Sounds Of Soul

Guest boots

Guest boots

hi guys

had a fab night last night as ever,even tried out my leg on the dance floor,great local club and great atmosphere,and really great after party as ever,andy and tracey you make me laugh so much thank you,

thanks yogi,lorraine,chris,lou,reg,debbie,keep em coming biggrin.gif

• Replies 25
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dr Pickles

A few messages of thanks for a brilliant night.

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone that came to see us on Saturday night.

Was a bit concerned that when we had our winter break the momentum of 2007 might have been lost and that numbers could be down. Rugby all nighter was on and they had one of our best supporters in Jon Buck playing. It had also started snowing.

But by 7.00pm the first of our crowd had started turning up. Anyone who has not been before I always say, come early and introduce yourselves. So mentions go out to Kimbo and his dancing crew, Rob from East Grinstead, Dave Crocker and wife, the N'hampton contingent, Stuart etc from P'borough thumbsup.gif . Hope it was everything you wanted.

Special thanks to all our regulars for their support and making this night what it is. I won't mention any names but you all know who you are. :thumbup:

Sian and all the Rugby crew. As soon as we knew we were clashing Sian and I were talking by PM. SOS is not a big threat to a nighter the size of Rugby but myself, Reg, Yogi and some of our crowd love it up there. It could of got all political and loyalties tested but instead Sian offered any of our crowd half price tickets. It warms the cockles of my heart to see this sort of cooperation on the scene.

We hope to see you all again on 7th June and we'll do our best to make it a night to remember.

Cheers

Doc

Guest Carrie Mehome

A great night and a perfect combination for those of us that travelled up to Rugby afterwards. See you all soon.

:) I'd been promising myself that I'd get up to SOS for some time now. Finally made it and wasn't disappointed.

I did 3 venues this weekend, each one different and all good in their own way but this was the pick of the bunch for me.

Being greeted by Reg's smiling face was a good start to the night and things just got better. Sorry, I don't know who played Emmit Long - Call Me, but thanks a million and I'm extremely envious! thumbsup.gif

Excellent night guys - June 7th is in the diary.

On a slightly different note, used my new SatNav for the first time this weekend. Got me to and from Peterboro OK, got me to SOS too. Trying to get home was a different story. Sparked it up in the car park and all I repeatedly got was a tourist commentary on the Plimston Windmill (?) :lol: . I also realised that I hadn't got a bloody clue where I was or the route I had travelled. :thumbup: 0130 by the time I found the M1. I'll pay more attention next time.

Kev.

A few messages of thanks for a brilliant night.

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone that came to see us on Saturday night.

Was a bit concerned that when we had our winter break the momentum of 2007 might have been lost and that numbers could be down. Rugby all nighter was on and they had one of our best supporters in Jon Buck playing. It had also started snowing.

But by 7.00pm the first of our crowd had started turning up. Anyone who has not been before I always say, come early and introduce yourselves. So mentions go out to Kimbo and his dancing crew, Rob from East Grinstead, Dave Crocker and wife, the N'hampton contingent, Stuart etc from P'borough thumbsup.gif . Hope it was everything you wanted.

Special thanks to all our regulars for their support and making this night what it is. I won't mention any names but you all know who you are. :thumbup:

Sian and all the Rugby crew. As soon as we knew we were clashing Sian and I were talking by PM. SOS is not a big threat to a nighter the size of Rugby but myself, Reg, Yogi and some of our crowd love it up there. It could of got all political and loyalties tested but instead Sian offered any of our crowd half price tickets. It warms the cockles of my heart to see this sort of cooperation on the scene.

We hope to see you all again on 7th June and we'll do our best to make it a night to remember.

Cheers

Doc

Hi Chris, Yogi &Reg, Thanks for making us feel so welcome. We all had a brilliant nite talked to a lot of locals between a lot of dancing, have to say very friendly soulies at your gaff. Music wise something for everyone so if its a good nite you are lookin for it comes highly recommeneded. To the guy who had the bembos patch (sorry mate forgot your name ) thanks for showing and telling the story behind it, had a good chat in general seemed a top man you said you had not been for a while, hope you had a goodun like we did, and your mates see you down there soon. Kevinkent thanks for recommendation about this night and nice to see ya again.

