Barrow Hill Soul 3rd Anniversary

Great night last night. Could`ve had more people in for an anniversary but they were all on the dancefloor so you didn`t really notice! :)

Even informed two guys from Mansfield there was a soul night on their own doorstep (The Black Bull Inn?)and why were they at ours, but they didn`t seem to believe me and said they`d never heard of it..oh well-there`s just no telling some people. :thumbsup:

Anyway-the night itself..A few people I never expected to see were there and some of the people I expected to see weren`t but that`s the way it goes sometimes. All in all a great night, good music played, the dancefloor was buzzin` and everyone seemed to enjoy it. H*ll, even I danced!

Pictures to follow....

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Great night last night. Could`ve had more people in for an anniversary but they were all on the dancefloor so you didn`t really notice! :thumbup:

Even informed two guys from Mansfield there was a soul night on their own doorstep (The Black Bull Inn?)and why were they at ours, but they didn`t seem to believe me and said they`d never heard of it..oh well-there`s just no telling some people. :thumbsup:

Anyway-the night itself..A few people I never expected to see were there and some of the people I expected to see weren`t but that`s the way it goes sometimes. All in all a great night, good music played, the dancefloor was buzzin` and everyone seemed to enjoy it. H*ll, even I danced!

Pictures to follow....

Hi Stuart!

Our first visit at barrow hill last night

thanks for the friendly welcome

and Keith Manlove recognised my other half from our visits to bentinck mind you hes not hard to miss ( biglad ) :O)

listenin to the cd right now a few Ive not heard it

The black bulls ( the attic) soul night is a rare soul night not your mainstream northern night

the guys at the attic are lovely and always have a friendly welcome for anyone who visits

shame our mate redose and missus Carol missed last night ..Im sure you'll save him an anniversary cd

Regards Mand :)

Edited by Madmandy

Hi Stuart!

and Keith Manlove recognised my other half from our visits to bentinck mind you hes not hard to miss ( biglad ) :O)

The black bulls ( the attic) soul night is a rare soul night not your mainstream northern night

the guys at the attic are lovely and always have a friendly welcome for anyone who visits

shame our mate redose and missus Carol missed last night ..Im sure you'll save him an anniversary cd

Regards Mand :thumbup:

Thanks for coming Mand!

Glad you enjoyed it and hope you keep coming back. And bringing MORE people with you! :thumbup:

And yes, there will be a Anniversary CD waiting for Carol and Rednose. They were concerned about the weather turning bad beforehand. They nearly always come here and we all missed them but I`m sure they`ll be back.

Thanks also to Mark who was back after recovering from an illness.

In fact thanks to absolutely everyone-the DJ`s,the people who came through the doors. We ALL contribute to a great night.

The Attic sounds like a great alternative night out. Sounds like some good guys are playing something different to help keep the scene fresh (which I do on occasions myself). We would like to visit but unfortunately our do is on the same night. But good luck to them.

Cheers.

Hi Stuart!

Regards Mand wink.gif

hi everyone sorry we missed last nite but was feeling a bit off it towards the end of the week so decide to spend nite in front of fire dosed up. glad you all had a good nite like i knew you would. hope to see you all soon

Great night last night. Could`ve had more people in for an anniversary but they were all on the dancefloor so you didn`t really notice! biggrin.gif

Even informed two guys from Mansfield there was a soul night on their own doorstep (The Black Bull Inn?)and why were they at ours, but they didn`t seem to believe me and said they`d never heard of it..oh well-there`s just no telling some people. smile.gif

Pictures to follow....

Hi Stuart, Cath and Keith, We had a good night too. Music was good and a good crowd in too. The dance floor there is really good, one of the best. Forgot to say , Have a good birthday Stuart, see you soon.

Great night last night. Could`ve had more people in for an anniversary but they were all on the dancefloor so you didn`t really notice! :D

Even informed two guys from Mansfield there was a soul night on their own doorstep (The Black Bull Inn?)and why were they at ours, but they didn`t seem to believe me and said they`d never heard of it..oh well-there`s just no telling some people. smile.gif

Pictures to follow....

