The Friendship - Barnsley 31st May 2008

Hi All, just an early call for the next Friendship Bash, the Xmas special was a stormer, this should be too :shades:

THE FRIENDSHIP BOYS ARE BACK ! SATURDAY 31st MAY 2008 thumbup.gif

The Friendship Soul Sessions Return For A Night of Rare & Underplayed Soul

Saturday 31st May 2008 At The Friendship, Gawber Road, Barnsley. South Yorkkshire

8.00pm - 1.00 am Admission £3.00 On the Door

Wooden Dance Floor, Superb Sound System, Cheap Bar Prices, 5 mins from MI Junction 37

Top Tunes From Some Of Yorkshires Best Collections

8.00 - 9.30 Angus Oldfield

9.30-10.30 Ian(Geordie)Johnson

10.30-11.30 Mark Whiteley

11.30-1.00 Dave & Bri Pinches

Come & Join Us :D - This is Not another 'Oldies'Night - You have been Warned! :ohmy:

For further Info/Directions etc tel. Mark 07810-707597 or Ian 07931-523103

post-1398-1208439011_thumb.jpg

Edited by MarkWhiteley
  • Replies 66
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

im excited........cant wait to do it again weve been hammering out great tunes since 2003...have been mythered to death to get this next night up and running so all was sorted by mr Whiteley and myself today...

You wont be dissappointed a great night for our supporters who travel from far and wide for this night

weve checked the calanders and theres nothing major happening around the yorkshire area on this date so make it your first choice on this weekend.........you wont be dissappointed.

geeooooooordie

Hi All, just an early call for the next Friendship Bash, the Xmas special was a stormer, this should be too :thumbsup:

THE FRIENDSHIP BOYS ARE BACK ! SATURDAY 31st MAY 2008 :)

Saturday 31st May 2008 At The Friendship, Gawber Road, Barnsley. South Yorkkshire

Wooden Dance Floor, Superb Sound System, Cheap Bar Prices, 5 mins from MI Junction 37

Come & Join Us :D - This is Not another 'Oldies'Night - You have been Warned! :thumbup:

....deffo be at this one !!!! last one ,,top top tunes played :lol::thumbup:

..these lads have got some top tunes..

...atb..col.

...geordie did you get us that D D BRIDGEWATER ?

Edited by shedhead

....deffo be at this one !!!! last one ,,top top tunes played :thumbup::thumbup:

..these lads have got some top tunes..

...atb..col.

...geordie did you get us that D D BRIDGEWATER ?

Col

as mr whiteley has put col dede on its way.......its becoming a must have tune a

amongst the yorkshire crowd....really pleased that after 3 years of playing it, its now gettin the recognition it deserves

Cant wait for May.....dave pinch has txt me hes already sorting his play box biggrin.gif

Edited by geordiejohnson

Really good news Mark/Geordie . This night is an absolute must in my books . The last one was superb and this one looks like being equally as good. once again my room is booked in Pogmoor so I might just make a pig of myself at the bar...............bring it on

Hi All, just an early call for the next Friendship Bash, the Xmas special was a stormer, this should be too rolleyes.gif

THE FRIENDSHIP BOYS ARE BACK ! SATURDAY 31st MAY 2008 :yes:

Come & Join Us :D - This is Not another 'Oldies'Night - You have been Warned! :D

Glad Mr Johnson & Mr Whiteley are at it again at the Friendship ( as i like to call it "a change from the norm").

If you're into the rarer or semi known soul music, then this is the place for you. Run by two great guy's :D :D with fantastic collection's, plus guest's Dave 'n' Bri Pinch and Angus who all have some amazing stuff whistling.gif .

Get your self's along and give them the support they deserve, it's gonna be another cracker, best Woody :yes:

Good news guys, Xmas one was a corker , we will be there for this one.

If you need any help spreading the word (Flyers,etc) let us know.

See you soon

Paul & Sue thumbsup.gif:yes:

Thanx Paul, flyers 'in print' as we speak so will make sure I get some to you,

You and Sue doing Bradford this weekend?

Cheers

M. :D

Glad Mr Johnson & Mr Whiteley are at it again at the Friendship ( as i like to call it "a change from the norm").

If you're into the rarer or semi known soul music, then this is the place for you. Run by two great guy's :D:lol: with fantastic collection's, plus guest's Dave 'n' Bri Pinch and Angus who all have some amazing stuff whistling.gif .

Get your self's along and give them the support they deserve, it's gonna be another cracker, best Woody :yes:

Thanx Dave, change from the norm for sure!

