Who's In This Photo

• Replies 31
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I bought a bunch of photos of Memphis soul/gospel artists a while back, but can't identify one of the people pictured. He looks familiar (and I'm prepared for embarrassment) but can anyone put a name to this person?

Thanks.

Unknown%20singer%20poss%20Memphis%20crop.jpg

Isn't it the guy from Gnarls Barclay?

Ian D :shades:

Social source share

I bought a bunch of photos of Memphis soul/gospel artists a while back, but can't identify one of the people pictured. He looks familiar (and I'm prepared for embarrassment) but can anyone put a name to this person?

Thanks.

is it percy sledge ?

Social source share

Thanks.

post-8405-1207417647.jpg

same haircut as percy sledge

Edited by fifesouly
Social source share

Thanks.

is it Bet Lynch?

Social source share

post-8405-1207417647.jpg

same haircut as percy sledge

It is / was called a " Pompadour " , so effectively demonstrated by Richard Penniman ..........

The Gentleman in the photograph ? I seem to have seen it before , and was told it was Little Johnny Taylor .........

Malc Burton

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Bogue
no.gif I still reckon it's Ted Taylor ! I know he wasn't from the Memphis area but the very early Okeh stuff of his was recorded in Nashville wasn't it ?
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!