Keith / Stue

had a great time last night and without doubt I'll be back (I will contact you both about playing some tunes @ Forest Town Welfare next Year) and thanks you all for a Freindly Welcome & A Great venue with cheap beer beer.gif you get 10 out of 10 from me with the music Al see you soon

Dennis

Edited by Dendog

Hi Stuart, Cath and Keith, We had a good night too. Music was good and a good crowd in too. The dance floor there is really good, one of the best. Forgot to say , Have a good birthday Stuart, see you soon.

Thanks for the many happy returns you two-it`s next Sunday the 13th April.

And how old will I be?

I`m , er..............................................................................

................................a year older. :)

Keith / Stue

had a great time last night and without doubt I'll be back (I will contact you both about playing some tunes @ Forest Town Welfare next Year) and thanks you all for a Freindly Welcome & A Great venue with cheap beer :) you get 10 out of 10 from me with the music Al see you soon

Dennis

Thanks a million and we`re mighty glad you enjoyed it last night, Dennis.

You (and everyone else for that matter) are always welcome here.

And we`d be pleased and honoured to do Forest Town Welfare next year.

See you soon, brother.

Thanks for the many happy returns you two-it`s next Sunday the 13th April.

And how old will I be?

I`m , er..............................................................................

................................a year older. laugh.gif

We know how old you are Stuart! Must say though you dont look a day over 50!!! :yes::D

Thanks for coming Mand!

Glad you enjoyed it and hope you keep coming back. And bringing MORE people with you! :D

And yes, there will be a Anniversary CD waiting for Carol and Rednose. They were concerned about the weather turning bad beforehand. They nearly always come here and we all missed them but I`m sure they`ll be back.

Thanks also to Mark who was back after recovering from an illness.

In fact thanks to absolutely everyone-the DJ`s,the people who came through the doors. We ALL contribute to a great night.

The Attic sounds like a great alternative night out. Sounds like some good guys are playing something different to help keep the scene fresh (which I do on occasions myself). We would like to visit but unfortunately our do is on the same night. But good luck to them.

Cheers.

hi Soul Intention,don't want to hi-jack the thread or owt,but we've had a couple of mentions!!

Congrats firstly on the 3 years. thumbsup.gif

Some people might not know if our nite is on,specially if they don't read SS,or maybe its not their cup of tea.

Either way that's cool.People make their own choices.

And Mandy,....we're not that rare a soul nite!! :D .All top sounds were new to the ears once!!,,,apologies again,,,KEV. :yes:

hi Soul Intention,don't want to hi-jack the thread or owt,but we've had a couple of mentions!!

Some people might not know if our nite is on,specially if they don't read SS,or maybe its not their cup of tea.

And Mandy,....we're not that rare a soul nite!! :D .All top sounds were new to the ears once!!,,,apologies again,,,KEV. :yes:

Sorry Kev but I do think of you guys as "in the know" re sounds a very knowledgable bunch if ever there was one

And you know Im an oldies gal :D no offence intended

Sorry Kev but I do think of you guys as "in the know" re sounds a very knowledgable bunch if ever there was one

And you know Im an oldies gal wink.gif no offence intended

I should have said "underplayed northern soul" would that be more along the right lines?

I should have said "underplayed northern soul" would that be more along the right lines?

Hey Mandy,no offence taken.You and Gary were one of the originals!!

I know what you mean.It's just some others reading this may see a chink of light,and start,,well ,,you know...........

Hey Mandy,no offence taken.You and Gary were one of the originals!!

I know what you mean.It's just some others reading this may see a chink of light,and start,,well ,,you know...........

Oh god yeah I know exactly what you mean wink.gif

Kev will pm you off thread

Cheers Mand

See you soon, brother.

