• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

did anyone else get a £50 parking fine? :ohmy:

Great night thanks to everyone who attended

Regards

Michael, Ray and the man without a woman

you should have paid your £3 in the proper car park mate. :lol::lol:

great nite paul. music was top notch all night .

steve jays set was spot on for me.

we'll be there next time .

rupert

did anyone else get a £50 parking fine? :lol:

Regards

Trev might as well have done, I lost count of how man times he went around the block, trying to avoid paying for the car park. He must have used close to 50 quid in fuel :lol:

Great night after we'd finally parked..........top quality tunes throughout :ohmy: , though it did get a bit blurry towards the end, probably due to the fact we'd cleared the bar of Old Peculiar, and set about the Speckled Hen... :lol:

Regards

WORSE mate, got home 1.45am ravenous and up for some toast with me mate gunny then realised I had just got a set of car keys no house key. so had to wake up my little nest of vipers (WIFE) .Gunny who had downed 6 pints and said he felt tired, recovered when the bedroom window opened, took off & passed through the sound barrier before he got to the end of the street. I had the last word in the argument which I think was sorry....

Loved the toons. My mate Floydd who I had not seen for ten years (don't think he had been to a soul do in that time living in Luxenberg) thought the toons had a Stafford feel to them Quality and new to his ears. Also put a face to KevinKent top guy, very intresting to speak to. I had a top nite being out and about again, reminiscing about funny stories. Sleeping bag in car next time. Top class job to all involved. KIMBO,GUNNY, VINNIE,SUE, FLOYDD & DAVE.

Paul ,Mick & Ray...im glad it went well for you fellas,i was gutted ,id planed to attend but with this new postion within the firm i work for they decided to hold meetings at 5.00pm on a Friday (wankers) upon i was expected to attend,this f***** up my evening....again sorry for not attending but next time i WILL be there.

Toby..

Guest MickD

Paul ,Mick & Ray...im glad it went well for you fellas,i was gutted ,id planed to attend but with this new postion within the firm i work for they decided to hold meetings at 5.00pm on a Friday (wankers) upon i was expected to attend,this f***** up my evening....again sorry for not attending but next time i WILL be there.

Toby..

No problems toby ... all play and no work makes Jack a skint boy

see ya at the next one :ohmy:

Guest MickD

Regards

Michael, Raymond and the man without a woman

Normparkingsevices.jpg

Good old Norm :lol:

No problems toby ... all play and no work makes Jack a skint boy

see ya at the next one :lol:

Mick you know me always skint !!!(exept where buying records is concerned) :ohmy:

Toby.

I always thought it was free parking down Trinny st after 7pm, got done at 10-37...while world war 3 is raging down Top end Lincoln Rd every Friday the ob decide to check if folk have got a car park ticket...twats the lot of them.

as for Norm he;s gonna get it :ohmy:

HI Paul, any info on Paul and Mike booked for next DKF. Don't think I have heard them play out. cheers kimbo

I always thought it was free parking down Trinny st after 7pm, got done at 10-37...while world war 3 is raging down Top end Lincoln Rd every Friday the ob decide to check if folk have got a car park ticket...twats the lot of them.

Paul,try and find out where the owner of this company resides,should'nt be too hard (the companies register list)of which you must have access to in your job,

Hire a skip then go to a farm nearby to Peterboro' fill it with excrament( non human),pay the skip driver to deposit on his drive very close to the doors.......trust me it will cost him a bloody fortune to get it removed,and no doubt it wont get your parking fine back,but it will give you a big buzz watching him try and claer it......f****** works cos ive done it,nearly pissed meself when i did it over an unpayed bill,but most of all you must let him see you laughing at him..

Toby..

Paul other than my previous suggestion,why not carry a small battery operated cutter (recipitating) in your boot,cost about £40.00 from homebase,no sparks to damage the paint job on your car,and its NOT against the law,as you have not given permission for the clamper to attatch anything to your car..

Toby.

(last time i did this the clamper appeared as we were cutting off the chain,he went mental untill we wrapped the chain round his neck and threatened to drag him down the road behind the car.

Toby.

did anyone else get a £50 parking fine? :lol:

:ohmy: No, but I now feel a whole lot better about my £60 hotel room!

Great night and well worth the trip up from Kent. Nice to put a few faces to names, 'specially Kimbo - good to meet you at last mate!

