• Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

No probs what so ever

In fact thanks for pointing it out, as sometimes miss stuff

Have deleted orig post and added it below

Did anyone listen to Chris Moyles on Radio 1 this morning (just me hey. sad bastard)Will Young was a guest and he asked if he could play a track off a cd he'd bought.The track was Lee Shot Williams 'Welcome to the Club.' Moyles played it but took the piss for most of the track.My question is does anyone know the cd it was off,I'm presuming it was a Federal thing as other artists on it included Lula reed,Freddy King & Tiny Topsy.

Thanks

Stamford

Social source share

not only moved it but heres the cd as well

KING NEW BREED - KENT - CDKEND 210

TRACK LISTING

BURNT TOAST AND BLACK COFFEE - MIKE PEDICIN - I'M SHAKIN' - LITTLE WILLIE JOHN - THANKS MR POSTMAN - BOBBY KING - JUST A LITTLE BIT - TINY TOPSY - HAD YOU TOLD IT LIKE IT WAS (IT WOULDN'T BE LIKE IT IS) - ALBERT KING - YOU'RE WELCOME TO THE CLUB - LEE "SHOT" WILLIAMS - NOT MUCH (DO YOU BABY) - ROSEMARY - NOW I'VE GOT A WOMAN / SOME OTHER DAY, SOME OTHER TIME - FREDDY KING - THREE LITTLE PIGS - JAMES DUNCAN - DON'T BE SO MEAN - WILLIAM PATTON - I SAY I LOVE YOU - JOHNNY WATSON - MY KINDA GIRL - HANNIBAL - YOU'RE USING ME - KING PINS - I FOUND OUT - BOBBY BYRD - HARD FORGETTING MEMORIES - MARY JOHNSON - IT'S EASY CHILD - LULA REED & FREDDY KING with SONNY THOMPSON & HIS ORCHESTRA - THINK - "5" ROYALES - PNEUMONIA - JOE TEX - I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU - LLOYD NOLAN - YOU DON'T WANT ME AROUND - MIKE WILLIAMS - BAD GIRL - FABULOUS DENOS - I'M BETTER OFF NOW (THAN I WAS BEFORE) - PREMIERES - SHE MADE MY BLOOD RUN COLD - IKE TURNER

Social source share

Yep, missed the Radio 1 thing myself but wished i'd heard it. Dean Rudland found out a far more 'descriptive' account of the Will Young / Moyles interview on modculture's forum. Ady thought it was so hil;arious, it was given it's own page on the 6Ts site.

Click here to read but only if you're not easily offended!

... and if you can be bothered listening just to find that bit with Will Young - The Tuesday Breakfast show is archived here.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Thanks to everyone who has put a smile on my face this week, some of the post are just so funny, and along with seeing the titles of music that I haven't heard for years, and getting a buzz from it, I'll be searching them out soon. I guess the tunnel vision that most Northern Soul devotees develop does make us a little intolerant at times, but when you consider what great taste we have it's only inevitable that plebs will get up our noses from time to time. I wear a Northern Soul Badge on my jacket permanently even in the depths of Tooting and Balham and walk with pride in the fact that the music I listen to is far superior to everyone else that hasn't fallen under the spell of it. Chris Moyles knows nothing, that's why he's on at breakfast. KTF, DavidC

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!