Records That Make Your Heart Smile

Jaco

lew kirton heaven in the afternoon + jesse james if you want a love affair cant stop listening to these two at the mo for some reason they pick me up havent seen my wife for over 3 months work commitments and these tunes are cheering me up been away too long

quality tunes me thinks

Social source share

• Replies 71
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

lew kirton heaven in the afternoon + jesse james if you want a love affair cant stop listening to these two at the mo for some reason they pick me up havent seen my wife for over 3 months work commitments and these tunes are cheering me up been away too long

quality tunes me thinks

You havent seen your wife for three months and your listening to songs about extra marital affairs to cheer you up?

:thumbsup:

Social source share

You havent seen your wife for three months and your listening to songs about extra marital affairs to cheer you up?

:thumbup:

yeah i know whats that all about should be listening to hot sauce bring it home --- walter jackson my ship is coming in --- etc

back in 4 weeks then a bit of jerry butler lets make love

Social source share

Guest kev such

One for me has got to be Mamie Lee's "I can feel him slipping away".

I love the way the tune effortlessly makes me want to clear the lounge and dance myself stupid until my heart bursts out of my chest.

Fitted a wooden floor on a job last week with a local soulie and we had an empty room once it was down with wood shavings on the floor. The Cd player was on so when it came on we "just had to sample the floor". Spinning is not that difficult in steel toe capped boots when the floor is just right, :thumbup:

Priceless.

Regards

Kev

P.S. The customer who is about 80 looked at us as if we were bonkers.

Edited by kev such
Social source share

Guest Spinning Vinyl

Darrel Banks - Somebody, Somewhere, Needs You - Revilot

is the first one that came to mind, theres loads more but the lines ......

Dont Worry About The Past,

Hold Your Head Up High,

Your Gonna see a Golden rainbow,

Way Up In The Sky,

Turn Back The Clock ..... etc etc

makes me :thumbup: smile

:shhh:

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

What a nice thread! :lol:

Loads of corkers listed..been smiling as i've read through. biggrin.gif

A few of mine are-

Soul Brothers Six-I'll be lovin you

Margaret Little- Love finds a way

The Vibrations- Cause your mine.

Social source share

Guest KEN-SOUL

two versions? of "just one more chance" and i"ll never forget the time "country girl" was haunting the dancers at clouds...

Social source share

Underneath my appartment theres a typical Swedish restaurant serving typical Swedish food. I had the windows open last night and just caught the faintest traces of something special on their CD player.

Margie Joseph - One more chance

Moved over to the window, lit up a fag, and sung (out loud). Felt happy and stupid all at the same time.

Then this morning I went over to the 2nd hand shop and found an album Ive been after for donkeys - Blue Magic, 13 blue magic street which includes the sublime - The lonliest house on the block.

Bit my tongue this time but its going around in my head as I type

Social source share

One for me has got to be Mamie Lee's "I can feel him slipping away".

I love the way the tune effortlessly makes me want to clear the lounge and dance myself stupid until my heart bursts out of my chest.

Fitted a wooden floor on a job last week with a local soulie and we had an empty room once it was down with wood shavings on the floor. The Cd player was on so when it came on we "just had to sample the floor". Spinning is not that difficult in steel toe capped boots when the floor is just right, :lol:

Priceless.

Regards

Kev

P.S. The customer who is about 80 looked at us as if we were bonkers.

THATS BRILLIANT :thumbup:

Social source share

Probably not played out any more but these have always done it for me for the last 20 years or so

Eddie Holman - Night to remember

Tyrone Barkley - Man of Value

Evening cooking tunes are

Festivals - Music

Joe Stampley - Not too long ago

Dynamics - Yes I love you baby

Salvation - Robert Thomas

Sad Face - Masters of Soul

Carla Thomas - I'll never stop loving you - missus told me to put that on, apparently it makes her really happy and sad at the same tim :lol:

Social source share

Ok, nothing earth shattering and probably been done many times before, but.....

Shit day at work, need something to lift the spirits, look at the sounds and think "that will do" -

Robert John - "Raindrops, love and sunshine" followed by,

We The People - "Making my daydream real"

All of a sudden the world seems a better place. :thumbup:

What does it for you?

for me its got to be, the tiaras thing , surprise.....the whole house is singing it, 6 yr old an all

Social source share

here's a couple personal to me

The next in line ----Hoagy lands

Nothing worse than being alone----Ad libs

A couple of 'you just had to be there tunes' :P

Oh and one more Chris jackson---I'll never forget you. :) One of the first I had on Soul City and just has that something.........

Social source share

i would really appreciate that denbo, i look 4ward to it bud :)

Sorry mate, job in London came to an abrupt end and am now in Oslo and during all the hassle completely forgot about your soundbyte.

Have you managed to source it from elsewhere or do you still want me to do it when I get home on the 25th July?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert