Prestwich

All I can say is what a shame I havent been there in the last 8 years, absolutely loved it.

Music top notch from start to finish, I aint danced that much in ages, am in agony today .

Thanks to Pete for playing the fabulous peps for me & for the in-depth conversation by sign langauage, next time I will bring a translator or a keyboard :ohmy:

Also thanks to whoever played the parliaments & bobby kilne (my personal favourite).

Lovely to meet Johan & Jenny, lovely couple, you are welcome to a lift anytime, I know you both loved it too.

Hope Jennys knee aint too bad today, couldnt get her off that dancefloor

Expect to hear me there on a regualr basis now, oh hell I hear you cry :lol:

Kx

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

All I can say is what a shame I havent been there in the last 8 years, absolutely loved it.

Music top notch from start to finish, I aint danced that much in ages, am in agony today .

Thanks to Pete for playing the fabulous peps for me & for the in-depth conversation by sign langauage, next time I will bring a translator or a keyboard :ohmy:

Also thanks to whoever played the parliaments & bobby kilne (my personal favourite).

Lovely to meet Johan & Jenny, lovely couple, you are welcome to a lift anytime, I know you both loved it too.

Expect to hear me there on a regualr basis now, oh hell I hear you cry :lol:

Kx

Hi Kirsty

I'll own up to playing Bobby Kline. Ginger played the Parliaments.

Will post a playlist soon.

Julian

Julian,

Awesome set.

Although I told you last night Pat was looking forward to Colin C next month, she then danced to most of your set and says thanks for playing Hoagy Lands and other under played tunes. The Peoples Choice did it for me apart from the Tomangoes of course.

All in all an extremely good night (again) :ohmy::lol: , my feet are killing me too!

Phil

Thanks to Pete for playing the fabulous peps for me & for the in-depth conversation by sign langauage, next time I will bring a translator or a keyboard :)

Expect to hear me there on a regualr basis now, oh hell I hear you cry :thumbup:

Kx

Awww - I missed ya!.. didn't realise you were there. I must admit to spending most of my time in the modern room though..

Hope to see you next time..

Jayne.x. :thumbsup:

Hi Kirsty, Phil, Jayne and everybody who came to Prestwich last night.

Glad you guys enjoyed the night whichever room you chose, I spent most of my time flitting between the main room and the modern room just making sure everything and everybody were having a good time, and that definitely seems to have been the case.

Numbers were well up again and both rooms were very busy with Bob H having a full dancefloor during the last hour in the Northern Room and the Modern Room still packed at the end of the night. Looks like we could be heading towards packed houses again..................................

Big thanks to Rob, Pete, Julian, Bob and Ginger for some great music in the Main Room and Bob, Mike Stevens and 'Birthday Boy' Roger Williams for great sets in the Modern Room.

Thanks to all who travelled from as far as Hull, Barrow and the Midlands last night it's appriciated :thumbsup:

May 2nd looks set to be a goodie with Colin Curtis and Nige Brown gracing the decks in the Northern Room.................

Hi Kirsty, Phil, Jayne and everybody who came to Prestwich last night.

Glad you guys enjoyed the night whichever room you chose, I spent most of my time flitting between the main room and the modern room just making sure everything and everybody were having a good time, and that definitely seems to have been the case.

Numbers were well up again and both rooms were very busy with Bob H having a full dancefloor during the last hour in the Northern Room and the Modern Room still packed at the end of the night. Looks like we could be heading towards packed houses again..................................

Big thanks to Rob, Pete, Julian, Bob and Ginger for some great music in the Main Room and Bob, Mike Stevens and 'Birthday Boy' Roger Williams for great sets in the Modern Room.

Thanks to all who travelled from as far as Hull, Barrow and the Midlands last night it's appriciated :thumbsup:

May 2nd looks set to be a goodie with Colin Curtis and Nige Brown gracing the decks in the Northern Room.................

Well i had a great night Baz, i know that coz i had far to much to drink, :D

Spent the time between 9 and 12 on stage on and off then on again with Ginger and had a ball, then spent the rest of the evening having the crack with friends old and new,

Great to see Kirsty coming from Leeds, and her travel pals Johan and Jenny from sweden, always a pleasure to spend time with my good mate Nige Brown and great to see he is gracing the decks next month, no doubt he will be adding a couple more to my wants list, :)

Lastly the request of the evening - have you got a lighter? (you know who you are) :thumbup:

All in all a night at the Longfield Suite as it should be, well done Baz and long may it continue :thumbup:

Pete Eccles

Julian,

Awesome set.

Although I told you last night Pat was looking forward to Colin C next month, she then danced to most of your set and says thanks for playing Hoagy Lands and other under played tunes. The Peoples Choice did it for me apart from the Tomangoes of course.

All in all an extremely good night (again) :thumbsup::) , my feet are killing me too!

Phil

Hi Phil

thanks for that, here's my playlist in no particular order;-

PP Arnold - Everythings gonna be alright - French Columbia EP

Bill Bush - I'm waiting - Ronn

Nat Hall - Why - Loop request for Jayne Malone

Vivian Carol - Yeah oh yeah - Merben

Gerri Hall - Who can I run to - Hotline

Bobby Kline - Say something nice- MB

Fortson & Scott - Sweet Lover - Pzazz

Jesse Johnson - Left Out - Old Town

Danny Monday - Baby without you - Modrn

Tomangoes - I really love you - request for you Phil

Ralph Graham - She just sits there - request for Grutch

Hoagy Lands - Next in line

Rufus Lumley - I'm standing - request for the Barrow Boys

Jerry Cook - I hurt on the other side - request ( not played this in ages - how good is it!)

