No More Doggin 12th April- Craig Simpson (berts Apple Crumble)

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Fresh from a great night at the Rugby niter and ready for more of the same, we welcome Craig Simpson making his NMD debut.

If you were lucky enough to be at Rugby last weekend, you'll know that Craig is gonna treat us to some top notch choons, plus you'll also have an idea what the NMD crew has to offer.

So if you had a ball with us at the niter, come pay us a visit this coming Saturday..... you'll be very very welcome :thumbsup:

Fresh from a great night at the Rugby niter and ready for more of the same, we welcome Craig Simpson making his NMD debut.

If you were lucky enough to be at Rugby last weekend, you'll know that Craig is gonna treat us to some top notch choons, plus you'll also have an idea what the NMD crew has to offer.

So if you had a ball with us at the niter, come pay us a visit this coming Saturday..... you'll be very very welcome :thumbsup:

Hiya Kev,

i'll be there, had a blast at the Rugby session, really enjoyed Craig Simpson's set (and the NMD crew's tunes of course)...........can't wait for more of the same on Saturday. Any news yet, of the changes you said were coming to NMD soon? Am intrigued, shall look forward to seeing you all Saturday night.

Perdita

Guest carnabychick

Hiya Perdita glad u goin sat night :thumbsup: , had a brill time in Rugby and can't wait for this sat to hear more of the same :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hiya Kev,

i'll be there, had a blast at the Rugby session, really enjoyed Craig Simpson's set (and the NMD crew's tunes of course)...........can't wait for more of the same on Saturday. Any news yet, of the changes you said were coming to NMD soon? Am intrigued, shall look forward to seeing you all Saturday night.

Perdita

Hiya Kev, Any news yet, of the changes you said were coming to NMD soon? Am intrigued,

Perdita

Hiya Perdita,

yes there is news....

Its been pointed out to me several times recently that there has been a slow, but noticeable, reduction in the amount of soul/northern we've been playing. This is fair (and true) comment and was not a conscious decision, it just sort of happened. We have always prided ourselves in playing a good selection and mixture of northern and RnB of roughly equal measure, so going forward we will be trying to get back to the way we were this time last year.

We have been asked to bring the night forward one week to the beginning the month (starting in June) which since ShakeDown haven't arranged any dates, should be ok. This will also mean we no longer clash with the niter that was so close by, which definately affected numbers at NMD.

Also, I'm close to coaxing Simon Hunt out of his DJing retirement thumbsup.gif which should be great news for the club and NMD punters alike. Fingers crossed, I'll have confirmation from Simon soon and will be adding him to the line-up in time for this Saturday :lol:

So, all in all I'm quite positive for the future at NMD.

See ya Saturday :lol:

Kev.C.

Guest carnabychick

aww thx i can't wait to try it on :yes::ohmy:

cya sat nite hun and dont forget ya dancing shoes :Pcool.gif

shirl x

Hiya Shirl,

looking forward to seeing you again Saturday, will remember to give you top this time :)

Have a good week

Perdita

Guest helsbob

Have a wonderful time ladies would love to come down, but my car needs a little rest - staying local. Sure to catch up with you soon :thumbsup:

My feet still haven't recovered from Rugby :ohmy:

'crazy, hypnotic, low down, dirty music - it'll be the death of me'

x

Helen

Guest SteveJohnston

Hiya Perdita,

yes there is news....

Its been pointed out to me several times recently that there has been a slow, but noticeable, reduction in the amount of soul/northern we've been playing. This is fair (and true) comment and was not a conscious decision, it just sort of happened. We have always prided ourselves in playing a good selection and mixture of northern and RnB of roughly equal measure, so going forward we will be trying to get back to the way we were this time last year.

We have been asked to bring the night forward one week to the beginning the month (starting in June) which since ShakeDown haven't arranged any dates, should be ok. This will also mean we no longer clash with the niter that was so close by, which definately affected numbers at NMD.

Also, I'm close to coaxing Simon Hunt out of his DJing retirement :thumbsup: which should be great news for the club and NMD punters alike. Fingers crossed, I'll have confirmation from Simon soon and will be adding him to the line-up in time for this Saturday :lol:

So, all in all I'm quite positive for the future at NMD.

See ya Saturday :ohmy:

Kev.C.

Kev

If you have managed to get Simon out of is much to early retirement from playing the calibre of soul records we all know he can play and the way he puts a set together good on you my mate, I'm so glad Simon is getting back on track and as a mate I wish him all the very best.

