Driving Beat Soul Club presents the

St Georges day (near enough)

Northern Soul Night at

SIX HILLS HOTEL The Fosseway (A46) Leicestershire, LE14 3PD

Saturday 19 April and every 3rd Saturday 8:00pm - 1:00am

This weeks line up

Andy Harrison (Trandy Soul Club)

Marky Mole (Leicester)

Plus residents Bryn (3/4 English, 1/8 Welsh, look you, 1/8 Scots, do ye ken) and Gaz "The Soul Doctor" (1/8 Sober, 7/8 Pizzed)

Great sounds, Great location, late bar

ONLY £3 VIA TREV (7/8 Doorman, 1/8 British Bulldog) ON THE DOOR

For more info call

Bryn on 07768 910131

Or Garry on 07723 089639

Edited by Bryn
  • Replies 50
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Northern Soul Night at

This weeks line up

Marky Mole (Leicester)

Plus residents Bryn (3/4 English, 1/8 Welsh, look you, 1/8 Scots, do ye ken) and Gaz "The Soul Doctor" (1/8 Sober, 7/8 Pizzed)

For more info call

Bryn on 07768 910131

Or Garry on 07723 089639

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE..............

ALWAYS A GREAT NIGHT AT SIX HILLS............... :)

LUV

BETTY

X

Northern Soul Night at

This weeks line up

Marky Mole (Leicester)

For more info call

Bryn on 07768 910131

Or Garry on 07723 089639

will be wearing the chain mail underpants sad.gif always a top nite to be had here nice and friendly ,run by top geezers

will be wearing the chain mail underpants sad.gif always a top nite to be had here nice and friendly ,run by top geezers

Now now Marky, no clanking behind the decks!

Don't forget to remind the Netster to bring a change of armour or should that be amour!

Guest shaunmarie

gona miss this one goin camping in devon :thumbup: right shame as the last one was blindin

b good shaun thumbup.gif

J20 THE WYCLIFFE ROOMS LUTTERWORTH APRIL 12th

Guest soulfullbabe

Hi Bryn Gaz, Trev well looking forward to this one not been too well lately but back on form now. Dave aka nitnurse :thumbsup: i hear that number one on your request list is Duffy for this one matey pal friend think you need to see the good doctor about that one. :thumbsup::P:P:thumbsup:

Hi Bryn Gaz, Trev well looking forward to this one not been too well lately but back on form now. Dave aka nitnurse :ohmy: i hear that number one on your request list is Duffy for this one matey pal friend think you need to see the good doctor about that one. :P:P:P:thumbsup:

hey watch it soulfullbabe if im asked to play i will but now you asked for it i play just for you you little minx you :lol::thumbsup::P:thumbsup:

:P

Be lovely to see you guys, looking forward to hearing the new spins!

We are looking forward to spinning them................ and of course iam looking forward to seeing you Bryn........ haven't seen you for ages...... :P

luv

Betty

x

We are looking forward to spinning them................ and of course iam looking forward to seeing you Bryn........ haven't seen you for ages...... :lol:

luv

Betty

x

Hi Betty,

Any luck with those 2 Andy phoned me about earlier in the week?

Picked up a cheap Contract on Love, a very cheap terrible tom, a Shiela Anthony on demo, a Fantastics on SS7 and a Beach Boys meet northern soul (very blue eyed but turns into a stomper). Still looking for a Rose Brooks if you see one (at the right price of course). Take care darling. See you next Saturday. KTF Bryn (I'd put love :lol: but Andy'd only get jealous..... lol)

Guest soul bandit

Hi Betty,

Any luck with those 2 Andy phoned me about earlier in the week?

Picked up a cheap Contract on Love, a very cheap terrible tom, a Shiela Anthony on demo, a Fantastics on SS7 and a Beach Boys meet northern soul (very blue eyed but turns into a stomper). Still looking for a Rose Brooks if you see one (at the right price of course). Take care darling. See you next Saturday. KTF Bryn (I'd put love :rolleyes: but Andy'd only get jealous..... lol)

hi buddy............. yeah I wud be jealous................. I thought you loved me................ :D

only kiddin mate........................how are you.........................

cant wait to get back behind your decks again...................

got loads of new stuff to play...................

top northern & RnB sounds..............

ok ok.......... ill tell you a couple im gonna play then..........

sparkles-try love.....

roger hatcher.....sweetest girl in the world.....

ernestine eady.....the change.....

oooooooooooooh no ive just thought Bettys helpin me :lol:

looks like..... l

little willie john-im shakin.....

