100 Club, Sat April 12th; Now 9pm-3am

I'mjust Emailing this out to the 6TS mailing list.

"I'm afraid we have more problems with the 100 Club all-nighter license. This is totally unconnected with the previous one and this time I have a huge amount of sympathy with the club.

A few weeks ago the club ran a burlesque night that involved a lot of 40s and 50s music and fashions and some exotic dancers that are really tasteful strippers who only go as far as knickers and tassels (so my informants advise me). There was a person from Westminster council there who decided that the degree of undressedness on show was too much for the 100 Clubs license and is now reviewing the whole of their operations. Unfortunately this means that they have refused our license until the whole overview is done so yet again we'll suffer from no fault of our own.

The owner is meeting with the authorities on Monday and hopefully will sort this all out satisfactorily for future dates but it's too late for April 12th, though May 17th should be fine. I'll let everyone know next week about that and the final DJ line up.

As before, we are going to continue to run the night from 9pm-3am again. It was still a memorable evening last time and I'm sure it will be again. We may have to re-arrange the DJs once more but whatever happens it'll be another great soul experience down the 100 Club; and we've knocked the price down to a very reasonable £8 accordingly, due to the reduced hours.

If anyone had an urge to undress down to their tassels, please resist.

Ady

www.6ts.info for all your 6ts 100 Club and Cleethorpes' Northern Soul Weekender needs."

• Replies 56
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi ady, hope things are sorted for may, theres about eight of us coming down on train, so if yu could let us know to make arrangements cheers DI :)

Edited by Guest
Guest Bearsy

Hi ady, hope things are sorted for may, theres about eight of us coming down on train, so if yu could let us know to make arrangements cheers DI :)

i hope so too as its my 40th that night thumbup.gif

i hope so too as its my 40th that night :)

You buying then Bearsy ?? laugh.gif ,have a great holiday next week mate ,dont burn youre bum on the sand,please dont go wearing that sequined thong with the KTF patch on it :lol: .

speak soon old mate..

toby.

I hope its sorted by May cos I was going to break tradition and actually make an appearance especially for you 40th.

haven't been to 100 club since the 70s when I went to see Siouxsie and the Banshees :)

QoFxx

Chrissie....all my faith in you is gone.... ohmy.gif:lol: ...I can't stand S & B's...or any punk for that matter! :lol:

L

Chrissie....all my faith in you is gone.... :):lol: ...I can't stand S & B's...or any punk for that matter! :lol:

L

It is not a secret that I did sell my soul to punk for a few years in the 70s but I used to work with Siouxie when I was about 17 and she sort of took me under her wing when I first moved to the big city.

Don't worry there will be no punk played at Blue Skies.............unless Helen specifically asks me to bring some laugh.gif only joking.

Hope you still have a great Birthday weekend, I am sure you can find some way of making up for the early finish.

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

It is not a secret that I did sell my soul to punk for a few years in the 70s but I used to work with Siouxie when I was about 17 and she sort of took me under her wing when I first moved to the big city.

Don't worry there will be no punk played at Blue Skies.............unless Helen specifically asks me to bring some :) only joking.

Hope you still have a great Birthday weekend, I am sure you can find some way of making up for the early finish.

QoFxx

wink.gif

Guest outonthefloor

i hope so too as its my 40th that night :)

Damn thats my birthday surprise for u ruined i hope those tassels i got are on sale or return....

Note to self...cancel the cancel the giant size birthday cake n the whipped cream!!!!

XXX

Guest Bearsy

Its the wifes 40th same night mate thats why were all coming down, she`s never been before, she`ll love it :)

Brilliant news thumbsup.gif be great to meet yourself and Di :lol: all the best people were born on that day :lol:

Guest Bearsy

You buying then Bearsy ?? laugh.gif ,have a great holiday next week mate ,dont burn youre bum on the sand,please dont go wearing that sequined thong with the KTF patch on it :lol: .

speak soon old mate..

toby.

:lol: no i aint you are buying Toby :lol: and i thought i told you to keep quiet about the thong :)

Guest Bearsy

I hope its sorted by May cos I was going to break tradition and actually make an appearance especially for you 40th.

haven't been to 100 club since the 70s when I went to see Siouxsie and the Banshees ohmy.gif

QoFxx

You would do that for me Chrissie :lol: you better be there young lady :)

You would do that for me Chrissie :D you better be there young lady :thumbup:

But only for you :wub: I don't intend to make a habit of it, all nighters and me don't mix, its such a pain carrying my duvet around and my snoring interferes with the music :lol:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

Did Siouxie ever show her soul roots to ya Chrissie????....most of the Bromley crew..where regulars at the Goldmine when Chris Hill was at the helm during the 70s.......Delxxx

I have just Googled Northern Soul & Nudity expecting to find 0 but its out there.