Be great to see you on the night

Best

I'm coming just to throw insults about Barnsley, Kes and Disco Duck at Angus McKiltup....

bloody hell joe' i'll be havin to call you victor meldrew wot wi attack in sales thread and poor auld angarse oldsorts, ps angarse said you had a good trip to the US of A lucky swines :thumbsup:

be good t see you after all these years...did youever sort oot yer bathroom

geeeoooordie

Thanx Paul, flyers 'in print' as we speak so will make sure I get some to you,

You and Sue doing Bradford this weekend?

Cheers

M. :thumbsup:

No mate , we are at Soul Essence this weekend, should be at Crofton on 25th though so if you want to bring some there.

In the meantime I will pm you our address if you want to send us some flyers , we will be attending a few venues between now and end of May that appreciate your kind of soul night.

Have a good night at Bradford.

See you soon

Paul & Sue :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey Guy's,

Funny how Gail & I have seen you Dj at various venues but have never managed to catch you on your own turf, may be it's subconciously thinking of the Yockster with no trolleys on :ohmy: , yet again, that has kept us away from deepest, darkest South Yorkshire or could it be the thought of blood,bone & sinue at the hand of Mr Whiteley thats kept us at bay :lol: , cos I know full well it's not the music, cos that I'd travel anywhere for, it must be just Geordie then Mark :D but I'm not scared anymore, so we'll see you there with bells on mate. :rolleyes:

Take care, be safe & who says 70's is Disco, not I,

Spot. :D

bloody hell joe' i'll be havin to call you victor meldrew wot wi attack in sales thread and poor auld angarse oldsorts, ps angarse said you had a good trip to the US of A lucky swines :rolleyes:

be good t see you after all these years...did youever sort oot yer bathroom

geeeoooordie

Not a bad trip LOL.

Bathroom almost finished - just need the Rad fitting, and a pump on the shower to give it some pressure - it's more like having a Golden

Shower standing underneath it at the mo...

don't happen to know a plumber do ya?

Not a bad trip LOL.

Bathroom almost finished - just need the Rad fitting, and a pump on the shower to give it some pressure - it's more like having a Golden

Shower standing underneath it at the mo...

don't happen to know a plumber do ya?

Ha ha ...no... dont know a plumber, any way whats a golden shower then :lol:

Geeeooooordie

Hey Guy's,

Funny how Gail & I have seen you Dj at various venues but have never managed to catch you on your own turf, may be it's subconciously thinking of the Yockster with no trolleys on :lol: , yet again, that has kept us away from deepest, darkest South Yorkshire or could it be the thought of blood,bone & sinue at the hand of Mr Whiteley thats kept us at bay :P , cos I know full well it's not the music, cos that I'd travel anywhere for, it must be just Geordie then Mark :D but I'm not scared anymore, so we'll see you there with bells on mate. :P

Spot. :D

Spot am i that scary......dont be fooled by the karate etc i wont use on on anyone whos open minded to good soul music :lol:

will be great to see you again..."on our own turf"

Geeooooordie

Hey Guy's,

Funny how Gail & I have seen you Dj at various venues but have never managed to catch you on your own turf, may be it's subconciously thinking of the Yockster with no trolleys on :lol: , yet again, that has kept us away from deepest, darkest South Yorkshire or could it be the thought of blood,bone & sinue at the hand of Mr Whiteley thats kept us at bay :wub: , cos I know full well it's not the music, cos that I'd travel anywhere for, it must be just Geordie then Mark :thumbup: but I'm not scared anymore, so we'll see you there with bells on mate. :shades:

Spot. :thumbup:

The blood,bone and sinue is now a beautifuly reformed and reshaped deformity hanging on my hand,

I can however still hold a pint :wub:

Be good to get you into Darkest Barnsley for some rare soul therapy!

Si Thi Tamorra

M. :thumbup:

Hey Guy's,

Funny how Gail & I have seen you Dj at various venues but have never managed to catch you on your own turf, may be it's subconciously thinking of the Yockster with no trolleys on blush.gif , yet again, that has kept us away from deepest, darkest South Yorkshire or could it be the thought of blood,bone & sinue at the hand of Mr Whiteley thats kept us at bay :ohmy: , cos I know full well it's not the music, cos that I'd travel anywhere for, it must be just Geordie then Mark :lol: but I'm not scared anymore, so we'll see you there with bells on mate. :lol:

Spot. :yes:

