Wrong Choice?if Only

doog

went to morecombe pier as a young lad,looking for "big maybelle" quittin time,this bloke at the record stall said i aint got big maybelle but ive got the kansas city playboys version ,you can have it for a quid!!i didnt know the other version at the time and thought it might be a dodgy white cover,surely no decent black soul artist comes from fuckin kansas,well i fecked off and found a rojac demo and paid 8 quid for it (i was on 25 pounds a week then!!!),and was quite happy for a few years,till i heard the other version out one nite and how popular it became and how i prefered it over big maybelle,enede up paying 60 quid at bolton town hall for it a few years later,if only id fekin listened to that bloke at morecombe he said it was a good version, any other tales of intense record woes out there?????????? :thumbsup::boxing:sad.gif:D:lol:

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Popular Days

Most active in this topic

in 1987 i paid £7 for a red london demo of queen of fools. a week later i was rooting on barnsley market and found a uk black hickory issue. four pronged center, anti skate, the lot. nice condition

too. I thought "i should buy it" . but seeing as i`d just got the london copy and money was

tight i talked myself out of it. I went home and it was praying on my mind all week. so i went

back to see if it was there. it wasnt. One of many i`ve dropped over the years. latest one is

the soul shakers on teri de. have you seen what its currently fetching on ebay :thumbsup: ............

im distraught

dave

(one of south yorkshires best kept secrets)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.