Billy Stonier Appeal Sad News

AS A FEW OF YOU KNOW I WAS GOING TO PUT A CHARITY NIGHT ON FOR THE BILLY STONIER APPEAL ON TH 6TH OF JUNE AT KINGSWAY ALL TO RAISE FUND TO HAVE HIS HOUSE ADAPTED TO MEET BILLYS NEED HE WAS TWO YRS OLD.ON FRIDAY I RECIEVED THE BAD NEWS THAT BILLY HAS DIED ON FRIDAY MORNING.I HAVE NOT SPOKEN TO HIS MUM OR DAD THOUGHT IT WAS BEST TO LEAVE IT FOR A WHILE.I JUST WANT THEM TO KNOW THAT MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH THEM AND ALL THEM THAT KNOW OF THE SOUL NIGHT SEND THEM THERE LOVE.THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE APPEAL I WILL STILL HOPEFULLY PUT THE NIGHT ON FOR THE FAMILEY SO THEY CAN GIVE THE PROCCEEDS TO THE HOSPITAL UNIT THAT HAD BEEN CARING FOR HIM HOPEFULLY. I WILL POST ANYMORE INFOMATION AS SOON AS I CAN SO PLEASE KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR INFORMATION ON THIS EVENT FLYERS HAVE ALREADY BEEN PUT OUT FOR THE EVENT ON THE 6 TH JUNE SO PLEASE IF YOU SEE THEM KEEP HOLD OF THEM AND I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW ASAP OF WHAT GOING TO HAPPERN

Edited by night nurse
  • Replies 33
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

AS A FEW OF YOU KNOW I WAS GOING TO PUT A CHARITY NIGHT ON FOR THE BILLY STONIER APPEAL ON TH 6TH OF JUNE AT KINGSWAY ALL TO RAISE FUND TO HAVE HIS HOUSE ADAPTED TO MEET BILLYS NEED HE WAS TWO YRS OLD.ON FRIDAY I RECIEVED THE BAD NEWS THAT BILLY HAS DIED ON FRIDAY MORNING.I HAVE NOT SPOKEN TO HIS MUM OR DAD THOUGHT IT WAS BEST TO LEAVE IT FOR A WHILE.I JUST WANT THEM TO KNOW THAT MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH THEM AND ALL THEM THAT KNOW OF THE SOUL NIGHT SEND THEM THERE LOVE.THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE APPEAL I WILL STILL HOPEFULLY PUT THE NIGHT ON FOR THE FAMILEY SO THEY CAN GIVE THE PROCCEEDS TO THE HOSPITAL UNIT THAT HAD BEEN CARING FOR HIM HOPEFULLY. I WILL POST ANYMORE INFOMATION AS SOON AS I CAN SO PLEASE KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR INFORMATION ON THIS EVENT FLYERS HAVE ALREADY BEEN PUT OUT FOR THE EVENT ON THE 6 TH JUNE SO PLEASE IF YOU SEE THEM KEEP HOLD OF THEM AND I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW ASAP OF WHAT GOING TO HAPPERN

just be told that the family are going to contact me on friday so i will let you know what we are going to do i willl keep you posted

i had a call on thursday about the event and we have decieded to put the event on. we will now be doing it as a benifit night for the family. we want to raise as much as we can to help them have a holiday they still have 2 children and have not been able to go any where due to billy illness so the few folk that new about what we were doing ask me to speak to the family about it. They were overwelmed by it all .so june the 6th is on at kingsway hall as there is no east kirkby soul club that night carl as offerd us the use of the hall a big thanks to him for that. This is a very worthy cuarse so come on dig deep and lets give um a great night and a even better holiday there will still be a raffle and i can assure you that there are some fantastic prizes to be had. If you want to donate anything please pm me or see me at the different venues around i know that the people on the scean will support this. everything that is raised will go to them pay at the door £4.00 and a big thanks for your inpending support if you need to know anymore info feel free to contact me cheers soulies

Edited by night nurse

Here is a little information for any one who would like to make a donation to this very worthy caurse

A DISABLED Sutton toddler whose plight touched the hearts of the whole community has died at the age of two.

Billy Stonier was born with an abnormally developed brain and was unable to walk, talk, sit or take anything by mouth as well as being registered blind.

His parents' determination to adapt the family home and make life easier for Billy sparked a massive fundraising drive across Ashfield.

And this week, heartbroken mum Kelly (27) paid tribute to Billy and said he brought pleasure to all who knew him.

"He Kelly also urged anyone who has planned a fundraising event to go ahead with it in memory of Billy and all the money will be given to the hospitals.was a very brave little boy and it has been lovely that he brought so much happiness to our lives," He died on Friday at 4pm surrounded by Kelly, dad Craig, six-year-old sister Molly and grandparents Kath and Dave Stonier, and Sue and Gary Chappell.