Great vid! :thumbup:

Was there any nudity? I didn't stick around til the end - late, nighter tom etc ...

Extended soul nights (9-3) at the 100 are ossam btw, and dog rare!

You would do that for me Chrissie :lol: you better be there young lady :ohmy:

Bearsy i would be pleased to buy you a few beers on the night,........soooooory about the thong,on your travels can you get one for for me so i can wear it at Cleethorpes on the beach etc ....extra extra large please :lol:

Toby.

Guest Ivor Jones

I'mjust Emailing this out to the 6TS mailing list.

"I'm afraid we have more problems with the 100 Club all-nighter license. This is totally unconnected with the previous one and this time I have a huge amount of sympathy with the club.

A few weeks ago the club ran a burlesque night that involved a lot of 40s and 50s music and fashions and some exotic dancers that are really tasteful strippers who only go as far as knickers and tassels (so my informants advise me). There was a person from Westminster council there who decided that the degree of undressedness on show was too much for the 100 Clubs license and is now reviewing the whole of their operations. Unfortunately this means that they have refused our license until the whole overview is done so yet again we'll suffer from no fault of our own.

The owner is meeting with the authorities on Monday and hopefully will sort this all out satisfactorily for future dates but it's too late for April 12th, though May 17th should be fine. I'll let everyone know next week about that and the final DJ line up.

As before, we are going to continue to run the night from 9pm-3am again. It was still a memorable evening last time and I'm sure it will be again. We may have to re-arrange the DJs once more but whatever happens it'll be another great soul experience down the 100 Club; and we've knocked the price down to a very reasonable £8 accordingly, due to the reduced hours.

If anyone had an urge to undress down to their tassels, please resist.

Ady

www.6ts.info for all your 6ts 100 Club and Cleethorpes' Northern Soul Weekender needs."

ADY........

I RECKON YOU SHOULD CONTINUE THE ALLNIGHTERS WITH A BURLESQUE THEME. MAYBE THE DEEJAYS COULD DO A TURN IN BETWEEN SPINNING SOME RARE VINYL ? I RECKON IT MIGHT WORK.........

MICK SMITH IN A G-STRING ANYONE :ohmy::lol::lol: ?

P.S. IS THERE A GROUP CALLED THE DETRIOT STRIPPERS ?

GOOD LUCK MATE,

BEST, IVOR

Guest Mrs Simsy

Can't make this one! :thumbup: Gutted, will be the first one i've missed in ages!

Have fun all & i'll see you in May for the big birthday bonanza! :thumbup:

Guest Carrie Mehome

Yeah I have to miss out on it too as I have my Mum's surprise 70th Birthday party to organize early on the Sunday. Have a good one everybody.

ohmy.gif 21:00 till 3:00 ? but this it´s only for the nights of april & may or for ever??

Valencia Northern Soul Club allnighter (12th april) forecast:

Weather: max. 24 Cº sunny, min: 11Cº

fun: 100% insured

drinks: very cold & cheapest

Cheers!

Hopefully just for April, we should be OK for May but I'll know for definite today or tomorrow and will let everyone know.

Ady

DJS update

It's gonna be Butch, Mick and me with a guest cameo from young Trickster on his 40th. James and Chris have kindly agreed to hold over until May 17th when we should have the license back. I'll know today and will pass it on.

Val's going to approach the local after hours bar directly for us as the manager's texting skills are dubious. She and Caroline were entertaining him until 9am t'other day so he owes them one. The Islington venue is in the bag, more details on the night.

Ady

Shame Chris ain't on but look forward to seeing him on the May do. Good day Saturday - watching the ABA boxing finals early evening, then onto our fav chinese restaurant and finsh the night at the 100 club - Magic.

Ady, I know this makes me sound like a lightweight but 9-3 suits me down to the ground.

Warren "sleepy" Boogaloo

Guest Catfish

Shame Chris ain't on but look forward to seeing him on the May do. Good day Saturday - watching the ABA boxing finals early evening, then onto our fav chinese restaurant and finsh the night at the 100 club - Magic.

Ady, I know this makes me sound like a lightweight but 9-3 suits me down to the ground.

