Info Please: Majestics / David And Ruben

Could some please give me all the gory details on (I Love You So Much) It Hurts Me released by Majestics on Linda and David and Ruben on Rampart/Warner Bros.

Had always thought that they were identical recordings and so did a friend that I asked earlier today. But I've got both in front of me now (Warner D&R) and the intro is different on David and Ruben to the Majestics 45.

So why the name differences, and 3 different label release...oh so many questions!

Cheers,

Adam.

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

David & Rubin on Rampart is the same record the same stamp from the same press as the Lida's but D&R on Warner Brothers is different no trumpet fanfare to herald the record in and sounds a bit different I think cause its not styrene, in a nut shell.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

David & Rubin on Rampart is the same record the same stamp from the same press as the Lida's but D&R on Warner Brothers is different no trumpet fanfare to herald the record in and sounds a bit different I think cause its not styrene, in a nut shell.

Cheers thumbsup.gif

Assuming Rampart is a local release and Warner a national? Which came first Rampart or Ms on Linda? Why the change of group name?

That trumpet fanfare really makes the hairs on my neck stand up :lol:

Small point but both my Ms on Linda and D&R on Warner are both vinyl.

Cheers,

Adam.

Social source share

rolleyes.gif

Cheers :lol:

Assuming Rampart is a local release and Warner a national? Which came first Rampart or Ms on Linda? Why the change of group name?

That trumpet fanfare really makes the hairs on my neck stand up :lol:

Small point but both my Ms on Linda and D&R on Warner are both vinyl.

Cheers,

Adam.

Hi Adam the Linda is more styrene a bit Okeh type than vinyl, unlike those think Delt stamped discs you get pre-1966.

Presume the Majestics and D& R were the same time.

Social source share

rolleyes.gif

Hi Adam the Linda is more styrene a bit Okeh type than vinyl, unlike those think Delt stamped discs you get pre-1966.

Presume the Majestics and D& R were the same time.

Cheers again, I'm assuming you mean the Warner Bros is the cheaper vinyl (although still a million times better than styrene) as my WB copy is but the Linda is high quality thick vinyl.

I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that the Linda 45 was released in 1965, the Warner in 1969 (from when they got picked up by the label I would guess) but have never seen a date for the Rampart release. Guess this is 1965 as well? Anyone confirm those dates for me?

Adam.

Social source share

Hi Adam, as I said the Rampart is the same press as the Linda same Matrix numbers so they are indistinguishable from each other.

SM delta58648 max 45-ATE-81 on the label Rampart 662 Padue (BMI) (45-ATE-81).

Doh sorry Adam its more vinyl than styrene my minds playing tricks on me again.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

Cheers for all that, been trying to decide which to keep and it's got to be Majestics on Linda, for the intro and louder cut thumbsup.gif

Adam.

Social source share

Cheers again, I'm assuming you mean the Warner Bros is the cheaper vinyl (although still a million times better than styrene) as my WB copy is but the Linda is high quality thick vinyl.

I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that the Linda 45 was released in 1965, the Warner in 1969 (from when they got picked up by the label I would guess) but have never seen a date for the Rampart release. Guess this is 1965 as well? Anyone confirm those dates for me?

Adam.

R & B Indies shows the Rampart release date as 1968.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!