East Kirkby 2nd Anniversary

Guest Jonah 1959

Guest Jonah 1959

Well Friday night was upon us yet again,wondering where to venture our Pete said there was East Kirkby 2nd Anniversary do on .

So I phoned my very good friend's wife and No1 of the house Joy , "Yocky's mentor" for the postcode and off we went.

What a lovely venue, friendly people good size room and an excellent size dance floor.Very cheap entrance £3 for an anniversary and a complimentary CD what a good do we thought ,even better to come bar prices mega cheap.

We got a table with Joy and Yocky Barnsleys No1 soul couple , young Rosie and her lovely mother Jane were near by ,also John and soul boy Alex simms, Yocky hit the deck's about 21.30pm and played his usual cant fault set, followed by Mr Ian Gee who played to the floor with an excellent set,I'd love to know who keep's giving Ian a certain flavour of Jam.

Anyway all i can say is that this venue should be more supported and Me ,Rachel and Peter will be attending again .

Good Luck for the future.

Jonah :thumbup:

• Replies 15
  • Views 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well Friday night was upon us yet again,wondering where to venture our Pete said there was East Kirkby 2nd Anniversary do on .

So I phoned my very good friend's wife and No1 of the house Joy , "Yocky's mentor" for the postcode and off we went.

What a lovely venue, friendly people good size room and an excellent size dance floor.Very cheap entrance £3 for an anniversary and a complimentary CD what a good do we thought ,even better to come bar prices mega cheap.

We got a table with Joy and Yocky Barnsleys No1 soul couple , young Rosie and her lovely mother Jane were near by ,also John and soul boy Alex simms, Yocky hit the deck's about 21.30pm and played his usual cant fault set, followed by Mr Ian Gee who played to the floor with an excellent set,I'd love to know who keep's giving Ian a certain flavour of Jam.

Anyway all i can say is that this venue should be more supported and Me ,Rachel and Peter will be attending again .

Jonah :thumbup:

HI Jonah

Well said must agree great night, arrived late after a large family meal, danced the calzoni and cake off, pleased for Dave, good numbers in new faces, good to see Joy and Yocky Yorkshires finest,see you at the next one, out on the floor.

Mall

big thanks to dave and sue,for making the nite special for the netster and my self

all the djs played blinding sets,good to see a few young uns there aswell dancing the the nite

away.we will be back for deffo keep it up dave and sue :lol::ohmy:

well what can i say but a massive thanks to each and every one off you that attended east kirkby last night from me Night nurse. Gary the soul doctor. And the lovely door lady Sue . The night was kicked off by gary with his usaual blend of soul medication for the nation then i went on for half hour spot to play a few 100 mile a hour stompers i was told to go easy on you all by sue but hell no and you showed her we not to old to move. Then the man from Barnsly went on boy he knows how to keep a floor going Yocky you played a blinder mate as always you did us proud mate and you are always welcome back anytime . And then came the golden hour mr Ian Gee what could i say about this man he rocked the place dispite his lovly wife knocking my banner down lol he played a blend of oldies that made your feet move nice one Ian then to finish the night of myself and Gary played till halfpast 12 back to back and we still had a load in there dancing and yes we played Duffy becaurse i was told if we didnt then they would never return i wanted to play it all night just for carl and the crew but i was afraid to take it out the box as they said that it would be nicked and set on fire lol so i kept it well out the way it was played as the last record of the night so i got away with it but it still got the last few folk there dancing. A big thanks to the soul crew(barnsly ) and the sound crew and to all you folk for making it the best night in the midlands as we have said the djs dont make the venue its the folk who pays the money to come though the door i have always said that east kirkby soul club belongs to you the paying puntersand you all deserve a pat on the back . So a big thanks to you all and hope to see you all next month with geust dj marky mole and mick H 2nd of may. Pic on soulsource gallery to follow. If i missed anyone sorry but you know who you are.

Jonah :ohmy:

thanks jonah for your kind words hope to see you next month mate

well what can i say but a massive thanks to each and every one off you that attended east kirkby last night from me Night nurse. Gary the soul doctor. And the lovely door lady Sue . The night was kicked off by gary with his usaual blend of soul medication for the nation then i went on for half hour spot to play a few 100 mile a hour stompers i was told to go easy on you all by sue but hell no and you showed her we not to old to move. Then the man from Barnsly went on boy he knows how to keep a floor going Yocky you played a blinder mate as always you did us proud mate and you are always welcome back anytime . And then came the golden hour mr Ian Gee what could i say about this man he rocked the place dispite his lovly wife knocking my banner down lol he played a blend of oldies that made your feet move nice one Ian then to finish the night of myself and Gary played till halfpast 12 back to back and we still had a load in there dancing and yes we played Duffy becaurse i was told if we didnt then they would never return i wanted to play it all night just for carl and the crew but i was afraid to take it out the box as they said that it would be nicked and set on fire lol so i kept it well out the way it was played as the last record of the night so i got away with it but it still got the last few folk there dancing. A big thanks to the soul crew(barnsly ) and the sound crew and to all you folk for making it the best night in the midlands as we have said the djs dont make the venue its the folk who pays the money to come though the door i have always said that east kirkby soul club belongs to you the paying puntersand you all deserve a pat on the back . So a big thanks to you all and hope to see you all next month with geust dj marky mole and mick H 2nd of may. Pic on soulsource gallery to follow. If i missed anyone sorry but you know who you are.

