Middleton Allnighter

after waiting what seemed an age it came round at last.........and i had a great time .

enjoyed carl fortnums set the most!! heard loads of toons not heard(by me) before.

john weston had a good time on his birthday and he was seen dancing in both rooms!!

roll on the next one!!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks Andy,for putting on Middleton,It is appreciated and what good night,like the previos post plenty of records Ive not heard before or not heard played for a long time,in my humble appinion not a bad record played allnight long,

And Billy with your super hero's ears,that can pick anything now,Its like having your own early warning system,does NATO know about them ears laugh.gif

And best of all someone asked me if I was 30 :thumbup:

Kev :thumbup:

Edited by good angel

Guest Matt Male

Another great Middleton. A bit of a strange one for me as i spent most of the night sitting in the record bar talking and listening to records on a portable Numark.

I only danced twice! :thumbup:

Still had a great time though after fighting the snow blizzards on the way up and Mark's fan heater had packed up in his car so we couldn't see a thing. There were times i didn't think we'd make it there or home... :thumbup:

Another great Middleton. A bit of a strange one for me as i spent most of the night sitting in the record bar talking and listening to records on a portable Numark.

I only danced twice! :thumbup:

Still had a great time though after fighting the snow blizzards on the way up and Mark's fan heater had packed up in his car so we couldn't see a thing. There were times i didn't think we'd make it there or home... :thumbup:

Hi Matt,

Enjoyed your company at the record bar....and you did get to go home with a nice selection of bargain price 45s!

Was my first Middleton and I loved every minute of it, superb venue, music and a very friendly bunch. Was good to meet you Andy and catch up with some old faces like Fingers, Mark, Matt and Steve plus loads more.

HAVE YOU LOST A RECORD FROM MIDDLETON?

After quickly sorting my records after last night I've come across a 45 that does not belong to me. No idea how it ended up in my box, probably after someone brought it over to listen to on the deck. If you're missing a 45 from last night then PM with the record you're missing and I'll let you know if that's the one I've got.

Cheers,

Adam.

Forgot to mention...the icing on the cake of a great night was picking up one of my top 5 wants. Not an expensive record (yet!) but one that has escaped my grasp for a long time now. Couldn't take the smile off my face once it was safely tucked away in my record box :thumbup::thumbup:

Adam.

Guest east rob

Hi Matt,

Enjoyed your company at the record bar....and you did get to go home with a nice selection of bargain price 45s!

Was my first Middleton and I loved every minute of it, superb venue, music and a very friendly bunch. Was good to meet you Andy and catch up with some old faces like Fingers, Mark, Matt and Steve plus loads more.

After quickly sorting my records after last night I've come across a 45 that does not belong to me. No idea how it ended up in my box, probably after someone brought it over to listen to on the deck. If you're missing a 45 from last night then PM with the record you're missing and I'll let you know if that's the one I've got.

Cheers,

Adam.

hi adam, I left a minter copy of the salvadors laying around somewhere, thats not it is it??? :thumbup::thumbup:

cheers, rob.

Guest gordon russell

the amigos had a good time at this allnighter for sure.Great to see all the planets were well represented with a full count of scary starey people who all know the secret of the black magic box.The men of music (djs) played very good sets on the whole,we can't all like every record as long as we like 99.99% lol.I like these djs a lot,they play interesting sets of dance soul what more can you ask for.We parked up with the super cool from goole....pete,gail,steve and gazza and it was hootsville all night,plenty of bollox the strange language of the nighter spoken a bit of dancing and a general good time vibe.Question?....who are these people called f**k knows from a town called f**k knows who seem to have made most of the records they play that I don't know.??????Every time I ask somebody who's that over there? I,m told f**k knows? or where do they come from? I,m told f**k knows and whats worse when I ask somebody whos this record by....the answer is it's by one of these people called f**k knows :thumbup:laugh.giflaugh.gif .Nice to see nick and hannah (hope you can see now hannah lol :ohmy: ).Big thanks to Carl Fortnum for not playing my request lol. hey Carl great way of getting rid of ya flyers in one fell swoop,did that on a paper round once ha ha :lol::lol: ......top ,top night many thanks to all who make it so :thumbup:

Cheers,

Adam.

Ah.. Top Man, Adam - I was really concerned that was the last I was gonna see of the J D Bryant on Shrine - post it to me if you like, & I'll square up cost next time I see thee.

Fingers.. huh.gif:thumbup::thumbup:laugh.gif

hi adam, I left a minter copy of the salvadors laying around somewhere, thats not it is it??? whistling.gifbiggrin.gif

cheers, rob.

No, I broke that in half and binned it.....it was a boot wasn't it???

Ah.. Top Man, Adam - I was really concerned that was the last I was gonna see of the J D Bryant on Shrine - post it to me if you like, & I'll square up cost next time I see thee.

