York Soul Club

Another tremendous nite at York Soul Club, Sat 5t April.

Standing room only by 9.30 pm for an appreciative crowd -many travelling some fair distance -consistent with the clubs reputation for quality, rare and underground soul all on original vinyl, and despite many regulars missing due to previous commitments for the trek to Rugby Soul Club, sickness, Middleton etc.

Personal privilege with a return DJ slot, this time alongside Pat Brady (an all time fav DJ for me), residents Tony Hatfield and John Parker , plus an excellent early bird set from Chris ( sorry forgot his surname).

So many top notch sounds including Pat Brady playing the original recording (unreleased cut?) Carstairs 'It really hurts me'; Tony Hatfield, that sumptuous 'rarest of rare' Barbara Lynn 'Mellow Feeling' and John Parker, the sublime Little Reuben 'In the name of loneliness'.

Special thanks to promoters Tony n Tracey for the generous donation to charity, rather than DJ fee-with money now winging its way to NSPCC.

Will post set list when memory cells re engaged.... chuffed to bits Big Maybelle '96 Tears', the David Ruffin and Charmaines 45s were enjoyed so much ...

IN CROWD Weekender@NORTHAMPTON.23-26 MAY 08. Live acts include The Impressions, Undisputed Truth, The Shades of Blue/Valadiers and Kenny Bernard. DJs GINGER TAYLOR, SEAN CHAPMAN, NIGE BROWN, JO WALLACE, HITSVILLE CHALKY, PHIL RICHARDS, ANDY BELLWOOD, PAUL DONNELLY,TONY DELLAR, CHRIS MORGAN, GLENN BELLAMY, KARL BODDINGTON, CATRIONA & PADDY GRADY. Details including accommodation www.northernsoulradio.co.uk .Tel 01604759719

Perpignan French capital of Catalan (SE France) Soul Week-End 19th June -21June .

DJ's: Phil Shields & Liam Quinn (Belfast Soul Club),Chris "Bearsoul" Morgan (Taste of Honey, Manchester),Tony Jackson (Greatstone Soul Club, Manchester),Paul Rockey (North Wales),Chic (Manchester),Maria Willingham + Special Guest (Middleton),Andy Bellwood (York),Steve Cato (Soul or Nothing),Richard Bergman (Manchester).Thursday: Apritif and Wine Tasting in a typical caf till 00h00.Friday: Soul Steppin' Party till 01h30.Saturday: Apritif on terrace till 9', Soul film at theatre for those who want, All niter till 5' in the morning, big wooden floor. Cheap flights with Ryanair, BMI baby, Easyjet. Full details to follow, in the meantime for further info , accommodation etc contact Rapha«l Van Weyenbergh [dr_braces@hotmail.com]

Edited by andybellwood
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes, another good night there. Its a pity me & Mr G couldnt make it there until 10.30, so couldnt have long there, was nicely warmed up when we got there & struggled for a seat.

Great music as always,thanks to John for Bobby Kline :thumbsup: Good laugh with friends, the short term memory man still has me giggling now.

In the words of the last tune played "I'll be back"

Kx

Yes, another good night there. Its a pity me & Mr G couldnt make it there until 10.30, so couldnt have long there, was nicely warmed up when we got there & struggled for a seat.

Great music as always,thanks to John for Bobby Kline :thumbsup: Good laugh with friends, the short term memory man still has me giggling now.

In the words of the last tune played "I'll be back"

Kx

good to c ya as always

playlist :

The Charmaines 'I idolise you ' (Kent 6ts Anniversary)

Gloria Walker & the Chevelles 'You hit the spot baby' (Flying Arrow)

Benny Latimore 'Girl I've got news for you ' (Dade)

Big Maybelle '96 tears' (Rojac)

Z Z Hill 'Oh! Darling' (Kent promo)

Milton Bennett 'What's one more lie' (Kent 6ts Anniversary)

David Ruffin 'No matter where' (Motown )

The Astors 'In the twilight zone' (Stax)

Uniques 'Not too long ago' (Paula)

M&M and the Peanuts 'Can't say no' (Kent 6ts Anniversary)

Mark Lloyd 'When I 'm gonna find her' (Parlophone)

Grover Mitchell 'What hurts' (Vanguard)

Bobby Thurston 'Just ask me' (Expansion SR )

Bits n Pieces 'Keep on running away' (Nasco)

Oscar Perry 'Main String' (Peritone)

Larry Saunders 'On the real side' (Realside DJ )

John Edwards 'How can I go one without you' (Kent Select)

Larry Houston 'Lets spend some time together' (HFMP)

Melvin Moore 'All of a sudden' (Skyhero)

Carol Woods 'Heading down fool's road' (20TH Century promo)

Willie Tee 'Teasing you again' (Grapevine 2000 promo)

Betty Swann 'The dance is over' (Kent Select)

IN CROWD Weekender@NORTHAMPTON.23-26 MAY 08. Live acts include The Impressions, Undisputed Truth, The Shades of Blue/Valadiers and Kenny Bernard. DJs GINGER TAYLOR, SEAN CHAPMAN, NIGE BROWN, JO WALLACE, HITSVILLE CHALKY, PHIL RICHARDS, ANDY BELLWOOD, PAUL DONNELLY,TONY DELLAR, CHRIS MORGAN, GLENN BELLAMY, KARL BODDINGTON, CATRIONA & PADDY GRADY. Details including accommodation www.northernsoulradio.co.uk .Tel 01604759719