James Fountain - Seven day lover - request

Levi Jackson - Beautiful Day - request

Lou Ragland - I travel alone

Peoples Choice - savin' my love for you

Al Williams - I am nothing

Professionals - That's why I love you

Silhouettes - Not me baby

Four Voices - Your love is getting stronger

Ivorys - Please stay

Think that's about it.

Cheers

Julian

Guest JohanT

Hi

Totally agree with what's already been said above! A fantastic evening! :thumbup::thumbup: We are so happy that we went there!

Me and Jenny would like to thank everybody (and especially Kirsty - great to meet you and BIG thanks for taking us there! Also very nice to meet Pete and everybody else!). The music was top notch in both modern and northern rooms (although I ended up spending too little time in the modern room - but I suppose you can't get it all!!). Also spent a lot of time in the record bar and was happy to see Flanny again (been 5 years + since last time) and to say hi to Ginger. Managed to get some nice stuff with me so I was also happy with that!

Jenny's knee is getting better (fingers crossed for Soul Essence), thanks for caring Kirsty! Sad thing we missed the York do though...

Johan

hi julian what a great set, i wasnt there unfortunatly, otherwise i would`nt have got off the dance floor during your set, i had to work saturday, danny monday fantastic, these are the records we dont here and we should, well done for playing something differant and so refreshing. see you next month. And baz m it can only continue from strength to strength, for me a superb venue the dancfloor, the people, see you soon. baz

Awww - I missed ya!.. didn't realise you were there. I must admit to spending most of my time in the modern room though..

Hope to see you next time..

Jayne.x. thumbup.gif

Didnt see you either, probably because I didnt leave the dancefloor. One of these days we'll actually catch up with each other laugh.gif

Jenny, glad your knee is better, blame the music for being so good :D

Kx

Soz this is a bit late!!

Prestwich wa almost back to its old sefh Fri IMO :thumbsup:

Numbers were cetainly up no end music was top notch in the Northern Room

i even danced to a few tunes it was great to be back in the main room instead of the record sales too!!

cant remember if Carmen is on hear so ive pinched a post from her own site !!

"Wow what a fab night we had .

Enjoyed it sooooooo much , Nogsy you should have come !

Music was superb, Pete Ecceles played a blinder of a set , enjoyed all

the sounds , some old some new. The place had the vibe of old.

Great to see some old friends too , I am enjoying Manchester very

much , last week was the Wheel and a superb night at Kings Hall.

I have a dongal now smile.gif hence my connection.

Later folks

Need some shut eye and I promised browny a cup of tea ages ago.

Carms"

x

Nice one Barry and all involved i hope i carry on the good work next month, Pete Eccles and Julian Bentley have certainy thrown the gautlet down with two excellent sets , Pete throughing some really nice lesser played quaility pieces in and Julain slamming some massive big hitters from Prestwich past that made the venue what it is today ala Terry Davies.

Looking forward so much to May knowing im on with Colin Curtis gives me the full head tingle!! :boxing: The geezer is a legend!!

seeya @ the Go Go

Torchboy

Before ECCLES starts i know i cant spell!! :thumbsup:

Dont for get i had to learn to read and rite 4 years ago!!

Browny

Noffin rong wiv yer spelin Nije :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words matey, and already looking forward to the May event where i'm sure yourself along with Mr Curtis and residents will take the night up another notch :thumbsup:

Pete Eccles

Soz this is a bit late!!

Prestwich wa almost back to its old sefh Fri IMO :P

Numbers were cetainly up no end music was top notch in the Northern Room

i even danced to a few tunes it was great to be back in the main room instead of the record sales too!!

cant remember if Carmen is on hear so ive pinched a post from her own site !!

"Wow what a fab night we had .

Enjoyed it sooooooo much , Nogsy you should have come !

Music was superb, Pete Ecceles played a blinder of a set , enjoyed all

the sounds , some old some new. The place had the vibe of old.

Great to see some old friends too , I am enjoying Manchester very

much , last week was the Wheel and a superb night at Kings Hall.

I have a dongal now :ohmy: hence my connection.

Later folks

Need some shut eye and I promised browny a cup of tea ages ago.

Carms"

x

Nice one Barry and all involved i hope i carry on the good work next month, Pete Eccles and Julian Bentley have certainy thrown the gautlet down with two excellent sets , Pete throughing some really nice lesser played quaility pieces in and Julain slamming some massive big hitters from Prestwich past that made the venue what it is today ala Terry Davies.

Looking forward so much to May knowing im on with Colin Curtis gives me the full head tingle!! :yes: The geezer is a legend!!

seeya @ the Go Go

Torchboy

Thanks for the kind words Nige (and Carmen) It was a great night there's no doubt about that, numbers now building every month and hopefully, by presenting fellow soulies out there with good guest DJ's who can play to the crowd and still enlighten and entertain, it will continue.

Looking forward to the first Friday in May already

ATB

BazM