Maybe all us old gits should position ourselves in a far corner next time........there were so many youngsters came down those stairs only to come back out within seconds. I even heard one young lad getting berated by his girl with "I thought you said it would be good!?" What did they expect...Duffy? :lol:

Good sets from all the DJ's, with Ray really hitting the spot for me. So pleased that Kitch played his Keni Lewis - I haven't heard it for a while and it really made my night. :lol:

Looking forward to the next one - and the accompanying "flyer" of course!

-Kev.

another top night at the dkof, ray and mick top sounds imo. really enjoyed being the tallest in the

club due to the rail around the bar was a first! but had to keep coming down because im scared

of heights :lol: plus felt a nose bleed coming on...

highlight of the night was about 12.30ish a drunken dkof member coming out with "as kitch been

on yet" lol! as kitch walks past him, didnt think he heard.

also did do a "good deed of the day thingy" when the beauty behind the bar went arse(and wot a nice one)over tit(abit small imo)had the pleasure of picking her up off the floor :ohmy: bless her...

top night shame about the patio for a dance floor.

russ

also did do a "good deed of the day thingy" when the beauty behind the bar went arse(and wot a nice one)over tit(abit small imo)had the pleasure of picking her up off the floor :shades: bless her...

russ

Yes you beat me to that Russ :D

Offered her my phone no in case she needed a witness to her accident but she declined ph34r.gif

She wandered off muttering something about old , fat, bald git or something :ohmy:

Pleased you had a fantastic nite everyone, I was as mardi as me arse on the nite shift!!! Will be there at the next one, looking forward to seeing the new 'flyer' for this, so get yer creative head on Mick. Any playlists yet to really rub salt into the wounds :shades:

Bobby Taylor - There are roses somewhere

The Hyperions - Why you wanna treat me

Blood Hollins - Dont give up

Jackie Beavers - I need my baby

The Paramounts - I'm the one who loves you

Joe King - Speak on Up

Lori & Lance - I don't have to worry

The Hollywood Flames - I'm gonna Stand by you

The Webs - Tomorrow

21st Century - Shadow of a memory

The Winstons - Aint Nothing like a little lovin

Baby Huey - Just being careful

Limitations - Im lonely, I'm worried

Ujima - I'm not ready

Melvin Davies - Find a quiet place

The Sounds Four - Keep on Lovin

Chubby Checker - The Weekends here

The Festivals - Hey Girl

21st Century - Coming right back

Willie Hutch - Love runs out

Jackey Beavers - Love that never grows old

Ellusion - You didn't have to leave

Jock Mitchell - not a chance in a million

Sharon Scott- I'm not afraid

Norm must be very hard or very stupid Paul!!!. unsure.gif

Great nite ,love the venue.A downstairs cellar bar(a wee bit jealous :ohmy: ), nice and seedy just like it should be :D .The place was gettin overcrowded at one point,but what a lovely problem to have!!.

Top music from all behind the wheels of steel,and good company as well :shades: .

Have a smashing time at Boogaloo Mick,see you tonite Ray.

See you all next time,,KEV.

Bobby Taylor - There are roses somewhere

The Hyperions - Why you wanna treat me

Blood Hollins - Dont give up

Jackie Beavers - I need my baby

The Paramounts - I'm the one who loves you

Joe King - Speak on Up

Lori & Lance - I don't have to worry

The Hollywood Flames - I'm gonna Stand by you

The Webs - Tomorrow

21st Century - Shadow of a memory

The Winstons - Aint Nothing like a little lovin

Baby Huey - Just being careful

Limitations - Im lonely, I'm worried

Ujima - I'm not ready

Melvin Davies - Find a quiet place

The Sounds Four - Keep on Lovin

Chubby Checker - The Weekends here

The Festivals - Hey Girl

21st Century - Coming right back

Willie Hutch - Love runs out

Jackey Beavers - Love that never grows old

Ellusion - You didn't have to leave

Jock Mitchell - not a chance in a million

Sharon Scott- I'm not afraid

which of these was the uptempo tune you played for pottsy ? brilliant sound

the webs track was a new one for me aswell :shades:

Guest gibber

another top night at the dkof, ray and mick top sounds imo. really enjoyed being the tallest in the

club due to the rail around the bar was a first! but had to keep coming down because im scared

of heights ph34r.gif plus felt a nose bleed coming on...

highlight of the night was about 12.30ish a drunken dkof member coming out with "as kitch been

on yet" lol! as kitch walks past him, didnt think he heard.

also did do a "good deed of the day thingy" when the beauty behind the bar went arse(and wot a nice one)over tit(abit small imo)had the pleasure of picking her up off the floor :shades: bless her...

top night shame about the patio for a dance floor.

russ

Sounds like you had a good night Russ.