& ted taylor-somebodys always tryin.....might be hittin the decks..... but whatever we play we hope youre gonna love mate..........

my favourite venue this is......... see ya next week lads

$OULBANDIT & BETTYBOOP :lol::Dthumbsup.gifxxx

hi buddy............. yeah I wud be jealous................. I thought you loved me................ :(

sparkles-try love.....

oooooooooooooh no ive just thought Bettys helpin me :D

looks like..... l

& ted taylor-somebodys always tryin.....might be hittin the decks..... but whatever we play we hope youre gonna love mate..........

$OULBANDIT & BETTYBOOP :D:lol::ohmy:xxx

hi buddy............. yeah I wud be jealous................. I thought you loved me................ :lol:

sparkles-try love.....

oooooooooooooh no ive just thought Bettys helpin me :yes:

looks like..... l

$OULBANDIT & BETTYBOOP :thumbup::lol::thumbsup:xxx

ohmy.gifno no no................ how rude Mr $oulbandit..................

you are helping me !!!??............... lol.........................

my favourite tune will definately be hitting the deck............

but :wave: can't tell what it is........................ but heres a clue...................

its by THE FALCONS....................... my Valentines present.........

Luv

THE BOOP

x

hi buddy............. yeah I wud be jealous................. I thought you loved me................ :lol:

sparkles-try love.....

oooooooooooooh no ive just thought Bettys helpin me :yes:

looks like..... l

$OULBANDIT & BETTYBOOP :thumbup::lol::thumbsup:xxx

ohmy.gifno no no................ how rude Mr $oulbandit..................

you are helping me !!!??............... lol.........................

my favourite tune will definately be hitting the deck............

but :wave: can't tell what it is........................ but heres a clue...................

its by THE FALCONS....................... my Valentines present.........

Luv

THE BOOP

x

Saw it for Sale a week or so back, top tune and getting top dollar, I think the one I saw was £250!!!!

Guest GazArcher

Hi Bryn Gaz, Trev well looking forward to this one not been too well lately but back on form now. Dave aka nitnurse :D i hear that number one on your request list is Duffy for this one matey pal friend think you need to see the good doctor about that one. :thumbup::ohmy::lol::rolleyes:

THE GOOD DOCTOR IS BACK ON LINE :lol:

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS SPECIAL NIGHT...........

ST. GEORGE HAS GOT SOUL

SO COME ON AND SLAY ALL YOUR DRAGONS ON THE DANCE FLOOR AND FREE THAT SWEET MAIDEN NAMED NORTHERN SOUL.

MARK & ANDY KEEP THE THE PACE GOING THE LAST 3 EVENTS HAVE GROWN STRONGER & STRONGER WITH 150 AVG, AND A FULL DANCE FLOOR. HARD ACT TO FOLLOW BUT I'M SURE YOU GUYS CAN DO THE BIZZ.

AND SOULFUL BABE...........DON'T GET CHEEKY rolleyes.gif

SEES YER SATS

THE SOUL DOCTOR

Hi Bryn Gaz, Trev well looking forward to this one not been too well lately but back on form now. Dave aka nitnurse :rolleyes: i hear that number one on your request list is Duffy for this one matey pal friend think you need to see the good doctor about that one. :thumbup::ohmy::lol:thumbup.gif

Hi Diane,

You will be pleased to hear that Six Hills will be a Duffy free zone. With a rich vein of underplayed northern, we don't need it and we should remember why the scene became what it is. There are hundreds of records to choose from, from the late 50's to the early 80's (although I don't like much past the early 70's), R&B, 60's beat, motown, rarities, blue eyed soul, stompers, floaters, beat ballads, ska, classics, album tracks, floorfillers, tailor mades, acetates, xover, enders (even disco and modern, if we must). If that ain't enough we should pack up! Next month the first hour will be instrumentals only (which illustrates how many 45's we have to go at).