Fingers.. :lol::Dwhistling.gif:lol:

Fingers,

Excellent, I will put it in the post to you tomorrow, don't worry about bringing lots of cash with you next weekend though....I'll just take 45s of equivalent value from your DJ box whistling.gif:lol:

Adam.

the amigos had a good time at this allnighter for sure.Great to see all the planets were well represented with a full count of scary starey people who all know the secret of the black magic box.

laugh.gif Usually make an earth landing at about 08:00

Another great night!

Did Dolly and Kitt ever find their car keys?

Loads of "I haven't heard this for ages" moments which are always a bonus.

Roll on the next one. thumbup.gif

early warning

you wont want to go the next one as im on :D

9-30

so you could always turn up at 11 ohmy.gif

I only danced twice! :)

Still had a great time though after fighting the snow blizzards on the way up and Mark's fan heater had packed up in his car so we couldn't see a thing. There were times i didn't think we'd make it there or home... :lol:

=============

yes it was an arduous journey.....been through a snow shower before but that one on the way up was a howler!! as matt said cud see a fooking thing

but was well worth it

music in the main was A1

Carl Fortnum is just the dogs bollocks - his spot was awesome again (spun the combinations - what you gonna do) for me

Nick and Flanny did great spots too as did John Weston...

heard loads of old stafford tunes last night..spencer - searching for love not heard in years!!

another excellent night...

What an excellent night, plenty of familiar faces :) . Hardly sat down all night, Sam did an excellent spot, as did everybody else. Thanks to BearSoul for the lift back to Salford.

Sorry I can't make the next one as I am working :lol:

Peter

Have to say a very big thank you to everyone that made the trip to middleton on a night with so many other venues on and terrible travelling conditions the turn out was unbeliveable.As always very good spots from all the djs who once again proved that a little imagination goes a long way and that man sam has the biggest bollocks on the scene never afraid to try somethin new,not to everyones taste i know but the scene would be a poorer place without him.Mr weston was remarkably sober and well behaved on his birthday hope you didnt scoff all that cake on your own m8.Plenty in dance floor still full at 7 30 am no complaints well not to me anyway so looks like everyone had a good time,lots of ss members in who never mention middleton on here but hope they enjoyed it. Next one the anniversary niter on may 17th hope to see you all there.Now then isnt there a big party on in oldham this sat nite for a very youthfull looking 50 yr old called mrs willingham should be a belter thumbsup.gif .Playlists please from all you djs and guests ta.

Have to say a very big thank you to everyone that made the trip to middleton on a night with so many other venues on and terrible travelling conditions the turn out was unbeliveable.As always very good spots from all the djs who once again proved that a little imagination goes a long way and that man sam has the biggest bollocks on the scene never afraid to try somethin new,not to everyones taste i know but the scene would be a poorer place without him.Mr weston was remarkably sober and well behaved on his birthday hope you didnt scoff all that cake on your own m8.Plenty in dance floor still full at 7 30 am no complaints well not to me anyway so looks like everyone had a good time,lots of ss members in who never mention middleton on here but hope they enjoyed it. Next one the anniversary niter on may 17th hope to see you all there.Now then isnt there a big party on in oldham this sat nite for a very youthfull looking 50 yr old called mrs willingham should be a belter thumbsup.gif .Playlists please from all you djs and guests ta.
great night at middleton,really enjoyed dave rivers spot early doors,thought ginger played some great stuff,chico lammar,matt lucas,calvin grayson,what was the instrumental thing carl fortnum played?think it was hank jacobs c/u,bit of a shock on the way out arctic conditions or what,windscreen wipers spot welded to the screen,see everybody in may

Mick

JUST RECOVERED FROM YET ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT AT MIDDLETON :lol: DID AN EARLY SPOT AS ANDY SAID IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY AND THOUGHT I MIGHT BE A LITTLE DRUNK LATER,THANX TO CARL AND MARIA FA LETTING ME SPIN A FEW TOONS AND ALSO THANX FOR ALL THE BIRTHADAY CARDS AND FA THE BIRTHDAY CAKE ALLWAYS A TOP CROWD AT MIDDLETON I LOVE IT thumbup.gif OH AND THANX TO THE GLOUCESTER POSSE FA THE LIFT GREAT ENTERTAINMENT :thumbup:

PLAYLIST MAIN ROOM 11.30 TO 12.30

KENT MEADE-FUNKY TO ME

BILLY SHA-RAE-DO IT

LES COOPER & THE SOULROCKERS-GONNA HAVE A LOT OF FUN

RUFUS WOOD-BEFORE 2001

MARGE SINGLETORY-NEVER LET GO

TYN TYMES-BABY I LOVE YOU

GEORGE JACKSON-DON,T USE ME-

MAGNETICS-HEART YOURE MADE OF STONE

DIVINES-I GOTTA MAKE IT

BOBBY WELLS-BE'S THAT WAY SOMETIMES

TRADITIONS-TWINKLE LITTLE STAR

THE PETS-I SAY YEAH

HONEY AND THE BEE'S-DYNAMITE EXPLODED

VOICES INC-THINKIN

THE DYNAMITES-FRENCHY THE TICKLER

LENNY WILLIAMS-I COULDNT FIND NOBODY

KING EDWARD-WORKIN FOR MY BABY

DEBBIE CURTIS-I CHECK MY MAILBOX

STORMY WINTERS-LIFE SAVER

SHARON SCOT-IDE LIKE TO KNOW

THE METRO'S-PUSH A LITTLE HARDER

TINA ROBERTS-ONE WAY OR THE OTHER

GLORIA EDWARDS-OUR LOVE IS GETTING STRONGER

STEWART AMES-ANGELINA

JUST BROTHERS-CARLINA

THE WILLINGHAM SUIT 1.20 TO 2.45

MIXED EMOTIONS-THE GOLD OF MY LIFE

BESSIE BANKS-DON'T YOU WORRY BABY

RIVAGE-STRUNG OUT ON YOURE LOVE

VEDA-WHATS IT ALL ABOUT

THE SPARTANS-I DO'NT NEED ANOTHER LOVER

MOSES SMITH-KEEP ON STRIVING

JEANIE TRACY-MAKING NEW FRIENDS

CHARLES HOLIDAY-DON'T LIE

THE ASCOTS-JUST A FEW FEET FROM THE GUTTER

LAVELL HARDY-WHAT KIND OF WOMAN

THE HARVEY AVERNE BAND-NEVER LEARNED TO DANCE

THE SAPHIRES-THERE COMES A TIME

WAYNE CARTER-MAD MOUTH WOMAN

BARBARA LYNN-MELLOW FEELING

JAMES WAYNE-I FOUND SOMEONE

LEE FIELDS-MIGHTY MIGHTY LOVE

BERNARD SMITH-NEVER GONNA LET YOU GO

RAY J & NORMA JEAN-THIS IS OUR SONG OF LOVE

RONNIE WALKER-NOW THERE IS YOU

EULA COOPER-TRY

great night at middleton,really enjoyed dave rivers spot early doors,thought ginger played some great stuff,chico lammar,matt lucas,calvin grayson,what was the instrumental thing carl fortnum played?think it was hank jacobs c/u,bit of a shock on the way out arctic conditions or what,windscreen wipers spot welded to the screen,see everybody in may

Mick

Thanks Mick....really enjoyed it!!!!

playlist

not in any special order

do you know what love is syl johnson

dance senorita hollywood flames

cant get too much love johnny prayr

thats the way he is ann perry

i had a good time little eddie taylor

hey now now baby leo price

when

great night at middleton,really enjoyed dave rivers spot early doors,thought ginger played some great stuff,chico lammar,matt lucas,calvin grayson,what was the instrumental thing carl fortnum played?think it was hank jacobs c/u,bit of a shock on the way out arctic conditions or what,windscreen wipers spot welded to the screen,see everybody in mayMick

thanks mick, i enjoyed the night!

playlist (n i a o)

• cant get too much love johnny prayr
  • do you know what love is syl johnson
  • dance senorita hollywood flames
  • i had a good time little eddie taylor
  • when im gonna find her mark lloyd
  • thats the way he is ann perry
  • hey now baby leo price
  • another day ascots
  • losing again the metros
  • sad day larry hammond
  • its the same thing masquaders
  • the tables turned billy profit c/u
  • build your house on a strong foundation gwen & ray
  • love cant be modernised the trips
  • ride on ebony jam
  • dont be afraid creative sauce
  • soul dance no 3 carl holmes
  • focused on you (inst) detroit city soul
  • dont play the role tommy & the derbys
  • ring the changes paradox
  • just like you did me yvonne vernee
  • sister lee sam ward
  • if you cant be true marva lee
  • cant we talk it over larry allen
  • thinkin voices inc

thanks andy hypo.gif:thumbsup::D

Cheers,

Adam.

ANOTHER GREAT NITE>>>I EVEN MOOCHED ABOUT INSTEAD OF STAYIN IN BACKBEAT>>>FOR ME THE MUSIC I HEAR IN THE WILLINGHAM "SUITE" IS ALWAYS FAB>>>>> REAL QUALITY. thanks to steve green for forcing me to broaden my horizons away from "obscuresville" :yes: john weston was very well behaved on his birthday,we both had a lovely little kip on the way home! BIG THANKS TO ANDY>>>he knows why...top man!!!!!!! also kev drage..boy that man looks after me!!!!!!!!!!!!! record bar especially busy,i even sold a few myself.... see u net time EZZIE smile.gif

Headsy said he had a missing record from his salesbox? Maybe this is it....?

regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

Headsy has been in touch but it's not his record that I've got...so is anyone else missing one??