I have always believed that Simon is one of the best there is at playing Northern Soul, I know the Lads at Lowton rate Simon very highly as do the Wolverhampton crew and many more it's just a same he hasn't played his collection to a lot more soul fans and taken the booking I know he as been offered over the years because if he had I truly believe he would be up there with the likes of Butch and co but that was Simons decision and we have to respect it,

NMD will be a lot better of with him in the DJ line make no mistake and I really do hope you and the club go from strength to strength my friend.

Steve J

Shame Helen, it's fun having you on the dancefloor.......... but I know it's a bit far for you to come from up north.

Seeya soon

Perdita

Have a wonderful time ladies would love to come down, but my car needs a little rest - staying local. Sure to catch up with you soon :rolleyes:

My feet still haven't recovered from Rugby :D

x

Helen

Guest carnabychick

Thx Helen :thumbup: , you have a good weekend and hope your feet recover soon lolll :rolleyes:

cya soon hun xxxxx

Have a wonderful time ladies would love to come down, but my car needs a little rest - staying local. Sure to catch up with you soon :thumbsup:

My feet still haven't recovered from Rugby :wave:

x

Helen

Guest carnabychick

Hiya Steve,

it was great to finally meet ya on sat night and discuss how things are ooop north :rolleyes: , I am also looking forward to meeting Simon tomorrow, never heard him dj before but have heard loads of good stuff about him so really lookin forward to tomorrow nite :thumbsup:

shirl

Kev

If you have managed to get Simon out of is much to early retirement from playing the calibre of soul records we all know he can play and the way he puts a set together good on you my mate, I'm so glad Simon is getting back on track and as a mate I wish him all the very best.

I have always believed that Simon is one of the best there is at playing Northern Soul, I know the Lads at Lowton rate Simon very highly as do the Wolverhampton crew and many more it's just a same he hasn't played his collection to a lot more soul fans and taken the booking I know he as been offered over the years because if he had I truly believe he would be up there with the likes of Butch and co but that was Simons decision and we have to respect it,

NMD will be a lot better of with him in the DJ line make no mistake and I really do hope you and the club go from strength to strength my friend.

Steve J

Guest Mrs Simsy

Heard a lot of good things about this night & if how packed the r'n'b room was at Rugby with you guys in it is anything to go by i'm sure this will be a corker of a night! Sorry i can't make it tomorrow guys. Have a gud un & i'll hopefully see you at the next one! :thumbup:

Guest stackowax

Heard a lot of good things about this night & if how packed the r'n'b room was at Rugby with you guys in it is anything to go by i'm sure this will be a corker of a night! Sorry i can't make it tomorrow guys. Have a gud un & i'll hopefully see you at the next one! :thumbup:

My box is still packed from last week but i might shuffle a few around, and bung some northern in the mix to add to the requests coming through.

Can't wait !

Craig

www.myspace.com/bertsapplecrumbleclub

Hiya Kylee,

thought about asking if you wanted to tag along, but I guessed you'd probably be elsewhere. Let me know if you want to go to the next one and I'll give ya a lift.

Have a great weekend.

Perdita

Hiya Kylee,

thought about asking if you wanted to tag along, but I guessed you'd probably be elsewhere. Let me know if you want to go to the next one and I'll give ya a lift.

Have a great weekend.

Perdita

She wont big herself up...she's DJing, that's why she can't get along, so I'll big her up instead... :lol:

I hope you have a good-un, by the sounds coming out of the freestyle room at Rugby, you should do... :yes:

Steve, I've just got off the phone to Simon and he's definately gonna be there tomorrow to do a couple of spots for us :lol:

Kev

Steve J

Really looking forward to hearing some more of your choons Craig.

Knowing the quality of sounds you have, I'm a little embarrassed that i hadn't asked you to play at NMD a lot sooner mate.

see ya tomorrow :lol:

My box is still packed from last week but i might shuffle a few around, and bung some northern in the mix to add to the requests coming through.

Can't wait !

Craig

www.myspace.com/bertsapplecrumbleclub

Guest adlibsoul

Hi Kev,we clash with you tonight but i've already had a load of feedback about attending your night either in May or June as in your PM to me.Have a good one - always think of NMD as being the pioneers in playing the music from the side of the scene we respect. Glenn

Hi Kev,we clash with you tonight but i've already had a load of feedback about attending your night either in May or June as in your PM to me.Have a good one - always think of NMD as being the pioneers in playing the music from the side of the scene we respect. Glenn

Hi Glenn, thanks for your kind words mate. Have a great night tonight :lol:

Look forward to meeting you ... soon :thumbsup:

Kev.C.

Edited by RnB Rookie