Lowton & Dda

TWO SUPERB ROOMS OF QUALITY NORTHERN AND RARE SOUL

LOWTON CIVIC HALL

FRIDAY 11 APRIL 2008

ROOM ONE

NO APRIL FOOL'S HERE ... DJ LINE UP TO FOLLOW!

ROOM TWO - THE DDA

GAZ SIMON and BAZ ATKINSON

JUMPIN' JOAN - PAUL SADOT - KARL RHODES

A top night ALWAYS guaranteed when the lads from the North East come out to play...

soul from the heart.. just how we like it! :lol:

So come on... let us tickle your soul taste buds... it feels sooo good! :D

ADMISSION ONLY £6.00 AND A GREAT NIGHT GUARANTEED!

LOWTON CIVIC HALL

HESKETH MEADOW LANE

LOWTON Nr WIGAN

WA3 2AH

Edited by jumpinjoan
  • Replies 59
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

TWO SUBERB ROOMS OF QUALITY NORTHERN AND RARE SOUL

LOWTON CIVIC HALL

FRIDAY 11 APRIL 2008

ROOM ONE

ROOM TWO - THE DDA

A top night ALWAYS guaranteed when the lads from the North East come out to play...

soul from the heart.. just how we like it! :yes:

So come on... let us tickle your soul taste buds... it feels sooo good! :lol:

LOWTON CIVIC HALL

HESKETH MEADOW LANE

LOWTON Nr WIGAN

WA3 2AH

YIPPEE YAY OH! Its time again...North East lads always make it a great night. Top tunes will be flooding the room.

I will be playing Delon Washington and Soul Injections out for the first time...cant wait! :yes:

COME ON BAZ...wheres the main room line - up? huh.gif:lol:

Baz M... being all dark and mysterious... should we worry? :lol:

Anyway... I'm sure he'll bring us up to speed with the main room line up asap.

What we do know however is what's going on in the DDA room this Friday.

He is the undisputed KING of the soul source media section... so why not come down and meet

the legend that is BAZ ATKINSON in the muscle bound flesh (one for the sslaas I think!)

Joining Baz is the 'sensible' one out of the bunch (yeah right) GAZ SIMON.

Believe me when I say... whether it be 60s or 70s... this guy has got it covered... and then some.

Both these guys have got AWESOME taste in music... inspirational in fact... so don't miss out! :)

Edited by jumpinjoan

Baz M... being all dark and mysterious... should we worry? :lol:

Anyway... I'm sure he'll bring us up to speed with the main room line up asap.

What we do know however is what's going on in the DDA room this Friday.

He is the undisputed KING of the soul source media section... so why not come down and meet

the legend that is BAZ ATKINSON in the muscle bound flesh (one for the sslaas I think!)

Joining Baz is the 'sensible' one out of the bunch (yeah right) GAZ SIMON.

Believe me when I say... whether it be 60s or 70s... this guy has got it covered... and then some.

Both these guys have got AWESOME taste in music... inspirational in fact... so don't miss out! thumbup.gif

MUSCLE BOUND FLESH [iM PISSING MYSELF LAUGHING JOAN] GOT SOME NICE STUFF ,DIFFERENT SET FROM WILTON ,FEEL MORE AT HOME HERE FOLKS PLAYING OBSCURE UNDERPALYED STUFF TO THE THE MOST PASSIONATE PEOPLE ON THE SCENE IMHO.HOPING TO GET HEADSEY AND KEV DOWN AND A FEW MORE NUTTERS IF POSSIBLE.

JOAN CAN YOU PM ME THE NAME OF THAT BED /BREAKFAST JUST IN CASE THE PARTY GETS OUT OF HAND LOL.SEE YOU SOON HUN.

BAZ A XX :)

Looking forward to this, I need my Lowton/DDA fix , good music, good crack, and in a good venue .36_1_34.gif

Get yourself there kirsty, you won't be disapointed36_1_11.gif.

Wow only one week to go, can't wait 36_1_33.gif .

Willie

e_1_43.gif

e_1_43.gif e_1_43.gif

Nice 1 Willie, i see you found the smileys!!!! Funny or what?4_1_219.gif

Cant wait till Fri and DDA time again, got a few new ones to play myself, what with Baz and Gaz on aswel as us rabble, gonna be a cracker!!!

Realy looking forward to these boys playing again for us, soul straight from the heart, how it should be!!!!

KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE DDA!!!!e_1_43.gif

See you all on Fri!!!!

Lets PARTY!!!!!7_5_137.gif

Nice 1 Willie, i see you found the smileys!!!! Funny or what?4_1_219.gif

Cant wait till Fri and DDA time again, got a few new ones to play myself, what with Baz and Gaz on aswel as us rabble, gonna be a cracker!!!

