Yum Yum - The Lost Soul Night - Northampton

Guest Rob Glover

Guest Rob Glover

Time for another slice of sweet sticky soul with The Northampton Lost Souls

Saturday 31st May with special guest DJ's Andy Skank (The Lab) & Kylee Lewis (Rugby)

l_6e4a667821d420965a614b61f69a9eb5.jpg

Yum Yum #2 @ Bibliotek, Castillion St, Northampton

01604 604027

The Northampton Lost Souls bring you another stimulating slice of upfront:

Northern & Rare Soul

Deep Funk

Rhythm & Blues

Reggae, Motown

70's Shufflers

Crosser and Newies

Special guest DJ's

Andy Skank (The Lab)

Kylee Lewis (Rugby)

New start time of 9pm and a wonderful late finish 3am

Admission price:£4 b4 11pm - £5 after

It's our groove that counts ;0)

For more information check out our website: www.thebuzzco.com

Edited by Rob Glover
  • Replies 81
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rob Glover

Really looking forward to this night! :g:

Have got a rent-a-crowd coming along! :P

Will be a top night! :thumbsup:

We are gearing up the PA for the second Yum Yum event and even planning on putting extra speakers in to the chill out room so that place has a more uniform sound to it.

We are also going to sort out the sprawling DJ area as well lol. We are all looking forward to hearing you do your thang Kylee :lol:

We are gearing up the PA for the second Yum Yum event and even planning on putting extra speakers in to the chill out room so that place has a more uniform sound to it.

We are also going to sort out the sprawling DJ area as well lol. We are all looking forward to hearing you do your thang Kylee :lol:

Cat wait either....heard your people were out in force at the recent Shades do...from what my Bro Felix told me..they did a grand job in promoting Yum Yum....Kylee...expect strong support from the Northants branch of SSLAAS babes.. :lol: ..Delxx

Guest Mrs Simsy

Cat wait either....heard your people were out in force at the recent Shades do...from what my Bro Felix told me..they did a grand job in promoting Yum Yum....Kylee...expect strong support from the Northants branch of SSLAAS babes.. :lol: ..Delxx

Cool! :lol:

Can't wait, think it'll be a top night! :thumbup:

Am hoping to make this with a couple of mates Rob...(had a great night at the last one!)

See ya there fellow SSLAAS girlies!

xx smile.gif

Guest James Trouble

I won't be able to make this, but I hope you have fun with Kylee. Keep your eyes on her though, she's a terror if left unsupervised! ph34r.gif

Guest Rob Glover

I won't be able to make this, but I hope you have fun with Kylee. Keep your eyes on her though, she's a terror if left unsupervised! ph34r.gif

You know James your the 3rd person that has given me the same warning :lol:

Hmm, my spider senses are tingling.

So anyway, when are we gonna be able to get Mr Trouble up behind these Northampton turntables then?

Guest Rob Glover

Am hoping to make this with a couple of mates Rob...(had a great night at the last one!)

See ya there fellow SSLAAS girlies!

xx smile.gif

Nice one Del, apparantly we will have some more of the male youth soul stompin' just for you :lol:

Guest Rob Glover

...and another update.

We have secured Liam Quinn (Beat Boutique) as a guest DJ for Augusts Yum Yum.

Those guest spots are filling fast!

Guest Rob Glover

Not long to go now. Really excited! thumbup.gif

Kylee, can you facebook or message me your address so I can some flyers up to you :lol:

xx

Guest Mrs Simsy

You know James your the 3rd person that has given me the same warning :lol:

Hmm, my spider senses are tingling.

So anyway, when are we gonna be able to get Mr Trouble up behind these Northampton turntables then?

I have no idea what you're talking about, i'm a quiet, well behaved laydee! :thumbsup::ohmy:

Will pm you Rob about the flyers, doing a lot of soulin' these next few weekends so i'll be making sure people have a flyer everytime they walk past! :yes::lol:

Guest Mrs Simsy

I have no idea what you're talking about, i'm a quiet, well behaved laydee! :thumbsup::lol:

Will pm you Rob about the flyers, doing a lot of soulin' these next few weekends so i'll be making sure people have a flyer everytime they walk past! :D:lol:

Ooh only 16 more sleeps! :no::(

Guest Rob Glover

It's a cool old pic with Hendrix..

We'll look forward to this. :thumbup:

Cheers Ian

I've even managed to track down a copy of "Fool For You Baby" by Little Jimi Hendrix, by far his most soulful tune :unsure:

Guest Rob Glover

We did have fun last time and I'm up for the same again... :unsure:

Lol thank you. We just wanted to have some fun and get the young'uns involved lol.

I'm really looking forward to hearing Kylee spin her platters. I've made sure I have extra vodka in stock as well :thumbup:

Lol thank you. We just wanted to have some fun and get the young'uns involved lol.

I'm really looking forward to hearing Kylee spin her platters. I've made sure I have extra vodka in stock as well :huh:

What more can one ask..... :lol: ...soo looking forward to this Rob....wanted too...but cant make the 100 tonight....work at 6 early morn ..noo good...but soo looking forward to Yum Yum....Delxxxxx

Guest Rob Glover

What more can one ask..... :huh: ...soo looking forward to this Rob....wanted too...but cant make the 100 tonight....work at 6 early morn ..noo good...but soo looking forward to Yum Yum....Delxxxxx

Nooo, why does work always have to get in the way :lol:

Just had another bit of good news as well. Me old Buzz DJ partner Andy Crofts is probably going to be back for the next one as well.