Adam.

What a exellent night,first bumped into Simon when I walked in,we had a little chat,top guy also a lot of family faces there,music was top noch from all the djs,Nick for me played the best set IMO,time went so quick,thats a sign of a good night for me keep the good work up Andy.

Cheers Billy

Ps.Gail if your looking in(spots wife) hoping the spellings O.K Lovely lady.

Just got home from a great weekend in Manchester.Thanks everybody who braved the weather from all parts of the country and made it another memorable nighter at Middleton. Soul n Snow..at 5am was bloody magical!

Afterwards back to Steve Catos flat where he played us all a nonstop 15 hour quality set.

Cheers Spot & Happy Birthday Johnny Weston. :boxing:

As requested Heres the artists i played, hopefully something for everybody who was there.

Thanks again for your support and kind comments,see you all soon.

Nick.

THE MIGHTY MARVELLOWS.

JOHNNY RODGERS.

DEE DEE BARNES.

LEAH DAWSON.

BETTY LAVETTE.

ART BENTON.

LEE DAVID.

THE OHIO PLAYERS.

PATTI AUSTIN.

LITTLE GIGI.

CODY BLACK.

CURTIS SMITH.

MARVA WHITNEY.

THE WEST COAST DISTRIBUTORS.

JOHNNIE JACKSON.

BOBBY WOMACK.

THE SOUL CITY.

SPENCER.

MAJOR LANCE.

GROOVETTES.

TY KARIM.

ROBERT REDTOP YOUNG.

RICHARD COOK.

THE FOUR VOICES.

:thumbsup: cheers Andy

Edited by nick hackett

So knackered from my hectic two days schedule (and over 400 miles, total) of three DJ spots over two 'nites.. only now able to sit & reflect enough to make my posting for another excellent 'niter at Middleton. Thanx, as always, Andy. :thumbsup:

Well... wot a nite !! Managed to get there, eventually - after enduring miles of weather more suited to those countries offering skiing holidays. The snowflakes were as big as footballs !! - I swear !! :D After about 40 miles of these conditions I began thinkin (with still another 30ish miles to travel) I must be 'Raving Mad' doing this and should, instead, be heading the other way down the M6.. & making the appx 140 mile journey home - instead of facing potential hazardous conditions for 170 + miles on the Sunday morning !! Then, suddenly remembering I am 'Raving Mad'.. I put me foot down instead !! (I was in a 4x4 anyway.. so what's the concern ??).

Arrived at about 2.50am (travelled up from The Soul Academy's fantastic Stafford Rangers FC 'nite - where I had a brilliant time doing the Guest DJ honours for the evening.. thanks Shute - Top Man) - which gave me just under an hour before the commencement of my 'Virgin' DJ debut at Middleton - via a spot kindly offered by that incredible soul duo of Carl & Maria. I am so grateful for the opportunity offered to spin some of my fave 45's from my collection (plus an LP track - on the nite) for the potential enjoyment of others in attendance at the Willingham Suite between 3.45 & ?? I'm not sure.. because Kit misplaced his keys (so couldn't retrieve his box of discs - wot a nightmare situation.. gutting!!) I was allowed to stay on longer than the planned 4.50 finish. Maria finally came back on for the duration of what was Kit's spot but, looking at the amount of tunes I managed to play, I enjoyed (immensely.. I really, really did !!) what must be the best part of an hour & a half in control of the decks !! What an inauguration !!

I used the available time to quickly do 'The Flyer Run' - first in the WS then the Record Dealers room and Main Hall. At which point I'd exhausted the available houndouts so didn't get in to the Back Room.. Whatsoever !! (the evening - what was left of it, going so quickly it was almost over before I'd realised).

Said some extremely quick 'Hello's' to all the familiar fun faces during my 'round' of flyer delivering. I apologise I didn't get opportunity to spend as much time with some of you as would've been preferred, but the nite just flew by.

Quick reminder, as I passed them, to a few of the 'faces' that may, even remotely, have been interested, cared, or bothered.. that my spot was about to begin - then off I eagerly trotted to await the 'Starters Orders' in the WS and, within just a few minutes.. I was off and away !! I soon became so totally immersed in the pleasure that I was getting from my alloted time (and some of the reactions to my selections) that I experienced several 'rushes' of delight at times - the type of which are seldom felt outside the bedroom !! I hope the general concensus of the audience, too, is one of enjoyment.. and I can be allowed to return at some future date (if it were any of the rooms at Middleton it would be a pleasure !! - hopefully, one day, I might be offered the opportunity in the Main Hall.. that, certainly, would be both an honour & privelage).