I'm doing a tribute to twisted wheel (Brazenose St and Whitworth St era's) in my spot so get yer thinkin' cap on :D

KTF Bryn

THE GOOD DOCTOR IS BACK ON LINE :thumbsup:

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS SPECIAL NIGHT...........

ST. GEORGE HAS GOT SOUL

SO COME ON AND SLAY ALL YOUR DRAGONS ON THE DANCE FLOOR AND FREE THAT SWEET MAIDEN NAMED NORTHERN SOUL.

MARK & ANDY KEEP THE THE PACE GOING THE LAST 3 EVENTS HAVE GROWN STRONGER & STRONGER WITH 150 AVG, AND A FULL DANCE FLOOR. HARD ACT TO FOLLOW BUT I'M SURE YOU GUYS CAN DO THE BIZZ.

AND SOULFUL BABE...........DON'T GET CHEEKY :D

SEES YER SATS

THE SOUL DOCTOR

gonna be mixing it up for you geezers sat nite

Saw it for Sale a week or so back, top tune and getting top dollar, I think the one I saw was £250!!!!

top tune and definately top dollar - it sounds so fab when belted out at full volume

sells for anything from £250 - £350 - and was originally a flop for the group....... ???? :D can you believe that......

one more to go on BIG WHEEL to complete the singles set...... which is already sorted and on hold for us and for a good price too ???? got the album set too....

PS.. I am on the lookout for a couple on your wanted list for you......

luv Betty xxx

top tune and definately top dollar - it sounds so fab when belted out at full volume

sells for anything from £250 - £350 - and was originally a flop for the group....... ???? :ohmy: can you believe that......

one more to go on BIG WHEEL to complete the singles set...... which is already sorted and on hold for us and for a good price too ???? got the album set too....

PS.. I am on the lookout for a couple on your wanted list for you......

luv Betty xxx

Thanks Betty, I'll catch up when I see you guys on Saturday.

Guest GazArcher

JUST BEEN INFORMED THAT THE NIGHTER RUN BY SAM MOORE HAS HIJACKED OUR NAME AND PUT OUT FLYERS SAYING "THE DRIVING BEAT SOUL CLUB NIGHTER AT SIXHILLS....."

LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT...........

THE DRIVING BEAT SOUL CLUB IS A MONTHLY EVENT HELD EVERY 3RD SATURDAY, AND IS RUN BY BRYN WRIGHT AND MYSELF. WE ARE NOT NOW, EVER HAVE BEEN, OR EVER WILL HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE ALL NIGHTER HELD AT THIS VENUE.

WE HAVE BEEN PROMOTING OURSELVES AS THE DRIVING BEAT SOUL CLUB FOR A GOOD FEW YEARS NOW AND ALTHOUGH SAM WAS APOLOGETIC AND CLAIMS HE DIDN'T KNOW THAT WE WERE THE DRIVING BEAT SOUL CLUB, I FIND THIS HARD TO BELIEVE.

BRYN AND I HAVE PUT OUR HEARTS AND SOUL INTO MAKING THIS SOUL CLUB A SUCCESS AND WE REALLY DON'T NEED THIS KIND OF "MISUNDERSTANDING"

WE KNOW OUR REGULARS DO NOT GET CONFUSED ABOUT WHICH IS THE MONTHLY EVENT AND WHICH IS THE NIGHTER, BUT THIS SORT OF THING WILL CONFUSE PEOPLE AND MAY PUT SOME OFF COMING THINKING IT IS THE NIGHTER. MORE LIKELY IT MAY PUT SOME NUMBERS ON THE DOOR AT THE NIGHTER BECAUSE OF THE GROWING REPUTATION THAT WE NOW HAVE!

SO ONCE AGAIN JUST SO ITS CLEAR......