He's been on tour with Paul Weller for the last few weeks (he's his new keyboardist) but he has a month off after this week before the world tour starts.

Anybody that met him at the last Yum Yum night might want to tune in to Later...with Jools Holland this Tuesday night at 10pm (BBC2) as he is doing a live set on the program with Paul. :lol:

Should be a giggle.

:lol:

We did have fun last time and I'm up for the same again... wink.gif

Oooooo goodie, will be lovely to see you again (will let you cop a sneaky feel! :lol: )

I'm bringing a couple of young female ( N.S) virgins with me this time Sian, so lets hope Kylee's set can educate/convert them eh?

See you there! xx

Guest Mrs Simsy

Oooooo goodie, will be lovely to see you again (will let you cop a sneaky feel! :shhh: )

I'm bringing a couple of young female ( N.S) virgins with me this time Sian, so lets hope Kylee's set can educate/convert them eh?

See you there! xx

yes.gif

Got 3 corking records over the weekend that will have their first airing at yum yum! :wub:

Can't wait, all my friends are coming aswell so they'll be quite a few young female (N.S) virgins there! :thumbup:

Glad that vodka drips in place! thumbsup.gif

Guest Rob Glover

yes.gif

Got 3 corking records over the weekend that will have their first airing at yum yum! biggrin.gif

Can't wait, all my friends are coming aswell so they'll be quite a few young female (N.S) virgins there! laugh.gif

Glad that vodka drips in place! :huh:

Blimey I'd better calm the young NS boys down they are not going to know what has hit them :D

yes.gif

Got 3 corking records over the weekend that will have their first airing at yum yum! biggrin.gif

Can't wait, all my friends are coming aswell so they'll be quite a few young female (N.S) virgins there! :D

Glad that vodka drips in place! :huh:

Marvelooose! See you n your pals there luvvie, xx

Ok, this looks fun, hope to be there.

May bring a young NS newbie too if she's up for it; she likes the music - it'll be nice for her to see a few her own age.

I mean, I'm a young NS newbie myself, but she's real-young, not pretend-young.

Guest Rob Glover

Wow with all these young ladyees ...Gail and Kylee are bringing along...best get my Rob to shine his head.... :lol: ...well he would want to look his best to go courting :rolleyes: ...... :D ....Delxxx

Lol, I'd better make sure the bar manager gets in plenty of Bromide to put in the lager :lol:

Guest Rob Glover

Naaa...just make sure the bar is stocked up with ice cold Newkie Brown....he will be happy as a pig in clover. :rolleyes: ..Delxxx

Ahh now that's a girl after my own heart! A bottle of that and I'm smilin' all night :lol:

Ahh now that's a girl after my own heart! A bottle of that and I'm smilin' all night :rolleyes:

OOH noo...not me...I am from the Eastern Districts in Northampton...and if you know Northampton...then you will realise that we are very classy folk from that end off town ...so in the absence of Champers...i will be knocking back Vodka.....in a pint glass with an umbrella and a slice of pineapple...we know how to do it :lol: .....Delxxxx

Guest Mrs Simsy

Ok, this looks fun, hope to be there.

May bring a young NS newbie too if she's up for it; she likes the music - it'll be nice for her to see a few her own age.

I mean, I'm a young NS newbie myself, but she's real-young, not pretend-young.

Be nice to see you & i promise i won't step on your foot while i'm carrying my record boxes again! :thumbsup:

Ooh Del, Vodka in a pint glass..saves keep getting topped up! yes.gif:thumbsup:

Only 11 more sleeps, that's come round quick! :lol:

Guest Mrs Simsy

God I get worse, I thought it was this weekend... :huh:

:P Didn't you do that not so long ago aswell? :g::huh:

Edited by Mrs Simsy
Guest Rob Glover

OOH noo...not me...I am from the Eastern Districts in Northampton...and if you know Northampton...then you will realise that we are very classy folk from that end off town ...so in the absence of Champers...i will be knocking back Vodka.....in a pint glass with an umbrella and a slice of pineapple...we know how to do it :huh: .....Delxxxx

I'm actually from Loughborough so I know how to slum it lol :g:

Guest Rob Glover

Just 5 more sleeps!!!! :lol:

Oh how excited are you.

We are going up to the venue tonight to make sure that everything is hunky dory :D

And maybe spin some tunes and have a beer, does that sound like work to you?

Guest Mrs Simsy

Oh how excited are you.

We are going up to the venue tonight to make sure that everything is hunky dory :huh:

And maybe spin some tunes and have a beer, does that sound like work to you?

:ohmy:

I am a little excited! :lol:

Is this place easy to find? I have been known to get lost with sat nav y'know! :D

:lol:

I am a little excited! :ohmy:

Is this place easy to find? I have been known to get lost with sat nav y'know! :huh:

They'd changed the one way system when I went last time due to road works, we just went thru a no entry sign coz I knew where it was.

Get there early if you wanna park nearby. Or knowing you, head for a multi storey car park and then ask directions... :lol:

It's right in the town centre... :D

Just done a map search for you, it's not spelt right at the top of this page, it should be Castilian Street.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&sa...sa=N&tab=wl

Edited by Rugby Soul Club