I include (I think, in it's entirety !?! unsure.gif ) my playlist.. and have tried to list them as played - but can't guarantee it's accuracy !!

Tina Mason A Good Kind Of Hurtin ' (Capitol LP)

Pat Lewis Geni (Detroit Stars)

Hytones Bigger & Better (Abet)

Strides I Can Get Along (M-S)

Devotions Do Do De Dop (Nation)

Shirley Lawson So Much To Me (Enterprise)

Pentagons Gonna Wait For You (Sutter)

Paul Vance One Track Mind (Chance)

Temptones Girl I Love You (Arctic)

Chi-Lites She's Mine (Blue Rock)

Ascots Another Day (Mir-A-Don)

Endeavours Beware Of Your Friends (Empire State)

Hyperions Why You Wanna Treat Me.. (Chattahoochee)

Al Williams I Am Nothing (La Beat) Requested

Tranells Blessed With A Love (Flo-Jo)

Mar-J's Got To Find A Way Out (Magic Touch)

Lonnie Russ Say Girl (Kerwood)

Anthony & Delsonics Everytime (Emerge)

Masqueraders That's The Same Thing (Soultown)

Pat Lewis Let's Get Together (Golden World)

Blenders Your Love Has Got Me Down (Mar-V-Lus)

Winfield Parker Sweet Little Girl (Ru-Jac)

Johnny McCall Let's Call It A Day (Satellite)

Mill Evans Thing's Won't Be The Same (Constellation)

Cookie Jackson Find me A Lover (Uptown)

Syl Johnson Do You Know What Love Is (Special Agent)

Jesse Johnson Left Out (Old Town)

Ray Pollard This Time (Shrine)

Mr Soul What Happened To Yesterday (Genuine)

Melvin Davis I Must Love You (Groovesville)

Jimmy Wallace I'll Be Back (Alpha)

Lee McKinney I'll Keep Holding On (Sable)

Johnny Mae Mathews I Have No Choice (Big Hit)

Johnny Maestro I'm Stepping Out Of The Picture (Scepter)

Fingers.. :boxing:

Cheers,

Adam.

Headsy said he had a missing record from his salesbox? Maybe this is it....?

regards

Paul

.. Just edited my post as Headsy been in touch with regards to the record... :thumbsup:

Edited by little-stevie

So knackered from my hectic two days schedule (and over 400 miles, total) of three DJ spots over two 'nites.. only now able to sit & reflect enough to make my posting for another excellent 'niter at Middleton. Thanx, as always, Andy. :thumbsup:

Well... wot a nite !! Managed to get there, eventually - after enduring miles of weather more suited to those countries offering skiing holidays. The snowflakes were as big as footballs !! - I swear !! :yes: After about 40 miles of these conditions I began thinkin (with still another 30ish miles to travel) I must be 'Raving Mad' doing this and should, instead, be heading the other way down the M6.. & making the appx 140 mile journey home - instead of facing potential hazardous conditions for 170 + miles on the Sunday morning !! Then, suddenly remembering I am 'Raving Mad'.. I put me foot down instead !! (I was in a 4x4 anyway.. so what's the concern ??).

Arrived at about 2.50am (travelled up from The Soul Academy's fantastic Stafford Rangers FC 'nite - where I had a brilliant time doing the Guest DJ honours for the evening.. thanks Shute - Top Man) - which gave me just under an hour before the commencement of my 'Virgin' DJ debut at Middleton - via a spot kindly offered by that incredible soul duo of Carl & Maria. I am so grateful for the opportunity offered to spin some of my fave 45's from my collection (plus an LP track - on the nite) for the potential enjoyment of others in attendance at the Willingham Suite between 3.45 & ?? I'm not sure.. because Kit misplaced his keys (so couldn't retrieve his box of discs - wot a nightmare situation.. gutting!!) I was allowed to stay on longer than the planned 4.50 finish. Maria finally came back on for the duration of what was Kit's spot but, looking at the amount of tunes I managed to play, I enjoyed (immensely.. I really, really did !!) what must be the best part of an hour & a half in control of the decks !! What an inauguration !!

I used the available time to quickly do 'The Flyer Run' - first in the WS then the Record Dealers room and Main Hall. At which point I'd exhausted the available houndouts so didn't get in to the Back Room.. Whatsoever !! (the evening - what was left of it, going so quickly it was almost over before I'd realised).

Said some extremely quick 'Hello's' to all the familiar fun faces during my 'round' of flyer delivering. I apologise I didn't get opportunity to spend as much time with some of you as would've been preferred, but the nite just flew by.