Realy looking forward to these boys playing again for us, soul straight from the heart, how it should be!!!!

KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE DDA!!!!e_1_43.gif

See you all on Fri!!!!

Lets PARTY!!!!!7_5_137.gif

Yes Karl, it's gonna be electric36_11_23.gif4_1_219.gif Willie

COME ON BAZ...wheres the main room line - up? :thumbsup::)

Hi Paul / Joan

Sorry been 'otherwise engaged' apologies. Gotta say though looking forward to Friday though especially after last momths MONSTER night I was still buzzin' weeks later.................Everyone I talk to these days says just how good LOWTON is definitely back to it's best but with a new emphasis on the kinda soul music we all want to hear

The DDA looks EXTREAMILY strong this month with Baz and Gaz making the trip over, hope I can spend some time with you on Friday

The main room looks set to deliver a great night for those wanting wall to wall, non-stop top tunage........

Main Room DJ's for Friday are

Kev Murphy

Neil Jones

Mick Howard

BazM

and Special Guest LOWTON Old Boy, Barry James

If you are looking for a great night out that really hits the spot then you cant go wrong with LOWTON this Friday

See you there!

Edited by BazM

Hi Paul / Joan

Sorry been 'otherwise engaged' apologies. Gotta say though looking forward to Friday though especially after last momths MONSTER night I was still buzzin' weeks later.................Everyone I talk to these days says just how good LOWTON is definitely back to it's best but with a new emphasis on the kinda soul music we all want to hear

The DDA looks EXTREAMILY strong this month with Baz and Gaz making the trip over, hope I can spend some time with you on Friday

The main room looks set to deliver a great night for those wanting wall to wall, non-stop top tunage........

Main Room DJ's for Friday are

Kev Murphy

Neil Jones

Mick Howard

BazM

and Special Guest LOWTON Old Boy, Barry James

If you are looking for a great night out that really hits the spot then you cant go wrong with LOWTON this Friday

See you there!

really looking forward to spinning a few on friday,quite a few of us coming down on the night,is Kev McCue starting his birthday celebrations on friday?

gonna be good thumbsup.gif

Mick

Come on guys... give the girl a lift! biggrin.gif

will see what we can do for Kirsty but we are meant to be staying over ??

either close-by hotel or Hotel Rhodes ?

at moment I have no brain so by middle of next week we should have it all sorted.............. or by 6.00 pm friday .........

will see what we can do for Kirsty but we are meant to be staying over ??

either close-by hotel or Hotel Rhodes ?

at moment I have no brain so by middle of next week we should have it all sorted.............. or by 6.00 pm friday .........

Yes you are fella thumbup.gif

Have pm'd Big Bad Baz with all the details of the many different options we have organised for you with your every care, wish and whim taken care of.

All you lot need to do is to pick one and then let me know... so I can let Mrs. Rhodes know. thumbup.gif

It's going to be a mad one... so if you think you have no brain now... just wait till this time next week! :D:lol:

TWO SUBERB ROOMS OF QUALITY NORTHERN AND RARE SOUL

LOWTON CIVIC HALL

FRIDAY 11 APRIL 2008

ROOM ONE

ROOM TWO - THE DDA

soul from the heart.. just how we like it! :thumbsup:

So come on... let us tickle your soul taste buds... it feels sooo good! :D

LOWTON CIVIC HALL

HESKETH MEADOW LANE

LOWTON Nr WIGAN

WA3 2AH

the time is nigh.. laugh.gif

LATEST NEWS JUST IN...

We've got a very special appearance lined up for Friday night... no... it's not a DJ... something better!

I think he'll give Baz A a run for his money in the muscle stakes wicked.gif:yes::D

:D easy tiger,your looking at fibre honed since the age of 17! iM REALLY UP FOR THIS NIGHT,SPECIAL PLACE SPECIAL PEOPLE!

BAZ A

looking forward to this immensly now,cant wait .

BAZ A :thumbsup:

Me neither Baz!

Have you guys decided on what you're doing afterwards yet?

Only it would be good to be able to let the good folks up at Rhodes Towers know what's what. :thumbsup:

Will get DJ times up either tonight or tomorrow... oooh love this bit... means there's not too long to go before fun time :thumbsup:

Not been for a good while so I guess its about time we showed our faces.

C`you all Friday!