Regards Kimbo.

Floyd now back in Luxemberg(his first soul nite in 10 years you blew his mind guys)

Dave his last nite as going to China with work (Nice one to make your last soulnite sad we are losing ya mate, but glad you had a top nite)

Gunny what can I say....another 6 pints falling asleep. Dave taking 2 Flash photoes in the car, you waking up and bollocking me for going through 2 speed camera's ya pratt. But a top soul man.

Hi Chris, Yogi &Reg, Thanks for making us feel so welcome. We all had a brilliant nite talked to a lot of locals between a lot of dancing, have to say very friendly soulies at your gaff. Music wise something for everyone so if its a good nite you are lookin for it comes highly recommeneded. To the guy who had the bembos patch (sorry mate forgot your name ) thanks for showing and telling the story behind it, had a good chat in general seemed a top man you said you had not been for a while, hope you had a goodun like we did, and your mates see you down there soon. Kevinkent thanks for recommendation about this night and nice to see ya again.

Regards Kimbo.

Floyd now back in Luxemberg(his first soul nite in 10 years you blew his mind guys)

Dave his last nite as going to China with work (Nice one to make your last soulnite sad we are losing ya mate, but glad you had a top nite)

Gunny what can I say....another 6 pints falling asleep. Dave taking 2 Flash photoes in the car, you waking up and bollocking me for going through 2 speed camera's ya pratt. But a top soul man.

Kimbo,

It was a pleasure to meet you too and thank you for the nice comments.

Overall a really enjoyable night and thanks to all those that came and supported us once again, even the Virgins (First time visitors to SoS).

I agree with you, we do seem to get a friendly crowd and achieved a warm atmosphere. snow what snow

Look forward to welcoming you all back on 7th June

Cheers

Yogi

Guest Dr Pickles

Kimbo,

It was a pleasure to meet you too and thank you for the nice comments.

Overall a really enjoyable night and thanks to all those that came and supported us once again, even the Virgins (First time visitors to SoS).

I agree with you, we do seem to get a friendly crowd and achieved a warm atmosphere. snow what snow

Look forward to welcoming you all back on 7th June

Cheers

Yogi

All right, at that stage it was it was just a hail storm of biblical proportions. However, my left toe knew snow was coming.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone

Doc

Edited by Dr Pickles

Regards Kimbo.

thumbsup.gif Kimbo, I was an SOS virgin too, but knowing Chris, Reg, and Yogi, I knew you wouldn't be disappointed mate.

Good to see you again and pleased you thought this do was a fitting send off for Dave to China and for Floyd back to Luxembourg..

-Kev.

thumbsup.gif Kimbo, I was an SOS virgin too, but knowing Chris, Reg, and Yogi, I knew you wouldn't be disappointed mate.

Good to see you again and pleased you thought this do was a fitting send off for Dave to China and for Floyd back to Luxembourg..

-Kev.

Yes Kev a quality weekend. SOS sums up what the scene is about good time, meeting new soulies yep an excellent send off for dave and Floyd

Cheers mate.

Aw fanx Chris... :thumbup:

Glad it went well and hope to bump into you at Letchworth... thumbsup.gif

Chris Reg and Yogi , thanks for a great night top sounds top people nice to chat kimbo and others . Had a chat with Pete Townsend we will try and round up a few more for the next sos do and maybe sneak a bit of practice on the dancing side my legs are killing me ! many thanks look forward to the next one Don

Guest Dr Pickles

Cheers guys for a night that just kept getting better and better - my feet were sore at the end! - any chance of seeing some of the playlist - there were a few tunes I heard that I hadnt for a good 15 years or so!

thanx, Jo biggrin.gif

Hi Jo

Really glad you enjoyed it. No chance you were wearing a black top and trousers, hair in a ponytail, standing half way up the right side (as you look at the stage) and dancing all night?

Please come and say hello next time.

No chance of a playlist from me I'm afraid. I was in the zone, pulling records out left, right and centre. Cueing up then changing my mind and swapping for something else. Before I knew it I'd put the last record on. No idea what I played really. Love it when it's like that.