Perpignan the French Catalan capital Soul Week-End! 19 June-21 June

DJ's: Phil Shields & Liam Quinn (Belfast Soul Club),Chris "Bearsoul" Morgan (Taste of Honey, Manchester),Tony Jackson (Greatstone Soul Club, Manchester),Paul Rockey (North Wales),Chic (Manchester),Maria Willingham + Special Guest (Middleton),Andy Bellwood (York),Steve Cato (Soul or Nothing),Richard Bergman (Manchester).Thursday: Apritif and Wine Tasting in a typical caf till 00h00.Friday: Soul Steppin' Party till 01h30.Saturday: Apritif on terrace till 9', Soul film at theatre for those who want, All niter till 5' in the morning, big wooden floor. Cheap flights with Ryanair, BMI baby, Easyjet. Full details to follow, in the meantime for further info , accommodation etc contact Rapha«l Van Weyenbergh [dr_braces@hotmail.com]

Edited by andybellwood

playlist :

The Charmaines 'I idolise you ' (Kent 6ts Anniversary)

Gloria Walker & the Chevelles 'You hit the spot baby' (Flying Arrow)

Benny Latimore 'Girl I've got news for you ' (Dade)

Big Maybelle '96 tears' (Rojac)

Z Z Hill 'Oh! Darling' (Kent promo)

Milton Bennett 'What's one more lie' (Kent 6ts Anniversary)

David Ruffin 'No matter where' (Motown )

The Astors 'In the twilight zone' (Stax)

Uniques 'Not too long ago' (Paula)

M&M and the Peanuts 'Can't say no' (Kent 6ts Anniversary)

Mark Lloyd 'When I 'm gonna find her' (Parlophone)

Grover Mitchell 'What hurts' (Vanguard)

Bobby Thurston 'Just ask me' (Expansion SR )

Bits n Pieces 'Keep on running away' (Nasco)

Oscar Perry 'Main String' (Peritone)

Larry Saunders 'On the real side' (Realside DJ )

John Edwards 'How can I go one without you' (Kent Select)

Larry Houston 'Lets spend some time together' (HFMP)

Melvin Moore 'All of a sudden' (Skyhero)

Carol Woods 'Heading down fool's road' (20TH Century promo)

Willie Tee 'Teasing you again' (Grapevine 2000 promo)

Betty Swann 'The dance is over' (Kent Select)

Perpignan the French Catalan capital Soul Week-End! 19 June-21 June

Thought larry saunders was on turbo, never seen one if these :thumbsup:

Guest jobete

Another tremendous nite at York Soul Club, Sat 5t April.

Standing room only by 9.30 pm for an appreciative crowd -many travelling some fair distance -consistent with the clubs reputation for quality, rare and underground soul all on original vinyl, and despite many regulars missing due to previous commitments for the trek to Rugby Soul Club, sickness, Middleton etc.

Personal privilege with a return DJ slot, this time alongside Pat Brady (an all time fav DJ for me), residents Tony Hatfield and John Parker , plus an excellent early bird set from Chris ( sorry forgot his surname).

So many top notch sounds including Pat Brady playing the original recording (unreleased cut?) Carstairs 'It really hurts me'; Tony Hatfield, that sumptuous 'rarest of rare' Barbara Lynn 'Mellow Feeling' and John Parker, the sublime Little Reuben 'In the name of loneliness'.

Special thanks to promoters Tony n Tracey for the generous donation to charity, rather than DJ fee-with money now winging its way to NSPCC.

Will post set list when memory cells re engaged.... chuffed to bits Big Maybelle '96 Tears', the David Ruffin and Charmaines 45s were enjoyed so much ...

Perpignan French capital of Catalan (SE France) Soul Week-End 19th June -21June .

Must agree with you, very good night indeed, well worth the trip

It's what's the scene is all about, it was pleasure to hear quality soul music played all night & to hear a few that was new to my ears, nice to hear ZZ Hill get an airing, should be played more often

Was good to catch up with Pat, who I haven't seen in over 10 years, so all in all an excellent night

thanks

sorry andy not questioning you just never seen or heard of that label, now have the answers regards HARRY :ohmy:
no probs Harry -the previously unreleased studio demo version (now on ''Realside) is a rather nice track , a bit longer and completely different mix from Turbo issue -well worth having a listen 2 and getting , though now deleted :rolleyes:

Perpignan the French capital of Catalan (SE France) Soul Week-End! 19 June-21 June.

Edited by andybellwood

no probs Harry -the previously unreleased studio demo version (now on ''Realside) is a rather nice track , a bit longer and completely different mix from Turbo issue -well worth having a listen 2 and getting , though now deleted :rolleyes:

Perpignan the French capital of Catalan (SE France) Soul Week-End! 19 June-21 June.

Still available on ebay, 45`s to go store £9.99 :ohmy:

Realside is a recent release..of unreleased version...does that make sense.... crazy beat have em

mines a megre, mint red london demo :D

Geeoooordie

MEGRE, MINT LONDON DEMO :D i have the turbo release, and the all platinum album release, first time i`d heard of this label, wich is why i asked the question, theres a thread ongoing in look at your box, regarding there new release with a link to ebay sales shop, know wich one i`d rather have mate whistling.gif:D

ps the thread is in all about soul section

Edited by HARRY CROSBY