THE DRIVING BEAT SOUL CLUB IS NOT THE NIGHTER

BUT IT IS THE FRIENDLIEST LITTLE SOUL CLUB ON THE PLANET, (PROVIDED YOU DON'T UPSET US) wicked.gif

Guest gibber

Hi Diane,

You will be pleased to hear that Six Hills will be a Duffy free zone. With a rich vein of underplayed northern, we don't need it and we should remember why the scene became what it is. There are hundreds of records to choose from, from the late 50's to the early 80's (although I don't like much past the early 70's), R&B, 60's beat, motown, rarities, blue eyed soul, stompers, floaters, beat ballads, ska, classics, album tracks, floorfillers, tailor mades, acetates, xover, enders (even disco and modern, if we must). If that ain't enough we should pack up! Next month the first hour will be instrumentals only (which illustrates how many 45's we have to go at).

I'm doing a tribute to twisted wheel (Brazenose St and Whitworth St era's) in my spot so get yer thinkin' cap on :P

KTF Bryn

HI Bryn

cant make this one mate, burnley is calling but the lads will be over as usual .. :lol:

Going to be another great night by the sounds of things. thumbsup.gif

Glad you got a Duffy ban . ph34r.gif

See you soon .

Andy

HI Bryn

cant make this one mate, burnley is calling but the lads will be over as usual .. :P

Going to be another great night by the sounds of things. thumbsup.gif

Glad you got a Duffy ban . ph34r.gif

See you soon .

Andy

Cheers Andy, thanks for the heads up, see you next time.KTF Bryn

Guest GazArcher

sorry guys wont be able to make it this month as im djing else were but i know you gonna a great night see you all soon and only the second time i missed it since you took over

NO PROBS DAVE, ENJOY THE CHARITY GIG, HOPE YOU RAISE LOTS OF DOUGH, GIVE MY BEST TO MITCH AND ANN

:lol::lol::D:lol::(:P:lol:

Guest soulfullbabe

Hi Diane,

I'm doing a tribute to twisted wheel (Brazenose St and Whitworth St era's) in my spot so get yer thinkin' cap on :shades:

KTF Bryn

Hi Bryn :thumbup: Thank god Duffy free. Now im a oldies fan its what got my heart pumping back in the days and i still love to hear good oldies BUT i love the music policy at the driving beat soul club yourself Gaz and the ever smiling trev are credit to us all ,as im known to say and i do have my say as we all know. your night at sixhills is one of the best in the east midlands its not just a northern soul venue its a meeting place for some of the most friendliest people i have known for a very long long time when i walk through those doors and hear the music it makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck and there aint many venues make me feel like that. For the next couple of months im not going to be out and about which means im going to miss a couple of nights with you but ive got the decorating bug and its got to be done, im going to miss everyone but i will be back and Gaz i Will be just as cheeky :D . Keep up the good work and i will see you all soon. Soulfullbabe

Hi Bryn :thumbup: Thank god Duffy free. Now im a oldies fan its what got my heart pumping back in the days and i still love to hear good oldies BUT i love the music policy at the driving beat soul club yourself Gaz and the ever smiling trev are credit to us all ,as im known to say and i do have my say as we all know. your night at sixhills is one of the best in the east midlands its not just a northern soul venue its a meeting place for some of the most friendliest people i have known for a very long long time when i walk through those doors and hear the music it makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck and there aint many venues make me feel like that. For the next couple of months im not going to be out and about which means im going to miss a couple of nights with you but ive got the decorating bug and its got to be done, im going to miss everyone but i will be back and Gaz i Will be just as cheeky :shades: . Keep up the good work and i will see you all soon. Soulfullbabe

Hi Diane, Thanks for the generous comments, it the members that count and our policy will always be to play what they (you) want. That's what makes for a great night. I've been to too many venues where you request something and the DJ says "yeah, yeah" but doesn't play the tune you asked for. We don't patronise, we just go with the flow. It's supporters like you that make the night and driving beat is for the people by the people, so be ready with your requests and let's get that dance busy!!! KTF Bryn

sorry guys wont be able to make it this month as im djing else were but i know you gonna a great night see you all soon and only the second time i missed it since you took over