Quick reminder, as I passed them, to a few of the 'faces' that may, even remotely, have been interested, cared, or bothered.. that my spot was about to begin - then off I eagerly trotted to await the 'Starters Orders' in the WS and, within just a few minutes.. I was off and away !! I soon became so totally immersed in the pleasure that I was getting from my alloted time (and some of the reactions to my selections) that I experienced several 'rushes' of delight at times - the type of which are seldom felt outside the bedroom !! I hope the general concensus of the audience, too, is one of enjoyment.. and I can be allowed to return at some future date (if it were any of the rooms at Middleton it would be a pleasure !! - hopefully, one day, I might be offered the opportunity in the Main Hall.. that, certainly, would be both an honour & privelage).

I include (I think, in it's entirety !?! :lol: ) my playlist.. and have tried to list them as played - but can't guarantee it's accuracy !!

Fingers.. :ohmy:

tina mason!!!!!!! what a tune with a future!!!

great set mate thumbsup.gif:shades:

Another good night at Middleton (Andy even provided a treasure hunt, 'Kits key's'), got in about 9.30pm, sorry Carol I missed your spot36_1_38.gif, I heard it was a good'n, Dave Rivers was just starting and WHAT a spot he did36_1_55.gif, I spent a bit of time walking about all the three rooms and record bar, talk about itchy feet36_1_34.gif, I manged to hear Carl Fortnum and Nick Hacket do excellent spots, but Nick does it for me every time 36_1_32v.gif(don't forget the cd mate lol). The last two and a half hours I spent in the R & B room, these guy's just know how to produce the goods, nice to hear Andy Brazil play some great tunes and Hose was like a mustang, once he got going you could'nt stop him, got kicked out at 8.10am. Well done lad's36_1_11.gif.

Willie

Edited by Soulgrit

thanks mick, i enjoyed the night!

playlist (n i a o)

• cant get too much love johnny prayr

• do you know what love is syl johnson

• dance senorita hollywood flames

• i had a good time little eddie taylor

• when im gonna find her mark lloyd

• thats the way he is ann perry

• hey now baby leo price

• another day ascots

• losing again the metros

• sad day larry hammond

• its the same thing masquaders

• the tables turned billy profit c/u

• build your house on a strong foundation gwen & ray

• love cant be modernised the trips

• ride on ebony jam

• dont be afraid creative sauce

• soul dance no 3 carl holmes

• focused on you (inst) detroit city soul

• dont play the role tommy & the derbys

• ring the changes paradox

• just like you did me yvonne vernee

• sister lee sam ward

• if you cant be true marva lee

• cant we talk it over larry allen

• thinkin voices inc

thanks andy :wicked:thumbsup.gif:shades:

Fantastic set of tunage Dave,Really like that instrumental Detroit city soul.Keep on that one mate!

All Djs played out their skin,It was a great nite and atmosphere in all rooms Fantastic!

And that Kit the kelt fella is puttin himself about Lately,Well done mate that key business must of sent your blood pressure sky high.

But not that ude notice :thumbup:

Mike Cog

Guest rosemary

Soul Sam played three dance tracks together, I think the first might have been the Urban Blues Project, does anybody know the other two?

Peter

hi Peter, yes one of the records played by Soul Sam was UBP feat Bobby Pruitt - We are one, I think the other 2 were Michael Proctor - Love dont live (Tommy Musto mixes) and Soul Brothers feat Joi Car? - Let it go..........

Rosemary :thumbsup:

Guest Netspeaky

Cheers Andy for the invite really enjoyed the night, here's my play list. :thumbsup:

THE SOUL CITY - COLD HEARTED BLUES (GOODTIME)

THE ARRIVALS - THE GRANNY DRESS (LUMMTONE)

TOOTSIE ROLLERS - GIVE ME LOVE (ME-O)

SERVICEMEN - SWEET MAGIC (CHARTMAKER)

STARTONES - LOVIN' YOU BABY (BILLIE FRAN)

LES CHANSONETTES - DON'T LET HIM HURT YOU (SHRINE)

CAUTIONS - NO OTHER WAY (SHRINE)

MARGARET LITTLE - LOVE FINDS A WAY (GENEBRO)

MAGNETICS - LADY IN GREEN (BONNIE)

BILLY WELLS - THIS HEART THESE HANDS (SWEET SOUL)

NICKY C & THE CHATEAUX - THOSE GOOD TIMES (BAY SOUND)

JOE JAMMA - I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND (C/U)

BILLY ARNELL - STOP THE WORLD (C/U)

OHIO PLAYERS - I WANNA HEAR FROM YOU (WESTBOUND)

UNIQUE BLEND - GONNA SPREAD THE NEWS (ACETATE)

JOE McLEAN - LETS TALK ABOUT LOVE (EGO)

