Magic Bus, Smithfield, Last Night

Guest cardysharpy

Guest cardysharpy

Hats off to Eddie Piller, Ivor and Wayne Hemmingway for the Magic Bus do at the Cock Tavern in Smithfield last night.

I went out expecting to see the usual suspects- Binsy, Bernadette etc and have a fairly sedate evening, but the place was absolutely rammed out with a properly mixed crowd ranging from die-hard soulies through to people I can only assume were in there before going out clubbing locally. Music was genuinely across the board (Northern Soul standards, Philly, modern, crossover and even a smattering of disco) and the place had a proper party atmosphere about it, rather than a record collector vibe.

If that's the effect of having celebrities along to DJ then I'm all for it. Roll on the next one! :shades:

• Replies 3
  • Views 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hats off to Eddie Piller, Ivor and Wayne Hemmingway for the Magic Bus do at the Cock Tavern in Smithfield last night.

I went out expecting to see the usual suspects- Binsy, Bernadette etc and have a fairly sedate evening, but the place was absolutely rammed out with a properly mixed crowd ranging from die-hard soulies through to people I can only assume were in there before going out clubbing locally. Music was genuinely across the board (Northern Soul standards, Philly, modern, crossover and even a smattering of disco) and the place had a proper party atmosphere about it, rather than a record collector vibe.

If that's the effect of having celebrities along to DJ then I'm all for it. Roll on the next one! :thumbsup:

Top night, very refreshing and people seemed really up for it.