Bournemouth Opera House 31st May

Guest FREEBIRD

Guest FREEBIRD

opera-house08.jpg

HERE WE GO AGAIN!! After the huge success of march 29th (300 through the door!) we hold another special evening of northern soul :)

www.operahouse.co.uk

Check thier web site. Then Venue, Then 360degree tour wub.gif

Djs for the evening:

ROWLY (MOUSE TRAP, Cool as F**C)

WARREN( Boogaloo Soul)

Steve Lyons (Incrowd etc)

EMMA COX (OH my God!!)

Residents Alfie and chilli

AND THE ADDED BONUS.....DC FONTANA... 11 PIECE SOUL BAND ...............

8pm till late, No earlier than 4am....Bars close at 4am....

Tickets £10 available on the night,CREDIT CARDS payments on line, or phone 07934483756, or email shauntrotman@btinternet.com

And (and theres more?) ..A short warm up at Greens bar 2doors down From 7pm ,to meet and greet!!....And its free, djs playing soul and motown!!!

RECORD DEALERS WELCOME, NO EXTRA CHARGE BUT NEED TO BOOK A TABLE, OR JUST BRING YOUR BOX !

Check events: lookbacks ( april the 6th ) for the one and only photo..

Edited by FREEBIRD
  • Replies 59
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest FREEBIRD

opera-house08.jpg

Need I say more? Djs Rowly-mousetrap, Warren- Boogaloo, Steve lyons-Incrowd- Emma Cox- :rolleyes: , Residents- Chilli shades.gif and alfie :lol: . AND DC FONTANA!!

4 am BAR!! Check events page for more info. :lol:

Guest FREEBIRD

that's all vey well but what does the venue look like :P

Thank f..k for that.. A genuine reply.. I wont have to `BUMP` this one for a while thumbup.gif

Guest SteveC

Just to let you know Shaun that your event was well plugged at Brighton last night - thanks to Rowly who prompted the DJ who was on at the time thumbsup.gif

Guest FREEBIRD

Hehe!! yeah cheers Steve. :(

Much looking forward to this - have to say the venue looks the nuts.

Its true, its not what you know, its who you know!! Im getting great feed back from all the flyers going out! Furthest so far is stoke of all places(thanks to sean and hellen for doing the honours at the last all nighter).. The Venue,,,, Only the best for ya!!

Guest FREEBIRD

Just to let you know Shaun that your event was well plugged at Brighton last night - thanks to Rowly who prompted the DJ who was on at the time :yes:

Cheers for that. see you on may 4th at ,WE GOT SOUL BABY..

Guest FREEBIRD

opera-house08.jpg

HERE WE GO AGAIN!! After the huge success of march 29th (300 through the door!) we hold another special evening of northern soul :thumbup:

Djs for the evening:

WARREN( Boogaloo Soul)

EMMA COX (OH my God!!)

And (and theres more?) ..A short warm up at Greens bar 2doors down From 7pm ,to meet and greet!!....

CHECK EVENTS PAGE FOR MORE INFO!!!!!

Guest FREEBIRD

do we need to get tickets in advance for the 31st?

Tickets are availible on the night( on the door ) or I can send them out Recorded delivery..

Opera house has a few outlets arround Bournemouth and Poole. check their website. Which ever is best for you?... Ta..Shaun

Guest FREEBIRD

opera-house08.jpg

HERE WE GO AGAIN!! After the huge success of march 29th (300 through the door!) we hold another special evening of northern soul :huh:

www.operahouse.co.uk Check thier web site. Then Venue, Then 360degree tour :D

Djs for the evening:

WARREN( Boogaloo Soul)

EMMA COX (OH my God!!)

Tickets £10 availible on the night, or phone07934483756, or email shauntrotman@btinternet.com

And (and theres more?) ..A short warm up at Greens bar 2doors down From 7pm ,to meet and greet!!....And its free, djs playing soul and motown!!!

................................................................................

.................................................................................

Guest FREEBIRD

opera-house08.jpg

HERE WE GO AGAIN!! After the huge success of march 29th (300 through the door!) we hold another special evening of northern soul rolleyes.gif

www.operahouse.co.uk Check thier web site. Then Venue, Then 360degree tour :lol:

Djs for the evening:

WARREN( Boogaloo Soul)

EMMA COX (OH my God!!)

Tickets £10 availible on the night, or phone07934483756, or email shauntrotman@btinternet.com

HAD YET ANOTHER CALL..NO" MARK BICNELL " Wont be at The OPERA HOUSE (as previously advertised) on 31st may, due to family and work commitments.. Iv had lots of warning on this and look forward to seeing him in Bournemouth in the near future......

Guest Nik Mak

Massively excited about this as the venue looks absolutely fantastic. Can't wait. Bigged this up at the last Boogaloo and may have a few coming down on the night.

