• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

For anyone too lazy to view these details via the link here they are just a few 'scrolls' down the page.

Our next night is Saturday May 3rd, 8pm 'til Midnight and beyond

April's night was fantastic, thanks to all who came! We're following it up with another night of finest Northern Soul, with a smattering of modern, crossover and eclectic, and a special guest DJ. This month's guest is Matt, from the 45RPM Soul Club, in Melksham. We are pleased to welcome him back to the GT decks - he's previously guested for us at HushHush Bar and Il Bordello. If you've seen him before you'll know he mixes up-tempo Northern with some lesser-known gems, as well as a few surprises - expect the dancefloor to be packed!

He'll be joined by GT residents Ian Williams (Northern); Steve Harry (Modern); Rocker (Northern) Mike Shawe (Modern, Crossover & Eclectic) will be calling in to drop a set on his way to his residency at Hot Buttered Soul @ The Park, The Triangle, Bristol - which is open 'til 4am and after last month's madness will once again act as our after-party!

The Thunderbolt (formerly The Turnpike Inn) is South Bristol's finest music venue, situated on the Bath Road, 300 yards South of the Three Lamps junction. A friendly, intimate pub-sized venue with an excellent real ale bar at pub prices and of course a dancefloor. There's a terrace out back for the smokers.

Parking is readily available in the streets behind the venue, and there's a regular bus service to / from the city centre 'til 11.45pm. It's a ten-minute walk from Temple Meads station.

Entry is £3, we'll be playing from 8pm 'til midnight.

Since space is limited we recommend you get there early to guarantee admission!

Dancing is encouraged! It's a bank holiday weekend so we will accept no excuses - attend the after-party too - you have two days to recover!

Post in the chat forum here to let us know if you're coming!

Contact us here.

April's pics here.

If you have a Facebook account you can join our group here.

The Inaugural Getting Together boat trip will take place in Bristol on Midsummers Day - Sat June 21st.

Since there are only 46 places available we expect demand to be high & tickets to sell out rapidly.

Boat departs central Bristol 7pm. GT residents Ian Williams, Steve Harry, Mike Shawe and Rocker will be spinning vinyl - there's a bar, toilets, and a smoking area.

We will be selling tickets for a tenner at The Thunderbolt on May 3rd - Is strictly first come first served!

There will be an afterparty a short walk from the boat in central Bristol from 10.45pm til 2am. Entry 3 quid - but free for boat trip ticketholders!

Will put up a listing once details are finalized!

Cheers!

Rocker

Mike Shawe Apr 28th

" Mines a Guisness " :):lol:

Wow Mike, - you've started drinking early :lol:

Fancy a larger or a gym and tonic too?

You'd never catch me drinking mind....... :unsure:

Should be a cracking night

I'm playing a dozen tunes never played out before (well by me anyway..... :g: )

Yes - come on lets ave ya!!!

<>

Lookin forward to hearin those!

I'm DJing in Stoke tonight (Fri) but hopefully will be back by 4am to get my beauty sleep for the impending marathon soul session! (& god knows I could do with it!)

Edited by Rocker