Already to come over when some friends turned up , they didn't leave until late.

When the next one ?

andy

what a great night.terrific music and friendly atmosphere.just what we have come to expect from a dkof night.it must have been good as i was driving and was stone cold sober yet still thoroughly enjoyed myself. the only downer was having to take the pissed up jessies cliff and val home.kids are easier to look after.one had hiccups and the other felt sick!at least elaine fell asleep.

Creative Soul - Rare Soul @ SILK

Quality rare soul tunes from DJs Arthur Fenn, Nidge Mayfield, Cliff Steele, Val & Trev

Saturday 19th April 8 until 1 - SILK, Wellingborough

Just want to thank the DKOF boys for inviting me along to guest for the night,really nice as always catching up with everyone,Rupe thanks for the kind words(the cheques in the post :thumbsup: ).

We had a great time as always and heres my playlist

Jack Montgomery Dont turn your Back On Me Baracuda

Sea Shells Quiet home Village

Rosevelt Mathews You Got Me Diggin On You King

Hesitations Is That The Way to Treat a Girl GWP

Louis Curry Your Just Plain Nice Reel

Reggie Soul Welcome To My World Of Escstacy Capri

Deniece Chandler Mama I Wish id Stayed At Home Lock

Tripplettes That Man Of Mine Molly Jo

Aretha Franklin Dont Let Me Lose My Dream Atlantic

Leroy Taylor Oh Linda Brunswick

Maurice Jackson Luckky Fellow Candlelite

Bonnie Blanchard Your The Only One CRS

Trey Js I Found It All In You Tee Jem

Bitter & The Sweet I Wont Have Any Babies........... Anything Everything

Laura Lee If You Want To Love Again Remember Me Hot Wax

Smoke Im So Glad You Came Along LP Track JBridge

Ace Spectrum Live And Learn Atlantic

Wee Try Me Owl

Tearra Just Loving You Midtown

Seville Show Me The Way Kayo

R Kelly Up And Outta Here La Face

Steve

Guest MickD

time to say a few serious words .........

let me start by saying thanks to Steve jason for coming to our rescue and allowing us to use his funky little cellar bar ..... thanks also to those who came to listen, those who came to dance and to Kitch and Steve jay who came to spin a few tunes at our first night at the xoo bar, it was nice to see the place heaving .... maybe too full at times ... and great to see a few new faces, we would have been stuffed if all the regulars had turned up :thumbup: . The night went off without a hitch however there were a few small lessons learnt which hopefully will greatly improve things for next time - point taken Russ :thumbup:

It gave me a very warm feeling sitting there watching the night pan out in front of my eyes especially as this should have been our first home, which, for whatever reason, never materialised, however the sense of relief was unbearlable and my mind wandered back to 12 months earlier when it was inferred we couldn't fill a phone box let alone the cellar bar at the city club. :)

Now where did I put that told you so tee shirt :thumbsup:

Already looking forward to the next one on May 30th when Arthur Fenn, Mike Bolderson and Kev Holmes pay us a visit and take a stint behind the DKOF decks so come expecting the unexpected

thanks to one and all

Mickd

Edited by MickD
Guest kev such

did anyone else get a £50 parking fine? :thumbsup:

Regards

Michael, Raymond and the man without a woman

£50? The buggers, it was £100 when i got caught the other week at the City Club. If ever there was an opportunity missed when i was handing over the dosh, to a t*@t who kept calling me sir for Barrymore or Burrell to walk past.

Kev

Just want to thank the DKOF boys for inviting me along to guest for the night,really nice as always catching up with everyone,Rupe thanks for the kind words(the cheques in the post :thumbup: ).

Wee Try Me Owl

Steve

Nice set Steve as allways :thumbup: ,

shame i had to attend a function with her indoors else i would have been there.

Dave f...........

Nice set Steve as allways thumbsup.gif ,

shame i had to attend a function with her indoors else i would have been there.

Dave f...........

Thanks Dave I even got out unscathed after Playing R Kelly to the hardcore 60s boys laugh.gif:D seriously a really enjoyable night all round well done to the DKOF boys .