Warren Boogaloo

Ditto! Missed the last one due to an operation! Did a few All-Dayers and a couple of All-nighters at the Opera house many many years ago! (Edison had just invented the light bulb) The venue is absolutely stunning and perfect for a great knees up! Hey mate will need some more flyers off ya for the next W.G.S.B! which is on the week before! (Sunday 25th May) ran out of your last lot a days ago!!!

Regards

Guest FREEBIRD

Massively excited about this as the venue looks absolutely fantastic. Can't wait. Bigged this up at the last Boogaloo and may have a few coming down on the night.

Warren Boogaloo

Cheers Warren, You will love it even more when you walk through that door(and get behind those decks)......The Venue is f***king gorgeous, with no silly rules.. See you soon..

Edited by FREEBIRD
Guest FREEBIRD

Ditto! Missed the last one due to an operation! Did a few All-Dayers and a couple of All-nighters at the Opera house many many years ago! (Edison had just invented the light bulb) The venue is absolutely stunning and perfect for a great knees up! Hey mate will need some more flyers off ya for the next W.G.S.B! which is on the week before! (Sunday 25th May) ran out of your last lot a days ago!!!

Regards

Hi Nick,

Yes, you missed a "great" night in march, the venue is out of this world, We`ve had a lot of interest in this due to word and mouth alone. Will sort you out some more flyers soon.

I like what you did at W.G.S.B. ( Employ the Soul Police!! ) . Can you put in a good word for me, as Iv got a few (soul) convictions to be taken in to consideration.

Hi Nick,

Yes, you missed a "great" night in march, the venue is out of this world, We`ve had a lot of interest in this due to word and mouth alone. Will sort you out some more flyers soon.

I like what you did at W.G.S.B. ( Employ the Soul Police!! ) . Can you put in a good word for me, as Iv got a few (soul) convictions to be taken in to consideration.

G'Day Shaun, sounds like everyone loved the Opera House. We are travelling 12000 miles so it better be good lol. Any prizes for the furthest distance travelled to the venue?

All the best for the May gig see yas all in September, Skippy included. Tony T BONE

Guest FREEBIRD

G'Day Shaun, sounds like everyone loved the Opera House. We are travelling 12000 miles so it better be good lol. Any prizes for the furthest distance travelled to the venue?

All the best for the May gig see yas all in September, Skippy included. Tony T BONE

12000 miles just to come to the opera house!! must be good? Il give you free entry for you and your driver( And SKIPPY)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Edited by FREEBIRD

12000 miles just to come to the opera house!! must be good? Il give you free entry for you and your driver( And SKIPPY)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cheers Shaun we can't wait and the tunes from OZ ??? well you'll just have to wait and see mate. Stay Soulful and good luck with the May gig. Tony " T BONE " Perth W.A.

Guest FREEBIRD

Cheers Shaun we can't wait and the tunes from OZ ??? well you'll just have to wait and see mate. Stay Soulful and good luck with the May gig. Tony " T BONE " Perth W.A.

Realy looking forward to meeting up, and having beer b4 the night..

Guest FREEBIRD

opera-house08.jpg

HERE WE GO AGAIN!! After the huge success of march 29th (300 through the door!) we hold another special evening of northern soul :lol:

www.operahouse.co.uk

Check thier web site. Then Venue, Then 360degree tour :lol:

Djs for the evening:

WARREN( Boogaloo Soul)

EMMA COX (OH my God!!)

RECORD DEALERS WELCOME, NO EXTRA CHARGE BUT NEED TO BOOK A TABLE, OR JUST BRING YOUR BOX !!

BUMP, COS ITS ONLY TWO WEEKS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest FREEBIRD

BUMP, COS ITS ONLY TWO WEEKS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7_5_137.gifwill have tickets with me tonight at farnborough football club, 1st Aniversary do Tonight.

Edited by FREEBIRD
Guest FREEBIRD

Well, Mrs Boogaloo and I have booked the hotel for the weekend so she's looking for long walks along the seashore and I'm looking forward to spinning some top tunes and getting hammered. :lol:

Cheers

Warren

Cheers warren,

I just cant wait. ONLY 6 MORE SLEEPS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest FREEBIRD

Cheers warren,

I just cant wait. ONLY 6 MORE SLEEPS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLEEP, I WISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!..4MORE IF IM LUCKY....

hi shaun, venue does look good we are looking forward to trying out that floor plenty of room to run around on..ive seen dc fontana and they are an excellent band who play soul like it should be played.. see you there mate sean n helen

Guest FREEBIRD

Went to the do in Wandsworth last night and got talking to Steve Lyons about next week. both of us were very impressed with the venue and looking forward to a great night.

Thats right,!! You will see it realy is the best venue in the south. People have compared it to Blackpool tower, with cleaner bogs.

In fact they have just spent over £4000000 on the place.(And then hired it to us :ohmy: ) See you there..

Guest FREEBIRD

hi shaun, venue does look good we are looking forward to trying out that floor plenty of room to run around on..ive seen dc fontana and they are an excellent band who play soul like it should be played.. see you there mate sean n helen

Cheers mate, Realy is as good as it looks. See you both there. Dont forget the warm up in greens bar, (if Hellen dont make you late).