I hope you've got a note from Gaz! Seriously m8 you and Sue will be missed, (who can I cadge a fag off now!), catch you next time. KTF Bryn

I hope you've got a note from Gaz! Seriously m8 you and Sue will be missed, (who can I cadge a fag off now!), catch you next time. KTF Bryn

brother bryn whats your pioson turkish or american ciggerettes (not fags) :shades::thumbup:

Guest GazArcher

brother bryn whats your pioson turkish or american ciggerettes (not fags) :):lol:

YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW HE ONLY SMOKES ONE BRAND.........FREEBIES! :lol:

THE ONLY SMOKING I'LL BE DOING IS ON THEM THERE DECKS. PLAYING SOME SCORCHING TUNES THAT ARE GAURANTEED TO BURN UP THE DANCE FLOOR (AND HELP BURN OFF THOSE CALORIES......)

SEES YER SATS

CAN'T WAIT thumbup.gif

WHOS IN DER HOUSE?..........

THE SOUL DOCTOR...

SOUL MEDICATION FOR THE NATION

got a note teacher i got caught smoking behind the bike shed he a tuff teacher :unsure:

but have a good one from me and sue and see you soon doing a charity spot for ann and mitch for cancer reserch mate

brother bryn whats your pioson turkish or american ciggerettes (not fags) :lol::wicked:

Hey Marky,As with the old days..... anything will do, blues, clears, black bombers.... sorry you meant cigarettes..... red lebanese, grey pyramid!!!!

Hey Marky,As with the old days..... anything will do, blues, clears, black bombers.... sorry you meant cigarettes..... red lebanese, grey pyramid!!!!

purple haze(now theres a tune) white widow ,super sunk,dutch brands only aalllrriigghhhht

see you geezrs sat nite

Guest soul bandit

Thanks Betty, I'll catch up when I see you guys on Saturday.

........HI THERE AGAIN...

I totally agree with what you say about there being so many underplayed &

relatively unknown to most, soul records..............

Alot of people give me flack & seem to think I'm new to the scene...................

Truth is I've been on the scene since I was 13.............

I went to colemans then pegged it down to the station to get the 11-37pm train

to BAAAAAAHBY... oops sorry I mean DERBY.......... to the assembly rooms nighter...........

awesome fun..........the sounds echoing as you were walkin up the stairs is unforgetable......

So many exiting new sounds then........... that was about 1978....... still got my membership...........

I made it to the penultimate nighter @ wigan.... still got my card............ mind you I was 16 so

borrowed my mates birth certificate cus he was 18............ one of the lads had to sleep on the bus

until 4am when they let him in............. & Record Haven up Regent street..........

GOOD TIMES & GOOD TUNES............ I have collected so

many of them over the years & I just love sharing them all with you guys...........

THE SOULIES........... My box is your box & I hope you'll enjoy listening to them tonight as I still

do every single day.......... & have for 30 years...........

catch you later...............

herr bandito mit der $oul {$OULBANDIT} unt das Boopen {BETTYBOOP} ph34r.gifthumbup.gif:wicked:

Guest SteveJohnston

Don't hold much hope but you can try Spanner :yes:

Steve

Guest SteveJohnston

[ok ok.......... ill tell you a couple im gonna play then..........

sparkles-try love.....

$OULBANDIT & BETTYBOOP :lol::D:yes:xxx

Guest soul bandit

ONLY 5 MORE HOURS TO SOUL HEAVEN :lol:

ACTUALLY IT MAY BE SLIGHTLY MORE BUDDY.................

DONT FORGET I'M NOT ON TIL 10 :lol::D:lol:

only kiddin gaz..........

i cant wait till 8..........................

SENIOR BANDITO WITH $OOOOOOOOOOOUL

Guest Oggie

[ok ok.......... ill tell you a couple im gonna play then..........

sparkles-try love.....

$OULBANDIT & BETTYBOOP :lol::(:lol:xxx

Looking like a cracking set even befor we get there :D

Steve

With sounds like that being played the MELTON MAFIA will also be in attendance :lol:

Oggie,Steve,Caz,Louise.