooms booked in Harboro that night. It won't have been so busy since last harvest.

I can confirm that, T'Innkeeper at the 3 Horseshoes was totally flummoxed when I tried to book "are you sure sir ? We already have a booking for a gentleman from Essex you see " :thumbsup:

"Last time we had so many of you lot up here, you were all chasing that Dick Turpin fellow"

Looking forward to it - Taff

Guest kid mohair

Hi Andy and Gina

I am sorry I can't make this as I had already made other arrangements. Hope it all goes well as I know it normally does and you raise loads of money for charity.

Have a good night and see you both soon

Nicola x

Hi nic, bet i know where you will be sat night..... :thumbsup:not_i.gif see ya soon....xx

I'm coming, along with my sister Bev and her Shrewsbury boyfriend! Always had a great time here and I missed the one last year and the Christmas one so am looking forward to making up for lost time! Will be good to catch up with a few people too! See you Saturday, soul people! :thumbsup:

Be good to see you there mark always a top night :lol::lol::ohmy:

Guest kid mohair

Looking forward to hearing some underplayed R&B Andy! Disappointed to be missing Silks, but Silks is on again next month where as I'd have to wait another year for this!

Dissapointed for missing silks....youl get over it, uptempo rnb dancers from me mate and not your usual tosh... :thumbsup: see ya sat..Andy.

Guest kev such

Cant make this one Andy.

As said mate we are going to an extremely posh wedding, and NO im not there to park cars, before you say anything.

Im going to stick out like a bleeding sore thumb. I know where i'd rather be Saturday night, dont know whats going to be worse, ABBA, Agadoo etc or wedding Northern :thumbup: . However if we can slope off early and get over to Harborough we will.

Is it outside in, or inside out when eating with far too many utensils on the table. Karen says im not allowed to just use the biggest spoon, or put it all on one plate.

Best to Gina mate,maybe see you Saturday and speak soon.

Kev and Karen

P.S.

I find it easier using masking tape and lining paper. Cheaper and its easier to clean up and doesn't dent your profit margin :shades: .

Edited by kev such

Cant make this one Andy.

As said mate we are going to an extremely posh wedding, and NO im not there to park cars, before you say anything.

Im going to stick out like a bleeding sore thumb. I know where i'd rather be Saturday night, dont know whats going to be worse, ABBA, Agadoo etc or wedding Northern :D . However if we can slope off early and get over to Harborough we will.

Is it outside in, or inside out when eating with far too many utensils on the table. Karen says im not allowed to just use the biggest spoon, or put it all on one plate.

Kev and Karen

P.S.

I find it easier using masking tape and lining paper. Cheaper and its easier to clean up and doesn't dent your profit margin :D .

Just as well Kev, wouldn't want them to be getting clamped! :shades::thumbup:

Guest kev such

Just as well Kev, wouldn't want them to be getting clamped! :shades::thumbup:

Haha, stop now, i think my sides are splitting.

At least if they were clamped they wouldnt get nicked. :D

Im just glad that i was able to help the guy who ran the clamping firm, because judging by the look of him he would have definately gone into crime or is that grime, if i hadnt supplemented his living expenses.

I was just doing my bit for the greater Peterborough community mate, tis all.

Kev

Guest kid mohair

Cant make this one Andy.

Im going to stick out like a bleeding sore thumb. I know where i'd rather be Saturday night, dont know whats going to be worse, ABBA, Agadoo etc or wedding Northern :D . However if we can slope off early and get over to Harborough we will.

Kev and Karen

P.S.

I find it easier using masking tape and lining paper. Cheaper and its easier to clean up and doesn't dent your profit margin :D .

You wearing a suit kev???? :shades: you could take a pack up and eat it in the van save karen the embarassment at the table... :unsure: hope to see ya sat i will save you prime spot on the floor......... :thumbup:

Guest kev such

You wearing a suit kev???? :D you could take a pack up and eat it in the van save karen the embarassment at the table... :P hope to see ya sat i will save you prime spot on the floor......... :thumbsup:

Doesnt really matter what i do at the table Andy, im bound to embarress Karen, one way or another.

Me and Karen have spoken this evening about coming over Saturday night, and i think its looking good for a go as we have worked out that we should be able to do the journey to you in about 30 minutes. So if we sneak out of the wedding at about 11pm we hopefully can be over to Harborough by 11.30 / 12.00.

Can you save me the spot right next to the bar and in sliding distance of the talc dispenser? Cheers mate.

Regards to Gina.

Kev and Karen.

P.S.

Do you want to borrow some detergent and one or two of them scouring pads in my van mate? :lol: For cleaning up unwanted sticky messes. :(

Hoping to see lots of peeps tomorrow at this special night.

Can't believe its been a year and I still think about her all the time, funny things happen that remind me of her and it brings a smile to my face.

God bless Sylv.

See you all on the dancefloor tomorro night!!

xxx

Guest kid mohair

One more sleep, Andrew is in the other room with the decks out Maximillion, Jo Ann Campbell, Branded, are just a few .....

Yea i was........ :wicked: Dj times for tomorrow night..

BOB POLLARD 8 TIL 830.

ANDY POLLARD 830 TIL 9.

BOB LEE 9 TIL 930.

ALLEY MAYER 930 TIL 10.

ADAM 10 TIL 1030.

ADY CROASDELL 1030 TIL 11.

BOB POLLARD 11 TIL 1130.

ANDY POLLARD 1130 TIL 12.

BOB LEE 12 TIL 1230.

ALLEY MAYER 1230 TIL 1.

ADAM AND ADY TO FINISH....1 TIL 2 .

SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW NIGHT......IM SURE A LOT OF YOU ARE STILL SHOCKED LIKE US, BY THE TERRIBLE NEWS THIS WEEK OF LINDA...RIP..XX

Hoping to see lots of peeps tomorrow at this special night.

Can't believe its been a year and I still think about her all the time, funny things happen that remind me of her and it brings a smile to my face.

God bless Sylv.

See you all on the dancefloor tomorro night!!

xxx

annie I'm sure Bruce and Sylv will be watching over us as we will all be up there together! See you on the dance floor too

Guest gordon russell

NOT GOING TO THIS FELLA'S....WOULD YOU SPARE A THOUGHT FOR LINDA BARR....I'M SURE IT'S AN EVENT SHE WOULD HAVE GON E TO :wicked:

Guest kid mohair

NOT GOING TO THIS FELLA'S....WOULD YOU SPARE A THOUGHT FOR LINDA BARR....I'M SURE IT'S AN EVENT SHE WOULD HAVE GON E TO yes.gif

Yep of course mate and yea im sure she would of come....