Jm Final Auction Prices 2nd April

Jim G

Here you go :D

7th Avenue Aviators - You Should ' O Held On - Congress promo: £433

Jackie Wilson - Higher and Higher c/w I'm The One To Do It - Coral demo: £127

Appreciations - I Can't Hide It c/w No, No, No, No - Aware: £858

Stan Ivory and his Omnificent Orchestra - Come Live With Me - Tese promo: £434

French Coffey - Nothing From Nothing c/w I Just Can't Get Enough - Pick-A-Hit: £310

Leon Haywood - Baby Reconsider - Fat Fish : £520

Brenda George - I can't Stand It c/w What You See Is What Your Gonna Get - Kent promo + Letter : £79

Dean Parrish - Tell Her - Stateside Demo: £126

Wee - Try Me - Owl: £569

Sammy Campbell - I never Thought (I'd find any body like you) - Queen City: £532

Lillie Bryant - Meet Me Halfway - Tay-ster: £1,511

Sam Juan - Don't Quit Me c/w Tommorrow Is Our Day - Acetate: £83

Just Brothers - Carlena - Garrison promo: £1,699

Art Wayne - Busy, Busy Bee - Planetary-Nom Acetate: £128

Ronettes featuring The Rolling Stones - Group Scene 64 program - Granada January 1964: £44

Ray Pollard - The Drifter - United Artists: £327

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Here you go :D

7th Avenue Aviators - You Should ' O Held On - Congress promo: £433

Jackie Wilson - Higher and Higher c/w I'm The One To Do It - Coral demo: £127

Appreciations - I Can't Hide It c/w No, No, No, No - Aware: £858

Stan Ivory and his Omnificent Orchestra - Come Live With Me - Tese promo: £434

French Coffey - Nothing From Nothing c/w I Just Can't Get Enough - Pick-A-Hit: £310

Leon Haywood - Baby Reconsider - Fat Fish : £520

Brenda George - I can't Stand It c/w What You See Is What Your Gonna Get - Kent promo + Letter : £79

Dean Parrish - Tell Her - Stateside Demo: £126

Wee - Try Me - Owl: £569

Sammy Campbell - I never Thought (I'd find any body like you) - Queen City: £532

Lillie Bryant - Meet Me Halfway - Tay-ster: £1,511

Sam Juan - Don't Quit Me c/w Tommorrow Is Our Day - Acetate: £83

Just Brothers - Carlena - Garrison promo: £1,699

Art Wayne - Busy, Busy Bee - Planetary-Nom Acetate: £128

Ronettes featuring The Rolling Stones - Group Scene 64 program - Granada January 1964: £44

Ray Pollard - The Drifter - United Artists: £327

Damn!! I knew I should have bought Stan Ivory when it was a hundred a few years back.

Jordi :D

Social source share

is there any difference between the 7" and 12" versions (the 12" being a £10 record...)... and I don't mean 'yes, the 12" has 5" more vinyl and won't fit in my vanity case' :thumbsup:

cheers Paul

Edited by Sutty
Social source share

Yes Paul, to many 45's are a creation from god and 12's the devils work :thumbsup:

he he and long may it stay that way, i'll swap anything I have on 7" for the 12", with the outstanding price difference of course cos they all sound better on a 12" :lol:

Social source share

Was the Leon Haywood a Stock/Issue copy or a Demo? just curious, Carlena wow! sold mine for £1,500.00 a few years back so not that unhappy with this result...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hi Mark, it was a stock copy. All the best Bob :thumbsup:

Social source share

is there any difference between the 7" and 12" versions (the 12" being a £10 record...)... and I don't mean 'yes, the 12" has 5" more vinyl and won't fit in my vanity case' :lol:

cheers Paul

Isn't it also on a CD? In which case that'll fit in yer hot box! :lol::thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Isn't it also on a CD? In which case that'll fit in yer hot box! :lol::thumbsup:

Have all 3 formats, they all sound the same to me :lol:

Social source share

is there any difference between the 7" and 12" versions (the 12" being a £10 record...)... and I don't mean 'yes, the 12" has 5" more vinyl and won't fit in my vanity case' :ohmy:

cheers Paul

Same length track on 7" or 12". The 7" is the orig 70's (or is it 80's?) and the 12" is a 90's release which you know but some may not. :thumbsup:

Jordi

Edited by jordirip
Social source share

Will that be for a hundred then Steve?

Jordi

.........................not quite Jords (see my answer to Mark above :thumbsup: )

Don't want to undermine Mr M on one of these very informative auction threads, so I'd prefer to quote on it via PM..................got any good trades mate? Drop us a PM?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

......................surprised no one's replied to this Stevie..............thought you'd need yer tin hat on by now :yes:

Hmmm maybe not then - the broadminded modern soul fraternity don't get hung up on these things do they? .....have always played it off the CD, I thought (obviously wrongly) that the 7 and 12 were just kind of off the CD.....Jordi implies they were earlier.

Anyway see you in about one week's time!

Steve

Appreciations - the price on this is going up and up - both sides are great.

Social source share

Hmmm maybe not then - the broadminded modern soul fraternity don't get hung up on these things do they? .....have always played it off the CD, I thought (obviously wrongly) that the 7 and 12 were just kind of off the CD.....Jordi implies they were earlier.

Anyway see you in about one week's time!

Steve

Stevie

Jords not only implies, he's bob on!

The 45 is about 15 years before the CD & 12" :yes:

See you for a pint or seven at Yarmouth :yes:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!