Just Finished On Ebay

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

finished at $671 and looks like a boot to me.just goes to show after all the threads on

soul source people dont put 2 and 2 together :) item no 230238215024

dave

Mentioned it the other day on the Pages thread in the 'Sharp End' forum Dave.

Have a look on the link below (post 23).

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/SUNSTRUCK-PAGES-HEARTACHES-t63310.html&pid=737604#entry737604

Social source share

Your dead right Dave it looks like the boot, poor old WynderK

As Cunnie mentions above, the scan is probably not from the copy for sale and indeed it looks exactly like the scan of my old bootleg copy which I sold on eBay a couple of months ago! The seller is a well known contributor to this (and other) forums and in the questions box at the bottom he describes the matrix number as being "Superdisc TBS-1001-A" which is correct for an original copy. The matrix markings on the a-side of the bootleg has got "TBS 1001 A - 196 SUPERDISC".

If it indeed is an original copy, and I suspect that it is, then $671 (about £335) is the bargain of the month! A terribly hard to find 7" on original.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Guest stromberg

If it indeed is an original copy, and I suspect that it is, then $671 (about £335) is the bargain of the month! A terribly hard to find 7" on original.

Social source share

Not sure about being a super-bargain, though..would have thought the going rate for an original is 350 UKP..

In my experience, bonafide originals of this 45 are extremely hard to track down. In fact, it practically never turns up for sale. The ratio is probably less than one copy per year (at least out in the "open"). More info, better and more detailed scans, soundclips etc. would most likely have pushed this auction to a much higher price.

Social source share

finished at $671 and looks like a boot to me.just goes to show after all the threads on

soul source people dont put 2 and 2 together ohmy.gif item no 230238215024

dave

Dave, have you ever asked yourself .... "does every soul collector and enthusiast in the UK and around the world visit the Soul Source web site occasionally .... or at all .... or even know it exists ? "

As much as I love this site and live and breathe this site, I think you'll find the proportion of soul people who know about this site is sadly in the minority ......

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

Dave, have you ever asked yourself .... "does every soul collector and enthusiast in the UK and around the world visit the Soul Source web site occasionally .... or at all .... or even know it exists ? "

As much as I love this site and live and breathe this site, I think you'll find the proportion of soul people who know about this site is sadly in the minority ......

You're probably right about not everyone being aware of Soul Source, or having time to read every thread on it... :thumbup: But if you can access eBay, you can also access the net's biggest and most popular search engine Google.

If someone was to use Google to research how to tell the difference between an original and a bootleg copy of this particular record and put the following into the search field:

pages heartaches & pain

...then they would get the following as the very first search result:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/SUNSTRU...HES-t63310.html

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

As the seller I can assure you it is as original as an original can be. As Sebastian stated it says so already by stating the matrix in the auction by the way.

As for the price, well the last one for sale on evilbay was the bootleg that Seb sold. This went for 339 USD CLEARLY STATING ITS THE BOOT. The last other original I can find on ebay was sold in 2006 (!) for 449 USD already.

The 45 is highly indemand and despite me being so 1000% tired of hearing it by crossing over to the Funk Scene attracting more interest these days as ever before. So at a "very" wild guess - yes - this record is worth 300 UKP these days.

On the other hand my Wil Collins only made 300 USD+ while the two before went for nearly double that amount at 600 USD+,

wonder why nobody has started a thread "JUST FINISHED: WIL COLLINS AT A MERE 300 USD, PRICES ARE DROPPING, MARKET CRASHING, SCENE IS DEAD ?"

:thumbsup:

Marc

Social source share

As the seller I can assure you it is as original as an original can be. As Sebastian stated it says so already by stating the matrix in the auction by the way.

As for the price, well the last one for sale on evilbay was the bootleg that Seb sold. This went for 339 USD CLEARLY STATING ITS THE BOOT. The last other original I can find on ebay was sold in 2006 (!) for 449 USD already.

The 45 is highly indemand and despite me being so 1000% tired of hearing it by crossing over to the Funk Scene attracting more interest these days as ever before. So at a "very" wild guess - yes - this record is worth 300 UKP these days.

On the other hand my Wil Collins only made 300 USD+ while the two before went for nearly double that amount at 600 USD+,

wonder why nobody has started a thread "JUST FINISHED: WIL COLLINS AT A MERE 300 USD, PRICES ARE DROPPING, MARKET CRASHING, SCENE IS DEAD ?"

:D

Marc

Glad that's cleared up,

Thanks Marc thumbsup.gif

IMO £300 - £350 sounds about right for a real copy.

Wish i'd remembered about the Will Collins as that really was a bargain.

Bidded more than that on the last copy that went for over $600 :yes:

Don't suppose you've got another for the same price as the one you sold.

Social source share

hi all.

yes working 12 hour days and working away from home most of the time means that

i dont spend much time on soul source. also i dont have the knowledge about scanning

labels and posting them up. i dont seem to have the time to educate myself in this way.

i appreciate that some people dont use or have never heard of soul source. they dont know

what they are missing. back to the job in hand.the scan marc forrest put up was deffo not

right. i`m not saying marc did`nt have a real one for sale.but the scan was the same as my copy

which as far as i know is a boot. the original is more orangey than bright yellow. the writing is not blurred. on this copy it was. also on this copy,look at the sunstruck logo. i thought there were

three of them. on the other hand.it could be marcs scanner or better still I thought i had a boot

and it may be a real one tongue.gif

dave pinches of the pinches twins

( south yorkshires best kept secret)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!