Some folks have got a short memory Stuart!! huh.gif

And Mandy,....we're not that rare a soul nite!! :lol: .All top sounds were new to the ears once!!,,,apologies again,,,KEV. :lol:

Why, thanx for the congrats on the 3 years. Unofficially it`s 16 years as we moved the Hollingwood soul night to Barrow Hill.

As we were saying earlier though it`s always great to hear something different as it keeps the scene fresh-even if it`s the underplayed stuff from wayback. I first entered the scene in 1974 as a teenager. With the quite vast amounts of vinyl passing over the decks in those days there was always stuff that was played once or twice and then overlooked/discarded. And also stuff that was popular in the day and needs to be reactivated now.

Great idea for a soul night-sounds good-hope the Attic is a success-but pity we can`t attend as it clashes with ours. But good luck with it.

Regards

Stuart, Cathryn and Keith-The Barrow Hill Soul S.C.

Why, thanx for the congrats on the 3 years. Unofficially it`s 16 years as we moved the Hollingwood soul night to Barrow Hill.

As we were saying earlier though it`s always great to hear something different as it keeps the scene fresh-even if it`s the underplayed stuff from wayback. I first entered the scene in 1974 as a teenager. With the quite vast amounts of vinyl passing over the decks in those days there was always stuff that was played once or twice and then overlooked/discarded. And also stuff that was popular in the day and needs to be reactivated now.

Great idea for a soul night-sounds good-hope the Attic is a success-but pity we can`t attend as it clashes with ours. But good luck with it.

Regards

Stuart, Cathryn and Keith-The Barrow Hill Soul S.C.

hi Stuart,yeah as you say,vast amounts of stuff over the years.But you don't need to tell me that. I got into the soul scene back in '72 while still at school then moved onto Wigan and the Mecca.So what do our comments prove??...Nothing.

Not once has your club been mentioned on our thread,but i've got the feeling your having a little dig at ours,the new kids on the block? a little sarcasm maybe?.Are you trying to put us in our "place",by divulging your knowledge and pedigree on SS.?

I find your comment "great idea for a soul night-sounds good -hope the Attic is a success",,patronising.

IF i've got this all wrong,i apologise,,,,if not,,,,, pm me.

hi Stuart,yeah as you say,vast amounts of stuff over the years.But you don't need to tell me that. I got into the soul scene back in '72 while still at school then moved onto Wigan and the Mecca.So what do our comments prove??...Nothing.

Not once has your club been mentioned on our thread,but i've got the feeling your having a little dig at ours,the new kids on the block? a little sarcasm maybe?.Are you trying to put us in our "place",by divulging your knowledge and pedigree on SS.?

I find your comment "great idea for a soul night-sounds good -hope the Attic is a success",,patronising.

IF i've got this all wrong,i apologise,,,,if not,,,,, pm me.

Patronising? Sarcasm?

I`m sorry if you feel that way but I genuinely meant it as a compliment. And your club was only mentioned here for reasons explained earlier in this thread. I was trying to wish you well with your venue. The scene around here really needs a bit of a kick up the ar*e if you will and it`s good to have a choice of venues again in this area. We`d genuinely like to come to sample the Attic but unfortunately we can`t. So why the hostility?

Patronising? Sarcasm?

I`m sorry if you feel that way but I genuinely meant it as a compliment. And your club was only mentioned here for reasons explained earlier in this thread. I was trying to wish you well with your venue. The scene around here really needs a bit of a kick up the ar*e if you will and it`s good to have a choice of venues again in this area. We`d genuinely like to come to sample the Attic but unfortunately we can`t. So why the hostility?

GOT IT ALL WRONG DINT I. blush.gif

Sorry,not trying to cause any trouble,my mistake.With all the politics around i just got too defensive....and got the wrong end of the stick.

Apologies,,,,,,,,,,,KEV. :P

See you soon, brother.

it will probably be at you next doo pal if work dont step in (keep up the good work)

K.T.F

den