I'll try and do one next time :thumbsup:

ATB

Doc

Edited by Dr Pickles
Guest Little Reg

HAY CRISS

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WERE EYING UP MY GIRL FREND ALL NIGHT

IIL DO YOU A PLAY LIST JO NO ILL DO BETTER THAN THAT ILL PUT ENEY SOUND ON A CD FOR YOU.

ILL SEE YOU @ CSP IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS JO

LITTLE REG XX

Guest andrew bin

another great night at SOS fantastic company and music it doesn't get any better than this, good to see so many new faces as well as the usual suspects, a wide and varied selection of music insured that the dance floor was busy all night (i was even up there ohmy.gif ) my legs ache today i have to say Chris Yogi and Reg always do the their best to make sure every one is made to feel very welcome, well done guys :thumbsup: more of the same next time please :boxing:

we also had a great fun after the doo as always talking cobblers and drinking wine :D thanks Chris and lou for your fantastic hospitality (as usual we didn't want to go home)

Cheers guys for a night that just kept getting better and better - my feet were sore at the end! - any chance of seeing some of the playlist - there were a few tunes I heard that I hadnt for a good 15 years or so!

thanx, Jo :thumbsup:

Jo,

when did you arive?

I did the early spot from 7.30-9.00. any of those grab you

Yogi :thumbsup:

Guest outonthefloor

Thanks Chris et al we had a great nite

This is a really good do in its own right but coupled with a trip to Rugby it was the perfect combination.

Nice to see friendly faces and meet new ones

Floyd e-mail me if ur reading this

One complaint.....Chiris n no spencers it aint right!!!!

Thanks again guys,

See ya at the next one

Helen

XXXXX

Guest Carrie Mehome

Yeah true - I didn't recognise Chris in his straight legs lol! :thumbsup:

Thanks again guys,

See ya at the next one

Helen

XXXXX

Guest Little Reg

This is a really good do in its own right but coupled with a trip to Rugby it was the perfect combination.

Thanks again guys,

See ya at the next one

Helen

BRILLIANT OBSERVATION GIRLS :thumbsup: IVE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO MENTION THIS .

DID CHRISES DRESS SENSE REMIND YOU OF SOMEONE YOU'VE SEEN RECENTLY I WAS THINKING OF SETTING CHRISES SHOES ON FIRE SO HE COULD REALLY LOOK LIKE THE YOUNG FELLA ON THE DUFFY VID :thumbsup:

JOKING ASIDE CHRIS ITS SCOOTER CLUB TO MORROW SEE YOU SOON LITTLE REG

XXXXX

Jo,

when did you arive?

I did the early spot from 7.30-9.00. any of those grab you

Yogi :thumbsup:

Good spot Yogi. I was on the floor within 5 mins of arriving,can't get a better thumbs up than that :thumbsup: . nice to see the dj's havin agroove too, to be fair not a bad spot all nite. Thats why I've been walkin like John Wayne all week.

Guest Dr Pickles

Thanks again guys,

See ya at the next one

Helen

XXXXX

Great to see you all there. It was a brilliant atmosphere and we do appreciate you coming up to see us.

Regarding the spencers, just thought I'd a have a change for a while but did not realise it would cause such a problem. I'll see what can be done for June. :P

Hope to see you all out on a floor soon.

Doc

Great to see you all there. It was a brilliant atmosphere and we do appreciate you coming up to see us.

Regarding the spencers, just thought I'd a have a change for a while but did not realise it would cause such a problem. I'll see what can be done for June. :ohmy:

Doc

"I'm just a dancing fool"

gallery_1774_234_230759.gif

"Why judge people by the trousers they wear?"

Chris it seems that some people are.....

Cheers

Yogi :rolleyes:

Guest Ubenz

Regarding the spencers, just thought I'd a have a change for a while but did not realise it would cause such a problem. I'll see what can be done for June. :rolleyes:

Doc

Edited by Ubenz
Guest Ubenz

Thanks again guys,

See ya at the next one

Helen

XXXXX

Helen,

Good to meet you at Hemel last week.

Have sent you a message via this site.

Any news on the Frankfurt niter, just drop me a line.

Cheers,

Floyd