Detroit Sound Patterns Acetates

Wilxy

What is the score as to the legitimacy of Detroit sound patterns acetates with regard to "originality", as I have a few such as

Eric & the vikings -Hurting, and Pearl Jones-Give me another chance both on 10 inch acetates (both are double sided)albeit the latter has a sticky label stating the artist as Barbara Mercer, and whilst I appreciate the likelihood of some tracks in this format could be laid onto blanks I'm sure there is the knowledge on these boards to enlighten me somewhat :thumbup:

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

What is the score as to the legitimacy of Detroit sound patterns acetates with regard to "originality", as I have a few such as

Eric & the vikings -Hurting, and Pearl Jones-Give me another chance both on 10 inch acetates (both are double sided)albeit the latter has a sticky label stating the artist as Barbara Mercer, and whilst I appreciate the likelihood of some tracks in this format could be laid onto blanks I'm sure there is the knowledge on these boards to enlighten me somewhat unsure.gif

They should be OK, there done by Danny Dallas. He still runs an independant mastering service in Detroit and has worked for just about everyone in the city.

Social source share

Eric & the vikings -Hurting, and Pearl Jones-Give me another chance both on 10 inch acetates (both are double sided)albeit the latter has a sticky label stating the artist as Barbara Mercer, and whilst I appreciate the likelihood of some tracks in this format could be laid onto blanks I'm sure there is the knowledge on these boards to enlighten me somewhat :thumbsup:

I thought the Eric & Vikings was originally spun on a RCA labelled 10'' acetate?

The 'Barbara Mercer' sounds as you suggest, a modern cut using a vintage label?

:thumbsup:

Social source share

• 1 month later...

neil rushton may be able to shed more light if needed - he brought out the eric and the vikings on kool kat in the mid 80s

Edited by Dan
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!