:D

Great stuff thumbup.gif

Be sure you come and say hellooo! :lol:

I am just on my way out to have my knuckles rapped by my tutor... will post DJ times up when I get back... as long as I can still type that is :P

Like Paul said... only 2 days to go... and it's looking like the return of the Baz's and Gaz's

MAIN ROOM :

KEV MURPHY - NEIL JONES - MICK HOWARD - BAZ M - BARRY JAMES

DDA ROOM :

PAUL SADOT - JUMPIN' JOAN - KARL RHODES - GAZ SIMON - BAZ ATKINSON

:ohmy::lol:thumbup.gif

Ok gang... here are the times for the DDA... any problems just shout.gif

....... ..8 - 9 ........... RESIDENTS

....9 - 9.30 ........... PAUL SADOT

..9.30 - 10 ........... BAZ ATKINSON

10 - 10.30 ........... KARL RHODES

10.30 - 11 ........... GAZ SIMON

11 - 11.30 ........... JUMPIN JOAN

11.30 - 12 ........... BAZ ATKINSON

12 - 12.30 ........... PAUL SADOT

..12.30 - 1 ........... GAZ SIMON

....1 - 1.30 ........... KARL RHODES

....1.30 - 2 ........... JUMPIN JOAN

............ thumbup.gif:thumbup::wicked:

Edited by jumpinjoan
Guest Spinning Vinyl

Looks like its gonna be another class event :ohmy: Soul nights dont come much better than this, just wish I was coming but I know your all gonna have a blinding time so im not jelous or anything not_i.gif Ill be up there soon so have a goody woncha :rolleyes:

just spoke to baz maleady tonight,everything in place for another top night at this fantastic event,see everybody on friday :P

Mick

Yes indeedy Mick! Not to be outdone by those soul miners from the DDA, bringing untold gems to the gig, the big room boys have been out digging up more vinyl nuggets :yes: . So anyone (everyone) coming to LOWTON on Friday be ready for the descisions you'll have to make between the DDA and the main room so you dont miss out.................the choice is yours...........but what a wonderful choice to have

Yes indeedy Mick! Not to be outdone by those soul miners from the DDA, bringing untold gems to the gig, the big room boys have been out digging up more vinyl nuggets :P . So anyone (everyone) coming to LOWTON on Friday be ready for the descisions you'll have to make between the DDA and the main room so you dont miss out.................the choice is yours...........but what a wonderful choice to have

Well up for this one Baz and one or two 45s will be in the box that aint been in my own sets yet - be good to see reactions on the floor as they're sure-fire dancers!!!

See ya Friday!!

Neil Jones

Yes indeedy Mick! Not to be outdone by those soul miners from the DDA, bringing untold gems to the gig, the big room boys have been out digging up more vinyl nuggets :ohmy: . So anyone (everyone) coming to LOWTON on Friday be ready for the descisions you'll have to make between the DDA and the main room so you dont miss out.................the choice is yours...........but what a wonderful choice to have

Delon Washington and Soul Injections and Chick Carlton 12 o'clock DDA! Your soul cant do without it :thumbsup:

definitely something for everyone tomorrow night,lowton civic hall back to it's brilliant best,agreed,can't wait thumbsup.gif

Its nights like this that you wish you were free to flit between both rooms... :D

You're going to hear great tunes no matter which room you're in... WIN / WIN ALL THE WAY! :D

Come on Neil... spill the beans... what tunes you got lined up?

Well up for this one Baz and one or two 45s will be in the box that aint been in my own sets yet - be good to see reactions on the floor as they're sure-fire dancers!!!

See ya Friday!!

Neil Jones

How ya doin Mate? Good to see ya dippin ont'old tinter web :rolleyes: No doubt my reaction will be the usual 'What the F*"ks THIS???" as another top tune is launched upon us......can't wait see you Friday

How ya doin Mate? Good to see ya dippin ont'old tinter web :lol: No doubt my reaction will be the usual 'What the F*"ks THIS???" as another top tune is launched upon us......can't wait see you Friday
Hi Baz, hoping to get there a little earlier than last time and there'll be a fair few coming early as we're all meeting at my gaff early afternoon. So it will be all hands to the DECKS!!!

Ok you two (Joan, Paul) I'm not one to be out beaten so here's one I'll be playing.

One of Mick H's cover ups but uncovered 1.05am Soul for sale. Let me love you, Geronimo.36_1_1.gif

See you all there tomorrow, gonna be a cracker!!!!!!

Edited by karl

Hi Baz, hoping to get there a little earlier than last time and there'll be a fair few coming early as we're all meeting at my gaff early afternoon. So it will be all hands to the DECKS!!!

Ok you two (Joan, Paul) I'm not one to be out beaten so here's one I'll be playing.

One of Mick H's cover ups but uncovered 1.05am Soul for sale. Let me love you, Geronimo.36_1_1.gif

See you all there tomorrow, gonna be a cracker!!!!!!

and what a superb tune it is cant wait :lol:
Guest Sean Haydon

If it's anything like last months Lowton, we're in for a treat!

All fired up down here and Raring to go!!! See ya later

The Wolvo lot.