Warren "sleepy" Boogaloo

Ditto for moi, early times far more civilised I find. I found the 1am start an issue even when I lived in London. To go to sleep prior to, or not? Sleeping prior means waking up in a peculiar state at 12am and forcing oneself with gallons of coffee to WAKE UP AGAIN.. like getting up at 5am. If going somewhere else beforehand, often found that by 1am I had had enough of a night. It's not a competition, we can all enjoy this music on our own terms. New earlier start time helps us do this.

Warren you are anything but lightweight.. you go all over the place on your own steam.

Missing this one unfortunately as have a wedding to go to,but will be at next. It's kept me out of trouble that it's finishing at 3- if it was later I would be seriously thinking about hopping it around 12 from the wedding do and going to the 100 club.

Michele

Edited by Catfish

Warren "sleepy" Boogaloo

Not too good for us thats travelling from 300 miles away though, hope it gets sorted for may for my wifes 40th mellow.gif

Not too good for us thats travelling from 300 miles away though, hope it gets sorted for may for my wifes 40th mellow.gif

The 100 club as an allnighter is what travelling is all about and long may it continue. whatever bar we end up in after it will have to do till the next one.

Travelling from Scotland via Dublin this time so will be up for a party no sleep to bed time !

Guest andyrattigan

I am having to miss this one unfortunately as am having my living room replastered at the moment. It's a nightmare!

Could do with saving a few quid anyway as have spent all my money on bloody records again.

I love the long hours though. For me having to leave at 3am would be a big disappointment. Im only getting warmed up by then.

Look forward to the next one in May and then Cleethorpes :thumbsup::thumbsup: .

Best weekend of the year for me. :thumbsup:

Have a good 40th Trickster. :P

The 100 club as an allnighter is what travelling is all about and long may it continue. whatever bar we end up in after it will have to do till the next one.

Travelling from Scotland via Dublin this time so will be up for a party no sleep to bed time !

yeh of course, sorry i didn`t mean i don`t like the travelling, we used to have more of a laugh travelling to the nighters than the actual event, just the third or fourth nighter my wifes been to and i wanted to take her to one of the best for her 40th thats all :thumbsup:

Guest Goldwax

I could have wept when the lights came on at 6.00 last month. As Andy says, things are just getting warmed up in the early hours. I guess we'll just have to give the old varnish a good going over early doors. So, anyone not on the dancefloor by 10.30 is a Duffy fan.

I am having to miss this one unfortunately as am having my living room replastered at the moment. It's a nightmare!

Could do with saving a few quid anyway as have spent all my money on bloody records again.

I love the long hours though. For me having to leave at 3am would be a big disappointment. Im only getting warmed up by then.

Look forward to the next one in May and then Cleethorpes :thumbsup::thumbsup: .

Best weekend of the year for me. :P

Have a good 40th Trickster. :P

yes,yes and yes totally agree with yaaa :thumbsup:

Guest Mrs Simsy

I could have wept when the lights came on at 6.00 last month. As Andy says, things are just getting warmed up in the early hours. I guess we'll just have to give the old varnish a good going over early doors. So, anyone not on the dancefloor by 10.30 is a Duffy fan.

:Plaugh.gif

Have a good 40th Trickster! :ohmy:

See you all in May. :lol:

10.30?? That's a quarter of a way thru the night by my reckoning - I'll be grabbing my space by 9-15 at the latest!!

See you at The Club

Mark C

Latest News

Well we've got 2 post dance parties organised, one local and one in Islington, both are smallish under a hundred each but that'll be about right. Free admission to both as far as I know.

The council geezer postponed the Monday meeting so we don't know about May yet but the club manager is pretty certain we'll be OK once they've ironed the semi-nudity items out.

So it's all on for another wild one down t'Undred.

Guest James Trouble

Just to confirm the 100 club is at the usual venue this saturday? makin the trip down i thinks as the last one was so feckin great!

L

Wasn't it! Hope to see you there, man!

Ady doesn't know it yet, but I'm still going to hijack the decks for one record, I was gutted at Rugby last weekend when I couldn't get my iPod hooked up to play it after the postie was on go slow, but now that the vinyl has arrived it can't wait another week to be played out, it's pretty special...

chimp_gun.JPG

And like one or two other softies, I don't mind the 3am finish either :thumbsup:

Edited by James Trouble

Wasn't it! Hope to see you there, man!

Ady doesn't know it yet, but I'm still going to hijack the decks for one record, I was gutted at Rugby last weekend when I couldn't get my iPod hooked up to play it after the postie was on go slow, but now that the vinyl has arrived it can't wait another week to be played out, it's pretty special...

chimp_gun.JPG

And like one or two other softies, I don't mind the 3am finish either :blush:

Good stuff, i'm intrigued james!!... hope to see you there!

In Soul

L