Steve

time to say a few serious words .........

let me start by saying thanks to Steve jason for coming to our rescue and allowing us to use his funky little cellar bar ..... thanks also to those who came to listen, those who came to dance and to Kitch and Steve jay who came to spin a few tunes at our first night at the xoo bar, it was nice to see the place heaving .... maybe too full at times ... and great to see a few new faces, we would have been stuffed if all the regulars had turned up :lol: . The night went off without a hitch however there were a few small lessons learnt which hopefully will greatly improve things for next time - point taken Russ :lol:

It gave me a very warm feeling sitting there watching the night pan out in front of my eyes especially as this should have been our first home, which, for whatever reason, never materialised, however the sense of relief was unbearlable and my mind wandered back to 12 months earlier when it was inferred we couldn't fill a phone box let alone the cellar bar at the city club. :lol:

Now where did I put that told you so tee shirt :)

Already looking forward to the next one on May 30th when Arthur Fenn, Mike Bolderson and Kev Holmes pay us a visit and take a stint behind the DKOF decks so come expecting the unexpected

thanks to one and all

Mickd

I reckon at least 2o regulars couldn't make the night so like you I was well chuffed with the turnout, actually read some of the email exchanges a year ago and they do make interesting reading.

I;m not djing at the next one, taking a rest but will be coming down as a paying punter to show my support to a little soul club with a big heart.

Well done to everyone who has supported and encouraged DKOF, but especially those who chastised and ridiculed Michaels dkof idea 12 months ago it was your negativeness that has pushed us along to make dkof what it is now. I remember one of Linconshires finest saying "if you last more than 12 months it will be a miracle"...you know what Miracles DO happen.

Ps...Steve Jay, such a nice quite unasuming bloke but put a mic in his hand and a box of soul next to him and he turns into a animal and when we show appreciation by offering him a fee for his efforts he politley turns it down and asks for it to be put back in the pot...top man.

Guest BigPaul

A wonderful welcome From Mick, Ray,Paul and the girls. The night seemed to be over all to quickly. What a way to start what turned out to be a fantastic weekend.

Will be back in May to support this and of course our very own Kev H

Never saw you all night Russ Lmao biggrin.gif

Paul dont forget your in Mansfield next month!!!! weve already ordered a spare set of wheels for your motor :yes: Even the dogs go round in pairs here :D:D

Regards

Paul

A wonderful welcome From Mick, Ray,Paul and the girls. The night seemed to be over all to quickly. What a way to start what turned out to be a fantastic weekend.

Will be back in May to support this and of course our very own Kev H

Never saw you all night Russ Lmao biggrin.gif

Paul dont forget your in Mansfield next month!!!! weve already ordered a spare set of wheels for your motor :yes:Even the dogs go round in pairs here :D:D

Regards

Paul

AND EVEN THE WATER'S HARD!!

hi mick, ray , paul ,what a great night had ,top tunes played and mixed up , not just this or that but all mixed together like it should be , oldies newies ect ect ,great to meet paul again ,not seen him since old days, years ago ,nice to chat , great little place, as said , will be back for next one top marks to all d j s great selections , also had nice chat with ray who i did not know, but is a very nice guy all best mr j.p.

Guest gordon russell

hi paul,

sorry we never made it....pete burton had his 50th wedding anniversary party and kindly invited us..(the amigos) lol :thumbsup::boxing: .As your not djing at the next one and youv'e invited some proper djs we'll of course be coming :D:lol:tongue.gif

Guest AndyL

Just want to thank the DKOF boys for inviting me along to guest for the night,really nice as always catching up with everyone,Rupe thanks for the kind words(the cheques in the post laugh.gif ).

Wee Try Me Owl

Steve

was a very nice set Sjay. Nice to speak to Val and Cliff.

Andy

I reckon at least 2o regulars couldn't make the night so like you I was well chuffed with the turnout, actually read some of the email exchanges a year ago and they do make interesting reading.

I;m not djing at the next one, taking a rest but will be coming down as a paying punter to show my support to a little soul club with a big heart.

Well done to everyone who has supported and encouraged DKOF, but especially those who chastised and ridiculed Michaels dkof idea 12 months ago it was your negativeness that has pushed us along to make dkof what it is now. I remember one of Linconshires finest saying "if you last more than 12 months it will be a miracle"...you know what Miracles DO happen.

Ps...Steve Jay, such a nice quite unasuming bloke but put a mic in his hand and a box of soul next to him and he turns into a animal and when we show appreciation by offering him a fee for his efforts he politley turns it down and asks for it to be put back in the pot...top man.

Paul only you and I know why this came about.

Exactly a year ago I had the wrong end of a particularly sh*tty stick thrust unexpectedly into my hand, almost immediately even though i didnt really know you you were on the phone to me offering me support and advice.

You even found me a venue in boro and even offered to share the Dog and Doublet with me to help me start my own promotions should we fail to get ourselves sorted out in Spalding .