EDDIE DAYE & THE 4 BARS - GUESS WHO LOVES YOU (SHRINE)

JOYCE WILLIAMS - THE WRANGLER SHAKE (ACETATE)

THE PROPHETS - ONE GOLD PIECE (SHRINE)

IMPERIAL C's - SOMEONE TELL HER (PHIL-LA-OF-SOUL)

THE SWEETS - SOMETHING ABOUT MY BABY (SOULTOWN)

So knackered from my hectic two days schedule (and over 400 miles, total) of three DJ spots over two 'nites.. only now able to sit & reflect enough to make my posting for another excellent 'niter at Middleton. Thanx, as always, Andy. thumbsup.gif

Well... wot a nite !! Managed to get there, eventually - after enduring miles of weather more suited to those countries offering skiing holidays. The snowflakes were as big as footballs !! - I swear !! :P After about 40 miles of these conditions I began thinkin (with still another 30ish miles to travel) I must be 'Raving Mad' doing this and should, instead, be heading the other way down the M6.. & making the appx 140 mile journey home - instead of facing potential hazardous conditions for 170 + miles on the Sunday morning !! Then, suddenly remembering I am 'Raving Mad'.. I put me foot down instead !! (I was in a 4x4 anyway.. so what's the concern ??).

I include (I think, in it's entirety !?! :lol: ) my playlist.. and have tried to list them as played - but can't guarantee it's accuracy !!

Fingers.. :lol:

Gotta say what a way to lose your virginity :lol: Shirley Lawson is a awesome tune and thanks for the request even thou you put me on the spot by asking which side of the Al Williams i wanted cos they both as good as each other.

If anyone wants a DJ to enhance there night/nighter do yourselves a favour and get fingers booked soon because he will be booked up for a while after his latest set :lol: Dont forget my 10% agents fees :P

Back to Middleton. Andy thanks again for putting on a supreb night, Was good to see so many other people of the night in attendance considering Rugby was on and the weather conditions where more like what you get in the Alps than Manchester. And it was only 5mins from home :P Nearly forgot. Big thanks to Maria for opening her set with the Timothy Wilson tune i asked for

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul

BEEN SAID BEFORE BUT WHAT A GREAT TURN OUT CONSIDERING THE WEATHER AND OTHER EVENTS BEING ON :lol: THE MAIN ROOM DJS PLAYED SOME FANTASTIC TUNES AS DID THE R&B ROOM WERE I HAD LAUGH AND CRAZY CHAT WITH MR. HISCOCK laugh.gif RECORD BAR WAS AGAIN VERY BUSY SO YOU MUST HAVE GONE HOME ANDY WITH A LITTLE GRIN ON YOUR FACE :lol: SEE YOU AT THE NEXT ONE :lol: ENZO

HAD A GREAT NIGHT COME AWAY WITH A BIG HANDFUL OF TUNES AND A WANTS LIST AS LONG AS MY ARM.

ARCTIC CONDITIONS SO WAS SURPRISED TO SEE SO MANY HAD BRAVED THE ELEMENTS A GREAT TURN OUT.

WENT ON AFTER SAM AND HERES WHAT I SPUN IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER.

COUNTS - STRONGER THAN EVER - ASK

INSIGHTS - I NEED YOUR LONLENINESS - PALMETTO

LITTLE CHARLES & THE SIDEWINDERS - ITS A HEARTACHE - DECCA

JONATHAN CAPREE - GONNA BUILD ME A MOUNTAIN - OX-BOW

MARTY LEWIS - I CANT DO WITHOUT YOU - BIG DEAL

DREAM -MERCHANTS - STOP YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART - RENEE

WAYNE ANTHONY - YOU AINT WRAPPED TO TIGHT - ROULETTE

FOUR SIGHTS - LOVE IS A HURTING GAME THAT I CAN'T WIN

JIMMY & THE J's - LOVE IS A CHANGING THING - TOUCHDOWN

DON GARDNER & THE CHECKMATES - COOKING - SPECTACULAR

JAYWALKERS - CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU - SWAN

MIKE TEAGUE - FUNKY FUNKY - CHRISTI

RICHIE BROWN - UPTIGHT - HIT

ELGINS - RITHA MAE - CONGRESS

BRISTOLS - GO AWAY WITH A GIRL LIKE ME - AUDIO DYNAMICS

BLEU LIGHTS - THEY DONT KNOW MY HEART - BAY SOUND

VOLUMES - AINT GONNA GIVE YOU UP - KAREN

DEBONETTES - TEARS - MERRY

TOMMY DODSON 111 - COOPERATE - MAIN SOUND

WILLIE GUAFF & THE SOUL BROS - EVERYBODY NEEDS LOVE

MARK McIVER - SOUL THING - DADE

NU-RONS ALL - OF MY LIFE - NU-RON

MOMENTS - BABY I WANT YOU - HOG

thats about it thanks to all the dancers and listeners alike hope there was sumatt for everyone

now i'm gonna go and rest for the yarmouth weekender till next time take care

Flanny

Guest Andy Brazil

First up..Massive thanks to Joe & the Backbeat pirates for giving me the chance to play

last Saturday, really enjoyed the whole night.