Spot beleive it or not the friendship is probally then only venue on earth that i have not took my trolleys off Mark and Geordie have given me the Scarbara warning but serious if you enjoyed up front at skeggi you will be amazed at the friendship Mark and Ian are the unsung heros of the Barnsley playing some absolutley brilliant toons along with angus and the twins and dont seem to get the recognition they deserve but beleive me they are just around the corner PS pikey dont be afraid of electric you will not have seen it before but it will not hurt you i promise pps how do you run your sound systems in sheffield on gas ???? :D

Hi All, just an early call for the next Friendship Bash, the Xmas special was a stormer, this should be too :lol:

THE FRIENDSHIP BOYS ARE BACK ! SATURDAY 31st MAY 2008 :thumbsup:

Come & Join Us :lol: - This is Not another 'Oldies'Night - You have been Warned! :shades:

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS ONE MARK

IM SURE YOU WON'T NEED IT THOUGH

NEV :wicked:

Spot beleive it or not the friendship is probally then only venue on earth that i have not took my trolleys off Mark and Geordie have given me the Scarbara warning but serious if you enjoyed up front at skeggi you will be amazed at the friendship Mark and Ian are the unsung heros of the Barnsley playing some absolutley brilliant toons along with angus and the twins and dont seem to get the recognition they deserve but beleive me they are just around the corner PS pikey dont be afraid of electric you will not have seen it before but it will not hurt you i promise pps how do you run your sound systems in sheffield on gas ???? :rolleyes:

Cheers steve for nice comments...web try our best ...

cheers

geoooordie

Guest Little Queenie

Not been to the Friendship before but music sounds great and it's on our doorstep.

Think I'll deffo be giving this one a go... thumbsup.gif

Guest Little Queenie

Day after your next 'niter, sleep all day then come and see us, be great to have you :D

Best Regards

M. thumbsup.gif

Wot a plan! :rolleyes: Always better to make a full weekend of it, especially as I will have just finished all my final exams for uni!

U making it to Stormin' Soul?

Looks like Barnsley is the happenin' place that weekend :lol:

You can get some flyers put out at the niter if ya like mate, theres always a few travellers who book in B&B's so might as well make a weekend out of it

Yep Barnsley is the Soul Capitol this particular weekend :g:

Ill be there with me carrier bag :shades:

Cheers Simon

M. thumbsup.gif

just to let everyone know you can come and hear Sounds of the friendship at the empress rooms on sunday 4th may bank hol weekend as we host the chill out room, big thanks to Yocky and the empress crew for getting this organised ......

get to the Empress your gonna love it youll be spoilt for choice

Geeoooooordie

Edited by geordiejohnson
Guest BigPaul

Looking good for this after a week sunning and clubbing in Ibiza :lol:

Should be able to bring a few other Reprobates over :boxing:

Regards

Paul

Hey be careful about reserving the corner of the bar THATS MY SPOT!!!!!!

See u on the night

Wil u have dd by then?

Mick W

Don't worry Mick , I suppose I'll be rumaging through your sales box .Anyway my corner is the one nearist to the Guinness pump :D

Should be quite a weekend in South Yorks at the end of the Month.

Moved our Modernism 70's night forwards to the Friday so we don't clash with the Friendship.

Means our punters can do both as can the Friendship regulars.

Also means I can do the Friendship & settle an argument as everybody knows t'space at t'end o't bar's mine yes.gif

• 3 weeks later...

just been to the friendship today to clarify everything for the 31st and found that there is a new manager and his wife running the place who are serious music fans and are pulling out the stops to make sure the venue is spot on for the night and are behind mark and myself 100% to support the promotion of soul from the friendship for the future.

they are currently giving the place a full spring clean and the beer tastes second to none.

we are discussing various other dates and events with them...looking good for the long haul

cant wait till the 31st of May

Geeooooooordie

just been to the friendship today to clarify everything for the 31st and found that there is a new manager and his wife running the place who are serious music fans and are pulling out the stops to make sure the venue is spot on for the night and are behind mark and myself 100% to support the promotion of soul from the friendship for the future.

they are currently giving the place a full spring clean and the beer tastes second to none.

we are discussing various other dates and events with them...looking good for the long haul

cant wait till the 31st of May

Geeooooooordie

Yes, as Geordie says, a bit of a boost knowing we have a permanent licensee, gets rid of the uncertainty for future dates and secures the future of the venue after months of speculation.

Just over a week to go now!

Looking Forward to a stormer

Yes, as Geordie says, a bit of a boost knowing we have a permanent licensee, gets rid of the uncertainty for future dates and secures the future of the venue after months of speculation.

Just over a week to go now!

Looking Forward to a stormer

M. :yes:

Think the Big Boy's are coming, don't you get pulled into there drinking habit's Mr. W ( No clack required) :(:yes::)beer.gifbeer.gif