Without that kindness from yourself and others with similar intentions ITS Spalding might not ever have happened as I was about sick of all the politics and backbiting and was ready to pack it all in.

I told you at the time how much I appreciated it and if you ever wanted me to guest all you had to do was ask ,you did , I always pay my dues and it was a pleasure to come down and play a few tunes.

My philosophy is to live for the future and try not to dwell on the past so heres to the future of both our events,best

Steve

Sorry a bit late with my posting of thanks - just getting over the weekend, what with DKOF on Friday and then up to Mansfield to visit the Attic on the Saturday. Thanks to all those that came to DKOF on Friday. Great to put some faces to names who post up here on Soul-Source. Nice also being asked about and favourable comments on my recent interview and records played on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire the other week.

Big thanks to both Kitch and Steve Jay who really played some great records - all sounding fantastic over the in-house sound system (hooked up to our own superb Numark TT turntables). What with the tracks played by our guests and our own Paul D and Mick D it really did give something for everyone.

Good to see the guys up from Cambridge, Cliff and co from 'Silks' and the boys down from Mansfield Attic club. Thanks to all the regulars especially the Spalding crowd, Pete Mattock and Russ - who by the way, won an all expenses paid trip to the Attic club for his attending every DKOF event so far (well I was going anyway but don't tell Russ that!) He was also presented once in the Attic club with a large(ish) sum of cash from Gary (one of the Attic boys) - Russ was so overjoyed that he felt obliged to give Gary a couple of records from his Sales box in return. Nice one Russ!!

Here are some of the records played by me on Friday - in no particular order.

Thanks, Ray

Betty Everett - Please love me (Onederful) - yes it is a 'onederful' record!

Minzi Berry - The hurt is gone (Score) - not everyones cup of tea but if you like the Shrine releases then you will like this also.

Gene Toones - What more do you want (Simco)

Bobby Bland - These hands small but mighty (Duke) - Thumbs up from a fair few for this one

Cliff Nobles - My love is getting stronger (JV)

International GTO's - I love my baby (Rojac)

James Conwell - The trouble with the girls (4J Records)

Larks - For the love of money (Arock) - good to hear Steve L play this at the Attic on Saturday

Ballards - I cant see your love (Vee Jay)

Vito & the Salutations - I'd best be going (Sandbag)

Marion Stewart - I must be loosing you (R records) - what a great opening line - "I hold your hand......, colder than a hand without a glove........, I understand that's the way you feel about our love....., I must be loosing you..."

Fabulous Peps - My love looks good on you (D-Town)

Patti Austin - All my love (Coral) - request (must have played this over the last 20 years for Paul from Spalding!)

Big Frank - I wont let her see me cry (Philips) - how good did this come over the in-house sound system

Darrow Fletcher - What good am I without you (Jacklyn) - sounded superb also!

ZZ Hill - What more do you want (Kent) - fantastic

James Bounty - Rags to riches (Compass) - Thumbs up for this one too

Little Charles - Talkin' about you, babe - (Decca)

Soul Brothers - What can it be (Wheelsville) - hmmm different!

Betty Lavette - Stand up like a man (Calla) - A big DKOF spin, going down a storm!

Clyde McPhatter - Lonely people cant afford to cry (Amy) - Back to Stafford here

And from my early setting up/testing the sound system spot (well someone had to entertain early bird Pete Mattocks!!) 7.40 til 8pm

Maurice Jackson - Lucky Fellow (Candle Lite)

JE Morsan - By my side (MGS)

Terry Callier - Look at me now (Cadet)

The Mad Lads - Did my baby call (Volt)

Rozetta Johnson - Mine was real (Clintone)

David Ruffin - Rode by the place (Motown)

Good to see the guys up from Cambridge, Cliff and co from 'Silks' and the boys down from Mansfield Attic club. Thanks to all the regulars especially the Spalding crowd, Pete Mattock and Russ - who by the way, won an all expenses paid trip to the Attic club for his attending every DKOF event so far (well I was going anyway but don't tell Russ that!) He was also presented once in the Attic club with a large(ish) sum of cash from Gary (one of the Attic boys) - Russ was so overjoyed that he felt obliged to give Gary a couple of records from his Sales box in return. Nice one Russ!!

hey you cheeky bugger! not a good way to speak to your elders, by 1 month.

all expenses, should have made you pay the entrance fee :yes: well i suppose he did do

a detour via clubland nottingham! when it comes to driving rays as bad as a woman

do you actually hold a driving licence! :P

russ

ps, atleast i sold some records eventhough i think he fancied me :ohmy::)