Hi Dave n Sue

Really enjoyed it last night totally agree with you ! got to say thought you all played brilliant spots great atmosphere what more can you say

gaz

What can I say absolutely Brilliant !! This is a monster of a Soul club and along with Kingsway, Sixhills, Fed , and the Central, these are the places to be if you want to hit the Jackpot on the Nottingham soul scene.

Love the Notts soul scene to bit's we have always been made very welcome here it's just like home for us warm and welcoming.

Very humbled to be asked to play and loved every minute of it. A man cannot ask for much more in a weekend aswell as going to wembley. What a weekend they don't come much better!!!.

Love to everyone

Yocky ('s going to Wembley) and Jx

What can I say absolutely Brilliant !! This is a monster of a Soul club and along with Kingsway, Sixhills, Fed , and the Central, these are the places to be if you want to hit the Jackpot on the Nottingham soul scene.

Love the Notts soul scene to bit's we have always been made very welcome here it's just like home for us warm and welcoming.

Very humbled to be asked to play and loved every minute of it. A man cannot ask for much more in a weekend aswell as going to wembley. What a weekend they don't come much better!!!.

Love to everyone

Yocky ('s going to Wembley) and Jx

hey mate you always welcome here you two are the nicest couple we know and cant wait for barnsly verse notts for the robin hood cup

Thanks to Dave, Sue and Gaz for yet another brilliant night at East Kirkby, up to the usual standard. One of the best around. We just can't get enough of that soul medication. Hope that all the people who turned up and who have added comments on this thread keep their promises and come next month 2nd May. D S & G work so hard to organise these nights, not in it for the money, just to provide a good soulful night out and need our support.

John and Joyce (exhausted of Barnsley)

Thanks to Dave, Sue and Gaz for yet another brilliant night at East Kirkby, up to the usual standard. One of the best around. We just can't get enough of that soul medication. Hope that all the people who turned up and who have added comments on this thread keep their promises and come next month 2nd May. D S & G work so hard to organise these nights, not in it for the money, just to provide a good soulful night out and need our support.

John and Joyce (exhausted of Barnsley)

a big thanks to you two for your support though out the last year i dont think you have missed one have you

well what can i say but a massive thanks to each and every one off you that attended east kirkby last night from me Night nurse. Gary the soul doctor. And the lovely door lady Sue .

The night was kicked off by gary with his usaual blend of soul medication for the nation then i went on for half hour spot to play a few 100 mile a hour stompers i was told to go easy on you all by sue but hell no and you showed her we not to old to move.

Then the man from Barnsly went on boy he knows how to keep a floor going Yocky you played a blinder mate as always you did us proud mate and you are always welcome back anytime .

Then came the golden hour mr Ian Gee what could i say about this man he rocked the place dispite his lovly wife knocking my banner down lol laugh.gif he played a blend of oldies that made your feet move. Nice one Ian :thumbup:

Then to finish the night of myself and Gary played till halfpast 12 back to back and we still had a load in there dancing and yes we played "Duffy" becaurse i was told if we didnt then they would never return. I wanted to play it all night just for carl and the crew but i was afraid to take it out the box as they said that it would be nicked and set on fire lol boxing.gif so i kept it well out the way it was played as the last record of the night so i got away with it but it still got the last few folk there dancing.

A big thanks to the soul crew(barnsly ) and the sound crew and to all you folk for making it the best night in the midlands as we have said the djs dont make the venue its the folk who pays the money to come though the door i have always said that east kirkby soul club belongs to you the paying punters and you all deserve a pat on the back .

So a big thanks to you all and hope to see you all next month with geust dj marky mole and Mick H 2nd of May. Pic on soulsource gallery to follow. If i missed anyone sorry but you know who you are.

Hi Dave

glad you had a great night looks like the hard work is paying off at last :thumbup:

Editted your post down so I could read it all that RED was sending me cross-eyed :ohmy:

take care

Rob & Karen

it would be good to see you somtime you both more than welcome anytime as you both know but it was a cracker of a night and we hope to see you both here one day

Yes dave we'll come shifts permitting,as you know we had some business at The Earl of Doncaster to attend to, we saw Terry Wright and he told me The earl had been running again for 5 years ! I thought it was only 2 years since we had been at his previous venue in Armthorpe before he moved !!! Time flys by.

see you soon

Rob & Karen

Guest rayskim

Big hello and bigger thanks for a great night. You always deliver but this was a bit special so glad to see the numbers up and I know they will get bigger and bigger. You deserve all the support you get and more because you are really special people who do it out of love and great to see you are now starting to reap what you sow.

Looking forward to the next one .Commiserations to Yocky next year perhaps!!!!!!!!

If you have not been before get yourself down there you will not be disappointed.