Steve Cato & Lydia, thank you for the warm welcome,risotto, & the kind of hospitality

with inspired tunes

(also great to see Nick & Hannah there)

that put me in a positive frame of mind for a night among knowledgeable.

fun friends (What a great combination :wicked:

Richard Bailey, fellow "snout-cast" for (as always) interesting ideas & chats,

while braving Siberia for a smoke.

there are times, when skint & knackered when we all feel "what's it all about?"

but even after no sleep thurs-sun :thumbup: , & a journey Hannibal would have been wary of;.

just witnessing Hoss & Joe, all fired-up, putting everything into their last (8.30-9am!!??) set,

or steve (before you go you've got to listen to "just this one more" yes.gif

Yes, That passion is what it's all about!

OOh The memories!

p.s massive thanks to Johnny

for the lift back (& second after-party!! rolleyes.gif )via Sheffield & Milton Keynes!

(& Steve thanks for the book!)

looking forward to the next one.

Andy.

Edited by Andy Brazil
Guest Netspeaky

HAD A GREAT NIGHT COME AWAY WITH A BIG HANDFUL OF TUNES AND A WANTS LIST AS LONG AS MY ARM.

ARCTIC CONDITIONS SO WAS SURPRISED TO SEE SO MANY HAD BRAVED THE ELEMENTS A GREAT TURN OUT.

thats about it thanks to all the dancers and listeners alike hope there was sumatt for everyone

Flanny

Nice set Flanny as usual, if I don't catch you this coming weekend, then see you at Broughton following weekend. Mark

HAD A TOP TIME AS PER USUAL ...MANY THANKS TO CARL & MARIA FOR HAVING ME BACK AGAIN ...GOD BLESS YA ! SPENT MOST OF MY NIGHT IN THE WILLINGHAM SUITE BUT DID CATCH SNIPPETS OF SETS ON MAIN FLOOR AS I LIKE TO HAVE A QUICK SCOOT ROUND AND A QUICK BOP HERE AND THERE.

HATS OFF TO EVERYONE WHO BRAVED THE WEATHER . ALWAYS FEELS LIKE FAMILY HERE AND OVERALL HAD A GROOVEY TIME ( NURSING A SUSPECTED BUST TOE THAT'S WHY MY REACTION IS TEMPERED..WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPIER IF I COULD HAVE PHYSICALLY DANCED MORE BUT HAD TO KEEP STOPPING ......IT'S A HARD LIFE :P )

HEARD SOME ACE TUNES BOUGHT A MIGHTY FINE TUNE AND CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ANNIVERSARY !!!!!!!!!

LIKED THE DELICATES (MICK N MO) & OLI CHRISTIAN...JOHNNY BAXTER ALWAYS PLAYS SOME GOODIES AS DOES MR WESTON ( HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR !!!) AND MR FINGERS (FIRST TIME I'VE HEARD YA SQUIRE..TOP TUNES !) MARIA TAKING NO PRISONERS AS USUAL.....KIT DID YA FIND YA KEYS ?

THE YORK CREWE FINALLY ARRIVED (DALE GET THERE EARLY NEXT WEEK !!!!)

TREVSKI GETS THE 'MOST DEDICATED FOLLOWER OF FASHION' AWARD ..... SLICK DUDE OR WHAT ! MICKEY CRUZE GETS ' MOST INTERESTING HAIRSTYLE' AWARD AND 'SAMS SOUL SOUNDS' GETS ' BRAVERY AWARD' FOR STICKING HIS NECK OUT ON THE BLOCK ON THE LINE ETC AND WHILST NOT PLEASING EVERYONE HAD ME GROOVIN !!! TA A MILLION TO WILLY FOR DELUXE DOUBLE CD...TOP GEAR SIR !!! MUCHO GUSTO !! TOO MANY FOLKS TO MENTION...STEVE & LYDIA CYA THURS. NICK & HANNAH CYA SOON !!

BIT LATE THIS BUT ANYROAD TA 2 ANDY MAC FOR ANOTHER GROOVEY HAPPENING CYA AT MARIAS BIG ' 50 ' AND DYA WANT ME TO PRICE THOSE TABLES ( 8-BALL ) :yes:

BIG LUV CPTN M & SENOR V

Flanny

=====

absolutely brilliant spot Flanny .dont think i sat down ure whole spot..qualitry tunes!