Billy also leaves behind his younger sister, five-month-old Ruby.

This extract was taken from the mansfeild chad. The chad will be sending a reporter and photes will be taken on the night by them for publication in the news paper

Last night i went to the shed at beeston and passed a bucket round this is the first night we had done this and we collected just over £170.00 and thats a fantastic start to the fund raiseing i will be out and about at different venues passing the old bucket around a big thanks to the shed for there support

night nurse

Edited by night nurse

hi all we will be at the polish club derby friday to pass the bucket round if you not been here before then try it . always a good night here see you yhere

:thumbsup:INNER CITY SOUL CLUB :)

ACROSS THE BOARD SOUL MUSIC

@

THE POLISH CLUB

KEDLESTON ROAD

DERBY DE22 1GU

(Due to polish celebrations at the club, for one month only we have been forced to change the date )

FRIDAY 18th APRIL

BAR 8PM TILL 12.00 AM ADMISSION £3.50 O.T.D

Large Wooden Dance Floor

RESIDENT DJ's

Steve Handsley, Fran & Graham Malley

GUEST DJ

Little Carl (Derby)

Large free car park at the rear

Record Dealers Welcome

yet another night at the kedlston rd polish club fantastic venue brill music and great promoters and a fantastic crowd. The old bucket went round and we raised another £85.00 pounds toward the bennifit night on june the 6th. You all deserve a pat on the back a big thanks to you all. we are well on the way to the target we set to raise and at this rate we will pass it. Just goes to show what a caring lot you are. Once again a big pat on the back from me thumbup.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by night nurse
Guest RICTIC
:P hiya dave if your going with your bucket collecting tonite at kingsway soul nite we,ll put some cash in it ok matey ,it will be a bangin nite as usual, playin northern soul & motown oldies see you there tonite KTF RICTIC rolleyes.gif

Hi Dave, Good to hear the Billie Stonier charity night is still going ahead, should think the family will need a holiday, what a good idea. Put the fliers out at Ritz Brighouse on 18th. We will put some out there next month too. That bucket is working overtime, keep up the good work! :thumbup:

John

post man just arrived at 4pm what a time to arrive a big thanks to pete and cathy for the donation its folks like you two that makes the soul scean a great thing to be apart off thank you very much you are both stars it will go a long way to provide a great holiday for billy family

well the bucket as retired from its long month of visting venue across notts and mansfeild and can i say a big thanks to you all for your support in raising money for this appeal and i know many of you have put it several times over the last month. a big thanks to the following venues :D

THE SHED (BEESTON)

THE POLISH CLUB (DERBY)

FOREST TOWN (KINGSWAY HALL)

FERATION CLUB (NOTTINGHAM)

THORSBY SOCIAL CLUB (EDWINSTOWE)

EAST KIRKBY MINERS WELFARE (KIRKBY)

THANK YOU TO ALL THE PROMOTERS OF THESE VENUES WHO HAVE SUPORTED ME IN THIS AND ALLOWING ME TO PASS THE BUCKET :D

THE GRAND TOTAL OF THE COLLECTION THOUGH OUT THE MONTH IS (DRUM ROLL )**************£634.84 **************** SO THANK YOU ALL VERY VERY MUCH ALSO TO THEM WHO HAVE POST CASH TO ME YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE THIS IS A GREAT START AND MORE WILL BE ADDED ON THE NIGHT OF 6TH OF JUNE. WE STILL SHORT OF SOME RAFFLE PRIZERS SO IF YOU CAN HELP PLEASE PM ON HERE

DAVE SUE AND GARY

• 3 weeks later...

well not long to go for this very worth while event with all proceeds going to the family we hoping for a great turn out for this one to add to the £634 we already collected for the whole family to go on a well deserved holiday so please upport us billy mum and dad will be there so come and have a good night of northern and motown god bless all who have doneted to this appeal

well the bucket as retired from its long month of visting venue across notts and mansfeild and can i say a big thanks to you all for your support in raising money for this appeal and i know many of you have put it several times over the last month. a big thanks to the following venues :rolleyes:

THE SHED (BEESTON)

THE POLISH CLUB (DERBY)

FOREST TOWN (KINGSWAY HALL)

FERATION CLUB (NOTTINGHAM)

THORSBY SOCIAL CLUB (EDWINSTOWE)

EAST KIRKBY MINERS WELFARE (KIRKBY)

THANK YOU TO ALL THE PROMOTERS OF THESE VENUES WHO HAVE SUPORTED ME IN THIS AND ALLOWING ME TO PASS THE BUCKET :lol:

THE GRAND TOTAL OF THE COLLECTION THOUGH OUT THE MONTH IS (DRUM ROLL )**************£634.84 **************** SO THANK YOU ALL VERY VERY MUCH ALSO TO THEM WHO HAVE POST CASH TO ME YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE THIS IS A GREAT START AND MORE WILL BE ADDED ON THE NIGHT OF 6TH OF JUNE. WE STILL SHORT OF SOME RAFFLE PRIZERS SO IF YOU CAN HELP PLEASE PM ON HERE

