The Friendship - Barnsley 31st May 2008

Saturday is looming fast, had quite a few calls from people far and wide asking for directions so here goes

From junction 37 ofthe M1 head head towards signs for barnsley town centre, after about 200 yards from junction 37 you will go over a traffic lighted pedestrian crossing, you will approach a traffic junction at these traffic lights turn left. Follow this road after about 1/4 of a mile the road will bend sharply to the right keep on this road you will now be approaching a pub called the Tom Treddlehoyle on your left that sits on a junction, slow down and turn left directly before the pub, this road is called intake lane, follow the road until you have to stop, look to your right and you will see the friendship.

Geeeoooooordie

• Replies 66
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Looking Forward to a stormer

M. :wave:

Mark, Thought that was the Citrus Rooms?? The warm up venue for your night :lol::lol: , only joking Simon,ok??

Take care,be safe & remember, "Stormy,stormy night, paint your palette blue & grey, look out on a Summers day",

Spot. :lol:

p.s. Ok, I know it's not "Stormy" but "Starry" but you get my mad drift & anyway it's bloody hard thinking up endings. :lol:tongue.gif

Talk about far and wide - Big Paul has text me from IBIZA, looks like we'll be coming up from Mansfield - DKOF on Friday, Friendship on Saturday looks like being quite a weekend cool.gif

The Friendship

London New York Milan Ibiza n Mansfield

what d'ya reckon Steve, Getting pretty cosmopolitan now or what :(

See ya Sat

M. :thumbsup:

Please Please to all who are coming......we have had such a response the venue looks like a packer..we will be opening the doors at 7ish we anticipated starting at 8pm but get there early as we may have to contemplate a shut down on the door..this is no bull...ive been texted and called from all over the UK...if anyone is travelling let us know your ETA if you can, our numbers are on the bottom of this post so we can reserve some space.

There are free CDs to give away to the first 30 couples, courtesy of the pinches boys,

looking forward to the night...we will be working all Saturday afternoon balancing and calibrating the decks and getting the sound just right for you.

Geeoooooordie

Geordie 07931 523103 Mark 07810 707597

Edited by geordiejohnson

Guess who's coming to dinner & it ain't Mr Tibbs :P ???

How very dare you threaten to lock me & mine out Geooooordie from a place called "The Friendship", Oh what you like, like??

Take care, be safe & remember, "It'll be alright on the night",

:sleep3::lol:

Please Please to all who are coming......we have had such a response the venue looks like a packer..we will be opening the doors at 7ish we anticipated starting at 8pm but get there early as we may have to contemplate a shut down on the door..this is no bull...ive been texted and called from all over the UK...if anyone is travelling let us know your ETA if you can, our numbers are on the bottom of this post so we can reserve some space.

There are free CDs to give away to the first 30 couples, courtesy of the pinches boys,

looking forward to the night...we will be working all Saturday afternoon balancing and calibrating the decks and getting the sound just right for you.

Geeoooooordie

Geordie 07931 523103 Mark 07810 707597

And I thought lock outs were a thing of the past, lock ins seem more likely nowadays , we can't get there till about 8.30 which is early for us so I hope we'll be OK.

See you Saturday for another corker, can't wait.

Paul & Sue :ohmy::lol:

And I thought lock outs were a thing of the past, lock ins seem more likely nowadays , we can't get there till about 8.30 which is early for us so I hope we'll be OK.

See you Saturday for another corker, can't wait.

Paul & Sue :thumbsup::shades:

Paul

You have a resident parking permit :P youve been that much, during the Monthly friendship sessions from 2003 onwards i think you are just behind me and mark for the number of days attended (and we attended them all :lol::lol: ) its a bit like working mans club talk i'll be saying to folk "ey up ya cant sit there thats pauls seat, thats sues, thats debbies, n thats howards, hey give me yer beer order and i'll mek sure there on the table for you coming in :D ....looking forward to seeing you Thaaa knows it'll be gud

Angus oldfield Kicks off from 8 till 9:30 with one of the finest collections around so dont miss him....oh and to the person who asked why angus was on so early...its a dj rotation thing i did it last time... etc etc ..we are very diplomatic at the friendship n we all take turns at different sets....there you go no bolloktics we just love soul and get on with it.

God im bloody excited..havent been this excited since i planned as a young lad of 15 to meet my then girlfriend so we could loose our virginitys together, all afternoon, that day, my nerves were frayed...but on that night, as i will tonight, my performance was and will be impecable :no:

See you tonight

Geeooooooordie

Just been to Mr Whiteley's and everything is going to plan. Lukesfab the prodigal son has just reurned from Lincoln looking well may we say, and scoring in my all time 10 ten things to do!!!

The Tarn Lad's are getting ready (no clack required) had a trial run at the Citrus allnighter last night and everything looking good for tonight. Will see you late on, as I am at Parklands for a charity night but will make it for the Friendship according to my driver.

See you all later. Looks like being a BONZER of a night.

KTF

Yocky

Gutted at the moment as my regular lift can't make it tonight.

If anybody is passing near junction 34 (Sheff / Rotherham / Meadowhall) on the M1 and has a spare seat i'd be more than grateful.

Off out now but you can get in touch via my mobile on 07761 496979.

Hopefully,

Mart...

were all set and ready angus is like a kid waiting for his new bike,

The landlord has set a web cam direct to the USA...he used to run blues/jazz nights at his old pub and used to do tri-gigs where he would have a band and two guys in USA and newzealand would have bands at their places and they would have a Saturday jam with each band playing a tune and moving it round the venues round the world...the USA guy has his system linked to 500 venues across the USA and we will be beamed across many, some will be opening up for day time drinking with the sounds of the imperials C's etc floating out......cant beat it

See you all there...and please can somebody go and pick cunnie up...poor bugger needs a good nite out laugh.gif

Geeooooordie

Guest elnel

Eyup mark & geordie Ime on at a charity do at parklands in donny else ide deffo be there lads to get a lug full of your brilliant music so all the best from me and the bread knife and we,ll be at the next one if mark who by the way is older than me ,prommises to play harry star for me . Best o luck lads Nel (younger than mark )

See you all there...and please can somebody go and pick cunnie up...poor bugger needs a good nite out :laugh:

Poor buggers sorted now.

Coming up with the Attic lads. Ooerr Mrs, that sounds a bit rude :laugh:

Looking forwards to tonight. Always a good un at the Friendship.

See you all later.