Guest FREEBIRD

Hi Shaun hope this event is a great success for you you deserve it !

Mandy :)

Cheers mandy, If the last one was anything to go by.. it will be brilliant..... :wub:

ps, its alfie`s birthday, and he`s 49 years old.. but dont tell any one :D .................

Guest mandyjane

Cheers mandy, If the last one was anything to go by.. it will be brilliant..... :wicked:

ps, its alfie`s birthday, and he`s 49 years old.. but dont tell any one :huh: .................

No i think it s going to be even better :shades:

P.s Alfie does not look that old :lol: I wont tell a soul :huh:

Guest Dave Mortimore

. Here we go again. Yet another big night in Bournemouth!

Sometimes it's not always possible to get on the dancefloor at the generally crowded local events. But for sure, the large wooden floor at this venue will provide sufficient room for everyone to cut some space to dance.

Whilst at Rubyz on Sunday Night, I had a friendly chat with resident D.J. Alfie and he has promised to deliver some really good dance numbers befitting of such a large arena. So there should be no excuses (except maybe a pulled muscle) not to hammer the dancefloor. Steve Lyonns has also promised to deliver some Classic Oldies from deep within his collection. Certain ones I hope he'll play are :-

Manifesto, Johny Sayles - I can't get enough, Sam & Kitty - I've got something good, Hesitations - I'm not built that way, Stanley Mitchell - Get it baby, Billy Butler - Right Track, Charlie & Inez Foxx - Tightrope, N F Porter - Keep on keepin on, Casualeers - Dance Dance Dance, Yvonne Baker - You didn't say a word, Carl Carlton - Competition ain't nothing, Darrell Banks - Angel baby, Saxie Russell - Pyschadelic Soul, Edwin Starr - Time / My weakness is you and Gwen Owens - Wanted & Needed.

. Absolutely No Pressure Steve!

Oh, and not forgetting two of my all time favourites that I've yet to hear on the South coast :-

Terrible Tom - We were made for each other

Joe Hicks - Don't it make you feel funky

So, here's to another good session at The Opera House.

. Dave Mortimore (an ex-Potter, living in Poole)

Guest FREEBIRD

Hi Dave,

We've played most if not all at Bournemouth Uni do's.Possibly not Terrible Tom but think most of the others have been played.I've certainly played Joe Hicks.Got some more stomping oldies for next one coming in post. :sleep3::lol:

Dave Morris

Evening Dave, Good plug for your do?? are you going then? Maybe you should. and you will see why Dave is wetting himself with excitement..

If any body didnt get the hint? THE NEXT UNI DO IS ON THE 21 OF JUNE, Dylans Bar,FERN BARROW< BOURNEMOUTH BH12 5BB £5 on the door.....

Edited by FREEBIRD
Guest FREEBIRD

. Here we go again. Yet another big night in Bournemouth!

Sometimes it's not always possible to get on the dancefloor at the generally crowded local events. But for sure, the large wooden floor at this venue will provide sufficient room for everyone to cut some space to dance.

Whilst at Rubyz on Sunday Night, I had a friendly chat with resident D.J. Alfie and he has promised to deliver some really good dance numbers befitting of such a large arena. So there should be no excuses (except maybe a pulled muscle) not to hammer the dancefloor. Steve Lyonns has also promised to deliver some Classic Oldies from deep within his collection. Certain ones I hope he'll play are :-

Manifesto, Johny Sayles - I can't get enough, Sam & Kitty - I've got something good, Hesitations - I'm not built that way, Stanley Mitchell - Get it baby, Billy Butler - Right Track, Charlie & Inez Foxx - Tightrope, N F Porter - Keep on keepin on, Casualeers - Dance Dance Dance, Yvonne Baker - You didn't say a word, Carl Carlton - Competition ain't nothing, Darrell Banks - Angel baby, Saxie Russell - Pyschadelic Soul, Edwin Starr - Time / My weakness is you and Gwen Owens - Wanted & Needed.

. Absolutely No Pressure Steve!

Oh, and not forgetting two of my all time favourites that I've yet to hear on the South coast :-

Terrible Tom - We were made for each other

Joe Hicks - Don't it make you feel funky

So, here's to another good session at The Opera House.

. Dave Mortimore (an ex-Potter, living in Poole)

[/quote

Cheers Dave, See you both there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest FREEBIRD

I've edited this post as my original made it seem I was plugging my own night.My sincere apologies to Shaun.

Dave.

Ill always suport local do`s when ever possible. Apologies not needed..

Guest FREEBIRD

So!.... you guys up for a little bit of R&B with ya Soul? :thumbsup:

Just me and you then............................................................................

.36_1_33.gif (140 tickets sold so far,so should be a few more on that dance floor)..Opera house has just informed me they have also sold 62 tickets, with lots of promises for the night... On the basis of a 40 % paid in advance this looks like one HELL of a night.!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by FREEBIRD