DAVE SUE AND GARY

A fantastic sum of money raised :lol: well done to you, and hope you do really well on the night too thumbup.gif Best of wishes and good luck shades.gif

JBxxxKTFxxx

Guest GazArcher

just three days to go

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ITS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO REFLECT HOW LUCKY WE HAVE ALL BEEN AND WHAT FULL LIVES WE HAVE ALL ENJOYED WITH NORTHERN GIVING US SO MANY MEMORIES AND GOOD TIMES, SO ITS GOOD TO BE ABLE TO GIVE SOMETHING BACK TO A FAMILY WHOSE MEMORIES AT THIS MOMENT REFLECT SADNESS, BUT I AM SURE THAT THEY ALSO REMEMBER SOME OF THE GOOD TIMES WITH LITTLE BILLY AND CAN SMILE THROUGH THE TEARS AT THE LOVE HE BROUGHT INTO THEIR LIVES.

I FEEL VERY PROUD AT BEING ASKED TO START THE EVENING OFF AND HOPE I CAN DO THE FAMILY, AND OF COURSE THE NORTHERN COMMUNITY PROUD. DAVE HAS DONE A GREAT JOB IN RAISING THE AMOUNT HE HAS SO FAR, BUT WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT IF WE COULD BREAK THE £1000.00 BARRIER AND GIVE THIS FAMILY THE HOLIDAY THEY DESERVE.

IF YOUR NOT SURE WHERE TO GO FRIDAY, COME TO KINGSWAY FOR THIS CHARITY EVENT, IT PROMISES TO BE A GREAT NIGHT OF MUSIC, AND ONE FILLED WITH LOVE AND EMOTION, GIVE GENEROUSLY, AND WHAT BETTER WAY COULD YOU START A WEEKEND THAN THIS......IT WILL BE GAURANTEED TO BRING A TEAR TO YOUR EYE AND A WARM FEELING INSIDE.

WELL I'M FILLING UP ALREADY. IT WILL BE A NIGHT THAT WE HOPE WILL BE REMEMBERED BY BILLYS FAMILY AND ONE THAT WILL GIVE THEM A LIFT AND SHOW THEM THAT THEY ARE NOT ALONE AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS........KEEP THE FAITH, IT WILL ALWAYS SEE YOU THROUGH NO MATTER WHAT YOUR FAITH IS.

LETS REALLY GO FOR IT FRIDAY AND CELEBRATE A BRAVE YOUNG BOYS LIFE AND SALUTE HIS FAMILY thumbup.gif

GARRY ARCHER

Well what can I say about last night. well Im gonna tell yah it was one of the greatest nights I have had the privilage to promote. We had 4 top djs that deliverd the best sounds around on the Northern soul scene today. The night kicked of with ;

The soul doctor (Gaz Archer)

who is one of the best all round dj's on the scene today. He played to the floor with his box of tricks (not sure about footsie though lol ) but he set the bench mark for the rest to follow and he did a sterling job : as usual BIG THANKS GARY

Then Barnsley's best Yockie

This man never seems to dissapoint me ,I know he can and does, without fail, fill the floor. He is a great freind and he is loved to bits by sue and me He never lets us down. Along with his lovely wife Joy he knows just how to set the dance floor alight and he did. BIG THANKS TO YOCKIE.

Then Chesterfeild's finest Ian Gee

Who played his special brand of oldies that wows them all every time. He's another dj who always delivers. He kept the floor going strong. It was said to me That it was always a pleasure to listen to his spot and I thank him for delivering some truly awsome sounds ; THANKYOU IAN

Then came the Night nurse Dave

Cant really comment on myself.

Just to say thankyou to all the djs who gave their time for free to make this night the sucess it was.

At this point I now give you the total amount raised;

Traveling round different venues with the bucket we raised

£620 .00

And on the night a further

£520.00

A Grand total of £1140 .00

We had over a 100 folks in last night, it was a complete success. A massive thanks to you all who put your hands in your pockets a gave to this very worth while evening.

Kelly and Craig (Billy's parents) where overwelmed by it all and are now off to Disney world paris with Billy's two sisters.

We acheived what we wanted to and now all Sue,Gary and Myself can say is thanks to you all, Give yourselves a pat on the back.

Normal service is now resumed We'll be back at Our normal venue East Kirkby miners welfare on July the 4th with Dj's Cressy (Bentinck) and Rob Wigley ( Bridlington ).

Lastly.........

Thanks to Carl Piper and Kingsway Hall for stepping up to the mark and allowing us to use their venue for the night.

Attached thumbnail(s)

Reduced 74%

600 x 754 (87.99K)