Bournemouth Opera House 31st May

Guest FREEBIRD

• Replies 59
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

G'Day Shaun, All the very best for the 31st, hope it's a blinder mate. We are getting revved up for the September do, oh and the poster looks brilliant. Got some absolutely stonkin tunes to spin for ya including an unheard track by Aussie soul star Doug Parkinson. No it's not i'll be around so you'll just have to wait and see. Anyway pack em in to the Opera House t'morra, see yas in September. Tony and Sue, Perth W.A.

Guest Dave Mortimore

I've edited this post as my original made it seem I was plugging my own night.My sincere apologies to Shaun.

Dave.

Well Dave,

. I've been to every University Soul Night, bar the one that clashed last year with Bishopstoke (an unmissable event on the calender), so you must have played 'Joe Hicks - Don't it make you feel funky' at that time, because I haven't heard it being played in nigh on 30 years (except at the Kings Hall Allnighter). I unfortunately missed 'I've got something good' played by Butch at Rubyz on Sunday, and I know for sure I've only heard it the once after many years at The Crown courtesy of Alfie.

Steve Lyonns went down a storm at Bishopstoke when he played 'Manifesto' which is the only time (after much pleading) I've heard it on the South Coast.

So please feel free to play these and others at the next University Soul Night on June 21st.

. Dave Mortimore

Guest FREEBIRD

Well Dave,

. I've been to every University Soul Night, bar the one that clashed last year with Bishopstoke (an unmissable event on the calender), so you must have played 'Joe Hicks - Don't it make you feel funky' at that time, because I haven't heard it being played in nigh on 30 years (except at the Kings Hall Allnighter). I unfortunately missed 'I've got something good' played by Butch at Rubyz on Sunday, and I know for sure I've only heard it the once after many years at The Crown courtesy of Alfie.

Steve Lyonns went down a storm at Bishopstoke when he played 'Manifesto' which is the only time (after much pleading) I've heard it on the South Coast.

So please feel free to play these and others at the next University Soul Night on June 21st.

. Dave Mortimore

Oi, Oi, Oi.......Any More Soul do`s want a mentoin on "MY" thread. Only joking boys, Help your self. Hopfuly see you all tomorrow..

Guest Rowly

Just me and you then............................................................................

Don't you believe it!

Warren makes 3 of us at least! :ohmy:

.36_1_33.gif (140 tickets sold so far,so should be a few more on that dance floor)..Opera house has just informed me they have also sold 62 tickets, with lots of promises for the night... On the basis of a 40 % paid in advance this looks like one HELL of a night.!!!!!!!!!!
Guest FREEBIRD

G'Day Shaun, All the very best for the 31st, hope it's a blinder mate. We are getting revved up for the September do, oh and the poster looks brilliant. Got some absolutely stonkin tunes to spin for ya including an unheard track by Aussie soul star Doug Parkinson. No it's not i'll be around so you'll just have to wait and see. Anyway pack em in to the Opera House t'morra, see yas in September. Tony and Sue, Perth W.A.

Cheers Tony

Things are all under control here ( Yeh Right!! ). And we will be Advertising sept 6th for you ..Keep your eye on event look backs cos its sure to be a good one!!!

Edited by FREEBIRD
Guest FREEBIRD

opera-house08.jpg

HERE WE GO AGAIN!! After the huge success of march 29th (300 through the door!) we hold another special evening of northern soul :)

www.operahouse.co.uk

Check thier web site. Then Venue, Then 360degree tour :P

Djs for the evening:

ROWLY (MOUSE TRAP, Cool as F**C)

WARREN( Boogaloo Soul)

Steve Lyons (Incrowd etc)

EMMA COX (OH my God!!)

Residents Alfie and chilli

AND THE ADDED BONUS.....DC FONTANA... 11 PIECE SOUL BAND ...............

8pm till late, No earlier than 4am....Bars close at 4am....

Tickets £10 available on the night,CREDIT CARDS payments on line, or phone 07934483756, or email shauntrotman@btinternet.com

And (and theres more?) ..A short warm up at Greens bar 2doors down From 7pm ,to meet and greet!!....And its free, djs playing soul and motown!!!

RECORD DEALERS WELCOME, NO EXTRA CHARGE BUT NEED TO BOOK A TABLE, OR JUST BRING YOUR BOX !

Check events: lookbacks ( april the 6th ) for the one and only photo..

:P

Guest FREEBIRD

Thats right,!! You will see it realy is the best venue in the south. People have compared it to Blackpool tower, with cleaner bogs.

In fact they have just spent over £4000000 on the place.(And then hired it to us :thumbsup: ) See you there..

PROBABLY MY LAST POST ON THIS THREAD BY ME( DONT CHEER!!)

HOPE TO SEE A FEW OF YOU DOWN OUR WAY TONIGHT.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THE OTHER PROMOTORS PUTTING ON A DO TONIGHT..

THE WEATHER IS GORGEOUS, COME DOWN A BIT EARLY AND ENJOY BOURNEMOUTH!!!!!

ps.. DONT FORGET THE WARM UP IN GREENS BAR> PAUL IS DJING A GREAT SET OF SOUL AND MOTOWN FROM 6.30 pm..

.................................SHAUN..S.O.S.

Guest Dave Mortimore

After reading the strings on this site many times, I often wondered who this 'Freebird' might be. My thinking was that she must have been brought in specially, like many others, to support and promote the event. The more I read, the more I wondered what she must be like? I began to have visions. No, more like dreams of this tall, shapely woman that was going to show up like a goddess on the night.

. And then horror of horrors! I suddenly realised it was Shaun!

. What a disappointment and you turning up in a mini skirt won't make up for it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alfie if you're reading this, please let me know what medication you're taking. Because if you're 49, I want some of it.

Also bring along some of the stuff you played at Sandford in March. For instance,

The Platters - Sweet Lovin', Timebox - Beggin', I'm the Man, etc.

We're all looking forward to your stints. But don't play too many good ones before we get there. Which largely depends on when we get our two youngest into bed. You know the score.

. See You soon!

. Dave & Jan Mortimore

Edited by Dave Mortimore
Guest FREEBIRD

After reading the strings on this site many times, I often wondered who this 'Freebird' might be. My thinking was that she must have been brought in specially, like many others, to support and promote the event. The more I read, the more I wondered what she must be like? I began to have visions. No, more like dreams of this tall, shapely woman that was going to show up like a goddess on the night.

. And then horror of horrors! I suddenly realised it was Shaun!

. What a disappointment and you turning up in a mini skirt won't make up for it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alfie if you're reading this, please let me know what medication you're taking. Because if you're 49, I want some of it.

Also bring along some of the stuff you played at Sandford in March. For instance,

The Platters - Sweet Lovin', Timebox - Beggin', I'm the Man, etc.

We're all looking forward to your stints. But don't play too many good ones before we get there. Which largely depends on when we get our two youngest into bed. You know the score.

. See You soon!

. Dave & Jan Mortimore

SKIRT !!!!! Thats tuesdays you BUGGER!!!!! "FREEBIRD", NOW THAT WILL GET YOU GUESSING.

Its not very soulful though4_12_12.gif